To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Let's catch up with Ville

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Re: Let's catch up with Ville

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Carlsen seems to put as much budget as possible into his attack, skimping on defence and bench. He’s had a lot of weeks with four super premiums in his team. He’s been fortunate that the premium defenders apart from Liverpool have been struggling for clean sheets so I think that will bite him in the long run. You can’t argue with a top 1k overall rank though.

AllesErobert
Wideboy

Post by AllesErobert »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 17:36
Joccki_10 wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 16:56 You have his team link?
https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/ent ... 74/history
Pogba is intersting pick

AllesErobert
Wideboy

Post by AllesErobert »

Turd Ferguson wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 17:42 Carlsen seems to put as much budget as possible into his attack, skimping on defence and bench. He’s had a lot of weeks with four super premiums in his team. He’s been fortunate that the premium defenders apart from Liverpool have been struggling for clean sheets so I think that will bite him in the long run. You can’t argue with a top 1k overall rank though.
I'm just a few points behind him and own Alonso and Robertson almost from the start, also had Mendy for a considerable amount of GWs. There are more ways to skin a cat. It's always about specific team and situation IMHO

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Yes, of course you can structure your team in different ways. I’m a believer that a couple of premium defenders are better value in the long run. Carlsen has gotten a lot of hauls from TAA to cancel out Robertson, and you can’t deny that alonso has been on a disappointing run of late. I own Robertson, Alonso and Laporte, and the latter two have been my biggest underperformers for the last 5-6 weeks.

Carlsen was 73k overall after GW9. TAA has been his most expensive defender for the entire run since then as he rose to the top 500. You can only afford his attack by sacrificing elsewhere, and he’s gotten away with that sacrifice because the top defenders haven’t performed well for the last 8 weeks or so.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

It's funny, looking at Carlsen's team actually reminds me of something I'd written while I was on wildcard. Carlsen wildcarded GW9, the same as me.
Turd Ferguson wrote: 12 Oct 2018, 16:22
Ruth_NZ wrote: 12 Oct 2018, 13:15 A defensive double-up always poses a problem, even with the best teams. That's where rotation comes in; if doubling-up on Wolves you'd probably want someone to alleviate the toughest fixtures or some kind of rotation system so that you could play only one (Doherty) in those games.
Yes, I'm on wildcard and I'm actually looking at this team:

Patricio/Fabianski
Robertson/TAA/Laporte/Doherty/Jonny
Salah/Hazard/Sterling/Brooks/Masuaku
Vardy/Wilson/Ings

The double double-up just looks funny to my eyes. My intuition is telling me it's wrong. However, I can't get past the glaring value provided by Liverpool and Wolves defenders. GW11 and GW20 are the only weeks where both Liverpool and Wolves have a tricky fixture between now and 2nd wildcard time (~GW33). TAA may be a rotation risk, but I have him for only 5.1, he plays for the second best defence in the league, he has good threat from open play, AND he's taking some set pieces.

The more sensible option would probably be to ditch one of the Liverpool defenders for a player who rotates well with Wolves and upgrade Brooks to Rich/Sig/Fraser/Maddison for a more conventional 3-4-3, 4-4-2 as backup. The Wolves defensive triple up would also preclude me doing Ings > Jimenez in the future. But there's something tempting about playing unconventional and going for a very high ranking.

A VERY cheap defence allows for 4 super premiums

Patricio/Fabianksi
TAA/Doherty/Jonny/Kabasele/Balbuena
Salah/Hazard/Sterling/Richarlison/Hojberg
Aguero/Wilson/Ings.

0.0 ITB, but Sterling > KDB/Mane would open up a lot of options and create a more balanced squad.

Like I said, there's something tempting about the unorthodox.
Carlsen's wildcard was:
Fabianski/Boruc
TAA/Doherty/Zabaleta/Yedlin/AWB
Salah/Hazard/Sterling/Richarlison/Bacuna
Aguero/Wilson/Mitrovic

He switched to a Wolves double up with Vinagre a few weeks later when Jonny got hurt. I bottled it and have been holding at least two premium defenders since then.

Carlsen's rank went from 73k to 432. My rank went from 16k to...14k :lol: :lol: . I guess that's why he's world chess champion and I'm just a guy who posts on FISO.

Note that Carlsen also went with two total rotters, Boruc and Bacuna. He really tries to eke all his budget into good attackers.

AllesErobert
Wideboy

Post by AllesErobert »

Time will tell. Ofc he is a superb FPL player, but for me Ronka is still no. 1. I learned so much about the game by analysing his moves.

AllesErobert
Wideboy

Post by AllesErobert »

Do I remember it right that Ville brought in Hazard in an early transfer for the second time this season?

I think he doesn't like to pay more for season holders, although he sold him before...

zomri
Wideboy

Post by zomri »

Fabio Borges currently 20th in the world after today. Should we follow and cheer this guy too as apparently he is a FISOer? He could well win the whole thing this year.

SG_8
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 3 Top 10k finishes

Post by SG_8 »

He's made 2 transfers. Cash ITB went from 0.4 to 0.0, TV decreased by 0.7. Any guesses? I'm thinking maybe Fraser :arrow: Pogba funded by an Anderson downgrade to Brooks/Kante. Don't think he could have afforded Deulofeu.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

He doesn't have Pogba? What an amateur. :wink:

lubo__
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 50000

Post by lubo__ »

SG_8 wrote: 30 Dec 2018, 18:59 He's made 2 transfers. Cash ITB went from 0.4 to 0.0, TV decreased by 0.7. Any guesses? I'm thinking maybe Fraser :arrow: Pogba funded by an Anderson downgrade to Brooks/Kante. Don't think he could have afforded Deulofeu.
Are we sure his TV decreased by 0.7?

zomri
Wideboy

Post by zomri »

his team value decreased by 0.3 as per https://kammy.io/team/829593

kammy.io
Kevin and Perry

Post by kammy.io »

I believe Ville must've dropped Fraser and one of Doherty/F. Anderson/Robertson.

