To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Konstro 18/19 RMT

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
konstro
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL- 3057 in 17/18

Re: Konstro 17/18 RMT

Post by konstro »

Looks like this will be my team for the weekend but I might still tinker a bit:
GW 23.GIF
A bit of bet-hedging and risk spreading, mostly in defence.

Out of Pope and Elliot there is no contest. Hope for Pope. I don`t think the CS is on the cards but hopefully, he might get some points for saves. It is worth noting though that he had only 3 saves when the reverse fixture was played at Old Trafford. I don`t think it indicates anything more than that I have no clue what will happen. I wouldn`t imagine in a million year that MU- Burnley game will end up in 2 all draw.

To the defence. Chelsea kept 5 CS in last 6 games. Unfortunately, due to the combination of C`s (Cold, Conte, Cahill, Circumstances) another C, Christensen only got 2 out of those 5. He played only 40 minutes in the midweek while Luiz 120 which gives me reasonable expectation that he will play this weekend. Azpilicueta also played 120 minutes so it remains to be seen what will Conte do about him. In the same period of time (last 6 GW), Brighton only scored 3 goals and this gives me big hope for another Chelsea CS. At the same time, Brighton were able to keep 3 CS and given latest Chelsea problems in attacking department coupled with few of the players playing 120 minutes in the midweek makes me bet on the 0-0 outcome, as the odds must be higher than they would be normally.This is why Dunk is in the team and Gross is on the bench. I would love the early kick-off to be most boring, tedious 0-0 ever recorded. I remember some 10 years ago Chelsea played Wigan away and this was the only game in a history of Premier league without single corner recorded. Having thought about that I think Chelsea won that game 2-0 so maybe let`s not go there. Anyway, man is planning, God is laughing. Alonso is rested and will probably spoil my party since I don`t have him. The defence is completed by Jones who plays at Burnley. I guess given that I have Pope and since Jones had bonus points in 5 out of 6 games in which United kept the clean sheet and didn`t score more than 2 goals I would love another borefest (with an occasional shot from outside of the area for Pope to collect save points). I don`t think it will happen but one can dream. :x

Midfield, anything can happen. The fact that Mili is there why Palace are away to Arsenal must pose a serious question about my team selection capability. Yet, the combination of factors (A.Being top heavy in a forward line C. Not wanting to take another hit C. Still believing that Gross will deliver at least 30 points in next 4 GW) leads to this situation. Still, if there was a moment to play Arsenal it is probably now with all the problems they have. Wilshere is their best player, and he is limping. I read that few of the defenders might be back but this paradoxically makes me more adamant to choose Mili as I could totally see rusty Koscielny fouling Zaha for another penalty. Hopefully, Milivojevic is still on them. Salah is back, although I`m still not sure if my transfer shouldn't be Mane. Sadio might join soon anyway but I decided to go for safety first. I totally agree with SP that without Salah the probability of sliding down the ranking is much higher than rising. For once I`m happy that Liverpool are playing on Monday as this gives Salah additional 48 hours to recover from his illness, I will not watch the game though as I will be in Japan on a business trip, which is not that nice. Lingard vs. Stoke return was disappointing but he had his moments and could easily end up with an assist or two. what caught my eye was where he was positioned while Martial scored his goal. He was in the 6yard box ready to pounce. Now, since I have Pope and Jones get BP while United score low what should I want? It will not happen anyway so I better just accept the outcomes. Finally, how crushing must it have been for Sterling to be totally neutralized at Anfield? He must be reeling. I hope that Pep will turn it into weapon and Rahim will get on the pitch ready to bury the bad memories by assisting Kun in the demolition of Newcastle. I quite like Newcastle so no ill feeling here, I just like FPL points more and I hope that Sterling will deliver. Although, he and Salah are so highly owned that it will not make difference anyway. This is why I would prefer him to assist Sergio.

