To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RMT - Owsler

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Owsler
Dumbledore

RMT - Owsler

Post by Owsler »

Doing my very best to avoid taking a hit this week which means overlooking any Man City attacking assets. Not gone 4 at the back before so quite interested to see how it pans out.

Adrian (NEW)
Ogbonna (NEW), Alonso (EVE), Otamendi (BOU), Jones (LEI)
Richarlison (BHA), Hazard (EVE), Salah VC (ARS), Lingard (LEI), Loftus-Cheek (SWA)
Kane C (BUR)

Subs: Pope (TOT), Calvert-Lewin (CHE), Zanka (SOU), Morata (EVE)

Thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Re: RMT - Owsler

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Mainly depends on how much you trust Kane. I've transferred him out despite owning Morata as well :lol:

I think you should consider making two transfers (hope that means a -4). Lingard/RLC, Morata :arrow: City mid, ST perhaps? Or get Kun in for one of the two upfront.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

I did have 2 transfers and used them for my defence. In hindsight should have saved one, but there we go.

I do wonder if Pep needs such a strong squad against Bournemouth and avoiding City could pay off. RLC is certainly a weak point and he and Morata out could help strengthen the squad, certainly.

Edit.

Thinking about it, I could do:

Morata --> Quaner/Depoitre
RLC --> KDB

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

I was in same situation. Used two transfers quick and then kind of regretting not having City Mid. So I took a hit and did Hazard :arrow: Sterling. My reasons for this were
1. Sterling and other city Mids are stand out (C) this week.
2. I most likely wouldnt (C) Hazard any week soon.
3. Fear Hazard will miss one of the upcoming home fixtures.
4. Sterling I reckon to be better value than Hazard long term
5. Fear having no City Mid is more risk than not having Hazard. I only base this on overall ownership. Dont have more detailleddet info.

Thats my take but you may view things differently. With Morata on your book Id be even more tempted to switch Hazard out :)

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

I suppose the question is, would you rather have Hazard or Morata moving forward?

I could stick with 4-5-1 for the foreseeable and have a midfield/forward line(s):

Hazard, KDB, Salah, Richarlison, Lingard
Kane

It's really hurting me to lose Hazard (I prefer him x100 over Morata), but at just a -4 to get in arguably the best Man City player (KDB) it seems the best option.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Two great weeks on the trot and for the first time in 3 seasons I've not given much thought to using my second Wildcard (usually done and dusted fairly early).

Current line-up is:

Adrian (BOU)
Alonso (BHA), Jones (BUR), Otamendi (NEW)
Arnautovic (BOU), Salah (SWA), Richarlison (LEI), Son (SOU), Lingard (BUR)
Kane (SOU), Aguero (NEW)

Subs; Pope (MUN), Zanka (STK), Calvert-Lewin (WBA), Martina (WBA)

2 transfers and looking at Richarlison and DCL as obvious candidates to go. Like Richarlison as a player, but Watford look despondent as hell.

Not owning Firmino worries me. Do we think there's a chance he'll get benched for Swansea?

Any suggestions?

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Ok, I've made a draft for my 2nd WC (defence is barely changed). Anyone think it's silly keeping Mkhitaryan? Looking for any differentials:

Foster, Pope
Bauer, Chilwell, Martina, Davies, van Dijk
Pritchard, Siggy, Mkhitaryan, Eriksen, Salah
Kane, Firmino, Deeney

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Arsenal are flat track bullies these days so I'd still expect reasonable returns from mkhi given arsenals run. Team looks good. I'd be wary of heaton returnibg and possibly taking popes spot in a few weeks and probably Martina's spot too with baines not far off

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

No Way Jose wrote: 02 Mar 2018, 21:04 Arsenal are flat track bullies these days so I'd still expect reasonable returns from mkhi given arsenals run. Team looks good. I'd be wary of heaton returnibg and possibly taking popes spot in a few weeks and probably Martina's spot too with baines not far off

Cheers. You share Jockki's opinion on those two. Think I wanted to keep Martina because of his surprise assists and the game in 31, but forgot about Baines.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

No worries. One to monitor anyway. After replying to you I saw jocki's post in a different thread and I agree lowton and pickford is probably the superior or at least safer pairing

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Here's my team for this week:

Pickford (BHA)
Lowton (WHU), Davies (BOU), Chilwell (WBA)
Mkhitaryan (WAT), Mane (MUN), Salah (MUN), Eriksen (BOU), Pritchard (SWA)
Kane (BOU) (C), Firmino (MUN)

Subs: Foster (LEI), Deeney (ARS), Ake (TOT), Bauer (MCI)

Feel I have to play Pritchard as if he is fit I'd expect a goal from him. Can't split the Liverpool players so playing all 3.

