To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Skip's sofa

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Skip's sofa

Post by Stu255 »

Wow, Man Utd look bloody awful there.

skip
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: UFPL beta winner 2014, OFL ISO winner 2013

Post by skip »

Stu255 wrote: 08 Oct 2018, 21:22 Wow, Man Utd look bloody awful there.
Alexis and Rashford have slightly more attacking stats per 90, but not enough minutes played to make it into this chart.

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

GW8 review & wildcard impulse

71 points and a green arrow for the 2nd week running despite a Kane (c) fail and I seem to be the only person without Doherty. My team as stands is well set, but I have a feeling I don't have some very desirable players for the next 5-6 games and that this is the time to pull out the wildcard.

Current team:
Patricio - Hamer
Alonso - Trippier - Van Dijk - Boly - AWB
Hazard - Mane - SilvaD - Fraser - Stephens
Kane - Wilson - Zaha

I feel like I have good options from the big hitters, but not great ones. For example I'd rather have Salah than Mane, and Robertson than VVD for Liverpool's easy fixtures. I have Boly whereas I'd really like one of their attacking full backs. I'd rather have Mendy than Alonso or Trippier. I'd also really like an Everton midfielder and Mitrovic, plus Arnautovic in a couple of game weeks. I want Aguero over Kane.

Proposed Wildcard team, 8-9 changes:
Patricio - Hamer
Robertson, Mendy, TAA or Chilwell, Johnny, AWB
Hazard - Salah - Richarlison - Fraser - Hojberg or Murphy
Aguero - Wilson - Mitrovic

leaving enough in the bank for the Wilson > Arnie upgrade later

Thoughts on using it vs saving? I have a good team for GW9 either way, but the wildcard squad is so much better over the next 5-6 weeks.

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

I activated my wildcard last week to catch a couple of price changes, have a feeling I should have hung on a few weeks longer after the injury to Salah, but given the uncertainty over the fitness of several highly owned players during the IB this could be an advantage for me.

Planned team is

Patricio - Fabianksi
Robertson - Mendy - TAA - Johnny - AWB
Hazard - Salah - Richarlison - Knockaert - Hojbjerg
Aguero - Wilson - Mitrovic

This is 10 changes in all so making heavy use of the wildcard.

Some notes:

1. This team is mainly setup for the next 6 fixtures, leaning heavily on Liverpool, City and Wolves. I like the overall structure beyond that window, and it should be easy to bring in others later I may want such as Kane, Eriksen, KdB.
2. If it looks like Salah won't play this weekend I can switch to Sterling easily, then bring Salah in if necessary for Cardiff home.
3. Johnny over Doherty to save 0.3, as they seem fundamentally the same for threat, pitch time.
4. Knockaert over Fraser is a close call, just going in this direction to have a differential I think. Fraser's persistent injury makes it easier.
5. Wilson > Arnie in a couple of game weeks. Arnie and Mitrovic I hope are season keepers being the main men on attacking teams with penalty duties thrown in.
6. Fabianski over Hamer in case something happens to Patricio and can cover for Wolves games against the top teams if needed.
7. Bench will be AWB, Hojbjerg plus one from Johnny, Knockaert, Richarlison. Likely whoever has a tough away fixture.

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

Final day wildcard tinkering. I'm really reluctant to lose Alonso despite all logic pointing toward lower priced full backs being just as attacking this year. I could play 5 at the back with 2 cheap mids who will bench warm but play if needed. To do this I need to downgrade Mitrovic to Ings, which seems like a pretty sound move as Ings looks very dangerous this year and has penalties. Southampton aren't as attacking as Fulham, but that's about it for a downside.

Team would look like this

Patricio - Fabianksi
Robertson - Mendy - TAA - Johnny - Alonso
Hazard - Salah - Richarlison - Murphy - Obiang
Aguero - Wilson - Ings

For GW9 I'd go 4-4-2 with TAA as first sub, or 5-3-2 with Murphy S1. Josh Murphy at home to Fulham doesn't seem like a bad shout at all.

