To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Useless Generation RMT

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
silversurfer19
Treebeard

Useless Generation RMT

Post by silversurfer19 »

Hey guys, been playing the game for a number of years, and while my ranking is generally improving (up to top 20,000 last season), I always struggle getting my team even close to right off the bat, instead going by past glories and hoping they reproduce for another year. Hoping a little push in the right direction from some of you may help me this time around. I've tried to spread the wealth of my midfield, just see so much value in that area, and feel it gives me plenty of options. I stick rigidly to a 3-4-3 formation so having 5 solid midfielders with plenty of room for value improvement seems a sensible option for me. Any comments appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: Useless Generation RMT

Post by Mav3rick »

The strike force looks good to me, price points are good and allow the acquisition of most players, except Ibrahimovic.

Defence is maybe a touch over priced, but all the players look solid selections and would allow you to play a 4 man defence on occasion.

The issue really is in midfield, with the spread of cash (for me) being too even. Id prefer one of your 7.5s at least being upgradable to an 8.5 mid at least (even if you keep cash in the bank). Three 7.5s obviously implies that you have to pick the third best 7.5 mid (or someone cheaper) which may work but for me is too reliant on more expensive mids not firing.

I think id cut 1.0 at least from the defence or from Feghouli (who will be on your bench most weeks) and just bank the cash if you're happy with the three 7.5 mids.

One thing I'd be wary of is captaincy options, you can certainly captain Aguero every week (not a bad idea) however I think you may find that you're missing the top captaincy picks from the likes of Spurs or maybe even west Ham and Chelsea over the first five or six GWs.

silversurfer19
Treebeard

Post by silversurfer19 »

Thanks for the imput, advice I will certainly take on. May look into downgrading Feghouli to someone like Leko, and maybe keep the cash in the bank and see who looks like starting the season with a bang. Can use to possibly upgrade Tadic to Alli, and with a little shuffling maybe Ozil or Payet. All of which helps with captaincy issues rightfully raised.

I do really like the look of Mirallas too but not sure where to fit him in at the moment. Great price though and certainly one I'm keeping an eye on as think he could explode this season with renewed confidence.

Appreciate the help.

silversurfer19
Treebeard

Post by silversurfer19 »

Getting closer to a team I'm happy with.

By removing Fabregas, who seems to possibly now be a not certain starter, Feghouli and Tadic, and replacing with Leko, Townsend and Mahrez, I feel the balance is certainly getting better, and allowing me to jump onto more premium players if and when they hit form. Plan is to go with Mahrez initially for the first game and then see how it plays out before jumping onto Payet. Gives me much more options captain-wise too. Now that Stones to city is finally on too it will free up an Everton spot which I will use if Townsend doesn't hit the ground running. Deulofeu has been playing as a false 9 in pre season games, while Mirallas seems rejuvinated under Koeman as well as being on set pieces. Still very satisfied with my defence and keepers, think they are all very capable starters with kind fixtures. Starting to get excited for the season now!

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

You have a lot of defender money on the bench.....

silversurfer19
Treebeard

Post by silversurfer19 »

True, Baines is an expensive sub for the first game, but I'm planning a little further ahead than the Tottenham fixture which will be a tough one. Plus this team isnt set in stone, more the squad itself.

silversurfer19
Treebeard

Post by silversurfer19 »

Taken a sledgehammer to my team, as getting closer to the start of the season has revealed little improvement as of yet for Everton while a lack of pre-season for some players has me edging towards players who seem to be in form. Not completely sold on Feghouli yet as he may not be a definite starter, but could quite easily become Redmond (though also uncertain to start and not wanting to double up on Southampton midfield). Also still considering Targett instead of Kone in defence, looked strong against Bilbao and should start the first game at least.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

You're putting a lot of faith in Middlesborough's defence which is untried at this level; also in Southampton's attack which is also untested at this level without Mane and Pelle. Feels a bit risky to me. Other than that, whilst one might question individual choices depending on one's preferences, it looks like a well balanced side, pretty safe side. Certainly wouldn't go with a third Saints player.

