To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

SirMattBugsby RMT: Believe!

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Re: SirMattBugsby RMT: Believe!

Post by Smurphy Paw »

For all of Spurs travails, they’re still 6th in the league and have conceded three fewer goals than Leicester & Arsenal, two fewer than Man U and only two more than Chelsea. I have strong 4th & 5th defenders to cover for rotation and so I went for Trippier. It could go horribly wrong, but I’m prepared to try

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

So after all that drama, I slept through the deadline. That's one way of saving a FT I guess..

Not much harm done in the end, and it was nice to see Trippier and Maddison doing better than the more fancied Chilwell and Fraser. Mendy->Trippier is definitely on this week. Not so sure about Maddison, esp with Vardy and Iheanacho looking equally good options at Leicester.

GW 7 and it's Chelsea-Liverpool. Five players playing against each other: I'm sure most managers here are in a similar situation. How to manage the GW in this case? I see two ways:

1) Limit exposure to these two. That's definitely possible for me now with 2 FTs and two playing subs. But who to sell/sub? I'm currently considering Mane and Pedro for the former, Robertson and Alonso for the latter.

2) Ensure rest of the playing eleven look good to return. This means selling Mendy if he doesn't play this week. Which leaves me with Aguero (c), Silva, Neves, Bennett, Hennessey and Vietto. Not bad, but not good either, and heavily reliant on Kun and Silva to feature (and return).

Lots to think about, and a test for team management skills.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

a. Happens at least once every year for me. Saturday afternoon, a solid carbs-loaded Indian diet, and siesta.
b. "reduce coverage in defence, but leave the attack as it is " -- is the normal suggestion in such cases when two top-6 teams play each other**. But heck, Robbo and Alonso ARE attacking players. I have 5 players from LIV CHE too, and I will play all.

** with exceptions - esp for mourinho teams.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 10:46 For all of Spurs travails, they’re still 6th in the league and have conceded three fewer goals than Leicester & Arsenal, two fewer than Man U and only two more than Chelsea. I have strong 4th & 5th defenders to cover for rotation and so I went for Trippier. It could go horribly wrong, but I’m prepared to try
Same for me. Just half a minute away from his first haul. :roll:

Though I will likely use my wildcard in GW9 so would only need him for Huddersfield away and Cardiff at home now.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Joccki_10 wrote:
Smurphy's Paw wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 10:46 For all of Spurs travails, they’re still 6th in the league and have conceded three fewer goals than Leicester & Arsenal, two fewer than Man U and only two more than Chelsea. I have strong 4th & 5th defenders to cover for rotation and so I went for Trippier. It could go horribly wrong, but I’m prepared to try
Same for me. Just half a minute away from his first haul. :roll:

Though I will likely use my wildcard in GW9 so would only need him for Huddersfield away and Cardiff at home now.
I must say, that haul would've been very unjustified. Spurs still look vulnerable and could've lost that game.

Then again, FPL is hardly fair. The good thing is, Trippier has multiple avenues for returning.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

GW 7 was bang average with 51. Chelsea-Liverpool was the worst possible result for my team. Yeah yeah, I don't have Hazard.. In addition, none of Silva, Neves and Richarlison returned. Defence is working though, and Vietto is a left-field pick I've enjoyed watching so far.

I rolled the transfer for GW 8, which was surprising to me tbh. Having persisted with the Liverpool trio, taking them out would have been a waste of transfers.

It's a long term risk but I back Salah and Mane to repay my faith GW 9 onwards. I'm also hopeful of them returning against MCI, and have even captained Salah.

I did think of Silva->Hazard but that would also have meant Aguero->Vardy(-4). Not a bad set of moves, but again, Silva and Aguero were two players I'd like for the BUR game after international break.

Will consider Haz next GW against MUN. Till then, I hope to ride out GW 8 with a decent score. Go Salah!

PS: I love Juan Mata Maybe Matic at CB and Mata in midfield is worth considering for Jose?

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Have had two consecutive average GWs with midfield not doing enough but backline doing well. So I've redirected some DEF resources to MID.

Mane->Hazard
Trippier->Yedlin

Hope it doesn't backfire and break down the defence too

Other than that, I've retained Hennessey due to higher priorities elsewhere and also managed to keep the duo of Silva and Aguero. Really hoping David does well.

Henn
Alonso Robertson Yedlin Bennett
Salah(vc) Hazard Silva Rich
Aguero(c) Vietto

Subs: Speroni, Neves, WB, Kamara
0.6 ITB

Good luck everyone!

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Silva comes to the rescue in an otherwise low-scoring GW so far. Maybe I'm being greedy but he should have put away that header from close range. Fine margins..

This brings me to a dilemma I faced last year as well, and with the same player. I sold Silva before the Manchester derby and considered his recent return a parting gift. He went on to get goals in the next two games.

