To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

SirMattBugsby RMT: Believe!

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Re: SirMattBugsby RMT: Believe!

Post by Stevieste »

I hope it works for you, im not obsessed to stay away.

I told myself i was doing KDB set and forget captain this morning and im already trying to Change it to Son as he never went away on International break 🤦🏼‍♂️😂

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Stevieste wrote:I hope it works for you, im not obsessed to stay away.

I told myself i was doing KDB set and forget captain this morning and im already trying to Change it to Son as he never went away on International break ImageImage
I kindly doubt you're going to have a perma-captain.. however, I have been leaning more towards Salah/Mane for that, atleast till Christmas. They have Thiago now!

I've enjoyed Mane's game recently and, for reasons including but not restricted to points, am angling for him over Salah. Also wondering about the worth of a perma-differential captain like Mane or.. Sterling? Image

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

This dead team thing seems difficult to follow WC team off to a good start, and for the first time in a long long time, I've had joy with Spurs. The feud goes back to 17/18 when I removed Kane for the back-to-back hattricks.

Football is very strange right now tbh. Everybody has a different take on why that is.. I think it's about perspective. The pandemic has brought things into perspective, and day-to-day life matters seem trivial. A footballer right now is, to some extent, fulfilling a social cause, and is even having to travel in pointless international breaks to do so. One might argue they're paid well to do so but it's not about that. You can't help but go through the motions sometimes.

This going through the motions is what might be filtering into the games, and the lack of CSs. I'm not sure any club is that driven to surpass their objectives. Will Pep use it as a transition year to bed in Foden? Will the promoted teams be that desperate to stay up? Will the Glazers really sack Ole if he finishes fifth, considering adequate money was not spent?

Normally such questions wouldn't be entertained, but the cloud of Covid continues to hang over our lives. The fact that football is going on, is good enough and I suspect the football people know this as well. (Or maybe I'm reading it all wrong.)

The interesting thing then is, what's driving Villa and West Ham? West Ham's comeback made me 'feel football' once again, and Villa are keeping CSs that away crowds would be proud of. The West Ham game did remind that football without crowds can also be played with emotion and will. Hopefully, we'll get to see more of this and less going through the motions.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Captaincy

I've had three good GWs so far, and they have co-incided with captaincy hauls. The biggest rank jump was in GW 3, when Bruno was one of the few premiums to haul: KdB, Kane, Salah all had low scores. GW 5 saw all relevant premiums returning double-digits and an avg score of 60.

Does this mean anything? Maybe not, but I'm considering a team of Salah plus two 10.5s plus Son. Maybe the second 10.5 could be a Chelsea bod?

The idea is to have four captaincy options. Either that or I use transfers to switch premiums.. that usually doesn't end well for me, but it has this season when I switched Mo for Bruno.

Looking forward, an obvious shift comes around GW 9-10 when Spurs can be switched to Man City or United. Is the switch obvious too? Should an in-form Kane be taken out for Kun or Bruno, when the big defences aren't exactly solid?

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

GW 6 Preview

Hames injury is well-timed, and allows to bide time with Pulisic. Wouldn't have switched anyway tbh, but I can rest easier about it. Transfer banked!

Big test for Trent this weekend. Robbo continued to be more advanced against Ajax and Pool were playing deeper and hitting on the break, although that could be because of the opposition. SHU have an unsettled left side and I'm banking on Trent and Mo doing serious damage.

This GW will also test the 'other guys': Grealish, Pulisic, Soucek and Ayling. Grealish vs Ayling will be a key battle and fun to watch.. looking forward to that game!

Martinez
Trent Robbo Ayling
Salah(c) Son Pulisic Grealish Soucek
Kane(vc) DCL

Expected points: 50-60
Game to watch: Man United vs Chelsea

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Have 2 FTs this week. Should I do Trent to Chilwell? Any other transfers worth considering? Will appreciate opinions and accept decision as my own

Team is

Martinez
Trent Robbo Ayling
Salah(vc) Son(c) Pulisic Grealish Soucek
Kane DCL

Subs: 4.0GK Masuaku Brewster Ferguson

PS: is burning transfers advisable? Don't remember doing it tbh..

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Why the Chelsea defence?

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

blahblah wrote:Why the Chelsea defence?
"Next Trent" Image
Seriously considering burning the transfer though

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 30 Oct 2020, 16:24
"Next Trent" Image
But not the same CS wise compared to Lpool in previous seasons?