silversurfer19
Treebeard

Post by silversurfer19 »

Refreshing this RMT as need a little help for this weekend. Have 2 FT and unsure what to do. Current team post WC is

Pope/ Elliot
Ward/ Azpilucueta/ Maguire/ Duffy/ Fernandez
Hazard/ Eriksen/ David Silva/ Chuopo-Moing/RLC
Kane/ Jesus/ DCL

Would probably like to get in Salah this weekend for his good run of fixtures, but unsure who to remove. Could take out Eriksen, but reluctant with his excellent fixture next week, so leaning towards Hazard despite him having Bournemouth thid weekend. His fixtures following are a little tricky and I think long term I'd rather have Morata as my attacking Chelsea player.

Was thinking maybe Jesus out for Morata but after Aguero's 120 mins the other night feel he is more secure this weekend. If I bring Salah in, will probably captain him. Don't really want to burn a free transfer either, would feel wasteful.

Any thought would be appreciated.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

I am in a similar situation myself. I think it depends on your forward plan, for instance do you need to release budget for Jesus :arrow: Lukaku in GW12? And would you rather have Eriksen or Alli + 0.3/0.4m going forward?

Your team looks in good shape right now to me so I'd be considering Eriksen :arrow: Salah/Coutinho this week followed by Hazard :arrow: Alli/Eriksen next week. Sounds wasteful but as you have 2 FTs and nothing else needed it probably isn't. Having Hazard bou seems a fair bit better this week than Eriksen mun especially as Hazard does like playing Bournemouth.

silversurfer19
Treebeard

Post by silversurfer19 »

Thanks for the imput. Yes, I intend to switch Jesus to Lukaku in GW12, and was planning on using the Hazard downgrade to fund it. I was taking a chance on Hazard for a couple of fixtures without really expecting too much from him, but he has looked in good shape which has made me pause over removing him this weekend as originally planned. And indeed, Eriksens fixture is not the kindest this week and Kane is more than enough Spurs for it.

But yes, I was a little hesitant due to the idea of wasting a transfer for just one weekend. But I suppose with two up my sleeve and no real urgency to switch anything else around yet, its a move with little to fear, I guess. Still unsure on whether I go with Alli or Eriksen long term. The extra money is certainly making me think Alli may be the way to go, and indeed I had him earlier in the season pre-wildcard. But his form had been so woeful I plumbed for the more reliable Eriksen on WC, and while I believe Eriksen is the better player overall, if Alli is regaining some form along with the added budget, its certainly something to think about if I follow your idea for the next couple of weeks.

silversurfer19
Treebeard

Post by silversurfer19 »

Planning is entering the final stages for GW31 and the remainder of the season. Trying to figure out who to select with my next couple of free transfers over the next two weeks. Originally I was set on bringing Lossl in for the next three games prior to wildcarding in GW33, but now I'm having second thoughts. Current team as follows:

Pope/Adrian
Azpilicueta/ Otamendi/ Daniels/ Duffy/ Davies
Salah/ Mane/ Walcott/ Arnautovic/RLC
Kane/ Firmino/ Wilson

I was considering Lossl due to their favourable fixtures leading up to GW33, but then noticed I would be struggling for a decent defence in GW32, while my keepers are OK. So my thinking now is to replace a defender with Schindler. Initially was thinking Duffy, but now contemplating Azpilicueta as don't really want to play him in GW32 before wildcarding. Doing so would allow me to upgrade RLC for a playing mid in GW31 such as Shaqiri or Pritchard. However, for this to happen I will probably hold for a week as Azpilicueta has Palace at home this weekend. So basically the decision is do I swap Azpilicueta next week in a double move, or should I just swap Duffy this week for Schindler and go for a lesser player next week. Decisions, decisions...

jazzyb69
FISOhead
FS Record: Best ever season 2009/10 = 2,432 points 1,385th. Best ever week total = 188 (2016/17 season)

Post by jazzyb69 »

Hi silversurfer19,

If I've understood you correctly, you're planning on wildcarding in GW33. If so, I just wondered if you've considered using it in GW32 straight after the blank in GW31. That way, you can just bring in a couple more players who will play that week (including Lossl) and not worry at all about who you have in your team in GW32. That's certainly my plan and I have just transferred in Lossl this week.

