To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Konstro 18/19 RMT

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
konstro
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL- 3057 in 17/18

Re: Konstro 17/18 RMT

Post by konstro »

Things can change very quickly and your WC team looks mighty impressive so I could be catching up with you by tomorrow. Best of luck to you as well.

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

Captain fail and -4 to boot. This is why I rarely take hits. It just doesn`t work for me. I can never choose the right player.

The Roma game influenced me and I caved in. Well, the lesson had to be taught again but somehow I don`t think I will learn.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Salah played out the match as expected, but I was hoping for a blank or a real haul from him. Taking any hits for the DGW ? looks like -8 for me if Kane is looking good.
How do you see Lingard performing over the last few games in your squad? I am looking for a sub 8.2 midfielder for the DGW37 and 38

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

I don`t know about hits. There will be an increased lottery of who plays, who doesn`t. As Liverpool case showed scoring 5 in one game doesn`t guarantee anything in the next so who knows if City will be so free-scoring in the remaining games? I got burnt with taking hit again so probably just let my current team play. Which means that I will rely on United and Spurs trios delivering, otherwise it will be a freefall. Anyway, it feels to me that taking hits would be counterproductive.

I don`t know about Lingard. He started to score like crazy in December and then stopped suddenly. Who is to say he doesn`t score brace out of anywhere? Although in fairness he will probably continue to be not very good fpl-wise.

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

Things didn`t go too well. 36(-4) and 4.6 mln GW (second worst GR of the season) set me back 900 places and I`m on 1.8K going into last 2 rounds. I allowed myself to be more intuitive and brought in Jesus and Sterling for Lukaku and Salah. Looking at last GW transfers and performances it was the case of missed opportunity. Sometimes things just don`t go the right way. Verthogen could make my GW more respectful had his header go in.

Taking things into perspective; since GW 33 when I had my WC I went up from 3.6 to 1.8 ( with the usage of FH in GW 35) so not all is bad. I`m not sure as to what to expect in GW38 as it will be a pure lottery. If Liverpool loses at Chelsea they will need to beat Brighton at home so probably Salah will be back. As for GW37 after getting double CIty things look brighter so hopefully, I will have better mood next week.

dingo
Kevin and Perry

Post by dingo »

I feel the same regarding hits. Every time I've taken one this season it hasn't been worth it. The worst was taking Alonso out for a hit and he went on to score in consecutive game weeks. Big balls taking Salah out this week but should pay off. I'm going Sterling triple captain as I have 30 points to make up. Sterling is amazing at home and not sure if Pep will rest him unless he's knackered.

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

I wish I was bold enough not to bring Salah in for GW 36...haha.

I still have not decided if my triple (C) should be Kane or Sterling. I lean towards Kane. For all the frustration it was a small margin between him hauling yesterday. He is also assured of playing 180 minutes IMO. Sterling is fantastic but who knows when will be his time to rest a bit? ON the other hand City fixtures look fantastic. Few days still to ponder i guess.

Best of luck to you in your quest!

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

After decent GW 37 90(-4) I`m going into GW38 10 points behind Promised Land of 1K. I don`t think it will happen but on the other hand unless I will suffer unimaginable disaster I should finish inside Top 3K which is something I would take instantly if given in August.

I have few players that are either injured or might be rested, namely DDG, Chilwell, Barnes, Lingard, Son, Willian. On top of that I still have 3 Brighton lads which does not make for optimistic reading.

At this moment my plan is to go for Salah and Ramsey at the expense of Son and Lingard. I have to say I have hate/love relationship with owning Son as he always delivers when I drop him and there is a level of fear in doing this transfer. As for Lingard, it serves me well for trying cheap options, that he did not deliver a single goal when in my team.

Hopefully I can limp to the finish line without doing too much damage. Best of luck everyone!

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Keeping my fingers crossed for you to hit the top 1k but congratulations on your OR anyway.
I am keeping Son and Salah for the last match but I could not stand having Maguire any longer so he went for Van Dijk.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Here’s to a good last game week, and fingers crossed you get the 10 point swing that you need

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

Thanks guys for the messages. I couldn`t answer before games due to problems with the forum.

