To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TBL RMT 18/19

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

TBL RMT 18/19

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Hi all. It's good to be back again! :)

Currently on the following with 1m left in the bank..

Foster / Myhill
Lindelof / Cedric / Fernandez / Francis / Mee
Mane / Willian / Alli / Tadic / RLC
Gayle / Lukaku /Aguero

Could change quite a bit before the season starts, like a lot of teams.
Unsure still on a few players.
Hazard won't make the start of the season so is Willian pretty nailed? Would Pedro be a better option than him?
Gayle has scored in the Prem before so that cheap striker slot will probably belong to him. Will be interesting to see how Abraham does at similar price.
Happy with the goalkeepers so can set and forget that now.
Mee and Francis rotate well.
Undecided between Lindelof and Trippier.
I like Tadic in the MF with Soton's fixtures early on. Was also keen on Zaha but can't have them all!
No Kane up front. Am I crazy?!

Comments appreciated. Thanks all!
Last edited by TheBigLewandowski on 15 Jul 2018, 12:12, edited 1 time in total.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Re: TBL RMT 17/18

Post by Sutter Kane »

Lots will differ in opinion on many points above. However with WC in hand, there really isn't a massively wrong way to play it. I might avoid Kane too, WC is always there.

sjaugen
Treebeard

Post by sjaugen »

Very much like that team TBL!
Liverpool/Mane could be anything, but they have two CL qualifiers early. KDB/Man City fixtures leans me more towards him. Even with Aguero, which I also have :D
Alli is suspended from three Europa games, so he is great for PL/ well rested.
Gayle/Tadic sound to me like calculated risks. I'm not the one that knows if they are going to pay off or not. I'm on Benteke as my FWD3, so calculating a risk as well.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

I think that's a decent structure for a 3-4-3, that's very close to the one I'd probably have with that formation anyways. Hopefuly we'll have more info with the preseason friendlies regarding the 4th mid and 3rd striker. I don't really fancy Gayle there, too many times I've been burnt with picking strikers from promoted teams with decent Championship records (yes, I'm looking at you Ebanks-Blake). In that bracket I'd prefer Austin, Rodriguez, Gabbidini or even Deeney. Preseason will give us a clearer picture hopefuly

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Where I'm at presently.
Still several question marks, and plenty of chopping and changing no doubt!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 31 Jul 2017, 16:58 Where I'm at presently.
Still several question marks, and plenty of chopping and changing no doubt!
looking good

Baerardi
Treebeard

Post by Baerardi »

I'd be tempted to switch Bailly and Yoshida for Bertrand and Lindelof. Same price.

Austin I have question marks over. Haven't seen Soton play myself but reading on here that Austin has looked poor and Soton look better without him so far. Not sure on his price point so couldn't recommend anyone to replace off the top of my head.

Midfield is very, very good though, especially for the early fixtures.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Baerardi wrote: 01 Aug 2017, 23:46 I'd be tempted to switch Bailly and Yoshida for Bertrand and Lindelof. Same price.
it's a close call! Yoshida played very well last season but Bertrand more attacking?
Bailly has settled in well to the Prem IMO. We don't know yet with Lindelof?!

Austin I have question marks over. Haven't seen Soton play myself but reading on here that Austin has looked poor and Soton look better without him so far. Not sure on his price point so couldn't recommend anyone to replace off the top of my head.
agree here. But the only other options are Gayle or Abraham? This is a tough one. Still no idea,
May just go with Austin and see

Midfield is very, very good though, especially for the early fixtures.
thank you.

iamkiko
Wideboy

Post by iamkiko »

Bailly is nailed on for at least first 3 games due to his European suspension.

As a United fan, Lindelof has looked a bit 'rash' with his challenges.

With Jones also out for 2 matches (his refusal to do an immediate doping test in Europa final), he is nailed on.

Thus, Jones + Bailly should be our CBs for the first 3 or so games.

Austin isn't the most technical player and according to other Soton fans, he will play in the hole (10) behind Gabbiadini.

Not sure if he is on pens either.

The options at 6.5M striker aren't that enticing;

- Gayle -> newly promoted sides usually do well in their first few games and Benitez has ample EPL experience. He did well last year (23 goals or so?)
- Jay Rodriguez -> another promising striker, 6m. Rondon has been disappointing so he would most likely start
- Abraham -> I honestly don't know enough to comment on him.

A lot of players going for Zaha and I am on the fence about him. He was great November/December (pre-AFCON) but his form dipped post AFCON.

For Hegazi, his playtime is reliant on McAuley's injury, correct?

Also, would you not want some Man City firepower?

You have Alli and Kane, what about switching one of them out for KDB/Kun/Jesus?

Your team looks solid BTW, just nitpicking here!

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

iamkiko wrote: 02 Aug 2017, 15:25 Bailly is nailed on for at least first 3 games due to his European suspension.