With him up against (tot) should I do the same? Will definitely wait for the midweek games but I have to make a decision. The planned transfers are:

Silva->Maddison
Kamara->Wilson (-4)

Another issue I have to sort out is Hennessey. Palace have a terrible run but will it be the same for the GK? Ryan is the alternative I'm considering.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Was playing around a bit with my team, and I stumbled upon this combo:

Aguero->Vardy
Silva->KdB
Vietto->Arnie

Probably done over 2 or 3 weeks. It borders on stupid to lose Kun, but maybe Vardy can match him for the next 3 weeks? I'm also hoping that KdB alone will be enough for City and a captaincy option.

This also made me think whether the premium striker is worth having this season. Thoughts?

skip
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: UFPL beta winner 2014, OFL ISO winner 2013

Post by skip »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 21 Oct 2018, 15:45 Was playing around a bit with my team, and I stumbled upon this combo:

Aguero->Vardy
Silva->KdB
Vietto->Arnie

Probably done over 2 or 3 weeks. It borders on stupid to lose Kun, but maybe Vardy can match him for the next 3 weeks? I'm also hoping that KdB alone will be enough for City and a captaincy option.

This also made me think whether the premium striker is worth having this season. Thoughts?

I wouldn’t lose Aguero just to enable other moves.

Downgrading Silva or Alonso by a little to fund Vietto > Arnie looks like a good option for you

Maybe see how Palace look defensively today to decide about Hennessy. If they are solid he could get score well against the top sides. GK’s often do, unlike defenders.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

skip wrote:
SirMattBugsby wrote: 21 Oct 2018, 15:45 Was playing around a bit with my team, and I stumbled upon this combo:

Aguero->Vardy
Silva->KdB
Vietto->Arnie

I wouldn’t lose Aguero just to enable other moves.

Downgrading Silva or Alonso by a little to fund Vietto > Arnie looks like a good option for you

Maybe see how Palace look defensively today to decide about Hennessy. If they are solid he could get score well against the top sides. GK’s often do, unlike defenders.
Yeah, Palace look good so far (HT against Everton). In fact, they can probably endure some more attacking prowess, which is where Hennessey will come into play.

I wouldn't normally sell Aguero too, especially with his high ownership. But with his usual playing time of 60 minutes, City's need to win CL games and and games against tot and MUN in the next three, I'm wondering if someone like Vardy or Lacazette can match him in the next three..

Another factor here is the return of KdB. I expect him to start and play 90' every game now, unlike Silva and Aguero. Can he be captained for City's favorable games? If so, I have my captain for 1.5 less.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

Aguero->Vardy
Silva->KdB
Vietto->Arnie

IMHO Yes to all of this.
No to whether the premium striker is essential.

i was considering a similar move to yours too. Aguero + Richarlison (to) KDB + Vardy. Still thinking on it. within the consideration set.

also, the biggest question for me at the moment is Arnautovic (or) B.Mendy.

Will be awaiting to see the suggestions here....

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Hey everyone, long time! I've been going in circles since the last post, moving ever so slowly ahead. 135k and hope to better last season's tally, which was probably inflated by Salah now that I look back.

I played the 2nd WC early, which has made things.. very interesting! Present team is:

Etheridge (Boruc)
Robertson Jonny AWB (TAA Pereira)
Sterling Mane Pogba Deulofeu Fraser
Rashford Vardy (Barnes)

So, 7 DGWers plus Robbo and Mane plus Vardy (BOU) and Fraser playing each other. Looks decent tbh, and the only big weakness is no Aguero, which I can correct with a hit. Also seems like a good week for me to TC or even BB.

The gains with FH would be:

1) Chelsea cover (not sure whether worth it, even with good fixtures),
2) Man City defender,
3) Jiminez
4) Getting Hazard back for 33 since my FT this GW has been Hazard->Sterling.

Enough reason to FH here? Or TC Sterling/Aguero (-4) instead?

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

The downside with TC this week is the risk that comes with captaining a Man City player any week. I'm fairly confident that Aguero will start both but can't be sure. Not so sure about Sterling since Pep might want him starting in the FA Cup semi (although the same can be thought of Kun?)

FHing with a City triple-up in attack appears to be the safest route to attacking returns, especially since two key players in Aguero and David Silva will be fresh from the international break. But will I get a better chance to use the TC? 70-30 in favor of FH at present, mostly because of the above reasons and the fact that I'll boomerang into a settled team for GW 33.

Any ideas on future TC opportunities?

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

viewtopic.php?p=3310847#p3310847

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Hey everyone! New season, and about time. I've realised this summer that I'm deeply addicted to FPL right now. It's that stage of addiction when you're not thinking, you just want the drug over and over. It just feels so right..

So any kind of discussion, I'm in. Summer transfers have struck my team already with Trippier leaving. Who saw that coming btw?