Which takes me nicely to the penultimate chapter, heavy load attackers. SKAHK is not an abbreviation of the name of an obscure political party in a far away land that you never heard of. It is an acronym of Sergio Kun Aguero Harry Kane. The most potent force in the history of FPL. Recently the peculiar stat made it into the public domain. Kane is the 3rd striker in the history of PL (after Shearer and Henry) to score at least 20 goals in 4 consecutive seasons. The thing is that Kun is 7 goals away from joining this exclusive club as he scored 26,24 and 20 in last 3 campaigns. Even Alex Ferguson in his pomp could not dream about this sort of Strikeforce that we FPL managers have at our disposal. I would love 4 goals from each as Harry continues to work towards beating record total of 31 goals in 38 game season set up jointly by Shearer, Suarez and Ronaldo, while Sergio just wants to impress Pep so he can play because to play is what Sergio loves to do. Another unlikely scenario but boys will be boys. Never stop dreaming.

Which takes me to the last point. Captaincy. I think the news of Salah illness makes it a bit easier as a lot of people will be wary of giving him the armband. I predict that around 60% of Top 10K will give it to Kane and the rest will be divided between Salah (around 15%), Aguero (10%), Firmino (5%), Sterling (5%) and others, including Coutihno(1%, just to prove that there are dreamers bigger than I`m). The question to answer for me will be: how likely is Kane away at Southampton to outscore Aguero at home to Newcastle. At this moment I`m leaning toward Sergio. City lost their unbeaten record and had one week to reflect. They will be hungry and they will be mad. Newcastle might pay the price if there is an early goal. Although, an early goal is a bit of a cliche. Vs. Palace at home they scored the first goal in first-half added time to still finish the game with 5. So as long as it is not 0-0 going into 70th minute Newcastle are in for a long afternoon. The consensus about Southampton is that they like to keep possession, are leaky in defence and vulnerable to counter-attack, which suits Spurs very well but it is worth noting that since the beginning of December they played City(A), Arsenal(H), Chelsea (A) and United (A) and only lost 4 goals in those games. They are pretty efficient at parking the bus. Obviously, they got done for 5 at Wembley but if Pellegrino decides that avoiding another mauling is more important than getting 3 points it could easily be a low scoring affair. This is the first consideration for me and first blood goes to Sergio. If both of SKAHK deliver than it is also pretty good for me; if both blank it should still be ok as most of the people would have captain fail. The only really undesired outcome is if Kane delivers and Sergio blanks. That would have a huge impact and would mean another miserable weekend for me. I guess since I played safely with Salah I can try to be more adventurous with the captaincy.

I noticed that recently after I wrote long posts the scores were not that great so I started to be more economic. Stil the results didn`t improve. I guess what I forgot about is to have fun. Writing is fun, fpl is fun and a hobby for 99.9% of involved. Yes, there is a lot of time spent and advanced thinking involved but at the end of the day regardless of the results, the bread won`t be cheaper. So I fully intend to have fun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

Agree with your Forwards take. I have the same.
Agree with your captain take. I am doing the opposite.

But especially agree with your last paragraph. FPL is fun. Last season, at about GW 22-24 odd, I gave up on my season and stopped playing. I was at about the same rank as I am now. There were some minor personal issues last year, but so is this year - more critical in fact. And I don't even think of leaving this year. I am having fun playing FPL.

It's all about having fun. We often forget that.

Thanks to you for the post.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

That was a great read. I especially enjoyed:
konstro wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 01:55Chelsea kept 5 CS in last 6 games. Unfortunately, due to the combination of C`s (Cold, Conte, Cahill, Circumstances) another C, Christensen only got 2 out of those 5.
konstro wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 01:55 SKAHK is not an abbreviation of the name of an obscure political party in a far away land that you never heard of. It is an acronym of Sergio Kun Aguero Harry Kane. The most potent force in the history of FPL.
:lol: :lol:

Good luck this week.

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

baganboy wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 11:11 Agree with your Forwards take. I have the same.
Agree with your captain take. I am doing the opposite.

But especially agree with your last paragraph. FPL is fun. Last season, at about GW 22-24 odd, I gave up on my season and stopped playing. I was at about the same rank as I am now. There were some minor personal issues last year, but so is this year - more critical in fact. And I don't even think of leaving this year. I am having fun playing FPL.