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

GW9 review

One interesting aspect of my wildcard squad is that the formation can flex depending on fixtures. I thought I'd structured a team for mainly 5-3-2 but this gw set up in a 4-4-2 (pre-emptively benching TAA) , and the new shape worked fairly well with points coming from wildcard additions Robertson, Mendy, Salah and Josh Murphy.

Patricio
Robertson - Mendy - Jonny - Alonso
Hazard - Salah - Richarlison - Murphy
Aguero - Wilson
(TAA - Ings - Obiang)

GW10 thoughts

I don't usually put so much money on the bench, but given rotation risk with Liverpool and City this seems like a strong risk-mitigation tactic at this stage of the season. When wildcarding I planned to roll a transfer this week, and will do so unless something convinces me that TAA has been permanently dropped in which case I can easily do the sideways move to Joe Gomez for Liverpool's home game against Cardiff. Also have enough funds currently to bring in Arnautovic next week who looked incredible against Spurs and seems to be playing like a 9.0 forward this year.

Jonny was taken off at HT in Wolves surprising defeat, so I'm hoping he doesn't become the fall guy in any desire to freshen things up in the starting 11. Will be keeping an eye on that.

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

GW10 review

Salah (c), Alonso, Wilson, Mendy, Richarlison all scored well giving me a GW score in the mid 70s and a green arrow. Having a deep squad was important as I could absorb Hazard and Robertson missing out through Richardson and Josh Murphy coming in. Murphy was especially unlucky against Liverpool, in one attack he should have been played through from his run on the left and would have been 1v1 had Paterson looked up.

I saved a transfer so have 2 frees, a position I'm not in as often as I would like to be.

I have 0.8 ITB and was planning Wilson > Arnie as I've had my eye on him for a while given his role on West Ham, penalty duties, and their fixtures. Wilson's form and price rises are making me reconsider and try something else however.

Would appreciate some help here as I could go a few ways and am unsure

1. Go Ings > Arnie and fund by downgrading TAA to a 4.5 defender. Probably Balbuena of WHU for fixtures and attacking threat.
2. Ignore Arnie for now, and upgrade TAA to either Laporte or VVD.
3. Do Wilson > Arnie as originally planned.

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Where do you want to take your team over the next period is the question I'd look at in your shoes?

My team has some resemblence to your team. (You have Mendy whereas I have Arnie) But I am looking at something along the lines of
GW11: TAA:arrow: Laporte/Mendy, bank the other transfer
GW12: Aguero and Stephens :arrow: Mane and Ings.

For you it could be

GW11: TAA :arrow: Laporte, bank the other transfer
GW12; Aguero and Richarlison :arrow: Mane and Arnie

So I'd choose 2 in your shoes. Ings GW12 and GW13 looks okay to me, so I'd be inclined to keep him.

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

FranckKessie wrote: 31 Oct 2018, 17:48 Where do you want to take your team over the next period is the question I'd look at in your shoes?

My team has some resemblence to your team. (You have Mendy whereas I have Arnie) But I am looking at something along the lines of
GW11: TAA:arrow: Laporte/Mendy, bank the other transfer
GW12: Aguero and Stephens :arrow: Mane and Ings.

For you it could be

GW11: TAA :arrow: Laporte, bank the other transfer
GW12; Aguero and Richarlison :arrow: Mane and Arnie

So I'd choose 2 in your shoes. Ings GW12 and GW13 looks okay to me, so I'd be inclined to keep him.
I am very reluctant to lose Aguero unless something changes with him, either being rested more frequently, getting injured, or getting into less attacking positions. There's a lot of discontent around him being subbed at the 60-70 min mark, but I don't see this as an issue. He is taking so many shots in those appearances, it's twice as many as just about anyone else in the game. Also on pens. In his last 4 games he's had 12 shots inside the box, 7 on target, but a conversion rate of only 6% which is historically low for him. He's usually around 20%. Those last 4 include away to Liverpool and Spurs so it's a tough run.