My early thoughts this season:

1) The heavy backline is overrated. Balance, people!
2) Got to have atleast 3 premium players for captaincy. Might mean compromises elsewhere but rather compromise on an 8 mil player than an 11 mil.
3) Identify the 9-10 mil player that will be a premium. Last season, that was Mane. KdB this time maybe?
4) Considering BB in GW1, but it might compromise my eleven and necessitate WC. So probably not.
5) Lacazette. Hmmm..

On a more general note, I'll try to limit my sources of info- and exposure to it- for better judgment. Let's see how blaming others works :wink:

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Present draft:

Ryan, Button
Robertson, Digne, Aurier, Cathcart, Gibson
Salah, KdB, Bernardo, Moura, Dendoncker
Lacazette, King, Pukki

Only looking at GWs 1 and 2 for now. I fancy Arsenal and Lacazette, especially for GW 2. Will be targeting Newcastle.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 17:12 Present draft:

Ryan, Button
Lacazette, King, Pukki

Only looking at GWs 1 and 2 for now. I fancy Arsenal and Lacazette, especially for GW 2. Will be targeting Newcastle.
assuming this is a BB squad? Pukki … I like the idea, but for GW1?

Gibson is on my watchlist but whether he will play must be debatable. Kelly at Palace looks more likely (and Palace fixtures in GW 1 and 2 are not too bad).

I have not ruled out a BB in GW1 and WC in either week 2 or 3. Risk of not knowing enough info maybe by then, but a GW1 supersquad is very doable, and my plans involve a slight squad structure shift from around GW3 anyway so...

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Origi should be in the shake up for such a plan. Looking very likely to play at home to Norwich....

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

raoul wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 17:17

Ryan, Button
Lacazette, King, Pukki

Gibson is on my watchlist but whether he will play must be debatable. Kelly at Palace looks more likely (and Palace fixtures in GW 1 and 2 are not too bad).

I have not ruled out a BB in GW1 and WC in either week 2 or 3. Risk of not knowing enough info maybe by then, but a GW1 supersquad is very doable, and my plans involve a slight squad structure shift from around GW3 anyway so...
Not a BB squad. BB for GW 1 is just another option. Main aim right now is to have a good 11 for 2 GWs. Hence Lacazette and Pukki, who I hope will be good picks ahead as well.
blahblah wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 17:20 Origi should be in the shake up for such a plan. Looking very likely to play at home to Norwich....
Added to watchlist :D

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 17:50
raoul wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 17:17

Ryan, Button
Lacazette, King, Pukki

Not a BB squad. BB for GW 1 is just another option. Main aim right now is to have a good 11 for 2 GWs. Hence Lacazette and Pukki, who I hope will be good picks ahead as well.
blahblah wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 17:20 Origi should be in the shake up for such a plan. Looking very likely to play at home to Norwich....
Added to watchlist :D
I said BB as it seemed you had at least 11 outfield playing, probably 12, and with a shout at all 13 :)

Agree re Origi - slightest hint of Firmino not being 100% and Norwich at home, common sense to rest him.

Starting to think a Grrenwood + Origi front line could work wonders :shock:

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

raoul wrote:
I said BB as it seemed you had at least 11 outfield playing, probably 12, and with a shout at all 13 :)

Agree re Origi - slightest hint of Firmino not being 100% and Norwich at home, common sense to rest him.

Starting to think a Grrenwood + Origi front line could work wonders :shock:
Haha yes, I'm subconsciously building a BB team while consciously trying to have an ideal eleven. Losing it Image

Sterling is among goals again in pre-season. Not having him reminds me of a mistake I made two seasons back. Got Alli and Eriksen, thinking I could cover Kane. Turned out horrific.

I've done the same right now with KdB and Bernardo, and will probably replace one of them with Sterling..

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Man City's pre-season has had Sterling playing through the middle and Sane on the left. Sane has looked good, which leaves me questioning my Bernardo Silva pick. Will there be room for all three in City's starting eleven?

Secondly, both Fraser and Wilson are doing well pre-season. Maybe I should consider paying the extra 1-1.5 over King?

I know we can't have them all, but I'm not able to get *so many* of them Meanwhile, for some reason, I'm not removing Lacazette..

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

😂😂😂

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

viewtopic.php?p=3329349#p3329349

Having read this great stuff from Peter Blake shared by SK, I'm willing to make a few changes to my draft:

1) Aurier/Zinchenko-> VvD. A no-brainer really, and most Fisoers would say I don't need to read anything to know that. I was considering a 5.5 replacement, but the "high price barrier" among Defending Defenders changed my mind.

2) Lacazette->Kane. This is contrary to the article's recommendation to restrict money spend among forwards. But Blake admits that class forwards regularly outperform "EA points".

