To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RMT ZeroRemorse

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RMT

Post by ZeroRemorse »

This is what I ended up with for the BGW, 5.2m ITB.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Here's my team leading into the DGW.

Likely transfers next week will be;

Auba :arrow: Wood
Salah :arrow: Sanchez
McArthur :arrow: Willian
(-8)

Bench boost.

Any better suggestions?

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Why not bring Willian in this week (to take advantage of WHU)?

Gives you a selection headache (who to bench for him), but it’s a nice problem to have.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Zimmerman wrote: 06 Apr 2018, 18:16 Why not bring Willian in this week (to take advantage of WHU)?

Gives you a selection headache (who to bench for him), but it’s a nice problem to have.
I've considered it, but the problem is I've already gone -4 this week to replace Stanislas and bring in Kane. Still not 100% confident in my next transfers too, might be worth holding Auba and triple captaining Sanchez instead of bench boost too.

Chelsea's form is questionable too and WHU looked sharp vs SOTON!

I've had Salah since day one, so I only get 9.8m for him too :shock: :shock:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

I replaced Ibe with Stanislas when Ibe was injured and have now replaced Stanislas with Ibe because Stanislas is broken.
One wonders what I'll do if something happens to Ibe. :roll: Perhaps Pugh could become an option in that case. :lol:
Seriously, though, I commiserate with you about the spate of injuries. For me, pulling the wildcard trigger seemed to act as a starting gun for my players to start going down like flies and they have been doing that ever since.

I do think Alexis TC next week is a feasible route. For me, I have invested too many points already in the GW34BB and don't want to go through all that again in GW37 really. In your case it looks similar although Smalling and Davies may not play twice and there is also the Salah issue to sort. But I think with your team I'd be tending to get the pain over with and to stick with the GW34BB plan.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 06 Apr 2018, 20:13 I replaced Ibe with Stanislas when Ibe was injured and have now replaced Stanislas with Ibe because Stanislas is broken.

I do think Alexis TC next week is a feasible route. For me, I have invested too many points already in the GW34BB and don't want to go through all that again in GW37 really. In your case it looks similar although Smalling and Davies may not play twice and there is also the Salah issue to sort. But I think with your team I'd be tending to get the pain over with and to stick with the GW34BB plan.
Oh man, don't get me started on the injuries, I think you've had it worse than most though :lol: :(

I probably will stick to BB GW34. Like you I WCed earlier in GW26 and have invested hits to adapt the team in preparation for this GW, having heard your opinion on it, gives me a more confidence in sticking to the game plan.

If Sanchez had appeared a good TC option earlier I might have strategized differently and aimed for GW37 BB. Also, I want to captain a midfielder because they have the potential to outscore a striker easily. Sanchez scored 14 points at the weekend from 1 goal 1 assist and a 3BPS. Kane scored a hattrick and only got 17 points per hattrick, that's another reason why I'm going Sanchez over Lukaku. I'll likely just go the 'safe route' and TC Kane in 37 though.

Yeah, the defending situation, I decided to gamble and go with Davies for the hopes of attacking returns when he does play, there's still the possibility he doesn't get rotated as well. Smalling has been there for a long time, just haven't had a FT or a real reason to shift him yet, it's possible he misses a game in the DGW, but I'm sure he will play at least one and willing to gamble on him playing both. I would have replaced one of them with Alonso but I don't think he's safe from rotation either with Chelsea still in the FA Cup and they have two away games and their form is terrible right now, after that there are no other defending options that really appeal to me. I'm prepared to accept Davies and Smalling missing a game.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Yeah, if it's a hit it would make no sense at all. Either could do well with a single game in GW34 anyway. Essentially I was saying that the BB GW34 still looks like it will be good enough.

Alexis will be huge for me now as well. I will probably captain him GW34 as well and TC GW37 isn't out of the question if I really need a surge in my cash ML. But I always planned on Kane TC. Kane has been talking today about chasing down the golden boot and we can all remember what happened when his team-mates helped him to get there last season; basically they did everything possible to make sure he scored the goals rather than anyone else.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

It's done; stuck to the original transfers, gee it was hard selling Salah, I've owned him since day one and only got 9.8m for him, I was hoping to hold him until the end of the season.

I'm not entirely happy or confident with my team, I think doubling up on Leicester defence and not having Vardy could be a mistake after that Newcastle performance, still hoping SOTON are impotent offensively that even Leicester can keep a CS vs them. Other concerns like ignoring Spurs MF and having some players that could face rotation (Davies and possibly Smalling, but after the derby heroics, I think he will play both games, Mourinho appears to like him a lot).