I say all this because I've thought a lot about it, but I feel like my team is basically built around Aguero so getting rid of him will be significant and I'd need to restructure somehow.

Back to your initial thought about where I want to take my team in the next few; I only just wildcarded and don't plan on making big changes unless they are forced. The big players are Alonso, Robertson, Mendy, Hazard, Salah, Aguero and I would like to change the low or mid priced options only until GW15 when Spurs players become options.

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

skip wrote: 31 Oct 2018, 19:12 Back to your initial thought about where I want to take my team in the next few; I only just wildcarded and don't plan on making big changes unless they are forced. The big players are Alonso, Robertson, Mendy, Hazard, Salah, Aguero and I would like to change the low or mid priced options only until GW15 when Spurs players become options.
The dilemmas you are in is only because your team is in great shape and within your current structure I understand why you are unsure of next move (I was there last week) . I don't believe there is a best option, so it will be much about your personal preferences as I see it. Keeping flexibility by always having two transfers at hand is something I would look at.
skip wrote: 31 Oct 2018, 19:12 I am very reluctant to lose Aguero unless something changes with him, either being rested more frequently, getting injured, or getting into less attacking positions. There's a lot of discontent around him being subbed at the 60-70 min mark, but I don't see this as an issue. He is taking so many shots in those appearances, it's twice as many as just about anyone else in the game. Also on pens. In his last 4 games he's had 12 shots inside the box, 7 on target, but a conversion rate of only 6% which is historically low for him. He's usually around 20%. Those last 4 include away to Liverpool and Spurs so it's a tough run.

I say all this because I've thought a lot about it, but I feel like my team is basically built around Aguero so getting rid of him will be significant and I'd need to restructure somehow.
My personal reasons for losing Aguero after this gameweek are mainly due the fact that I will not captain him up until GW17 and he performed much better at home than away last year. His minutes I can live with as long as he has enough good home fixtures coming up, because as you say he produces great stats even over 60-70 mins. I haven't looked at his away vs home-performance in the underlying stats for this season though.

A quick look at his xG stats on understat.com shows that all of his away games (they have been much tougher though) has a xG below his overall average per game xG.

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

GW11 preview

Patricio
Alonso - Mendy - Balbeuna
Hazard - Salah - Richarlison - Murphy
Aguero (c) - Arnie - Wilson

(Robertson - Jonny - Obiang - Hamer)

After a lot of indecision I decided getting Arnie was most important, along with removing 2 players who will likely lose value below purchase price in the next days.

TAA > Balbuena
Ings > Arnie

Wilson looking likely to have pens with King out helped the decision to keep him longer. If Trent wasn’t dropping in price I’d have held onto him, it’s just my squad value is lower than most this year and this would have meant losing 0.2 since getting him.

Welcome west ham players, I hope you do well.

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

GW11 reflections:
Felt like things went my way for this one, another strong but not amazing game week score of 79 points. Richarlison and Arnautovic both delivered in the home games where I thought they may, and there will be a few more to come for them in the next 4-5 weeks. I'm still really happy with Aguero and think he's much more dangerous than Sterling for the same price.

GW12 squad

Patricio (ars)
Alonso (EVE), Mendy (MUN), Robertson (FUL), Balbeuna (hud)
Hazard (EVE), Salah C (FUL), Murphy (BHA)
Wilson (new), Aguero (MUN), Arnautovic (hud)

bench: Obiang (hud), Jonny (ars), Richarlison (che), Hamer (doesn't matter)

I'm happy to be able to roll a transfer into the international break. I only have 0.1 in the bank which doesn't leave much flexibility for a single transfer anyway, and there's nothing I can see that will significantly improve the team right now. I'm 0.1 short of Richarlison > Shaqiri which would be a single game punt as I think he'll start against Fulham. Mane would be good for that game too, but it's not worth a -4 and removing players I want in the short term.