If we assume he brought Pogba in, then there are only two ways:
  • (Fraser, Felipe Anderson) => (Pogba, 5.2 MID)
  • (Fraser, Robertson) => (Pogba, 4.4 DEF)
The only plausible 5.2 MID is Redmond, giving (Fraser, Felipe Anderson) -> (Pogba, Redmond).

If a 4.4 DEF, then my pick is (Fraser, Robertson) -> (Pogba, Zanka).

Tomorrow's price changes will help a lot.

Redsnout
Treebeard
FS Record: 676 - FPL (2016-17)

Post by Redsnout »

kammy.io wrote: 30 Dec 2018, 21:35 I believe Ville must've dropped Fraser and one of Doherty/F. Anderson/Robertson.

The only plausible 5.2 MID is Redmond, giving (Fraser, Felipe Anderson) -> (Pogba, Redmond).

Don't think its Fraser and Anderson together. He would lose 0.3 in Anderson as he bought him at 6.8m, which is what he lost now. He would lose tv in Fraser as well.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Does he already own Wan-Bissaka? Otherwise I think it might have been Fraser/Robertson :arrow: Pogba/C.Taylor.

pokeface
Red & Blue Braces

Post by pokeface »

Yea he’s on Wan bisaka/Alonso/Doherty/Balbuena/Robertson

kammy.io
Kevin and Perry

Post by kammy.io »

Redsnout wrote: 30 Dec 2018, 21:42
kammy.io wrote: 30 Dec 2018, 21:35 I believe Ville must've dropped Fraser and one of Doherty/F. Anderson/Robertson.

Don't think its Fraser and Anderson together. He would lose 0.3 in Anderson as he bought him at 6.8m, which is what he lost now. He would lose tv in Fraser as well.
His sale price for Fraser today would be 5.8, currently 6.2, giving a 0.4 drop in TV.

His sale price for Anderson today would be 7.1, currently 7.4, giving a a 0.3 loss in TV.

0.4 + 0.3 gives explains the 0.7 drop in Ville's net worth (104.5 -> 103.8).

garypallister
FISOhead

Post by garypallister »

Lordy, I have almost catched up with Ville

mandoncare
Treebeard

Post by mandoncare »

Good work as always Kammy. Doubt Ville is a Redmond kind of guy and no obvious 4.4 def. Would be interesting to see who he went with. Or maybe he didn’t go for Pogba after all

kammy.io
Kevin and Perry

Post by kammy.io »

Revised predictions based on last night's price changes: he must've bought Pogba or Digne.

Underlying constraints:
  • (Fraser, Doherty) => (Digne, 6.0 MID)
My picks (only two 6.0 MIDs so I've listed both):
  • (Fraser, Felipe Anderson) => (Pogba, Redmond)
  • (Fraser, Robertson) -> (Pogba, Zanka)
  • (Fraser, Doherty) => (Stanislas, Digne)
  • (Fraser, Doherty) => (Sessegnon, Digne)

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

I’m telling you it’s Charlie Taylor. :wink:

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

The only realistic one imo is Pogba/Zanka, because I can't understand the logic of removing F.Anderson. He can then move Alonso back to Robertson GW23.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Sutter Kane wrote: 31 Dec 2018, 10:34 The only realistic one imo is Pogba/Zanka, because I can't understand the logic of removing F.Anderson. He can then move Alonso back to Robertson GW23.
Anderson is a reasonable transfer out after BHA (H) - he then has very average fixtures - but agree would be odd to do this week unless he has a very pressing need to do this now (TV? - but if it's TV won't he lose a lot taking Robertson out then putting him back in?).

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Charlie Taylor makes a lot more sense than Zanka

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

isn't snoodgrass 5.2 also

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

He wont go anywhere near Sniddlegrass imo, even without his precautionary withdrawal yesterday

Its Pogna and a 4.4, Tayor or Zanka imo

If he went Zanka hes made an error

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Depends which player rotates well with his current squad and he may also have GW27 in mind - Burnley have Spurs (which may be a missing fixture, but difficult anyway but Huddersfield have Newcastle). When you don't play these cheap players often, it's important to get the right one for your squad, not necessarily the best one.

As for Robertson, yes he'll lose some value but might be looking at TAA instead, come GW23. I think he'll roll his GW22 transfer.

kammy.io
Kevin and Perry

Post by kammy.io »

kammy.io wrote: 31 Dec 2018, 10:26 Revised predictions based on last night's price changes: he must've bought Pogba or Digne.

Underlying constraints:
  • (Fraser, Doherty) => (Digne, 6.0 MID)
My picks (only two 6.0 MIDs so I've listed both):
  • (Fraser, Felipe Anderson) => (Pogba, Redmond)
  • (Fraser, Robertson) -> (Pogba, Zanka)
  • (Fraser, Doherty) => (Stanislas, Digne)
  • (Fraser, Doherty) => (Sessegnon, Digne)
The Zanka pick was the correct one. I'm having a shocking season myself, so I'm glad to see that Ville agrees on my choice of budget defender :D

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

We're clearly tracking the wrong guy, when the answer is right under our noses.

https://premierfantasytools.com/fantasy ... SB9nNtu8OA

Good job Stem; we're not worthy ...

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:We're clearly tracking the wrong guy, when the answer is right under our noses.

https://premierfantasytools.com/fantasy ... SB9nNtu8OA

Good job Stem; we're not worthy ...
Tall Paul 48th
Snakzz 52nd

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”