To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RMT Onz

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: RMT Oxford NZ

Post by blahblah »

No Way Jose wrote: 09 Jan 2018, 20:43 I can still see sterling starting personally. Big game and he's established himself as a certain starter. That and he got a rest last week
Yep, and definitely not worth benching, imho.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Oxford NZ wrote: 09 Jan 2018, 19:53
It never was never going to be a good team this week with the fixtures so hoping to tread water until next week.
+100k drop in OR down to 305k so far. It was expected so not too much of a blow. 21 so far with Firmino, Aguero, Lingard (c), Jones ,Otamendi to go.
Vertonghen to Alonso done as planned. I could have waited another week and got Salah or kane back..
GW24 team so far

Adrian (Pickford)
Alonso, Jones, Otamendi, Ogbonna (Schindler)
Lingard, Stirling, Eriksen, Albrighton (Grosb)
Aguero (c). Firmino (vc)( Depoitre)

-4 Eriksen to Salah ? 1.5 itb

konstro
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL- 3057 in 17/18

Post by konstro »

Lingaard as (C) and Aguero are a bit of a differential so you can claw it back even this GW if they deliver. The other 3 should give you protection to keep your OR.

Salah at Swansea is a frightening thought if you don`t own him but I would take at least one more day to think about it. See how Salah is in tonight's game. He will go up tomorrow probably. Somehow I don`t think that this time this process will be slowed down as it was when people were selling him in droves.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

GW24 revised

Adrian (Pickford)
Lingard, Stirling, Salah, Albrighton (Grosb)
Aguero (c). Firmino (vc)( Depoitre)

-4 Eriksen to Salah done

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Regretting losing Eriksen all ready.
Note to self don't knee jerk without thinking about blank game weeks and who has a good fixture.

This week has been interesting. The good news is team value has increased again.
The bad news is I am sitting at about the same OR as GW 9 with only a few greens to stimulate the interest.
Team is as above with No Kane . The only players I would change are the bench and that does not get me to Kane easily. Aguero to Kane in a few weeks makes sense so the hit for GW24 should be the last transfer for a while. I should just turn off FPL for two weeks and forget it.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Team looks good mate. The greens will come. You are coming to the edge of a period where you had to do a lot of surgery and now my advice would be to be more settled and take less hits. I've noticed already in my first season that I do better when I don't chase points and just keep planning a few weeks in advance. Players who didn't score well this week are likely to next week if they are good players. if they have blanked a few weeks in a row and your judgement says they are playing well and have been unlucky, then keep them

for example de bruyne early on in the season, or even lingard now. he didn't score today and that's a bummer, but he could easily have had 3 assists.Your team is similar to mine with a number of shared players and too many GW28 risks. i'd save TFs when you can and plan for aguero out in GW28 as a start. decide who you can lose and can't lose. eg for me I can't lose sterling as I bought him at 7.9, but if I have to I can lose lingard and sacrifice .1 or .2 for having a playing player that week

if you come up with a rough plan from now until GW28 PM it to me or post it in here and we can chat it out. I always hit up a few people on here for advice because I get tunnel vision, and always think my own ideas are good when they only sometimes are. Oh and have fun. I've purposefully picked players who are fun to have in my team like aguero, salah, alonso etc. I'm very competitive but have chastised myself for letting FPL tamper my enjoyment of games. I am a united tragic but was fuming during our 3-0 this morning due to (C) lingard letting me down

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

That’s a solid 1st 10.5
The one (double) change that I’d suggest is low priority. Build up your two transfers and then ask again, it’s not worth a -8

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

I'd also consider turning gross into a carroll/millivojevic etc and then albrighton into an arnautovic or Ramsey potentially

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

No Way Jose wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 09:48 I'd also consider turning gross into a carroll/millivojevic etc and then albrighton into an arnautovic or Ramsey potentially
Not yet, and not necessarily those two, but that’s the area to look at

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 09:52
No Way Jose wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 09:48 I'd also consider turning gross into a carroll/millivojevic etc and then albrighton into an arnautovic or Ramsey potentially
Not yet, and not necessarily those two, but that’s the area to look at
Yeah exactly. Not for a hit if that wasn't clear. And the a y or an x was the premise moreso

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Thanks for the advice above. ^^ NWJ and SP
The no Kane situation is a concern so rolling transfers this week I think is the best option and look at the blank GW coming up.
Maybe looking at down grading Gross for a cheap bench player and upgrading Albrighton but that all depends on who blanks and both of those are likely to play GW28

GW25 team so far
Adrian or Pickford TBC at present Adrian.
Lingard, Stirling, Salah (c), Grosb, (Albrighton)
Aguero (vc). Firmino , ( Depoitre)

Overlord is telling me to bench Lingard at 3 and do Ogbonna to Ward but I think I will pass on that.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Chelsea, United and City coming back into contention for having fixtures in the non blank gw change things slightly. The proposed roll of the FT may become a -8
GW25 team so far
? Adrian or Pickford TBC at present Adrian.
Lingard, Stirling, Salah (c), Grosb, (Albrighton)
Aguero (vc). Firmino , ( Depoitre)

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Why\who the -8?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Lingard, Gross, Albrighton to Mahrez, milivojevic 4.5 maybe
Lingard and Albrighton are so cheap it is hard to replace them with better so a triple change would do it.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I doubt the latter are better than the former tbh, as you are relying on a CP pen for Mili to get points?