As a United fan, Lindelof has looked a bit 'rash' with his challenges.

With Jones also out for 2 matches (his refusal to do an immediate doping test in Europa final), he is nailed on.

Thus, Jones + Bailly should be our CBs for the first 3 or so games.

Austin isn't the most technical player and according to other Soton fans, he will play in the hole (10) behind Gabbiadini.

Not sure if he is on pens either.

The options at 6.5M striker aren't that enticing;

- Gayle -> newly promoted sides usually do well in their first few games and Benitez has ample EPL experience. He did well last year (23 goals or so?)
- Jay Rodriguez -> another promising striker, 6m. Rondon has been disappointing so he would most likely start
- Abraham -> I honestly don't know enough to comment on him.

A lot of players going for Zaha and I am on the fence about him. He was great November/December (pre-AFCON) but his form dipped post AFCON.

For Hegazi, his playtime is reliant on McAuley's injury, correct?

Also, would you not want some Man City firepower?

You have Alli and Kane, what about switching one of them out for KDB/Kun/Jesus?

Your team looks solid BTW, just nitpicking here!
Thanks for the reply.
Good to get reassurances about Bailly. Was impressed with him last season so will keep him in my team.

Perhaps Austin > Gayle. But, Gayle hasn't started in their last 2 pre season games. Perhaps he is seen more as an impact sub? I want someone sure of starts ideally.
J'Rod I hadn't thought of, not a bad shout at all. Will have to monitor.

Zaha I really want in my team.

Hegazi could slot in for the first few games for WBA I reckon. McAuley won't make the start of season presumably, so it could be Hegazi's place for a few GWs.

Man City firepower - I agree here. How do I get KdB in that team though?!

Alli & Kane might be overkill to start with, until we see how they perform. So perhaps Alli out for KdB but I am a bit short of that! :cry:

iamkiko
Wideboy

Post by iamkiko »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 02 Aug 2017, 16:24 Thanks for the reply.
Good to get reassurances about Bailly. Was impressed with him last season so will keep him in my team.

Perhaps Austin > Gayle. But, Gayle hasn't started in their last 2 pre season games. Perhaps he is seen more as an impact sub? I want someone sure of starts ideally.
J'Rod I hadn't thought of, not a bad shout at all. Will have to monitor.

Zaha I really want in my team.

Hegazi could slot in for the first few games for WBA I reckon. McAuley won't make the start of season presumably, so it could be Hegazi's place for a few GWs.

Man City firepower - I agree here. How do I get KdB in that team though?!

Alli & Kane might be overkill to start with, until we see how they perform. So perhaps Alli out for KdB but I am a bit short of that! :cry:

Thanks for the info, didn't realize Gayle was on the bench!

Interesting developments.

I might go to Jay Rod. Ideally I want Chicharito in, post-GW3.

Hegazi worth a punt, especially for those doing an early WC.

I was in the same predicament regarding City and I went with Jesus over Kane (1m cheaper).

It made more sense for me to do Alli/Jesus (20m) vs Kane/KDB(21.5m).

Allowed me to spread funds in a better fashion but alas it's all mental gymnastics at this point.

Spurs have looked pants in pre-season and Jesus hasn't scored yet (and missed a sitter) so I am confident I will change my mind in the next week...

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

I am 0.5 short of Alli > KdB which is rather frustrating. Don't even know how I would get him in now. I think the 2 Spurs is too much to start the season with now :|

iamkiko
Wideboy

Post by iamkiko »

You could always downgrade one of your 4.5 defenders to a 4.0 such as Rangel or Mason from Watford (I heard good things about him) and free up 0.5.

Effectively means you will need to play 3 at the back and rotate accordingly..

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

iamkiko wrote: 02 Aug 2017, 16:43 You could always downgrade one of your 4.5 defenders to a 4.0 such as Rangel or Mason from Watford (I heard good things about him) and free up 0.5.

Effectively means you will need to play 3 at the back and rotate accordingly..
I could downgrade Mee to either of those you have mentioned. Thanks
Think I would be scared of having no Man City coverage - so probably a worthwhile move!

iamkiko
Wideboy

Post by iamkiko »

Mee is a decent option as they play CHE, TOT, LIV away in their first 5 games.

Still, they have an exceptional home record but I am not sure if it will continue without Michael Keane at the back.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

This is the below presently
Wary of the WBA double up. Could be a disaster?
Austin. Hasn't looked great pre season. Will he start?
Also my bench is weak with potentially 2 non playing defenders?
Thanks all
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 05 Aug 2017, 12:07 This is the below presently
Wary of the WBA double up. Could be a disaster?
Austin. Hasn't looked great pre season. Will he start?
Also my bench is weak with potentially 2 non playing defenders?
Thanks all
there game against Sevilla Austin doesn't start so guess he wouldn't be a starter for the opening game

I know KDB is the MC player to have but what you think about Silva would free up funds for weak bench

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Yeah Austin is out of my team now. Better just sticking with Southampton defensive assets.