The final results are still not updated but I can already see that I will drop significantly as I`m 17 net points behind Top 10K average. I guess I will end up somewhere around 2700-2900 OR. This week decisions saved me from complete disaster but I set up myself for a fall with William, Lingard and Son becoming part-timers.

Anyway, lessons were learnt, the final result is fantastic, much higher than my initial expectations. Still room for improvement and if time allows I will be back in July ready for new adventures.

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

Well. I was a little bit off the mark. Actual final OR: 3057.

Have a great holiday everyone :) See you back in few weeks.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Congrats mate. Shame for many of us the last week or 2 didn’t go our way but that’s the game!

When does next seasons game open usually?

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

Congrats to you as well. excellent debut. Top 5K is amazing.

It will reopen around second or third week of July. there will be a lot of talk on the forum as the ID are granted on first come first served basis so there is always a bit of excitment around that. last.year i registered within an hour Since opening and had ID of 11162

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

What do you mean by ID?

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

Your team number that you see when checking history.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Is that something people care about?

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

:D The lower the better. that means you are truly into FPL. Within first day there are maybe 100 000 admissions but anything below 1000 is sort of badge of honor in some places.I'm not sure about FISO but on twitter it seems valued. For truly low number you also need to get lucky as the line are overloaded. I couldn't register my team for almost an hour Last year and ended up with 11K ID.

Maybe others will add their opinions. for me it is nice to have low id.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

FPL id 4385 and I could not get my team registered for an hour after it opened. It does not matter in the grand scheme of things but a low or unique ID would be good.
Blahblah should have 69 as his id .

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Re: Konstro 18/19 RMT

Post by konstro »

Hello everyone,

Long time, no see. Here is my pretty much first draft this year as life gets in the FPL way.
18.19 GW1.GIF
Basically the set up is to get to internationals in good shape and see what next.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Oxford NZ wrote: 15 May 2018, 06:58 FPL id 4385 and I could not get my team registered for an hour after it opened. It does not matter in the grand scheme of things but a low or unique ID would be good.
Blahblah should have 69 as his id .
I'll take that as a compliment :)

Squad looks like plenty I have seen on here, so should be ok?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Welcome back!

Looks very decent to me, no real complaints other than being suspicious of Bernado Silva's first team prospects. :D

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

don't like duffy really as a pick. and if you're going to have kabasele you may as well play him for his first fixtures before they go bad? If you'd rather not, then i'd pick a defender with good fixtures beyond week 3

team looks good apart from that

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Is there a cunning strategy behind the double Brighton pick or are they just cheap? Looks good to me although I share Ste's B Silva concerns.

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

Thanks for all the inputs.

I believe that the world cup involvement will have a big negative impact and for this reason, there are no Spurs players in my team.

Chelsea and Arsenal I`m definitely interested in but at the moment either fixtures or again World cup involvement of crucial players coupled with new managers in both clubs make it very difficult to choose but I would expect that by week 3 or 4 players from those teams will be part of the selection.

My first drafts had 2 MU players in but they are looking so unconvincing. On top of that they also have quite a few players coming back from World Cup.

Which led me to go full tilt on Liverpool and City. Bernardo, I hope he will have 2 or 3 excellent games and will be sold with slight interest by week 4 or 5 when KdB,Sterling and others are fully fit and ready to go. Mendy, I will trust the crowd and also it seems that he is a crucial enabler for tactical flexibility of Pep team so he should play if fit. Aguero showed in Charity that he is in the mood and hopefully Pep will not overcomplicate things early on. Salah is no-brainer although it is a bit sad that it basically makes the FPL 14 players game. Mane was the main Liverpool threat before Salah arrival and there is huge potential there, finally VVD should be good for few goals this season and gut feeling makes me go for him rather than Robertson.

Everton have the best fixtures and were scoring goals, even if not being solid at the back. On top of that there must be some extra optimism created based on late signings.