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

blahblah wrote:
SirMattBugsby wrote: 30 Oct 2020, 16:24
"Next Trent" Image
But not the same CS wise compared to Lpool in previous seasons?
Who, then? Is there a good enough replacement for Trent? Tierney or Bellerin?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I do have the last 2, but.... 😂😂😂

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

blahblah wrote:I do have the last 2, but.... ImageImageImage
No, I do think it's a good idea. Arsenal are defensive, right?

Hmm, I'm thinking Tierney is on..

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 30 Oct 2020, 17:00
blahblah wrote:I do have the last 2, but.... ImageImageImage
No, I do think it's a good idea. Arsenal are defensive, right?

Hmm, I'm thinking Tierney is on..
I'm impressed by Arteta and expect a Top 3 finish, and they are relatively cheap and have attacking potential....

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Yeah. I'm in!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

So I can blame you as the jinx 👏👏👏👏👏

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Or the goodluck charm.. I got them after the GW they lost 1-0 Leicester

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yeah, they have been underperforming....

🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Transfers done.

Trent to Bellerin
Brewster to Bamford

Blah told me

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 30 Oct 2020, 18:32 Transfers done.

Trent to Bellerin
Brewster to Bamford

Blah told me Image
You fool 😂😂😂

Guess who has both those Fwd's 😎

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

SirMattBugsby wrote:Transfers done.

Trent to Bellerin
Brewster to Bamford

Blah told me Image
Hey look! Drunk transfers Image Created a right mess for next weeks as well, when my first and second subs (Soucek, Masuaku) play Fulham and SHU.. AND Bellend is playing MUN this week.

I'm hoping Arteta's Arsenal turn out to be giant-killers in the next few weeks.. May the spirit of van Gaal be with you Mikel!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

😎

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

So, I get drunk, ask Blah for advice and end up getting an Arsenal defender against Man United, who then gets my first defender haul this season? Don't need any more evidence that the season is bonkers :lol:

Beyond GW 8

Surprise surprise, Pulisic is injured again.. Kinda felt for him tbh on seeing his frustration, the bodies of some athletes don't support them well enough. That leaves an empty spot in my midfield which, in the long-term, ideally goes to KdB or Sterling.

Robertson's place is under question as well. There are way too many cheaper options at the moment- Chilwell, Castagne, Cancelo/Dias, Semedo/Nouri- to not consider downgrading him. They don't, however, play for Liverpool and once Matip and Thiago are back, CSs out of sheer domination are not out of the question. Attacking output was never in doubt.

Last position to consider is Kane. Spurs are good, but games against Brighton and Burnley have shown they're not title-contenders good, maybe not even top-four good. Any team with decent build-up and dealing well with counter attacks will dominate them. Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal fulfill those requirements (not Liverpool ironically).

Man United and Chelsea attackers have been unreliable, which shouldn't be surprising. I'm thinking of having not having more than one of them, if at all. Hakim Ziyech has historically had good numbers with Ajax, is the cheapest and his role and position is difficult to replicate in that Chelsea squad. Plus, he's an absolute joy to watch :)

Special mention to Leeds: what a team! All so-called pundits keep mentioning the space they leave behind, just like they were for Bayern Munich in the Champions League.. don't they understand the basics of team movement? One of the best-coached teams, I sincerely hope they batter Burnley, Crystal Palace and co. and bloody some top six noses. My FPL team, with Ayling and Bamford, is in full support!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Hey, I gave a reasoned argument for Bellend 😂

Let me know next time you're pissed ......
#blahnose

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Swap Kane for Martial after the WBA game and you will reap the rewards 😉

Or maybe just don’t let me sink alone with him, when Man Utd continue to be useless 😂

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I'm pondering thst uselessness and moving on from Bruno, probably for Salah after Citeh.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Yeah, we're very inconsistent. It's either blank or haul.. and the ratio is 1 haul in 3 atm for Bruno? Next 3 might be good though.

Also looking at Leicester. Might be an asset or two in there.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I wouldn't touch Leicester for a while.

Has Buck ever done well in the League while having midweek matches?

Liverpool were pants after he took them to second years ago and Leicester from Xmas were woeful?

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

blahblah wrote:I wouldn't touch Leicester for a while.

Has Buck ever done well in the League while having midweek matches?

Liverpool were pants after he took them to second years ago and Leicester from Xmas were woeful?
For some reason, they're grinding out results with that stupid system meant to cover for Ndidi. Castagne is the one I'm looking at, but Pereira might be back by then.

Rogers is a cartoon lol, can never take him seriously even though he talks sense sometimes. The way he claps Image

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

They have only had 1 EL match? I'm expecting Leeds to fox them over tonight

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

I hope so! All their defenders are injured as well, might have to start Morgan and Luke Thomas. Leeds need to swarm all over them and leave Vardy alone for No-Nut November.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”