I really don't want to lose KdB! Think he is going to have a really good season.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Well guys, I think I'm fairly settled on the below for the main.
But, still a few thoughts.
I am not convinced about the 3rd cheap striker slot with the budget price point.
Gabbiadini burned me last season, reluctant to go there again which is why Rodriguez is in below.
If I was to go to a more expensive 3rd striker it would mean compromises elsewhere. I like that midfield and defence, though not entirely convinced with the WBA double up. But what else is there at that price point?
Thanks! :)

fred1266
Dumbledore

Post by fred1266 »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 16:03 Well guys, I think I'm fairly settled on the below for the main.
I am not convinced about the 3rd cheap striker slot with the budget price point.
Gabbiadini burned me last season, reluctant to go there again which is why Rodriguez is in below.
If I was to go to a more expensive 3rd striker it would mean compromises elsewhere. I like that midfield and defence, though not entirely convinced with the WBA double up. But what else is there at that price point?
like everyone am struggleing with 3rd stiker spot so i decided to get Firmino to replace Salah if you do the same then you can get a someone like Tadic for the midfield also aren't you concerned about if Baily playing

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

I am not concerned by Baillys playing time tbh Fred, since him and Valencia were both excellent last season I felt. His European ban won't affect his PL playing time surely?

fred1266
Dumbledore

Post by fred1266 »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 16:14 I am not concerned by Baillys playing time tbh Fred, since him and Valencia were both excellent last season I felt. His European ban won't affect his PL playing time surely?
i was just watching the pairing during preseason but saw he played a back 3 last night, i personally wouldn't chance it but hope it works out for you

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 16:14 I am not concerned by Baillys playing time tbh Fred, since him and Valencia were both excellent last season I felt. His European ban won't affect his PL playing time surely?
The general consensus on United's defence is that Bailly and Valencia look the most nailed on players, I think you're safe with Bailly but Valencia is well worth the extra 0.5m on him IMO

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

fred1266 wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 16:11
TheBigLewandowski wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 16:03 Well guys, I think I'm fairly settled on the below for the main.
like everyone am struggleing with 3rd stiker spot so i decided to get Firmino to replace Salah if you do the same then you can get a someone like Tadic for the midfield also aren't you concerned about if Baily playing
Thanks for the suggestion, fred.

I'm left with the choice of
a) Salah & Rodriguez
b) Firmino & Tadic

I still don't have great faith in the budget striker slot tbf! :|

fred1266
Dumbledore

Post by fred1266 »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 16:41

a) Salah & Rodriguez
b) Firmino & Tadic

u choose B cause i have Firmno :)

the only good thing about having firmno is that soon as a 7 and below striker comes available there an easy switch

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

fred1266 wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 17:41

a) Salah & Rodriguez
b) Firmino & Tadic

the only good thing about having firmno is that soon as a 7 and below striker comes available there an easy switch
That's a good point. Whereas if I stick with Rodriguez then I will have to squeeze out from elsewhere, possibly 2 transfers.

fred1266
Dumbledore

Post by fred1266 »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 18:15
fred1266 wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 17:41

a) Salah & Rodriguez
b) Firmino & Tadic

That's a good point. Whereas if I stick with Rodriguez then I will have to squeeze out from elsewhere, possibly 2 transfers.
yea most likely 2 transfers but WBA does have an easy game so i can see the temptation by him

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Hello folks - it has been a while! :mrgreen: :oops: :lol:
Time for an update anyway.
This is where I'm at..

OR 441k
Squad Value 98.6
In the bank 2.2

Doing ok. Took my first hit of the season in the GW just past.
Will be taking another this week probably.

- I really want a Liverpool attacker this week, but which one? I think Salah is the stand out option, but Coutinho and Firmino could also score well. Seems a bit like a lottery?
Firmino hasn't any returns in 6 league games though. Salah it is I reckon. It's just whether I (c) him also, which I am leaning towards presently. So will probably be Antonio > Salah

- Need an update on Phil Jones. I could always bench him if he's only going to be out for a couple of games? That would coincide nicely with their next 2 fixtures. If he's out and the news isn't great, I may just shift him out for Maguire or Dann? :?

- Choupo-Moting and Gross ticking along nicely in midfield, but Richarlison sure does look tempting! Can't have them all I guess. Zaha and Ritchie look good too. Seems to be plenty of options in that cheap midfield category! :)

Still have the Wildcard which is good, to sort out any issues down the line a bit more.

fred1266
Dumbledore

Post by fred1266 »

aren't you worried about VArdy

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Less, ‘worried about Vardy’. My observation is that it’d be easier to field a couple more players from the top teams by downgrading him. For example, he’s better than Abraham, who I have. But I think that the cash saved goes further in midfield and defence

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”