It's all about having fun. We often forget that.

Thanks to you for the post.
Exactly as you say. Without fun, there would be quick burnout.

Best luck and hope your private stuff got sorted! Great that you decided to stick around!

Best of luck. For me, Saturday is to be or not to be. If I`m not 20 or 30 points above average today it will be another bad GW.

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

Stemania wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 11:35 That was a great read. I especially enjoyed:
konstro wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 01:55Chelsea kept 5 CS in last 6 games. Unfortunately, due to the combination of C`s (Cold, Conte, Cahill, Circumstances) another C, Christensen only got 2 out of those 5.
konstro wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 01:55 SKAHK is not an abbreviation of the name of an obscure political party in a far away land that you never heard of. It is an acronym of Sergio Kun Aguero Harry Kane. The most potent force in the history of FPL.
:lol: :lol:

Good luck this week.
I`m glad you liked it. I have my moments :)

Thanks a lot! Good luck to you too!

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

konstro wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 01:55

Which takes me to the last point. Captaincy. I think the news of Salah illness makes it a bit easier as a lot of people will be wary of giving him the armband. I predict that around 60% of Top 10K will give it to Kane and the rest will be divided between Salah (around 15%), Aguero (10%), Firmino (5%), Sterling (5%) and others, including Coutihno(1%, just to prove that there are dreamers bigger than I`m).
I didn`t think I would be so close. This is data for Top 1K, not 10K though.
Captaincy.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

As always, an interesting read. Sadly you now need to add C for concussion. He tried to limp over the 60 minute mark to give you the CS points but it was not to be.

BB, last year I’d pretty much given up by this point in time as well, first time for me in FPL. Contributions by the pair of you and a few others guarantee that this season that won’t happen and is more fun

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

Yeah, sad that seems like something always happens to him.

Suddenly I have few gaps in my team that need taking care of. Christensen needs to go and I`m really surprised by Gross being taken off before 70th minute second game in the row. Brighton and Gross were unlucky not to get on the scoresheet today so I will hold my horses but it is a bit worrying.

Thanks for good words. There is certainly a very strong group of posters that help out with getting through rough patches. I`m positive that we will celebrate great OR`s in May. For me, since I became active poster it is a great experience!

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Interesting you say that about Gross. I have held him through this lean spell and price drop hoping for a resurgence. Number 3 on my bench this week against Chelsea but I will play him next week away at Southampton.
Unless he gets injured am not planning to sell him until after GW28.
How are you using your transfers up to GW28? We both have 6 possible blankers.
Mulling over
GW25 Roll
GW26 Lingard to ??
GW27 Jones to Gomez
GW28 Alonso and Aguero to Kane and Vertonghen
and bench Stirling and Otamendi.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Not sure why I’ve been having to give you a pep talk, I see that we’ve switched ranks, my sage advice about captaining a hat trick hero coming true way sooner than I anticipated. Not only that, I don’t even have him in my team!

(By which I obviously mean, ‘well done’)

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

Oxford NZ wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 22:56 Interesting you say that about Gross. I have held him through this lean spell and price drop hoping for a resurgence. Number 3 on my bench this week against Chelsea but I will play him next week away at Southampton.
Unless he gets injured am not planning to sell him until after GW28.
How are you using your transfers up to GW28? We both have 6 possible blankers.
Mulling over
GW25 Roll
GW26 Lingard to ??
GW27 Jones to Gomez
GW28 Alonso and Aguero to Kane and Vertonghen
and bench Stirling and Otamendi.
I`m holding for now and wait for round 5 draw. From now on all transfers will be with an eye on both blanks. I would like to hold to FH, WC, TC and BB until GW 32 so I will need a lot of tinkering and a bit of luck.
Next one will be probably Christensen but if Chelsea crash out from League Cup than GW 28 is not a problem anymore.

Based on my observation Gross was very good and very unlucky not to get double figures versus Bournemouth, totally anonymous vs. WBA and pretty good vs. Chelsea and could easily end up with an assist. One thing I was bit worried is that Hughton took him off early in last 2 games. I hope it is to give him a breather after December. Anyway, I`m hoping for 2 great games out of next 4. Dunk might leave earlier as the defence looks like a total disaster.