Gone for Sanchez because I believe he will outscore Lukaku and possibly be the GW's top scorer, the reason why I captained him too. He's also a massive differential.

Hazard could really hurt me, they're still in the FA Cup, so I don't know what Chelsea rotation is going to happen, but I am concerned, if word gets around he might be rotated, I just may consider -12, to get Eriksen or someone similar.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

That's fairly close to mine assuming I take a -8 as well. Core players and captain are the same anyway. The differences will be:

• ZR - Smalling, Davies, Mahrez, Hazard, Gross, Willian, Wilson, Wood.
  • RNZ - Naughton, Vertonghen, Ibe, Zaha, Son, Matic, Aubameyang, Vardy.
That's 7 players the same and 8 different but some of the differences are pairs - Davies/Vertonghen, Mahrez/Vardy, Ibe/Wilson for example. For me it's a matter of whether SGW players like Aubameyang and Zaha can keep pace with DGW options but they are both players I want for the rest of the season so I need to look beyond just DGW34. For you, Hazard is obviously a key player; if he does well then you will, simple as that.

I really don't get the general preference for Lukaku over Sánchez, I mentioned some weeks ago that Sánchez' numbers are better, they are the same price and Sánchez has the midfielder points bonus. Looking at recent position maps, Sánchez is essentially playing alongside Lukaku so he's near to being OOP. I'd far rather have Sánchez anyway, I guess the only factor for Lukaku is that he is safer because higher owned. But in both of our cases we are wanting to attack rather than defend our position in the OR I think. I really hope Alexis does it this time; twice I have backed him this season and suffered for it but a great end to the season from him would pay all that back and we'd both be happy. :)

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Hazard is key, a bit of the thought process in keeping was Morata's return. He's looking dangerous and creative today which is a positive, he was unlucky not to have an assist for Willian.

Completely agree on Lukaku vs Sanchez, in general, I favour premium midfielders over strikers anyway, unless the striker is explosive and in good form with good fixtures. There are 8 midfielders with more points than Lukaku and Hazard has the same amount and missed the start of the season.

Abit of the thought process behind selecting two Leicester DEF'ers was their price was cheap and 2xDGW, OK fixtures and I will be using them as bench fodder until the next DGW Chillwell is also OOP/attacking threat, combined they 8.7m and have a decent home fixture vs SOTON where they could get a clean sheet, so it could possibly be x2 points vs BUR + 2x6 = 16 excluding any bonus, at worst they should be 8 points which would equal a defenders score without BB. It's decent value. Vardy who rarely hits double digits and could easily just end up with 10 points (likely will get 18 - 20ish though) and sure he has the potential for more, but the cheap Leicester defence does a better job for me in theory than Vardy, there's a decent potential for a good return from them. There's also the Vardy vs Wood factor, I believe Wood could keep up with Vardy or at least get a goal/assist which should be enough, this enabled me to get Willian too, who I think could also do OK during the DGW.

Fingers crossed, I'm prepared for disappointment though because I realize there are a lot of risks/rotation threats in here, also a few players really out of form, like Wilson and I guess Hazard also and it's likely Davies will just end up with 2 points, I don't usually take so many risks/defensive double ups, but I'm far out at 60k and it's been a frustrating season so time to try something a little different.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Well that result to WHU, I'm now strongly considering Hazard :arrow: Eriksen (-12).

In the 2nd half he lost the ball countless times, Chelsea has still got the FA Cup, so that has to be the aim, the league games are basically pointless now they can't get top 4. Surely his minutes will be limited and it could be an opportunity to play younger talent like Emerson.

I had to do my transfers last night because I have 0.0ITB, probably would have kept Auba over Hazard, oh well.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

I'd keep the 4 points in pocket I think. Eriksen is a great player but erratic for FPL. Hazard can haul any time and I doubt he'll be rested myself, Conte tends to sub him off early rather than that. I wouldn't get him in but I doubt I'd sell him either.

I agree about Leicester defence by the way. The DGW fixtures should promise at least one CS. Zanka :arrow: Morgan will probably be my final hit for a -8.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 21:49 I'd keep the 4 points in pocket I think. Eriksen is a great player but erratic for FPL. Hazard can haul any time and I doubt he'll be rested myself, Conte tends to sub him off early rather than that. I wouldn't get him in but I doubt I'd sell him either.