Forward Planning players of interest

1. Alvaro Morata, Chelsea
I noticed his increased threat recently, even prior to the 2 goals he scored last week. There is an article about him on statsbomb this week too that talks about his threat combined with lack of defensive involvement and how that contrasts with Giroud.
I'm particularly interested in his GW14 home game against Fulham and may work out a way to get him in.
https://statsbomb.com/2018/11/alvaro-mo ... rfection/

2. Pogba and/or Martial, Man Utd
Utd players haven't been anywhere near my team this year which is nice as a Liverpool fan. I have watched quite a few of their games recently and think that although they don't control games as in previous years they do look dangerous in attack. I'll be watching to see if Lukaku stays out of the team as having a different type of player leading the line could be the spark that starts a flood of goals. Pogba is on penalties and carries the ball forward in most of their attacks when I watch. Martial has been scoring a lot and is very well priced, but doesn't take many shots as far as I can see. Maybe this is because he's more selective about when he shoots, and makes very good decisions.

I also notice they have a home game against Fulham coming up.

3. Mahrez, Man City
In home games his shot quality and volume is higher than Aguero! For a reduced price he is going to be a must have if we see that he regularly plays. This is a big if, but what a great alternative to the prices of Aguero and Sterling for the same level of threat.

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

Made a move yesterday as I thought Mendy would drop. Would have liked some more information from today, so fingers crossed nothing surprising happens.

Mendy > VVD
Jonny > Lindelof

Van Dijk is someone I just really want in my team, and since I couldn't see an obviously better move (Trippier, Laporte, TAA were others considered) I went for my favourite player. This left my 0.1 short of getting in Doherty, so figured a 4.8 Man Utd defender with a bunch of nice fixtures coming up is a good differential.

GW13 squad

Patricio (HUD)
Alonso (tot), Van Dijk (wat), Robertson (wat), Lindelof (CRY),
Hazard (tot), Salah C (wat), Richarlison (CAR)
Wilson (ARS), Aguero (whu), Arnautovic (MCI)

bench: Murphy (eve), Obiang (MCI), Balbeuna (MCI), Hamer (doesn't matter)

Some tough fixtures for Alonso, Hazard and Arnautovic this week, but they are all attacking enough to have some threat.

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

GW13 was very average, 49 points and held my ranking. Feel like I dodged a bullet somehow as my 2 transfers in both scored clean sheets and I called the Salah captain shout correctly. Unfortunately Lindelof is immediately long term injured so I'll need to burn another transfer replacing him.

I'm a bit stuck about what to do now.

All my budget flexibility is tied up in Salah, Aguero and Hazard so to make meaningful changes to bring in Arsenal & Spurs assets over the next 2-3 game weeks I'll need to lose 1 or 2 of them. Looking at my shots & chances created data for the last 6 weeks tells a story. Aguero is still way, way out in front of any other player. Hazard is still supremely creative, and Salah is up there certainly. Since Salah is the most expensive player in the game and Liverpool clearly aren't clicking going forward he probably needs to be the first to go. Is Kane a better bet than Aguero until January given security of starts and Aguero's lack of output in away games? Probably.

My tentative plan then is over GW15-16:

Salah > Sane
Aguero > Kane
Wilson > Lacazette

which brings in the most threatening players from Arsenal and Spurs. I'll lose a lot of team value, so hope I get this right.

I don't need to make any of these changes this week, so can do an enabling transfer that's needed to free up the necessary funds

Lindelof > AWB or Schindler. Probably the former.

Thoughts very much welcomed.

dod
FISOhead
FS Record: I have never won FPL.

Post by dod »

You don't really lose team value unless you'll soon want that player back. You just convert it from TV to SV. You can't spend TV, only SV. The 3 players you mention will all likely drop in price anyway while those you want to bring in will likely rise. Look after your SV not your TV.

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

GW14 review

Transfer was AWB in for Lindelof due to injury. Aguero captain and Hazard vice.