Good luck in whatever you choose to go with and with the rest of your season.

silversurfer19
Treebeard

Post by silversurfer19 »

Hmm, to be honest I hadn't given Gw32 wildcard a second thought, I have been pretty set on wildcarding into the DGW for quite a while, but perhaps this may be a possible route. However, doing that removes any opportunity to bring in Shaqiri without removing Arnautovic, something I'm not overly keen on. Will have to think it over, but certainly a possibility. Thanks for the input!

silversurfer19
Treebeard

Post by silversurfer19 »

Decided in the end to do a pretty straightforward Duffy to Schindler which had already paid off thanks to Huddersfield's clean sheet yesterday. Still got three players to go including Kane (c), so should be a decent week and probable healthy green arrow.

Now is the difficult decision on what to do next week. Do I just stick with what I have, save the transfer and have 7 players for GW31, or do I do one or two transfers. I am still preferring to wildcard in GW33, as it gives me an extra week to determine who I want for the DGWs, and if that is the case I'd probably benefit from 2FT.

However, there are a couple of players who intrigue me for next week, Shaqiri and Zaha. To afford either of them I have to either remove Arnie, (which given his Gw32 fixture I'd rather not) or do a - 4 involving removing Azpilicueta and RLC. Just not sure if either idea is worth the punt. I could even just do one transfer and bring in PVA, but all these moves aren't ideal for a Gw33 wildcard. So do I just go ahead with the WC in Gw32? So many different ways to go, so may have to play around with some ideas for the next few days and see if I can reach an epiphany.

silversurfer19
Treebeard

Post by silversurfer19 »

Wildcard active for Gw32, and until a couple of hours ago I was all set on some Arsenal and Swansea assets, but have had to do a little play around to get something worthwhile for DGW34 and beyond. Current squad as below:

De Gea/Pope
Azpi/Davies/Smalling/Chilton/Lowton
Salah/Mahrez/Willian/Stanislas/Stephens
Lukaku/Vardy/Firmino

Leaves me with 13 doublers and 2 Liverpool. The fixture announcement has moved me away for Aubemayang and back on Lukaku for the first time in 20 weeks or so, while I am also for the moment on a UTD double up backline. Not convinced Smalling is a staple of the UTD defence, but not really sure where else I want to go. Had to drop Otamendi to bring him in, but with City's potential for rotation and no DGWs for a while, it felt the right time to move him on. Also a little uncertain on Willian, not sure if I want to do a Stanilas/Willian or Ibe/Son. One to mull over I guess. Front line looks strong, hope it pays off.

silversurfer19
Treebeard

Post by silversurfer19 »

Got myself into a little bit of a conundrum this week so would appreciate any input from you guys into potential directions to take.

Played my WC in Gw32, drafting in Mkhi to fabulous effect, somehow managed to scramble a green arrow and into the top 1500 this week largely thanks to Azpilicueta, but now have to decide where to go. Team as stands is:

De Gea/ Pope
Azpilicueta/ Mustafi/ Tarkowski/ Lowton/ Morgan
Alli/ Mahrez/ Willian/ Ibe/ Kenedy
Aubameyang/ Kane/Vardy

That gives me 12 doubles currently. Already used my free transfer bringing in Alli for Mkhi, but considering whether its worth bringing in Lukaku for a - 4. I would probably captain him in a bench boost, or maybe hold the BB til GW37 and triple captain him. Just not sure my bench is strong enough for the BB this week as its effectively Pope, Ibe, Mustafi and Kennedy, so just the two DGW players and a couple of players facing off against each other. Plenty to decide but any input would be appreciated.