I agree about Leicester defence by the way. The DGW fixtures should promise at least one CS. Zanka :arrow: Morgan will probably be my final hit for a -8.
Thanks for settling my itchy finger there :!: I often get that knee-jerk urge after consecutive disappointments, good to vent and get a rational opinion though.

I've kept faith in Hazard since he came back from injury and he has rewarded generously at times. Hopefully, he rewards the faithful again this DGW, if not, I will possibly look to a City/Spurs, or downgrade to a fodder and bring Aguero in for Wilson for a last roll of the dice.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RMT ZeroRemorse

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Well after the last 2 GW's I've managed to stumble into the top 30k (thanks largely to Smalling and Gross) with what I thought was an out of form squad and a couple of mistakes made on my FH (Sane, Kiko 1st sub), scores of 104 & 75.

Thinking of doing 4 transfers for a final push during the DGW, I'm willing to take up to 2 hits, 1 each week. Got some serious rotation threat in the squad; Hazard, Sanchez, Willian, Davies, VVD.

I won't use FT on defenders at this stage, unless it's a CIty or Spurs defender, even then only Ederssen appeals to me but I already have DDG, so that's nearly a sideways move.

I'd like to do something with Gross too, I can't see him returning with Brighton's tough run in.

I'm thinking about going for a gamble and stack the City lads, the way I look at it is; even if they are rotated, their chances of returning and returning generously are higher than nearly every other team, even if that player has a DGW and the fact that Sanchez and Haz probably will miss a game in the DGW.

Currently looking at;

Sanchez :arrow: Lingard
Hazard :arrow: Sterling
Gross :arrow: Sane
Wilson :arrow: Jesus

Possible

Eriksen - I'm really considering him since he's so nailed, inform and likely to play all the remaining fixtures.

Willian :arrow: Arnie, is in such good form and regardless of the tough fixtures WHU have, he could definietly score.

This has potential backfire written all over it, but looking at their run-in and I think all 3 of them (City players) are bound to get points at some stage.

Triple captained will be used on Harry on DGW37

Suggestions really welcomed and encouraged! :D :D

Potential squad for DGW37

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

All 4 of those moves look good to me

dingo
Kevin and Perry

Post by dingo »

The moves look good but Hazard has a knack of having runs of consecutive explosive games. I am in a similar position to you with Sanchez, but looking to keep him and potentially captaining him for Arsenal game.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Yeah, the problem with Hazard is Chelsea play Liverpool on the 6th then play HUD on the 9th, I'd almost bet my house on Hazard not starting the HUD game, same goes for Willian, that's his favourable fixture too, where as last time he missed the BUS game and played vs SOTON.

I don't want to risk him not playing and I think one of the City boys will outscore him even if they only get one game vs either Brighton or HUD.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Hey all, good luck for the next season, I think it will be a good one with loads of different options and plenty of variety!

I'm kind of settled on this draft, I know the bench is horrible, but I plan on an early WC around GW3/4 or the first International break. With a bit of luck, Wan Bissaka will remain a starter for Palace to alleviate my fears of having a dead bench. With the WC I will aim to bring in any players that are in ridiculous form, some bargains and remove Martial for a more "nailed" option, possibly Ramsey.

The other draft I considered Mane in place of Martial with Zaha/King up top.

Sanchez is an option too, with Quaner as the bench fodder and upgrading Bennett, but I prefer this balance as I think there's some good value in the mid-range striker category last season, as opposed to last year where it was very limited other than costly premiums.

I'd love to hear some critiques and suggestions. Cheers!

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

I like it! But I would because it’s almost identical to mine. Great minds?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

No Way Jose wrote: 19 Jul 2018, 22:39 I like it! But I would because it’s almost identical to mine. Great minds?
What GK have you gone with amigo?
I keep tinkering with Edersen.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 19 Jul 2018, 22:50
No Way Jose wrote: 19 Jul 2018, 22:39 I like it! But I would because it’s almost identical to mine. Great minds?
What GK have you gone with amigo?
I keep tinkering with Edersen.
Ederson isn’t a bad shout at all. I’ve got Pickford atm. Was considering scraping .5 from mahrez to Silva to upgrade my M5 to a warmer body as I have a bit of a dead bench like you, but that .5 could be used for Pickford to ederson too potentially

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Ok, so I'm quite certain I'm going to go into GW1 with this team. 0.5M ITB, I've changed my mind about the early WC and want to hold off until I really need to use it or want to use it, so I'm minimizing punts and players filling in for WC returning players.

I've looked at the fixtures and Peltier rotates nicely with Tomkins and Wan Bisaka rotates well with Hughes for a CPL defensive double up. Wan Bisaka is a starter and Peliter is 95% nailed for the time being according to Cardiff fans, I believe they will be very defensive and could pick up CS's.