Things were looking pretty awful on Friday and Saturday as I don’t have Doherty or Sterling, plus blanks for Patrício and Murphy. My 5 man defence saved the day with clean sheets from everyone plus Virgil getting an assist to a goal he wasn’t watching because he’d turned around in disgust to run back to his own half. Ended with 61 points and a small green arrow. Feels quite fortunate.

GW15 transfers have been made already, with a small change of plan.

Aguero > Kane
Hazard > Son

If Aguero wasn’t an injury doubt I would have held for another week. Someone had to go to free up funds and I chose Hazard who has 2 tough fixtures coming up and has a good chance of being rested midweek. Salah I’m optimistic will play against a very poor Burnley side.

GW15 team

Patricio (CHE)
Alonso (wol), VVD (bur), Robertson (bur), Balbuena (CAR)
Salah (bur), Son (SOU), Richarlison (NEW)
Kane (SOU), Arnautovic (CAR), Wilson (HUD)
Bench: AWB, Murphy, Obiang
-4 hit taken

Lots of plum fixtures there, and a decent bench if there is rotation midweek.

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

GW15 review, 72 points

This ended up being a good week for my team, due to Son and Kane I think. I had as many no-shows as everyone else did and had 7 points from the bench. Salah and VVD even popped up with assists to keep things ticking over.

My planned Wilson > Aubameyang is now going to be Arnie > Aubameyang. Arnie getting injured is annoying after Mendy, Jonny and Lindelof in the last 2 weeks but this time at least affects everyone else too so I'm not disadvantaged.

Here's my current team:
Patricio - Hamer
VVD - Alonso - Robertson - Balbuena - AWB
Salah - Son - Richarlison - Murphy - Obiang
Wilson - Arnautovic - Kane

I need to free up 2 million in order to make this move, and am having second thoughts on how to do this. Best options seem to be:

1. Salah > Sane. This was my initial plan but Salah has had his rest, Sane will get rested a fair amount and has Chelsea away next up. Doesn't seem smart.
2. Salah > Eriksen. Now Eriksen is fit again he is probably nailed, so this would be tripling up on attacking players for Spurs great fixture run. Trippier being a doubt makes him more attractive.
3. Alonso > Kolasinac. This is the way to keep Salah for now, and get one of Arsenal's most attacking players for their next 4-6 games. I think he'll play most of them.
4. Get Lacazette instead of Aubameyang. I've heard their stats are very similar but Aubameyang just seems so much better?

Any ideas?

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

GW16 preview

Transfers had to be done yesterday as Aubameyang went up again. I went with my gut and did Alonso > Kolasinac instead of removing Salah. I can handle the question marks over Kolasinac's wing back role but the upside is high for the next 4-6 games if he plays. Maybe Arsenal will keep a clean sheet too.

Didn't think I would play Wilson at home to Liverpool, but given his record it seems I should and leave Balbeuna as S1. Likely won't matter given someone is bound to get rested.

Patricio
Robertson Van-Dijk Kolasinac
Salah Son Richarlison Murphy
Kane Aubameyang (c) Wilson

Balbuena Wan-Bissaka Obiang

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

GW16 was a very good one, 85 points without captaining Salah or having Doherty. I think having no City players in the week they blanked combined with having Salah, Son and double Liverpool defence, made everything go my way.

After 4 transfers the last 2 weeks I'm left with no money in the bank and no moves jumping out at me. I'd like to have Sane or Anderson, but can't see that happening with my current structure. My heavy hitters are Salah, Kane and Aubameyang and all should stay a while unless something bad happens.

One of Murphy or Obiang need to get upgraded soon, but the cheapest decent players I'd want are Pedro at 6.3 or Anderson at 7.4.

I also thought about Balbuena > Lowe, may take a closer look at this one.

GW17 team

Patricio
Kolasinac Virgil Robertson Wan-Bissaka
Son Salah V Richarlison
Kane C Aubameyang Wilson
(Murphy Balbuena Obiang)

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

I'm on a 3 week winter European vacation with family right now, nice to be back in a timezone where the games are at the proper time.