I got Lingaard 2 weeks ago and he is disappointing for me so far but I`m happy to give him more time if he stays in first 11 after Sanchez joins. Yesterday it might as well be him who scored as he was in the area when Martial scored.

I think increasing Liverpool, Leicester and Spurs contingent will be my way to deal with GW 28 if Chelsea go through but it will mean big hole in my team for GW 31 most likely so balancing act will be needed.

How much money do you have tied up in Alonso? I`m thinking that if Chelsea would have 2 good fixtures for DGW he might be out of the box idea for Triple Captain.

Rolling transfer would not be a bad idea as I believe that should City get through as expected they might be tempted to switch Arsenal game to February. Similar to last year with Stoke. So if the transfer is rolled we might know exactly when the next dGW is taking place and have a big advantage over those who wouldn`t roll.

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 23:31 Not sure why I’ve been having to give you a pep talk, I see that we’ve switched ranks, my sage advice about captaining a hat trick hero coming true way sooner than I anticipated. Not only that, I don’t even have him in my team!

(By which I obviously mean, ‘well done’)

Thanks. One thing I`m pretty sure is that it is not the last time we swap places. With the players, you have left it still could be this GW.

I don`t know why but the moment Jesus got injured and it was confirmed I just knew I need Aguero on my team. I even took a hit to get him early. I was lucky that Morata kept misfiring and doing stupid stuff so the hit paid off. Yesterday was great. I fell asleep after Sterling disallowed goal in first half. Until that moment Aguero was invisible and I was not too sure what to expect when I woke up. It was one of those great moments for me when I realized he got hat trick. Then when I saw the first goal I felt like I finally got a bit of luck.

Anyway, looks like we have the same targets for the next of the week. It is really crazy this season but for I don`t know which time I hope that the player I own (Kane this time) will not score well. Over 55 % Captaincy really makes big difference.Salah is fine this time around as only small amount of people captained him. It would also give you nice rise in the OR if he delivers.

Best of luck with the remainder of the GW. I need Son and Firminho to blank but wouldn`t bet on it as both are in excellent form.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

konstro wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 04:42 How much money do you have tied up in Alonso? I`m thinking that if Chelsea would have 2 good fixtures for DGW he might be out of the box idea for Triple Captain.
Great diferential C Alonso well thought out.
My City assets Sterling and Otamendi, have more tied up in team value loss than Alonso as I have had them for a while.
Alonso was a recent purchase for me when I knee jerked out Vertonghen and Eriksen without thinking about the upcoming blank. (It was a bad week score wise for me but I knew when I played that strategy that it was going to happen. Knee jerked any way! Heyho).
Planning to loose Alonso to fund Kane's purchase in GW28 and then a hit to get him back (keeping Kane over Aguero after gw28 as well) for the chelsea DGW.
Restructuring again after gw28 is not ideal with my lower budget and will require a few surgical hits.
I am looking forward to the cup games being finalised so we know what to expect.

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

Long time, no see. Life got in the way and i had more pressing matters than FPL to deal with.

Last week was excellent for me and brought much needed green arrow. Unless i missed the news as of now I also have no injuries to speak of which is great bonus.

Still one day to go but I'm tempted to keep my transfer. The transfer window shuts down on Friday and who knows what will be the landscape by that time.

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

Here is the team.
Screenshot_20180130-162533.jpg

C stays on Kun. One tactical change is Mee in for Jones. Since Jones is only bringing BP when United keep CS i believe it will not happen this time so i decided to gamble on double Burnley. Rafa likes to do strange things when he fights with owners and this is perfect moment for some sort of statement due to lack of transfer activity. Burnley are almost out of the woods in terms of fixtures and i keep believing that they can have strong finish to the season. Long proved very capable understudy for either of the centre backs so Tarkowski absence doesn't need to be a big deal. If Ward is back it could be significant. I hope Pope can keep his place.