GoonerShillz
Wideboy

Post by GoonerShillz »

silversurfer19 wrote: 09 Apr 2018, 12:28 Got myself into a little bit of a conundrum this week so would appreciate any input from you guys into potential directions to take.

Played my WC in Gw32, drafting in Mkhi to fabulous effect, somehow managed to scramble a green arrow and into the top 1500 this week largely thanks to Azpilicueta, but now have to decide where to go. Team as stands is:

De Gea/ Pope
Azpilicueta/ Mustafi/ Tarkowski/ Lowton/ Morgan
Alli/ Mahrez/ Willian/ Ibe/ Kenedy
Aubameyang/ Kane/Vardy

That gives me 12 doubles currently. Already used my free transfer bringing in Alli for Mkhi, but considering whether its worth bringing in Lukaku for a - 4. I would probably captain him in a bench boost, or maybe hold the BB til GW37 and triple captain him. Just not sure my bench is strong enough for the BB this week as its effectively Pope, Ibe, Mustafi and Kennedy, so just the two DGW players and a couple of players facing off against each other. Plenty to decide but any input would be appreciated.
I’m in a similar situation to you and think I’m set on bringing in Lukaku for -4 and TCing him. BB37. My BB this week would include Monreal and Dummett and not confident Monreal will even play. Would rather BB when I have potentially 15DGW’s

silversurfer19
Treebeard

Post by silversurfer19 »

Having thought it over for a couple of days, I have come to the conclusion that I will be playing my BB this week. If I switch Auba out for Lukaku this week as planned I will have 13 doublers, with just Mustafi and Kennedy as my SGW players. Not perfect, but on the flip side I currently only have 11 DGWs for GW37, and after the FH35 will only have 2 free transfers to set myself up for BB37. That would give me the same amount of players for this week, but the players I would have to remove to increase my pool of DGW BBers would have to be my Burnley contingent or Ibe, none of whom will be able to become Manchester City players, who I will probably want for the DGW. Therefore, in order to bring City players in, it will probably be at the expense of another DGW player. Therefore it would be best to keep my DGW37 team as just 11 and use GW34 for the BB. Add to this I prefer Kane as my triple captain, I think it certainly points me in this direction.

Now comes the decision regarding Lukaku. It would be a four point hit to bring him in this week, though with the extra game on Auba that is essentially a - 2 max. So, with such a negligible difference, I have to just decide whether going forward Lukaku is a better option than Auba. On current form, Auba is playing well and scoring a goal or so a game. Yet, as an Everton fan, I long know Lukaku to be a flat track bully, and with favourable fixtures and especially West Ham on the horizon, probably his favourite team to play against, I am leaning towards him. I'm also still unconvinced by Arsenal despite Auba's form, and feel a team like Newcastle could quite certainly shut them out, not to mention Utds defence in GW36, so that also has to be a factor.

Will wait for final pressers as I think I have another day before prices will force my move, but feel like I have talked myself into the move, but would appreciate any opinions to the contrary.

silversurfer19
Treebeard

Post by silversurfer19 »

Final night thoughts, I think I've moved away from the BB again for this weekend. Just not seeing much upside from Pope, Ibe, Mustafi and Kenedy. Starting to fancy maybe even going for a GW36 BB. My team is pretty much set up for that week and my 15 will have decent fixtures (comparing my four subs this weekend to my three Burnley at home to Brighton and Ibe away to Southampton), so I may indeed be swaying towards BB36 despite no DGW. May have to sleep on it.

silversurfer19
Treebeard

Post by silversurfer19 »

Obviously only half way through the DGW, but I am already planning for GW38, and specifically to Salah or not. In order to get him in, I will need to lose either Alli or Willian, and for a hit. There are a couple of ways to go about this;

Willian & Vardy - > Salah & Ayew (or Rondon/ anyone up to £6.6m)
Alli & Kenedy - > Salah & Carroll (SWA)

As I say, both for a -4. I'm very wary of what Salah may do in the final game, and with my main ml rival having him already and we are neck and neck on points, I want to give myself as good as chance as possible to maintain my position.