GW17 was rough for me, doubling my rank, but all that and more was made up for in my best Gameweek of the season GW18. 104 points (-4) as my 3 Liverpool players took off alongside Aubameyang captain, Son, Martial and Rashford.

I even transferred Kane out, along with Kolasinac who I suspected wouldn't play and Obiang for Rashford, Martial and Alonso in. That lost me immediate points but I'm happy with the reshaping of my team to spread the funds around midfield more.

GW19 squad

Patricio Hamer
Alonso Virgil Robertson Wan-Bissaka Balbuena
Salah Son Martial Richarlison Murphy
Aubameyang Rashford Wilson

0.6 ITB if needed. If everyone plays I'm in good shape, but I think some/all of Robertson, Aubameyang and Richarlison may be rotated meaning the bench comes into play. Balbuena and Murphy are the 2 players I'd like to upgrade, will have a think about who to look at. I thought it would be Balbuena > Digne before Everton just shipped 6 goals at home.

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

Balbuena to a defender for 5.0 or less.

Lots of choices:

Digne
Shaw
Lindelof
Kolasinac

Or hold and save an FT?

I’m leaning towards Digne but can’t see a clear winner here.

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Big congrats on the fantastic gameweek and your great overall rank!

Identifying your structure going forward is what I would prioritise first. Depending on that answer I'd either bank or spend your transfer on one from the list you provided, Shaw/Digne my preference I think. Using the transfer would push you towards a 4-4-2 structure, as I doubt any of your mids are about to leave. This would probably mean Wilson out in the near future and where do would you plan to use those funds? To upgrade Son to Hazard/Sane perhaps in a couple of GWs or add an extra mid?

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

FranckKessie wrote: 25 Dec 2018, 19:52 Big congrats on the fantastic gameweek and your great overall rank!

Identifying your structure going forward is what I would prioritise first. Depending on that answer I'd either bank or spend your transfer on one from the list you provided, Shaw/Digne my preference I think. Using the transfer would push you towards a 4-4-2 structure, as I doubt any of your mids are about to leave. This would probably mean Wilson out in the near future and where do would you plan to use those funds? To upgrade Son to Hazard/Sane perhaps in a couple of GWs or add an extra mid?
Pretty much as you have called it. It seems sensible to have a strong bench over this period then go back to a cheap forward or mid in January. Wilson to Ings or even cheaper is one route into this. Son to Hazard is my ideal transfer in 2-4 weeks, but Sané or a different Spurs midfielder could be targets.

I don’t think about structure too much, just how many playable players I have. I usually aim for 12, but feel there are some really affordable players this year so it’s viable to have greater flexibility.

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

GW20 preview

Patricio
Alonso Virgil Robertson Digne
Salah (c) Son Martial Richarlison
Rashford Aubameyang
Bench: Wan-Bissaka Wilson Murphy

Although Salah, Son and Liverpool defenders have seen my have some strong gameweeks I’m slightly frustrated that I had the chance to get Pogba and Digne ahead of their big gameweeks but went for other options.

I did the same thing with Doherty early in the season and am now priced out of him, so I acted quickly to transfer Shaw > Digne. It’s a knee jerk reaction to seeing a player on my watchlist haul, but I can’t wait for his price to hit 5.5 when I want him for the next 6 matches.

If Liverpool beat Arsenal handily it will be a good Gameweek for me, otherwise probably not. Would also really like to see something from Martial and Rashford as I was on them relatively early but Pogba has hoovered up all the goals and assists so far.

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

GW20-21 review

61 and 67 points respectively, not amazing but certainly moving in the right direction. My recent transfers have not paid off immediately, but seem to be working out some weeks later as different players are scoring well for me.

I went Salah > Hazard last week which did t work out either, but I know what Hazard is like and he tends to score well unexpectedly. I’m happy with his next few games so it’s ok having him. Not having Salah was desirable for the City game but not for much longer. Liverpool are up against some defensive teams in the next few (Brighton, Palace, Leicester) so those games should be low scoring but it’s Salah and you never know.