I'm looking to up grade Schindler to Shaw\Moses, and would be better use of a Gross downgrade? Why did I band Sterling? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Stirling was a good differential pick, on another day it would have paid off (similar to my Lingard captain fail before).
I definitely want Mahrez over Lingard, Gross who are not performing. Gross has a bit of value still and Albrighton was a punt that floated well but now is in deep water with a short stick.
Schindler can stay on the bench for a while in my team. so running with 442 and a playing 2 points a player bench.
Moses and Shaw are not guaranteed 60 minutes I prefer Moses over Shaw though.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Thanks re Shaw, I assumed he played vs Burnley, but nope :roll: :roll: :roll:

I can't say that I am that big on either tbh, but have a load of cash to spunk, but can't get to Vardy\Firmino....

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

blahblah wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 10:23
I can't say that I am that big on either tbh, but have a load of cash to spunk, but can't get to Vardy\Firmino....
DCL and Arnie to Firmino and 6.3 but I cant find a good 6.3 :roll:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

How much is Gross? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd probably go 4.5 and Schindler to Moses for that idea?

The problem is that I will want Arnie back when fit......

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

I have poor team value and only 0.6 in the bank. I would love to ditch Gross atm.
Your 3.1 itb is great.
I am really tempted no to roll and loose some OR if Lingard, Gross blank again. Must get some sleep. Working 6am to 7pm today with a big concrete pour and now nearly midnight and I am kidding myself that the paper work will get done while I am worried about FPL.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

:lol: :lol: :lol: it won't, but you have until Tuesday.......

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

I would like to change the squad and formation to include Sanchez , Man of the match (admittedly against a lower division Yeovil) looked like an eleven point haul and he only played 72 minutes. Only 3.2% ownership but looking like he is heading towards a price rise before the next deadline and maybe a large increase in ownership from those with better budgets than me.
Bournemouth fixtures look OK for a few weeks after the Chelsea match. Gross to Fraser puts 0.7itb but does not help get Sanchez.
Sanchez At 11.7 (the same price as Aguero) it would take two transfers and weaken other positions to get him in So a pass from me atm but could be tempted in a weeks time.
Midfield options to get Sanchez are limited. Salah and Lingard to Sanchez and Fraser leaving 0.1 itb but that seems a bit rash losing two players that could match Sanchez on their good days.
Aguero and Gross to Sanchez and Wilson gives me a good midfield and a poor front three with Firmino Wilson and Deportre. That also means that I would have to lose one of my other United players using another transfer so that does not work.
Looks like holding fire and hoping I am not priced out of the market before next week.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

I think you have a fine team at the moment. Sanchez could be a great purchase, but you can always make the money by downgrading Gross and Depoitre, who are both too expensive for the bench.
You cannot have all three of Kane, Aguero and Sanchez. Aguero is great now, but the fear of rotation will come back after Jesus returns.
Here's an option, just postpone the Sanchez move for a couple gameweeks.see him play against better PL teams and then make up your mind.
That's pretty much what I am doing... I have no doubt about the player - I think Sanchez can be magic, but I really want to see him playing in a Mourinho team and make up my mind. IMHO he is too expensive to blanket change the team for unless 100% sure

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)

Post by baganboy »

But it that Blanket change is required, then the Wildcard can be used too.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Thanks BB. I have been looking to upgrade Gross rather than downgrade but that is something I will look at now. The 442 sort of relies on that position to work but I will b happy to rotate a couple of cheep players for that spot.
I must admit I had not thought of downgrading Depoitre but that also costs a transfer. Whilst he plays I think I will concentrate on other areas at the moment.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)

Post by baganboy »

Can you downgrade Depoitre and upgrade Gross to say Ramsey?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

baganboy wrote: 27 Jan 2018, 07:05 Can you downgrade Depoitre and upgrade Gross to say Ramsey?
Ramsey for Gross is a budget breaker without Depoitre to Quaner making two transfers. I am liking what Arsenal offer for the latter part of the season so I will be weighing that move up as an option. This is an interesting time in FPL it is unfortunate that I am also preoccupied with work (and a bit of leisure as it is full on summer here ).
Enjoying watching some football on the internet atm without any concerns about how many points are going down the pan. cheers

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

A poor 51 this week, with an own goal, a Chelsea fail and should have gone Stirling as C
Gross and Depoirtre to Wilson and Milivojevic done
now on
Adrian ( Pickford )
Alonso, Jones, Otamendi ( Schindler, Ogbonna )
Albrighton, Stirling, Lingard, Salah (vc) ( Milivojevic )
Wilson, Firmino, Aguero (c)
Thinking about a Wilson C and not brave enough to give Lingard the band again.
No more transfers untill gw28 now.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Possible transfers for gw 28
I now have the money for Aguero :arrow: Kane as planned but I really want Coleman (maybe even for gw27) so
Option 1
GW27 Otamendi :arrow: Coleman
GW28 Aguero :arrow: Kane
Still leaves me with Ogbonna and Schindler to deal to.

Option 2
GW28 Aguero :arrow: Kane , Schindler :arrow: Coleman , -4 Stirling :arrow: 7.0 player for gw31
Still leaves me with Ogbonna
Option 3
Non of the above and look at Ogbonna and Albrighton :arrow: ?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

The Gross to Milivojevic move went well along with C Aguero.
Hoping for a Firmino and Milivojevic haul to pull me up a bit. I have Alonso and Salah to come as well but so does every one else.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”