Really not sure I should bench Deeney, but hoping Mkhitaryan has another 3 assist game in him.

Thoughts?

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

First draft for 2018/19. Hoping Willian leaves Chelsea. Nothing groundbreaking
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Looks pretty good to me. You could probably argue one or two picks but (willian dependent) everyone looks solid enough.

You are a little light on subs, I'd be happier to write off the third striker in a 4 man defence, but short term (i.e. to the wildcard) or if a 4.5 striker emerges you should be fine.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Looking Good as a starting point. We will get a better understanding closer to the deadline for the final tweeks. It will be interesting who Chelsea buy and sell. I am hoping they have FPL value this season.
There was talk in the budget defender thread that Saiss may miss out on a starting place due to impending transfers, and I personally would spend more in defence.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Cheers. My bench is pretty mediocre I'll admit.

Little change with this variation (though I do have 1mil in the bank to play with)

Foster (Speroni)
Robertson, Mendy, PVA (Wan-Bissaka, Saiss)
Richarlison, Deulofeu, Pedro, Salah, Sanchez
Auba, Arnautovic (Kamara)

Could do with a better 4.0 GK option.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

And another draft. Like this and think Iwobi might be a good bench pick:

Patricio (Hamer)
Mendy, Robertson, PVA (Saiss, Wan-Bissaka)
Salah, Sanchez, Pedro, Neves (Iwobi)
Aguero, Arnautovic, Zaha

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Would appreciate some thoughts on this. I'll kick myself if B Silva does the business this weekend, but feel safer with Mahrez.

Line-up if you can't see the attachment:

Pickford (Stekelenburg)
Mendy, TAA, PVA (Peltier, Wan-Bissaka)
Salah, Mane, Mahrez, Gudmundsson (Hudson-Odoi)
Aguero, Benteke, Tosun

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

I like the Gudmundsson pick.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Thoughts?

Button (Nyland)
TAA, Robertson, Saliba (Walker-Peters, Mitchell)
Rodriguez, Havertz, Auba, Son (Saint-Maximin)
Wilson, Werner, Batshuyai

johnF
Grumpy Old Man

Post by johnF »

Are you confident that Button will be first choice keeper at WBA? I know people don't like to overspend on keepers but two 4.0s is taking it a bit far IMO.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

johnF wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 15:32 Are you confident that Button will be first choice keeper at WBA? I know people don't like to overspend on keepers but two 4.0s is taking it a bit far IMO.
Yeah, just realised I must have put those 2 in quite early on with the intention of upgrading one. Will need to rethink other parts of the team as I think I'm right on 100. Not entirely sure I need to double-up on Liverpool defenders tbh.

Jamtart
Treebeard
FS Record: Hopefully improving...

Post by Jamtart »

Certainly different from the template I've seen built up in people's teams. But I just feel it's a bit punt heavy. Wilson, James and Bats could all do well but I'd not be confident going with them all from the start. I just feel like for a team that doesn't have Salah, I'd expect a bit more firepower

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Jamtart wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 15:52 Certainly different from the template I've seen built up in people's teams. But I just feel it's a bit punt heavy. Wilson, James and Bats could all do well but I'd not be confident going with them all from the start. I just feel like for a team that doesn't have Salah, I'd expect a bit more firepower
Yeah, you're right. Part of me likes it for the excitement, but don't want to inflict my misery on the Rounded Keeper thread if a few don't start. I think Bats is a starter though, no? Or is it a lack of fitness.

Another draft I'm playing about with (so I can possibly bring in Martial for Ings later):

McCarthy (Button)
TAA, Doherty, Saliba (Dallas, Walker-Peters)
Auba, Havertz, Son, Soucek (Burke)
Wilson, Werner, Ings

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Dusting this one off as I've got a couple of drafts that I'm thinking about.

YES FERNANDES (3 up front)

Sanchez (Begovic)
Shaw, Veltman, TAA (White, Tsimikas)
Salah (C), Fernandes, Barnes, Buendia (Gilmour)
Wilson, Ings, Antonio

VS

NADA FERNANDES (premium goalkeeper and Jota)

Martinez (Begovic)
Coufal, TAA, Shaw (Veltman, Ayling)
Son, Greenwood, Barnes, Salah (C), Buendia
Ings, Antonio (Perica)

Thoughts?

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Left it late as usual. Here's my current draft:

Pickford (Turner)
Estupinan, Shaw, Gabriel, Chilwell
Maddison, Fernandes, Saka, Odegaard (Diaby)
Jackson, Haaland (Mubama)

Anyone tempted by Colwill?

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

yea i am but then there Gusto if james is out injured so waiting to see how and if he plays tomorrow

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”