The alternative I suppose is to forgo Salah and the - 4 entirely and maybe go for Firmino in place of Vardy instead?

Still a long way to go in this GW though where plenty may change, and I have no real concerns over price changes so I can afford to wait a while, but I thought it a good idea to put some thoughts out there.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

My thoughts are exactly the same. Very tough call

Vardy to firmino no hit

Or a hit to raise funds for alli/son to salah, using vardy as a makeweight most likely. If arnautovic is out then could make sense to do vardy to very cheap and Arnie to salah

silversurfer19
Treebeard

Post by silversurfer19 »

Having looked at your team, while we have a few different players, we seem to be in a similar position in regards to our midfielders. There are a lot of potential rotation issues. So I think, which is the way I am leaning at the moment, the best idea may be to keep hold of Alli. Whether that means going for Salah or not is still debatable, but I feel the security of Alli over the likes of Son, Silva and Arnie for you (and Willian, Ibe and the unavailable Kenedy for me) should not be underestimated.

For me that means I am leaning more towards either option A, removing Willian and Vardy, or swapping Vardy for Firmino. In your position, I'd probably be in agreement that it would be a good idea to remove Arnie if injured, or again the Vardy to Firmino move and forgo Salah.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Yeah all makes sense. Neither of us need to be in a rush though which is good. Hopefully press conferences help us out

silversurfer19
Treebeard

Post by silversurfer19 »

Still struggling to decide which way to go with the final game week. Do I play safe, swap Vardy out for Firmino and hope that is enough to maintain a 12 point lead in my mini league and a place in the top 2000. Or do I take a hit for Salah and Ayew and captain Salah. Not really convinced with other captaincy options at the moment and Ayew would be up for it, I hope. Is that option worth the - 4?

silversurfer19
Treebeard

Post by silversurfer19 »

Update for the 2018/19 season

Realised I haven't used this thread so far this season but thought it time to make some notes.

I had started the season pretty well, definitely my best start ever, but had been hovering around the 30k mark for a while without really making any ground. Since the start of the season I have earmarked GW9 as wildcard time, and until this weekend that was still the plan. However, after making two transfers to get rid of players either 'injured' or not starting (Mendy and Tosun), I found myself with a - 4 and still not very happy with my team. So Friday night I started thinking. Why was I holding two Liverpool players for two very difficult fixtures just so I could WC in GW9? If I really wanted them in from GW9 onwards, why not wildcard them out now and then save two transfers to allow me to start adding the Liverpool players back in from GW9? That way, I would have a good team with players I would probably want on my GW9 wildcard a couple of weeks early (plus saving on potential price rises), who for the most part had good fixtures in the next two games anyway. I seemed to be hinging everything on Liverpool players. It seemed nonsensical.

So, despite losing out on a few price rises over the week, I did what I have never done before in almost a decade of playing FPL. I played my wildcard on the morning of a new game week. Luckily, I knew for the most part the players I would want on a wildcard, so though there was no official 'planning', I knew the structure I wanted and the players to facilitate that structure. I also knew that to potentially get Salah back in for GW9 I had to have the transfers available and the players to sell to achieve it. So, while it was a little last minute, it didn't feel panicked.

Anyway, WC button was pressed and boy has it paid off. 84 points with Fraser still to go, and the team in great shape for next week too, I am very satisfied. Bump up in the rank to the top 5k, and (more importantly?) inside the top 20 in the Fiso rankings!

Guess it just goes to show that, which I have seen mentioned a few times in other RMTs, while planning ahead is a good idea for the most part, sometimes taking a step back, looking at the bigger picture, and making a gut call is just as important. Let's hope it is the start of continued green arrows and a better understanding of the game mechanics for me!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”