To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RMT Onz

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

RMT Onz

Post by Oxford NZ »

I have lost 200k in OR over the last couple of GW's and now feel that I am a bit lost.
Second season playing and I was doing better this season but only managing average most game weeks.
In summary I know that I am top heavy in expensive defenders but I hoped to develop a good squad that way by picking up form mids and forwards.
I lost a lot of team value in the early weeks with poor transfers to correct my average team. Too slow to react to price changes and too conservative with wanting to take hits.
I am happy with the goal keeper set up I ran with Fabianski and Foster and now Foster is gone for Pickford until 2nd WC when DDG is penciled in for the remainder of the season with a cheap back up.
Mids I will probably look at Hazard if Chelsea can settle down. Re Chelsea, Kante is my supper sub $5m, first on the bench. He always plays when fit and picks up bonus point and CS points. he has all ready scored his goal for the season so I am not expecting any more. I have Morata and Azpi atm Morata will make way for Ibrahimovic may be and allow me a Chelsea defender (tbc) plus Hazard and sub Kante. Kane will stay up front as forward 1, Wood will probably have to go at wild card but atm he is not worth a transfer out.
At the back Kola will stay on I think, Walker may go for another City (tbc) and i would like a spurs defender.
I don't want much but a sub 100k finish would do me this season, sitting at 376k atm and I think that is realistically about my skill level. I am starting to watch more EPL now the Eliteserien is finished but that will start again soon.
Any comments greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Oxford NZ on 19 Jul 2022, 05:16, edited 4 times in total.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Re: RMT Oxford NZ

Post by No Way Jose »

Don't pick up ibra. I honestly can't imagine a situation where he provides value for money

I would drop Daniels for someone cheap to raise some funds. From ogbonna, mariappa, masuaku, holgate etc

Any money in the bank to add to that. Looking at your team I'd probably be looking at 2-3 trades this week to right the wrongs and have your squad settled for the Christmas period

There is too much value for money in midfield for you to have kante. He needs to go

For the way this season is going 9.3 in GKs is a lot if one isn't named de gea

I think while your strikers are good players you need to decide on a formation and possibly drop one of them to raise money to improve the rest of your squad. Then essentially question if whoever you are bringing in is value for money. A few of the players I'm questioning aren't value for money or the combination sometimes isn't value for money if that makes sense

To summise a little. A few areas to downgrades i.e. Walker to otamendi, azpi to Christensen, Daniels to cheapy, morata to crouch etc to facilitate kante to Silva, Pogba, sane etc or even the likes of shaqiri, richarlison if he's fit

Hope some of that helps mate!

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

Agree with most of the above.

Kante is a 3 point per gameweek player. That is a bit of a waste of space in your team. You can perhaps get a 4.5 mid and upgrade Clarke to Jones (MUN), for example, who is perhaps a 4 point per gameweek player.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Many thanks guys. Nothing in the bank at the moment so will be looking to raise funds by loosing Kante, Walker, Daniels and Morata

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Cruel to be kind :lol: :lol: :lol:

Daniels fixtures are now 5HITE
The Toon Defence is erm, 5HITE if you want CS's.
RLC has stunk lately FF wise
so you don't really have a bench in the Festive Sardine of a Fixture List, s Pickford has to start each GW?

Kante is SHITE for FF, unless you get points for tackles :wink:
Otamendi is >> than Walker (see Ruth's RMT)

I prefer DCL to Wood, as I don't see Burnley starting to score loads.
The rest is OK 8-) if Kola and Morata start again from this GW :lol:

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Daniels and Clark on the bench and set for the axe after the deadline. Hopefully I will get in before Daniels price change.
RLC also on the bench atm and will deal to him later. probably for the DGW with a Spurs or Ham
Azpi can wait a GW or so unless I need funds.
Kante, Walker and Morata gone :arrow: Salah, DCL and Jones. -8 so far.
Many thanks to those that have assisted here. Very much appreciated. I may pick some of the right players but not necessarily in the right order. :oops: :-)

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Oxford NZ wrote: 15 Dec 2017, 02:01 I pick some of the right players but not necessarily at thew right time.
Waa Haaaaaaay Heeeeeeeeeeeey

Corrected :lol:

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

blahblah wrote: 15 Dec 2017, 04:17
Oxford NZ wrote: 15 Dec 2017, 02:01 I play all of the right notes but not necessarily in the right order.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zHBN45fbo8

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

25 (-8) with a Kola no show so 5 to play plus one off the bench for Kola. Shame I am 3-4-3 so I will get Daniels in at B2 and RLC's point at B1 stay on the bench.
Captain Salah to come, Wood vc not so inspiring.

This weeks transfers all ready done to avoid any price changes.
Azpi and Gross :arrow: Christensen and Pogba. (-4 so far) 0.1 itb

This gives me

Fabianski (Pickford)
Jones Kola Christensen (Daniels Clark) the two on the bench will be next GW's transfers.
Pogba Sterling Coutinho (vc) Salah RLC
Kane (c) DCL (Wood)
I will change the C band 6 times before the dead line ( and then wish I could change it again just after :oops: )

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

64 (-8) all out game week 18 and half way through the season. Red arrow again this week :oops: Total points 962, OR 400k still in the cup and up to second in the FISO H2H conference :)
Picked the wrong keeper again. Fabianski on the bench with 9 points even after Rooney and DCL scored against him.
Kola was my only missing starter so Daniels 0 came off the bench.
Sterling and Coutinho were the pick of the bunch with Salah (c), DCL and Azpi pulling their weight.
The new squad for 19 is listed above as I did the transfers on Saturday night, transfer out for GW20 will be Daniels and will have to see how many more injuries occur before deciding on any further hits.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Daniels would have been wort another Hit :wink:

64 (-4) to 928 points was a Green Arrow from 960k to 863k, if you're interested.

