To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

math(s)! 2020/2021 RMT Covidiot Edition

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Re: math(s)! 2019/2020 RMT Fear the Demon!

Post by math! »

It's a tough one alright. Everyone seems to expect Norwich to open up AVL which you know means Villa will keep a clean sheet!

I saw this interesting article on FFS about how much rest time each club has before their two fixtures. and just want to stamp the pic from the article here for quick reference:

Image-1.jpg
For the first set of fixtures Wolves and Man City will be well rested so maybe if KDB is rested it is in the second GW against SU (who have the longest rest time).

For the second set of fixtures Wolves have one of the shortest rest periods while their opponents Liverpool have one of the longest. I think I'm better off benching Jimenez there.

Arsenal play Chelsea and both have pretty good rest times second only to SU. This second fixture however has me wondering if Abraham will even start the first one. He has been on and off with injuries recently and two games close together could aggravate something. We could see Batshuayi start the first game.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

math! wrote:Arsenal play Chelsea and both have pretty good rest times second only to SU. This second fixture however has me wondering if Abraham will even start the first one. He has been on and off with injuries recently and two games close together could aggravate something. We could see Batshuayi start the first game.
Or Pulisic up top. :wink:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Joccki_10 wrote: 25 Dec 2019, 20:22 Or Pulisic up top. :wink:
Or Pulisic on the bench again. :wink:

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote: 25 Dec 2019, 20:22 Or Pulisic up top. :wink:
Or Pulisic on the bench again. :wink:
Loads of possibilities. :)

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

Every Chelsea predicted lineup I have seen has been different. I am captaining Abraham but I am treating my VC selection as if it were the C.

I think instead of rolling my transfer I will do TAA to Sidibe and also bench Jimenez for Cantwell.

This transfer feels scary as I would now have 0 Liverpool players but at the same time I'd be having a big differential. Overall I think Sidibe is a good player he was for me the MOTM against Chelsea along with Pickford. His attacking stats are better than Digne and Everton have a good run of fixtures, boosted by the new manager.

Ditching TAA also removes the dreaded defence v attack combo I dislike so much.

I'll also bench Jimenez for Cantwell though I presume someone else might not play anyway.

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

Decided to do TAA to Digne rather than Sidibe. I think Sidibe is a great player but Digne had the attacking flair plus free kicks.

I kept switching my 11 player between Cantwell and Jimenez and may switch one last time. I'm convinced everyone of my midfield 4 will play so first sub could well be moot. Cantwell is still a rotation risk as he can be rotated with Buendia and Hernandez. AV's defence are out of form so benching Cantwell feels wrong.

Abraham remains Captain despite the solid chance he is subbed on 60' or Batshuayi starts. I'd say the former is more likely but maybe only if Chelsea are in a comfortable position.Image

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

^ Look at that Trentless team. Nice :twisted:

In tune with this being an off-season for me so to speak (not in any money leagues etc.) I decided to go a bit left field with my transfers (And ended up wide right!) removing Trent and not bringing back Mane. The idea was 1) Leicester turn up rather than get bossed 4-0, 2) Klopp rotates like last year 3) Sidibe (who I then ignored for Digne at the last minute) would get a few cleanies against easy opposition.

None of those happened.

I then brought in Aguero to climb back up the OR around the side by captaining a differential who can score well.

That didn't happen.

I even went with a number of players not playing including my C and VC while Klopp continued to not rotate. Liverpool's dominant style must be keeping them fresh. Just like Chelsea 15 years ago. Taking the lead then keeping the ball and reserving energy for the next match. Adding to that I lost a couple of clean sheets due to deflected long shots. Overall it was a good Xmas :lol:

My OR went from 13k to outside the top 100k. Lost a large lead at the top of my work league and am now in 3rd or 5th or something.

I still don't have Trent back. But I did get Salah via Richarlison -> Traore.

newgw.PNG

I have a bit riding on Pep actually starting Aguero against Villa. If he does then it could be a real highlight. Salah should be a safe bet as VC though I wouldn't be that surprised if I get another non-starting C and VC. I am keeping Pulisic because this should be a great chance for a last hurrah. Burnley can't seem to stop conceding right now (it will stop eventually and maybe will catch a lot of people out but hopefully not this week). Pulisic scored a hat trick against them last time. Players have oft mentioned playing against opponents they previously did well against does have a psychological/motivational boost.