Moreover, the "rotation of premiums based on fixtures" is something I'd like to test. Kane permits this with Auba in GW 2 and, maybe later, Aguero. Add to this his home fixtures in 1 and 3 plus the possibility of pens from VAR plus his ownership.. yeah, goodbye Laca (you're still on my mind though Image).

The money for this will come from downgrading Pukki and Moura. Lacazette and Moura are two players who I feel can be real differentials. Maybe later..

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

SirMattBugsby wrote:Present draft:

Ryan, Button
Lacazette, King, Pukki

Second draft:

Ryan
TAA, VvD, Digne, Cathcart
Salah, KdB, Siggurdson, Brooks
Kane, King

Subs: Button; Dendoncker, 4.5 fwd, Gibson

0.5 ITB

Cathcart is the obvious weakness. Based on Blake's findings:

1) Contrary to popular perception, fixtures don't matter much for mid-price DEF unless they are rank outsiders. So Cathcart is likely to return in 1 of 4 regardless.

2) There is a slightly better chance of an Attacking Defender returning than a Defending Defender in mid-price range (the change is much less in premium range btw). So.. Holebas over Cathcart?

I'll probably endure Cathy for 4 GWs, then bring in Taylor.

PS: Can King and Brooks cover Wilson/Fraser? Please say yes..

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

SirMattBugsby wrote:
SirMattBugsby wrote:Present draft:

Ryan, Button
Lacazette, King, Pukki

Second draft:

Ryan
TAA, VvD, Digne, Cathcart
Salah, KdB, Siggurdson, Brooks
Kane, King

Subs: Button; Dendoncker, 4.5 fwd, Gibson

0.5 ITB

Cathcart is the obvious weakness. Based on Blake's findings:

1) Contrary to popular perception, fixtures don't matter much for mid-price DEF unless they are rank outsiders. So Cathcart is likely to return in 1 of 4 regardless.

2) There is a slightly better chance of an Attacking Defender returning than a Defending Defender in mid-price range (the change is much less in premium range btw). So.. Holebas over Cathcart?

I'm taking Taylor on from the start. I believe Burnley will hit double figures in clean sheets this season.

You'll certainly get more bang for buck with King and Brooks, although I wouldn't have Brooks at all. But King as a penalty taker, certainly.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 24 Jul 2019, 09:36 Cathcart is the obvious weakness. Based on Blake's findings:

You need to be sure Cathcart is a sure starter - I'd keep the 0.5mn anyway. Might be Kabasele and Dawson first choice or certainly threatening it. Holebas started last season like a train though, as did Watford.

King and Brooks can't cover Fraser/Wilson but they are both good picks in themselves. In the nice 2 first gameweeks, anything could happen. You could find yourself up 10 points or down 10 points. In fact if Bournemouth lose both games to nothing, which is unlikely, it might not be so bad for you as you haven't invested much!

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

cymbalrush84 wrote: I'm taking Taylor on from the start. I believe Burnley will hit double figures in clean sheets this season.

You'll certainly get more bang for buck with King and Brooks, although I wouldn't have Brooks at all. But King as a penalty taker, certainly.
Will you be playing Taylor for the first few fixtures?

My problem with King is, he often comes out wide to offer an out-ball. That's good work as a second striker, but bad for FPL points. Penalties are fine but from open play, I fear Fraser and Wilson will invariably be the ones with G and A, with Brooks the occasional beneficiary.
Sutter Kane wrote:
You need to be sure Cathcart is a sure starter - I'd keep the 0.5mn anyway. Might be Kabasele and Dawson first choice or certainly threatening it. Holebas started last season like a train though, as did Watford.

King and Brooks can't cover Fraser/Wilson but they are both good picks in themselves. In the nice 2 first gameweeks, anything could happen. You could find yourself up 10 points or down 10 points. In fact if Bournemouth lose both games to nothing, which is unlikely, it might not be so bad for you as you haven't invested much!
Thanks SK! Yes, will keep an eye on Cathcart.

I'm considering downgrading Digne to Coleman, which frees up enough for Brooks->Fraser. Worth it?

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

SirMattBugsby wrote:
cymbalrush84 wrote: I'm taking Taylor on from the start. I believe Burnley will hit double figures in clean sheets this season.

Will you be playing Taylor for the first few fixtures?

My problem with King is, he often comes out wide to offer an out-ball. That's good work as a second striker, but bad for FPL points. Penalties are fine but from open play, I fear Fraser and Wilson will invariably be the ones with G and A, with Brooks the occasional beneficiary.
Sutter Kane wrote:

Thanks SK! Yes, will keep an eye on Cathcart.

I'm considering downgrading Digne to Coleman, which frees up enough for Brooks->Fraser. Worth it?

Likely I will for GW1 then deffo GW5 onwards for some time.

I'm of the opinion that penalties via VAR will trump everything, so I'll go with King, otherwise Wilson.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”