Probably more Hits for my lot this GW :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

blahblah wrote: 19 Dec 2017, 07:36 Daniels would have been wort another Hit :wink:

64 (-4) to 928 points was a Green Arrow from 960k to 863k, if you're interested.

Probably more Hits for my lot this GW :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes I agree re thee Daniels hit. I planned a -12 but the cup and the conference H2H got in the way. I wish I had been knocked out of the cup because it will have a detrimental effect on my squad if I am not careful.
I watch your impressive rise with keen interest, we are both in the same FISO H2H league and I expect you to overtake me shortly. You will do much better than me in the long term, the blanks and DGW's will drop me down the tables due to my lack of experience and style of play
Thanks for taking 3 points off Spotty this week btw. :)
I expect a close game if not a defeat to Sutton's Superstars coming up, Good luck against TI of M :)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

At least a 4 point hit this GW, I think.

I'm trying to sort them out so the 2nd WC can be held back for as long as possible ie the Hits are supposed to be long term, but some are cash\punts and I will have a short fuse - Diouf was supposed to score against WHam, but Stoke are actually 5hite :roll:

Otamendi (or similar) in for Kola is a definite;
I want Pogba*, but both Gross and Richarlison have easy matches - against each other :lol: :lol: :lol: so I am not sure which to sell;
the Stoke numpty up top can be booted

The point is to ave 14\15 who I would play to try and cope with any rotation etc. This makes Xmas and January not to painful, and I tend to go more with Fixtures than Form eg Huddersfield - so Schlupp is close to the bot too. Admittedly the trick is to assess the Fixtures\Form correctly ie Everton and Huddersfield as opposed to Stoke :evil: :evil: :evil:

I swerved a Hit for Silva as Citeh were playing Spurs, which I thought may be a tad tricky... Pogba is cheaper and has a better PpM, I think.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Blah. I should have done this last GW in hindsight. Daniels to Ogbonna would have been a +2 on last weeks score -4 for the hit and 6 points scored by Ogbonna. Not sure on his future and WHU's fortunes but hey ho.
Daniels now has to go for a -4 and a WHU 4.5 defender in his place. Total his cost this GW -8 again.
Clark can stay on the bench at B3 and the new signing can join him at B1, Wood at B2.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Have a look at Huddersfield's fixtures :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I'm getting soft in old age :lol:

SOU A
STK H
BUR H
LEI A
WHU H
STK A
LIV H
MAN A

BOU H
WBA A
TOT A
SWA H
CPL H
NEW A
BHA A
WAT H
CHE A
EVE H
MCY A
ARS H

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

blahblah wrote: 20 Dec 2017, 09:07 I'm getting soft in old age :lol:
Cheers. I will be doing Clark to Huddersfield soon. The Christmas spirit (lagavulin ) is working wonders with my hit tolerance :roll: :oops: :) hic.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Check mine out: they can work - and I'm restructuring :? :? :? :?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I'm quite tempted by the Brighton fit:
WAT H
CHE A
NEW A
BOU H
WBA A
CHE H
SOU A
WHU H
STK A
SWA H
ARS H

Until that GW29 North London Double

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

blahblah wrote: 20 Dec 2017, 09:04 Have a look at Huddersfield's fixtures :wink:

I just brought Zanka in actually. Huddersfield's recent defensive numbers aren't at all bad either as it happens. :idea:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

The real point is the Fixtures which are about to repeat the start of the season when they were too?

Also the reverse is better,imho, so I'm expecting enough CS's and Schindler GO's and attacking points.

When not on phone and have time I will check the Brighton fit, but I'm not so convinced about their defence....

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Banked some cash from Daniels to Ogbonna to total another -8 this week. I went that way despite his blank and the great Huddersfield and Brighton fixtures.
Clark to MJZ is a straight swop cash wise or Schindler is +0.1 0.5 itb at the moment.
The January transfer window is looming and I want to bank two FT for when it closes. Hopefully no more hits for a couple of weeks and get the squad ticking away before then.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

End of Jan is GW's away :lol: :lol: :lol:

You might like this: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=126692 :wink:

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Ready for the GW to start. :shock:
-8 in hits :oops: , 4-5-1 formation with
Fabianski ( Pickford)
Jones - Christensen - Kola - Ogbonna (B3 Clark)
Pogba (c) - Sterling - Salah - Coutinho - RLC
Kane (vc) (B1 DCL - B2 Wood)
Still not sure on Captain.
Good luck all. :)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Pondering another 12 here :lol:

Why Capt Pogba?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

blahblah wrote: 22 Dec 2017, 08:03
Why Capt Pogba?
I have changed captain twice a day and 4 times today. :oops:
Pogba is as nailed as it gets after his inforced rest. A goal and an assist is what I guess he could deliver.
ATM on Coutinho but have change between Pogba, Sterling, Salah and Coutinho.
Good luck with the transfers. :shock:

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Kola not starting so now have Wood on with a 3-5-2 formation.
Missed the deadline for transfers or would have done Kola for a -12.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I managed to just take an 8 :lol:

Held off Lola for the GW as another drop won't hurt the SV.

I think Kola and Richarlison are the two left for my phased WC. Hopefully these hits mean that's can hold the second one until GW35 when Hudd's fixtures turn.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

I think your squad is looking good for that run to GW35 with the usual FT tweeks along the way.
I am thinking Kola to Otamendi and Clark to Zanka or Shindler. Looks like I will just be running with Kane and Ogbonna for the double but I may be tempted by Arnautovic

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

From memory Schindler gets more attacking\bonus points.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”