The other option was downgrading Eriksen to Bsilva and upgrading Hughes to Richarlison and Tomkins to Bailey - Which is not bad and could definitely be something I end up doing before the deadline, they're popular picks at the moment, but I'm not sold on them.

My problem with them is; Bilva is a transfer waiting to happen, Everton still look poor offensively, Bailey has fitness issues and Eriksen is a really really good placeholder with two good opening fixtures allowing me time to assess what is going on in the MF and the WC boys will be coming back, like KDB.

Let me know what you think, cheers.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

I think it's a good side. the benfit of eriksen and .5 ITB is he could become KDB quite easily

The only problem with that is it becomes a little unbalance with 4 at 9.5 and above but that's quite minor really. I like all of your picks in isolation and I like them together

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

It is very "FISO".

I'm not sure about Mane, and Erik is an expensive risk, unlike Mahrez?

3 atb Gw2 with the Cardiff bod?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

blahblah wrote: 08 Aug 2018, 06:20 It is very "FISO".

I'm not sure about Mane, and Erik is an expensive risk, unlike Mahrez?

3 atb Gw2 with the Cardiff bod?
Cheers for the comments NWJ and Blah.

I like risks, but Mane and Eriksen don't look like risks to me? Particularly not Mane, in fact I'd call him the safest 9.5m pick around.

Eriksen is a little riskier with Spurs missing their stars, but again he's 99% nailed and doesn't appear to be a risk, I'd say he's the 2nd safest option in that price bracket.

Mane and Eriksen will keep their place after the WC players return and if they don't for some reason or get injured they're good place holders that can be replaced with Hazard or KDB or the inform mid priced MFer.

I didn't go for the Lucas Moura or the BSilva because I don't believe they're good sustainable picks. If there's anything I've learned from the start of the season it's not to have players that are transfers waiting to happen because other problems always arise that need attention or a transfer.

Keen to hear why you think Mane and Eriksen are risks though and if there are better cheaper alternatives, which I don't believe there are in midfield.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Not sure about Mane, and Erik is a risk ie loads of cash in a weak and\or unprepared team.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

blahblah wrote: 08 Aug 2018, 10:56 Not sure about Mane, and Erik is a risk ie loads of cash in a weak and\or unprepared team.
I undertsnd that about Eriksen, that's why he's in my thoughts about shifting him before GW1, but I'm still confident he's nailed and most things will go through him with Ali and Kanes absence. If there was an obvious better cheaper option then I'd jump at it, Bsilva being the preferred option.

I have to disagree about Mane. Liverpool look very settled and are cruising preseason, kind fixtures to kick off with, I'm pretty keen to go with a Liverpool triple up and I prefer the cheaper striker options over the cheaper MF options so I won't take Firmino.

Cheers anyway though mate, I'll be definitely thinking about Eriksen over the next few days. Got any suggestions who you would replace him with?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

With 0.5 itb Erikson to Mahrez would be my pick. I am staying away from Tottenham for the first few weeks and then looking to see how Son will reintegrate.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Oxford NZ wrote: 08 Aug 2018, 11:11 With 0.5 itb Erikson to Mahrez would be my pick. I am staying away from Tottenham for the first few weeks and then looking to see how Son will reintegrate.
Hey Oxford, do you like the All Black's squad? Pretty disappointed Laumape didn't get picked and Todd is off to Japan.

Mahrez is a bigger risk than Eriksen IMO, he's had a knock and KDB, Sterling and Silva will be returning from the WC. He'll no doubt face some bench time very early into the season and starting off with Arsenal away isn't flash, the Huddersfield (H) game is tempting to have him, I'd just have that concern he won't start, Sterling might get preferred?

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

I like it, same strike force that I've got :)

Certainly don't think Mane & Eriksen are risks? both nailed and under no threat from returning WC players.

Only thing I notice is that Eriksen and Hughes are 14.5m, with Spurs missing players & perhaps not quite ready and Hughes a steady type player I wonder if that 14.5m can't be put towards something a bit more dynamic at the start? Not sure what other combo, as there are risks around a lot of the 7.5m mids, but for the first month or so could Richarlison & Jota + 1.5m outscore Eriksen & Hughes?

So Eriksen/Hughes/Tomkins v Richarlson/Jota/PVA + 0.5, overall I think the alternative choice looks stronger, and leaves you .5 to upgrade a bench player or just bank and use for an early bandwagon etc.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”