To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

WC 32 Draft, Please Advise

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Cliffard
FISOhead

WC 32 Draft, Please Advise

Post by Cliffard »

See latest post.
Last edited by Cliffard on 19 Mar 2018, 17:27, edited 4 times in total.

Cliffard
FISOhead

Re: Cliffard RMT 15/16

Post by Cliffard »

Just realized I'm not playing O'Shea in the first GW. Alas, not worried about defence, it's doable to get 2x4.5s with nice fixtures for 4 rounds, next to Cédric. What's different about this plan, from what I've read in threads like STCs RMT, is the Ritchie/Sakho rotation, which I'd like opinions on.

Joshua82
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consecutive top 3k finishes in FPL (2013-2015)

Post by Joshua82 »

Your midfield and attacking picks are great but that really is an expensive rotation, £6m and £6.5m when we just have the £100m to play with at the beginning. Lots of money on your bench each week, not sure I'd want to put myself through it. No doubt one of Sakho and Ritchie will score big when they're sat on your bench which is always a crap feeling. Not to talk you out of it but your defence is seriously suffering as a result, your benched cash could be invested in a strong starting defender. Just my opinion though :)

Cliffard
FISOhead

Post by Cliffard »

Joshua82 wrote:Your midfield and attacking picks are great but that really is an expensive rotation, £6m and £6.5m when we just have the £100m to play with at the beginning. Lots of money on your bench each week, not sure I'd want to put myself through it. No doubt one of Sakho and Ritchie will score big when they're sat on your bench which is always a crap feeling. Not to talk you out of it but your defence is seriously suffering as a result, your benched cash could be invested in a strong starting defender. Just my opinion though :)
I agree. I just don't like the look of a front seven with a weak spot, which Ritchie and Sakho would represent in 2 out of the 4 first gameweeks, if not rotated. The benched money and the potential pain of the benched one outscoring the fielded one is an issue, as is the weak defence.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Don't rotate Ritchie and Sakho. The potential for frustration will be huge, as both look likely to do very well this season, particularly given their favourable starts. It's almost inevitable you will be benching points most weeks. I would be happy starting either every game.

Think you really need to choose on or the other, decide on 3-5-2 or 3-4-3, and downgrade whichever you don't choose. Then re-invest the money in defence. It's close, but I just about prefer Sakho I think. Proven at this level and should have ample opportunity to score goals.

Ritchie :arrow: 4.5m
Prudl :arrow: Koscielny/Azpilicueta

I would also prefer Huth to Bassong.

Cliffard
FISOhead

Post by Cliffard »

Notned wrote:Don't rotate Ritchie and Sakho. The potential for frustration will be huge, as both look likely to do very well this season, particularly given their favourable starts. It's almost inevitable you will be benching points most weeks. I would be happy starting either every game.

Think you really need to choose on or the other, decide on 3-5-2 or 3-4-3, and downgrade whichever you don't choose. Then re-invest the money in defence. It's close, but I just about prefer Sakho I think. Proven at this level and should have ample opportunity to score goals.

Ritchie :arrow: 4.5m
Prudl :arrow: Koscielny/Azpilicueta

I would also prefer Huth to Bassong.

I agree, the Sakho/Ritchie-rotation is too risky. Upgraded Francis to Azpi for now, was 0.5 short of upgrading Pudil. Not sure about Huth when I've Schmeichel in goal.

Cliffard
FISOhead

Post by Cliffard »

On my Wildcard. Trouble with this team is having to bench 1 of the front 8 every week. I'm 0.1 short of Sakho + Depay :arrow: 4.5 FWD + Sanchez, but Sanchez might not be good value if I captain Agüero every week anyway. And the back 3 is quite expensive, with Kompany, Shaw and Darmian. They've all gone up 0.1 for me though, and I'd like to keep them at least until I can sell with a 0.1 profit.

Basically: Please advice. I've lost faith in my own decision making, after scoring a meagre 50 points in 2 gameweeks. If I keep it as is, who do I bench for gw3?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

I wouldn't be messing up your team structure just to make a couple of 0.1's. Just make a decision between Darmian & Shaw now and use the saving to do what you want with the front eight.

You definitely need a starting goalie to replace Rudd as a minimum.