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

52 points and drop by 300 places. it looked much worse until Aguero scored his goal so I'm ok with the outcome. 2FT and I need to use them wisely. Christensen is sure to go but I might roll the 2nd transfer. I want to load heavy on Liverpool but at this moment only Salah and Firminho look like good choices. Everyone else is either out of form( Mane), rotation risk(VVD, fullbacks), not to good(Karius, Matip, midfielders) or injured(Lallana). On top of that Spurs game is next so i guess i will wait a bit. Wallcott is tempting but since i was patient with Gross and Lingaard I will give them another go given their fixtures. thankfully Christensen didn't drop which gives me another day to consider who should be his replacement.

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

My team for this week:
GW 26.GIF
Since the news about his injury, I knew that young Christensen is the next one to go. With four "ones" in the row, it is fair to say that even his mother wouldn`t believe that it is all due to bad luck and teacher conspiring against him. She wouldn`t believe that he couldn`t stay in class for a required period of time. Flu, concussion, Arsenalitis, hamstring? What next? Kidney failure? Yet, like in a Truman show, it all happened in front of our eyes. The " You couldn`t make it up" quip was invented for this sort of situations.

I had some money in the bank so went for luxury transfer and drafted in Valencia. Next 2 United games are as good as it gets and this season he scored 3 goals already so if I`m lucky I can get some nice score from him.

I will roll second transfer and see what is going on with Liverpool. My plan was to get Firminho for Aguero at week 28 but with the news of Jesus and Sane injuries, I will have to reconsider. I can`t figure out the way to get all 3 of Kane, Aguero and Firminho in the team without severely weakening my midfield. Other Liverpool options are not so enticing. Robertson would be great and I wouldn`t mind him being rotated at times but the main point of Liverpool 3 in my team would be for them to play in GW 31. There will always be 50/50 chance if he plays when Moreno is fit. Another option VVD was on the bench at Huddersfield and seems also cannot be trusted. I saw Klopp mentioned that he expects this season to be adaptation period so again I cannot see myself going for VVD. I`m sure he will score very well at times as his attacking potential is enormous but he might be rested at the most inconvenient time. Maybe Matip or Karius will be the option? Karius hardly ever makes saves though and Matip is injury prone.
I will also monitor Everton development. There might be some options there. If Theo can keep up his recent performances, he will be in most of the teams, mine including. But he is another one that will dupe you into getting him into your team only to get injured following week. With the renowned Big Sam scientific approach, there is a hope that this can be alleviated. Still, it is wait and see for me. Forgive the pun but it seems that too many a manager drafted Tosun too soon and now he is almost 0.3 down on his original price. Another one to watch though as he showed some potential.

For the captain, I will continue with "Strong and steady" choice of Aguero. .

The one decision I still need to reconsider is if I should go with Dunk or Milivojevic in my starting eleven. First world problem, if I ever have seen one. :lol:

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Nice front three, I am sure it not essential to have Kane, Aguero and Firmino all the time but just to quote a phrase "hop on hop off" when it suits.
My budget does not spread to Kane and Aguero in the same starting line up unfortunately.
I am sort of surprised you still have Gross, well done for keeping faith I hope it works out well. I dropped him for Milivojevic this week so he should do well now.
With regard to Everton, Coleman is getting back into the team and worthy of consideration. 6.4 is a big budget for a defender though but I prefer him to Valencia (who hurt me last season in the dgw's)
I would start Milivojevic over Dunk but it is a 50/50 call.
I would also captain Lingard if I had the courage but same as you I am on Aguero.
Good luck and thanks for posting your blog. ;-)

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

Thank a lot and Best of luck to you as well.

Gross for me is one of those non essential parts of the team, who also become differential due to not playing well. He and Brighton Still have 3 games and If he can deliver one double digit score i will take it. He will depart in gw 29. At this moment he is the punt that didn't work. I had Valencia as well Last season. Especially GW 34 was painful. I'm bit wary of getting Arsenal coverage this season for the Same reason. If they slip again getting CL through league position will be impossible task and Wenger might prioritize Europa.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)

Post by baganboy »

Good luck for the week.