The Moussa Dembele rumours continue alongside some other guy called Habib Diallo which leads to Abraham being potentially rotation prone in future. Christensen is linked with AC Milan, Rudiger is somehow linked with a swap with Godin. Of all the Chelsea players it might be James who is the best option by the end of January.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

noelix
Treebeard
FS Record: Nothing of note

Post by noelix »

Sorry to read you've had a bad FPL festive season! If it helps, you're still one point ahead of me. :) Looks like a strong lineup for this GW, although as you say a lot rides on who Pep opts for up front. Fingers crossed for you!

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

Its not getting any better I'm afraid, Pulisic ruled out for a few weeks

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

DavidLloydIsAHero wrote:Its not getting any better I'm afraid, Pulisic ruled out for a few weeks
Yep just saw that. At least now I have time to make a decision.

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

noelix wrote:Sorry to read you've had a bad FPL festive season! If it helps, you're still one point ahead of me. :) Looks like a strong lineup for this GW, although as you say a lot rides on who Pep opts for up front. Fingers crossed for you!
Here's to a year of good decisions! Hopefully!

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

Well I have decided to drop Pulisic and bring in Sarr. Sarr is a player I watched last season and thought a good player. He was on my radar when he first joined Watford and it looks like Pearson has settled on Deulofeu, Deeney, Sarr as his front. Bournemouth have an awful list of injuries and are out of form whereas Watford have been flying recently. Another reason to do this is the risk of KDB and Digne not starting. I don't want to rely on Rico coming off the bench and would prefer not to have Kelly either even though he could get a CS.

I have also looked at whether I will continue to use Sarr after this GW. He has Spurs, Villa, Everton, Brighton in the next four which looks good. If all works out and he is bandwagoned, I could even recuperate the losses I suffered holding onto Pulisic for so long.

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

I think Aguero translates to “he who hauls”.

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

Stu255 wrote: 13 Jan 2020, 01:26 I think Aguero translates to “he who hauls”.
When Pep allows him to!

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

Operation Rejuvenation was a success. Could it have been better? Yes, if Lo Celso scored that chance and popped all those Liverpool clean sheets and I have not overlooked Doucoure so easily for Sarr. It was a great GW all the same.

38 points from my first 7 players followed by 61 from the last 4 (2 Watford, 2 Man City). It was a Super Sunday after all. I think the two most dead cert outcomes of the GW was 1) Spurs not getting anything and 2) Man City turning over Villa. The only gamble was whether Pep started Aguero and KDB. The light was there when he rested both Aguero and Jesus in the Cup. It began to feel like he was going to unleash both. They also apparently do very well when they both start.

Right now I feel like rolling my transfer even though I feel like there are a couple of converns with my team.

1) Aguero. He came into the team to smash Villa and leave, thereby undoing most of the self-harm I caused in the last couple of GWs. Looking at the start of the season, he was the best striker and just kept scoring. It would therefore be silly to remove him. It would be silly for Pep to bench an in form striker for that matter. I feel like Jimenez should be back in my team though. Abraham won't be a secure fixture if Chelsea bring in another striker (Dembele the likely one).

2) I have a very cheap defence + bench. Traore, Cantwell, Rico, Kelly makes me feel vulnerable. Four of those players can get points but they are all inconsistent hence the price. I would like to beef up the defence a bit. I mentioned Reece James is the Chelsea player to own and he looked good again in the Burnley match. He puts in fantastic crosses and likes to come infield himself to try for goal. For now he's a 'strong watch' for me.

3) Sarr wants to be as good as Mane which is great but my concern with him is how wide he played in the last match. Watford have also signed a new striker but I think he could be a backup for Deeney. If Pearson decides to play 2 up top, Sarr may just play wide midfield rather than be benched. If I had Deulofeu instead I would be a lot more concerned. Aside from his wide position, he had a really bad one in the last match.

I'm not entirely sure about my C choice either. I could go Aguero still as he is probably more of a differential than Vardy.
nextGW.PNG

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

So you intended to dump Kun too?

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

He was in for just Everton and Villa. Another reason to have him is KDB. Whenever De Bruyne is playing well, he creates a lot of chances for Aguero.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

math! wrote: 16 Jan 2020, 22:17 Whenever De Bruyne is playing well, he creates a lot of chances for literally everyone.
Fixed that for you.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 17 Jan 2020, 01:25
math! wrote: 16 Jan 2020, 22:17 Whenever De Bruyne is playing well, he creates a lot of chances for literally everyone.
Fixed that for you.
:mrgreen: :lol:

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

It has been a rocky road since December. Another bad GW. Big lead at the top of my work league is now a big deficit.

Took out Martial for Mahrez. Martial scored (have to admit he got off easy after he injured Christensen).
Mahrez had a gimme match against a woeful West Ham yet had to watch from the bench. Everyone else has Aguero by now so I didn't even care if he scored.
Jimenez fluffed his chances, including a potential assist from Traore.
Foster lost his CS to a ridiculous own goal.