Cliffard
FISOhead

Post by Cliffard »

Sammy the Crab wrote:I wouldn't be messing up your team structure just to make a couple of 0.1's. Just make a decision between Darmian & Shaw now and use the saving to do what you want with the front eight.

You definitely need a starting goalie to replace Rudd as a minimum.
Thanks for the reply. Thing is, I'm happy with these 5 mids. Want to take a punt on Depay instead of making room for Sanchez. I could do Shaw/Darmian :arrow: 4.5 Def (Watford, perhaps), and leave 1.5 in the bank, for something like Gomis :arrow: Benteke/Lukaku or Payet/Ayew :arrow: 8.5 mid when fixtures turn/form is established. This would still leave a forward 8 with a benching issue. I could drop one of Sakho or Gomis (who are my least favourite of the front 8), for a 4.5 FWD, to store even more cash in the bank.

Rudd is temporary, was afraid Hennessy would drop, will bring him back in pre-deadline.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

You're happy with them for now but if Hazard or Sanchez start to fire you'll regret investing that much at the back.

Cliffard
FISOhead

Post by Cliffard »

Sammy the Crab wrote:You're happy with them for now but if Hazard or Sanchez start to fire you'll regret investing that much at the back.
I agree, and they obviously will, at some point. With Darmian and Gomis :arrow: bench fodder, I'll have 4.0 banked to upgrade Ayew or Payet to Sanchez. Chu reckon?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cliffard
FISOhead

Post by Cliffard »

Team would "look better" if I just got Sanchez for Payet/Ayew right away, but I prefer their fixtures, and none of them have gone up 0.2 yet. Would like to stall at least 1 gw, and see who looks more like a long term keeper.

Cliffard
FISOhead

Re: 3-5-2, Wildcard

Post by Cliffard »

So you know how they say "you can't have them all, come to peace with that." WELL I DON'T WANT TO, YOU'LL HAVE TO CONVINCE ME, GOOD LUCK.

This team is short, £-1.0

I want all of these players (except Amat and Diomande who are enablers). Where do I cut the £1.0? Stupid game.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I strongly suspect that in GW6 we will enter the world of the three strikers again, which is fine except that your way to Aguero is going to be clouded with the formation you have and the distribution. I think it looks like a good team for this week and next (with the caveat that I'd take a rotation option over Evans) but I'd just make sure you have a strategy to get Aguero and Benteke/Bony in alongside Lukaku or maybe Ibrahimovic.

EDIT - scratch that as I've just seen that you're 1.0 short of that team :oops:

I would cut the 1.0 from one of Lamela or Antonio - use the spot to pick the best 6.0 mid and have the best 7.0 mid alongside them would be my thinking.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Looks far too rigid to me, and how do you get Kun in? Or are you ignoring him?

Cliffard
FISOhead

Post by Cliffard »

blahblah wrote:Looks far too rigid to me, and how do you get Kun in? Or are you ignoring him?
Possibly Zlatan and Sanchez to Agüero and Firmino. I don't think I believe in having a set plan for it, we'll know more in 2 rounds.

Cliffard
FISOhead

Post by Cliffard »

Mav3rick wrote:I strongly suspect that in GW6 we will enter the world of the three strikers again, which is fine except that your way to Aguero is going to be clouded with the formation you have and the distribution. I think it looks like a good team for this week and next (with the caveat that I'd take a rotation option over Evans) but I'd just make sure you have a strategy to get Aguero and Benteke/Bony in alongside Lukaku or maybe Ibrahimovic.

EDIT - scratch that as I've just seen that you're 1.0 short of that team :oops:

I would cut the 1.0 from one of Lamela or Antonio - use the spot to pick the best 6.0 mid and have the best 7.0 mid alongside them would be my thinking.
I've thought the same about Evans, so I'll likely not go with all 3 of Foster, Evans and McAuley (Evans being the weakest link). Agüero I can get with a free double, such as Sanchez and Zlatan to Agüero and Firmino (L'pool have Hull at home when Agüero returns). Changing back to 3-4-3, which I'm sure will eventually be the best option, shouldn't require more than another free double or a single hit. I just feel like there are way safer bets in midfield than up front right now. In 5 rounds time (perhaps as soon as GW6, as you suggest) we'll probably see a couple of 6.5-7.5 forwards worth having, but for now I have no issues with a 3-5-2.

