To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

WonkyPenguin

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

WonkyPenguin

Post by wonkypenguin »

Thoughts? Midfield too weak?

Foster, (Myhill)
Trippier, Lindelof, Ake, (Mee), (Stankovic)
Alli, Coutinho, Zaha, Knockaert, (OriolRomeu)
Kane, Lacazette/Jesus, Defoe

Which just about works as a 433...

Foster (Myhill)
Trippier, Lindelof, Ake, Mee, (Stankovic)
Alli, Coutinho, Zaha, (Knockaert), (OriolRomeu)
Kane, Lacazette/Jesus, Defoe
Last edited by wonkypenguin on 18 Mar 2018, 00:14, edited 1 time in total.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: RMT please

Post by Mav3rick »

I think if you genuinely expect to play a 433 then you'd need a stronger 5th defender there. I'd say you've picked a solid 343 though.

I would be tempted to look at the 5.0 defenders just as a way of saving yourself 0.5 that would allow Coutinho :arrow: Mane for flexibility in that key position.

Defoe is a player who has made my front line too, I think he's a good option for 8.0, but that is an awkward price point. I'm certainly keeping an eye on any 6.5-ish strikers that could take the spot, and equally any 5.5-6.5 mids that stand out.

Baerardi
Treebeard

Post by Baerardi »

For the starting weeks, I'd agree with Mav's point that the fifth defender could be stronger. I'd be tempted to take out Defoe for Gabbiadini for the first few weeks given Soton's strong fixtures.

I think there's better options out there than Knockaert too. But, any midfield with Alli, Coutinho and Zaha should do well this year IMO.

Overall, a good draft selection.

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

Cheers for the feedback :) I'd completely forgotten about Gabbiadini... good call, esp with the opening 5 fixtures. That would leave me with a million to tweak as we go along, and allow a switch to Mane if he gets off to a flyer. Re: Knockaert, the only other to catch my eye at that price point was Gundogan, but as I was aiming for 343, was worried about his game time due to City midfield roulette :(

Edit: Hrm, Snodgrass maybe.

sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Post by sunbather »

I wondered how the midfield was so good and then realised no Lukaku. You happy with that? Will be heavily captained so you could start off behind the pack if he gets a brace or something like that.

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

sunbather wrote:I wondered how the midfield was so good and then realised no Lukaku. You happy with that? Will be heavily captained so you could start off behind the pack if he gets a brace or something like that.
I'm more worried about not having Sanchez again... burned badly last year!

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

Round and round in circles, and I've ended up here.

Foster (Elliot)
Ake, Yoshida, Danilo (Mee), (Long)
De Bruyne, Alli, Fabregas, Zaha, (Obiang)
Lukaku, Jesus, Chicharito

.5 ITB

Thoughts? Should I just give up and go back to draft 1? :mrgreen:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Nope, Stank is fooked.

There are loads of 5.5m and unders: dump Fab and beef up the defence. Or dump Kdb too and join those of us with Kane, Lulu and Jesus

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

So after a few months my team feels like a mess. Started off OK, but now every week seems to get worse... I think I may have overspent on the midfield to the detriment of other areas. What would you change? Is it a simple as getting rid of Ramsey for a couple of weeks, or should I be taking a hit or two and doing some rework?

TIA

Hennesey (Speroni)
Azpilicueta Jones Ward (Maguire) (Long)
Salah Sane Hazard (Ramsey) LoftusCheek
Jesus Morata Wilson

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

wonkypenguin wrote: 16 Dec 2017, 21:46 So after a few months my team feels like a mess. Started off OK, but now every week seems to get worse... I think I may have overspent on the midfield to the detriment of other areas. What would you change? Is it a simple as getting rid of Ramsey for a couple of weeks, or should I be taking a hit or two and doing some rework?

TIA

Hennesey (Speroni)
Jesus Morata Wilson
I would concentrate on your forward line which I think is your real weakness although you may also have to shift Ramsey on.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

wonkypenguin wrote: 16 Dec 2017, 21:46
Hennesey (Speroni)
Jesus Morata Wilson
Hennesey :arrow: Adrian or Hart depending on the one who is most likely to play the DGW
Azpi :arrow: Christensen
Ramsey :arrow: Zaha or Arnautovic
Jesus :arrow: DCL
Kane for the DGW if not Kane then a Spurs mid of your choice.

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: 16 Dec 2017, 22:06 I would concentrate on your forward line which I think is your real weakness although you may also have to shift Ramsey on.
OK, thinking of patching with Wilson -> Firminho and Hazard -> Sterling for a single hit (I have exact money). That will mean I play RLC this week and decide on Ramsey later.

Madness?