I don't think you can have Firmino, Kane, Aguero, Sterling and Salah all at once without weakening the team elsewhere. And among the 5, perhaps Firmino is the player who potentially would hurt your team the least if you don't have him.

I see GW28 as the time when City games get tougher, and it is perhaps the best time to get in Firmino?

I will play Milivojevic over Dunk too.it is a close one though, I agree.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

There is that Gross double digit score you were wanting. Well done :-)

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)

Post by baganboy »

^ as ONZ said. Well done Konstro.

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

Thanks, guys! He is major differential this week so far.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

konstro wrote: 04 Feb 2018, 07:56 Thanks, guys! He is major differential this week so far.
He certainly is, his score alone is close to the GW average!

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

Very good week despite of captain fail. 64 points helped me to climb up to 1.7K in OR. Still have 2 FT and for the moment no injuries so pretty happy. Good transfer for a change with Valencia recording CS. Gross and Mili the heroes which gave me a lot of satisfaction due to the fact that my patience was rewarded. I don't plan any moves before Saturday so time to relax a bit.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Enjoy your well earned relaxation.:-)

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

After jumping from idea to idea I finally decided to get Walcott in for Lingaard. We will see how it goes. With diminishing minutes and lack of returns, Lingaard was always one of the first to go. For 4 weeks I had him he scored 10 points. Fair to say that he is there with Jose Fonte and Matt Ritchie for the botched transfer of the year. I wanted to keep him for Newcastle game but finally decided to cut him off one week early. I hope I won't pay for that in the short term. Long term I can see this transfer working very well.

Other transfers I considered was VVD for either Dunk or Azpilicueta or Shaqiri for Lingaard. They will likely become the reality in next few weeks as a part of the preparation for GW 31. I have 1 FT left. We will see what is going on after next week FA cup games.

For the (C); after last week showing I expect Salah to be captained by at least 60% of Top 10K which can take his effective ownership up to 150% so the safe move would be to go with him. I will be stubborn and try my luck with Kane. Given who is my differential I`m willing to take the risk.

Best of luck everyone!
GW 27.GIF

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

I too went for Lingard to Walcott, before their respective price changes. Early transfers always come back to bite me, and no sooner had I made the switch than Gomez and Alonso were flagged (even though the latter may play). Before the week starts and already with the benefit of hindsight, my defence looks weak.
I wish you well, apart from the Kane thing. I’m also up against a captained Kane in a side game and plan to hide behind the sofa until mid-afternoon!

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

79 points brings red arrow this week. 2 major decisions that I got wrong. Captain Kane out of him, Salah and Aguero coupled with Walcott rather than Shaqiri costed me quite a few points. Still OR 2.3 K is a good place to be before final assault in April and May. If I can be no worse than current position after GW 31 with 4 chips to use I will be very optimistic.

Operation GW31 didn't start too well. Walcott looked lively and was driving force for a lot of Everton offensive activities, yet the only mention in referee notebook was stupid , totally avoidable booking. My next move will be done no earlier than next Friday. I have few players that might drop in price by then an few of my targets price can rise but with CL and FA cup involvement caution needs to be excercised. With TV of almost 105 including Salah selling price of 10.2 i feel no need to take risks without all possible information available. Although even looking at last week events and absence of Alonso and Ramsey makes the conferences a bit of farce anyway.

If there are no major upsets in the cup and we have no more than 4 games in GW31 as expected I will probably end up with 8 or 9 players. I only have 1 Liverpool player at the moment so next moves are pretty straightforward. The worst case scenario is that Leicester first draw and then lose replay as that would mean both Arsenal and Leicester available with high percentage players. That would alter my strategy significantly. But for now, since there is nothing I can do about it, I intend to enjoy few days of holidays due to Chinese New Year. The next year is the year of the dog and the search for 11 top dogs continues in the earnest.

Happy Year of the Dog everyone!

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)

Post by baganboy »

Nice write up Konstro, and happy year of the dog to you too, and everyone else.
Walcott is for the long term any way. I feel okay about the hit I took to get him in, personally.
And yes, perhaps having 3 LIV for 31 is more important than having 11 players.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”