Brighton I think will be solid again and Stephens looks like the best choice in 4.5 M section of midfield. Duffy looks like might be heavily involved again at the corners and who knows , maybe he will get on a purple patch. Kabasele will be out of the team by week 3 or 4.

Of course, it might well be that my hypothesis is completely wrong in which case the early WC is a big part of this setup. We shall see soon.

Best of luck everyone!

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

Excellent start for me with 104 points. Only Aguero with a blank. Top 10K in first GW was not something I expected. The main point is how to take advantage of the circumstances. Also, I don`t get too ahead of myself as I remember that the season I finished outside 600K I also started strongly.

For now, I will probably keep the transfer. Chelsea are playing Arsenal while Spurs and United didn`t convince me at all despite winning their games.

Looks like City triple might not be such a good idea with the amount of rotation that is expected from Pep. Mahrez played pretty well by all accounts and had good chances but still ended up with 1 point. Who is to say that Aguero or B. Silva will not be in the same boat next week. Mendy for all his brilliance going forward looked like a weak link at the back. I will need a way to get KdB into my team while being able to keep Mane, Salah and introducing Aubameyang. One thing to look for is that Allison with his distribution might be bonus machine when Liverpool do not win by big margin.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Nice start Konstro well done.
I am thinking Aubameyang for Aguero in GW3, but KDB may be out of my reach at the moment. If Mahrez flops I have cash in the bank to do Mahrez to KDB but I think he deserves another week or so.

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

Oxford NZ wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 07:18 Nice start Konstro well done.
I am thinking Aubameyang for Aguero in GW3, but KDB may be out of my reach at the moment. If Mahrez flops I have cash in the bank to do Mahrez to KDB but I think he deserves another week or so.
Thanks a lot ONZ, you not doing too bad yourself!

My main hope is to get lucky with injuries. If I can save transfer it would give me good flexibility going into GW 3 when it looks like Chelsea or Arsenal will be must have.

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

Going in the second week with mixed feelings. All my players are ok which is a great bonus and I`m banking my transfer but there are doubts about playing time and some of my players face each other.

Five of my players will be involved in Monday game. If the opinion that Liverpool and City are the best teams is true Liverpool should dispatch Palace. But this fixture has added spice of unfortunate Hodgson spell at Liverpool and Palace being the thorn in Liverpool side for quite a few years. Palace are buzzing and my prediction would be that if they don`t get serious injury problems they will end up with more than 50 points and Top 8 finish. Without a doubt, Palace is the most difficult of first 4 GW for Liverpool so it is hard to say what Mane and Salah can get on the scoreboard. I`m also not too optimistic about VVD keeping CS but was that too happen hopefully it will be Zaha who gets on a scoresheet.

FOr CIty I hope that B Silva and Mendy continue great start. THe problem is Aguero. On one side he will most likely get a hat trick within first 5-6 game weeks, yet at the same time every week will be nervous waiting for team news and if he is going to get benched. I hope that the rumours about him being benched are not true and he scores well vs. Huddersfield. I will probably swap him for Auba regardless of tomorrow outcome.

Everton pair has a good chance to be back in the goals as Southampton were second best at home to Burnley. Tosun would be my best guess for a good haul. Watford will hopefully continue great start and will be able to hold their ground vs. tired Burnley which would mean that Kabasele will score well again.

Finally, goalkeeper choice is 50/50. WHU games vs. Bournemouth were high scoring affairs in recent years so if the trend continues hard to see high score for Fabianski but McCarthy vs. Everton stands almost no chance to keep CS in my opinion.

Brighton pair and Wan Bisaka on the bench although against common sense I believe that Brighton can get something out of United game.

Best of luck everyone!
18.19 gw2.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

konstro
Red & Blue Braces

Post by konstro »

92 points this GW and the good start continues. Although this week I ended up with red arrow. One Big mistake so far would be skipping Chelsea players. A bit of regret would be not believing in my prediction and leaving Duffy on the bench. at the Same time I was pretty Happy that i kept armband on Auguero

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”