My team currently has only 2 premiums and a very strong bench. I’m currently benching Wilson, Rashford and Murphy for GW22; all of whom I’d be happy to start. This probably means I should downgrade 1-2 players to fodder now the fixture congestion is over.

I also need to work out what to do with Son. I could keep him benched as he only misses 3 games I think. Or I could get Salah back by downgrading say Aubameyang > Arnie, or similar. Or I could get a 9.X mid like Eriksen, Sané. Seems like there are a few different directions to go now, and it’s not clear which is best.

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

The double GW25 is annoying for me as my squad is really well setup for the single fixtures but I don’t have any Man City. I was hoping that it would fall later in the season, or that at least Chelsea would be included so I could triple captain Hazard. As it is there will be a fire sale on Hazard who I want to hold for Bournemouth and Huddersfield, then remove for Son in GW26.

The problem with bringing in City players for the double is that we need to get rid of them almost immediately as they blank in GW27, with a tough fixture in 26 thrown in.

Trying to keep hits minimal but still take advantage of the double GW25 I could do:

Hamer > Ederson
Aubameyang > Aguero
Wilson > 4.X fodder

Ederson is appealing because he does not need to be transferred out afterwards, and Auba > Aguero will be a very popular HOHO for 1 week. Wilson seems to be struggling with injuries so he could be sacrificed.

Or I could not bring in any City, that wouldn’t be too bad. Far less fun though.

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

GW24 preview

Patricio
van Dijk - Kolasinac - Digne
Salah - Hazard - Pogba - Richarlison
Aubameyang c - Rashford - Wilson
(Bednarek - van Aanholt - Murphy)

Given the uncertainty on how long TAA will be our for I’ve gone and transferred Kolasinac in for him. Kola has really strong fixtures in 4 of the next 5, including GW27 crucially, and I can easily bench him next week away to City.

I’d happily Captain any of Salah, Auba, Hazard and Pogba this week so spoilt for choice. I’ve ended up on Aubamenyang as he tends to score well in easy home games, and this one is on paper as easy as it gets.

Good luck all!

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

skip wrote: 27 Jan 2019, 14:42 The double GW25 is annoying for me as my squad is really well setup for the single fixtures but I don’t have any Man City. I was hoping that it would fall later in the season, or that at least Chelsea would be included so I could triple captain Hazard. As it is there will be a fire sale on Hazard who I want to hold for Bournemouth and Huddersfield, then remove for Son in GW26.

The problem with bringing in City players for the double is that we need to get rid of them almost immediately as they blank in GW27, with a tough fixture in 26 thrown in.

Trying to keep hits minimal but still take advantage of the double GW25 I could do:

Hamer > Ederson
Aubameyang > Aguero
Wilson > 4.X fodder

Ederson is appealing because he does not need to be transferred out afterwards, and Auba > Aguero will be a very popular HOHO for 1 week. Wilson seems to be struggling with injuries so he could be sacrificed.

Or I could not bring in any City, that wouldn’t be too bad. Far less fun though.
or Salah to Sterling for GW25, reversing it the following week?

Your position overall is so good (well done) and you seem happy with your set up, so is a FH in GW25 viable? Or are you desperate to save it?

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

Good question on using the free hit in GW25, and a really easy answer after some thought.

I have 2 players from Everton already, and could easily get 1-2 from City for a -4 at most. The free hit would get up to 6 doublers, but it’s questionable whether there are 6 players from either team who will score more than other popular players such as Salah, Hazard, Pogba, Rashford, Son, etc in their single game.

Added to that, I’m not sure who from City will actually play both games. Ederson certainly, but I think there’s more chance of Aguero, Sane and Sterling only playing 1 game given they will surely all start against Chelsea 4 days later.

Using the free hit in GW32 or 33 looks like a much better opportunity to me.

This is making me rethink using transfers on City players next week.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Agree. This double doesn't look that great to me.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”