So what was good?
Ings scored.
Gomez got 2 BP. (Not a bad 5.2m defender to have)
KDB hauled but like Aguero everyone else has him and someone captained him.

For this week I am removing the deadwood Kelly and brought in Williams. A 4.1m wingback he could be handy. I have some players that could score well this week: Salah, Ings, Jimenenz, Traore. Maybe Mahrez since he was rested and was still in form prior to that. Actually why the hell was he rested? They just had a huge break :evil: Pep is a doofus with his selections sometimes. He has already rested Aguero when he was in scoring form. I am hoping Man City outplay Leicester again. Then I can move Mahrez and/or Aguero out for the blank.

One thing I am certain of is that I am bringing in Aubameyang after the blank.

GW27.PNG

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Why Aubameyang and not Vardy ?

Leicester have easier fixtures and Aubamenyang plays like a left Wing back at times.

If he played upfront like He should do i suspect he would score a hell of a lot more than he does

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Have them both 😎

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

blahblah wrote: 21 Feb 2020, 17:46 Have them both 😎
But you dont have Mane or Salah 😳

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Stevieste wrote: 21 Feb 2020, 18:10
I have Vardy, who you were discussing and am after Auba...

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

blahblah wrote: 21 Feb 2020, 18:36
In trying to wind you up, im very bored this evening 🤣

Regarding Vardy is see him scoring in a Leicester win against Man City and then kicking on from there for his favourable run of fixtures.

Auba is wasted in that Arsenal team, i think he should be upfront and not on the left.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Have had Auba for 2 weeks and I'm not very happy. Playing on the wing, tracking back, assisting the assister.. not what I signed up for.

The assister is Saka btw.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Stevieste wrote: 21 Feb 2020, 18:44
blahblah wrote: 21 Feb 2020, 18:36
In trying to wind you up, im very bored this evening 🤣

Regarding Vardy is see him scoring in a Leicester win against Man City and then kicking on from there for his favourable run of fixtures.

Auba is wasted in that Arsenal team, i think he should be upfront and not on the left.
Very bored 🙈🙈🙈

My Auba problem is that he is a bit goal a game and not really Capt material, but as if Kun is going to start every GW after Leicester...

math!
Dumbledore

Re: math(s)! 2020/2021 RMT Covidiot Edition

Post by math! »

I feel like a necromancer reviving this old half dead thread.

I have a first draft done (earlier than usual!).

It's a "Feeling cute might Wildcard later" team. By later I mean GW3 after everyone is post blank and hopefully not self isolating/loathing.

GK is based on being a popular and cheap choice. I think he is a good goalkeeper as well.
  • I've been skeptical about Trent but decided to go with him after reading posts about him (unlike Salah).
    Doherty is a bit of a concern since Aurier is still at the club.
    Stevens is ahead of Baldock because he has played some football for Ireland. I'm hoping a fresh SU will be capable of getting a CS.
Also last season had plenty of cleanies in the beginning.
  • Auba is my Captain for GW1 and along with Saka he has a tasty fixture. Fulham are a more attractive fixture than Leeds IMO.
    Havertz could be a set and forget this season but I am also interested in Ziyech.
  • Up front I have Adams again. I was so high on him last year and it didn't work out but Southampton are looking better this time around. I would prefer Ings but I have to downgrade elsewhere to do it.
    Antonio has two good fixtures and was on fire last season so it could continue on.
    Werner looked full of confidence playing for Germany and has serious talent around him. Another potential set and forget.
On the bench I have a 4.0 rotter who could potentially be the next Pope if the current Pope gets injured again.
ASM has two good GWs and looks a handy bencher if someone else has to self isolate. Can be upgraded.
Taylor - should be self-explanatory.
Mitchell (maybe Ferguson?) is the obligatory 4.0 enabler who should be available at least for the first couple of weeks.

I have 1.5m in the bank to work with before or after the deadline.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Isn't your extra bench spend causing you to pick Adams over Ings? Obviously that's fine if you want to back Adams anyway, but the extra benched each week is having an effect there I think.

martin
Wideboy
FS Record: 3rd in fiso pick n stick 16/17

Post by martin »

ImageCouldn't agree more Mav3rick.We actually have very similar ideas math.

After having read this thread last year I'm happy that to see our teams are in a similar vein.

The savings on the bench actually allow Ings, it feels like a risk worth taking to have a slightly weaker bench for the upside of Ings over Adams.

Edit ...sorry just ignore this just re-read your post an didn't fully take in your keeping cash to allow changes as part of your strategy.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”