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

wonkypenguin wrote: 17 Dec 2017, 23:20
Aldershot Rejects wrote: 16 Dec 2017, 22:06 I would concentrate on your forward line which I think is your real weakness although you may also have to shift Ramsey on.
OK, thinking of patching with Wilson -> Firminho and Hazard -> Sterling for a single hit (I have exact money). That will mean I play RLC this week and decide on Ramsey later.

Madness?
It depends. Do you have any plan of where you might like to be in 5 weeks time? I would start there and then work out how you might get there.
Having said that, I would be more tempted to do Jesus to Firmino and Ramsey to Stirling, if that is affordable. But whatever you do, sort out what you want your team to look like in a few weeks time.

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

Goalkeepers... So after getting burned with Elliot when I had a spare free, I've ended up back in the 2xPalace camp. After the thrashing yesterday, I'm getting a little nervous about their GW 28-32 run. I'm unlikely to use the wildcard until after that run, so the question is should I just be brave and stick with it, or take another hit to move Speroni on. And if the latter, where should I be looking (funds will be tight!)

Edit: And thanks all for the earlier advice... at a point now where I am Morataless, and for the most part happy with my team! :)

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

Well my gamble on Obiang the other week worked well :I

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

GW32 wildcard

Post by wonkypenguin »

So without Aguero/Kane available, I am looking at spreading the pennies around. Dumb idea? Am I just giving myself selection problems? :) Should I be spending less on M5 (Son/Mkhi) and bringing in a Lukakku/Aubumayang/Jesus type striker?

Anyone here you wouldn't fancy for the run-in?

Hennessey Karnezis
Azpilicueta Aurier Kompany Robertson Tomkins
Salah Sterling D.Silva Son Mkhitarian
Firmino Vardy Tosun

(0.3ITB)

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Re: WonkyPenguin

Post by No Way Jose »

Team there looks good. I’d be wary of city rotation, especially given kompany is injury prone. I’d swap him for smalling personally

On your WC I’d say the extra cash for upgrading 1 of the two keepers to a Fabianski or pope would be worthwhile

Wouldn’t be too worried about your striker situation. Auba and Lukaku are the big winners atm but vardy and firmino have good fixtures and could match them for cheaper

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

Thanks... I like the smalling idea, it gives me a few extra pennies to spend on the keeper. Plenty of time to think about it! :)

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

I’d be tempted to give yourself an easy ‘in’ to one of the top strikers. As it is, all 8 Mid/Att are playable but one always has to be benched. Who is that player for you? Perhaps save a little there to be able to move from Firminho to (say) Aubameyang/similar for the DGW. Until then, keeping Firminho makes sense

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

Argh. That time of year again where we all have to guess! Initial thought is to go "striker lite" this year as the Zaha/Arnie reclassifications are great IMHO :)

First draft...

Fabianski / Adrian
Azpi / Coleman / Bellerin / Tarkowski / Daniels
De Bruyne / D.Silva / Eriksen / Mhkyi / Pogba
Zaha / Arnie / Murray
0.5 ITB

Expectation is 352/343 all season.

Rip it apart! :)

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Pogba and KDB will probably miss round 1 or 2 so I’d replace him. Arnie’s fixtures with west ham are tough

I think cheap strikers are always gambles so 3 could be tough but arnie and zaha were great as you say

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

And Burnley could well be in the EL Groups stages.

And Spurs have a LOT of players going deep in the WC, so another plague.....

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Arnie/Murray > Wood/Tosun? Both have a better set of opening fixtures.

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

Thanks all. Ripped it up and having another attempt :)

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

Advice followed! At least until I rip it up and do it all again this weekend! :)

Thanks all!

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Strategic Thinking Cavern (18/19)

Post by wonkypenguin »

Don't laugh, but I've decided to be reckless and go Salah-less. If I don't include him, I just see gaps everywhere that I can't plug. Decided to skip the super-premiums (Aguero excluded) and gone with a lot of similar priced players that hopefully makes it easy to swap people in and out without hits (Davies/Trippier/Bellerin, D.Silva/Alli/Pogba if he stays, Arnie/Rashford + Auba etc). The only thing locked down is the 2xEverton GK

I'm fully expecting a GW2 wildcard to rectify my mistake(s)! :D

#nomorechanges ???

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Why Erik if WC'ing so soon? Even if he starts, it will be with a load of kids?

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

blahblah wrote: 08 Aug 2018, 07:02 Why Erik if WC'ing so soon? Even if he starts, it will be with a load of kids?
The W/C thing wasn't serious... more tongue in cheek if week 1 is a complete fail and I panic :)

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

But good point re: Eriksen... maybe I should just bring him in GW2/3 and start with someone else.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

wonkypenguin wrote: 08 Aug 2018, 13:02 But good point re: Eriksen... maybe I should just bring him in GW2/3 and start with someone else.
8-) 8-) 8-)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”