As for the 1.0 I need to cut: Many are speculating that Lamela won't start. He returned from international duty late last night, and has Champions League around the corner. I could downgrade him to Redmond (6.0). If so I might play Diomande away to Burnley, as Soton have Arsenal away before hosting Swansea.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Cliffard, deep down I know that 2 up front is wrong, but my WC tinkering has led me to a similar place with the same front three. I do have £1.2M in the bank for the Ibra -> Kun upgrade (based on one more rise/fall)
My midfield is Barkley - Capoue - Ozil - Sterling - Hazard

If only someone could steer me towards a mid price 3rd striker who is set to go now. In the meantime I am viewing it as a 3 move switch between Sterline/Ibra/Dio -> Redmond/Kun/Bony

It doesn't feel right. But then again, nor does Bony...yet

Cliffard
FISOhead

Post by Cliffard »

Just gonna leave this here in desperation. Transfers feel so important now, and I can't decide if I should do another free transfer now, or wait.

Ward/Friend :arrow: Coleman/Maguire?
Zlatan :arrow: Costa, Costa :arrow: Agüero for 27?
Hold?
Other?

Will likely do Eriksen/Alli :arrow: Siggy and Kane (or Costa) :arrow: Agüero for 27.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I'd look at if you can get Coleman or Baines in for one of Friend, Ward or Amat. It will improve your team this week and give you a great option in GW28 too.

Costa can be considered separately, as a separate points hit transfer, but I really think your priority should be an Everton defender for now and I'd use your remaining free on that.

Cliffard
FISOhead

Post by Cliffard »

Mav3rick wrote:I'd look at if you can get Coleman or Baines in for one of Friend, Ward or Amat. It will improve your team this week and give you a great option in GW28 too.

Costa can be considered separately, as a separate points hit transfer, but I really think your priority should be an Everton defender for now and I'd use your remaining free on that.
Thanks Mav, that's the conclusion I've come to after that post, glad to see you thought so too. I'll probably do Friend :arrow: Coleman, then -4 next gw for Siggy and Kane :arrow: Agüero.

Cliffard
FISOhead

Post by Cliffard »

Plan: Wildcard before GW4.

Issue: I have both Zaha and Benteke. I prefer Zaha, and know I should probably not have both. The other picks I'm happy with at the moment.

I'm not sold on ANY of the 6.5 forwards, nor can I afford to upgrade to 3 premiums forwards. I could pick an Austin/Gayle as a placeholder, hoping any 6.5 forward comes good early on.

OR I COULD JUST START ZAHA AND BENTEKE SHUT UP DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO i feel like i'm being stubborn here... I mean, Benteke is also downgradable to a 6.5, but that makes me 0.5 short of either Jesus :arrow: Kane or Zaha/Willian :arrow: 9.0.

Benteke has Huddersfield at home, Liverpool away, then Swansea at home in the first 3. Two for three, you might think. But here's the kicker: Benteke has 6 goals and 1 assist in 7 games vs Liverpool in the league. 7 goals in 8 counting the FA Cup.

Please advise.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: 3-4-3 Zaha AND Benteke issue.

Post by blahblah »

Aren't Everton linked with Benteke? :wink:

Cliffard
FISOhead

Post by Cliffard »

blahblah wrote: 31 Jul 2017, 11:48 Aren't Everton linked with Benteke? :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

It has been on the BBC Gossip page.

I guess it is a Giroud Plan B type of thing to give them a bit of height at CF when needed......

Cliffard
FISOhead

Post by Cliffard »

Cliffard
FISOhead

Post by Cliffard »

Wildcard - 3-5-2

14 doublers for GW34 + Salah. Bench Boost.

FH for GW35.

7 doublers for GW37.

3-5-2, with Ayew benched. He'll be back from suspension for DGW34 (EVE, SOT).

Did tons of transfer yesterday, but might do Firmino, Murray, VdH :arrow: Vardy, Ayew, Ramsey now that Ayew dropped. Will give me 0.0 ITB.

An issue: if free hitting in 35, you really need 9 DGW37 players in 34 to get 11 doublers in 37, as you'll only have 2 free transfers ahead of 36.

I have 7 doublers for 37, all of whom are there for 34 as well. So I'd need to take two hits to get 11 37 doublers. Maybe I should get two more 37 doublers ahead of 34, such as Son, Eriksen, Bailly, Vertonghen. Possible leavers would be Mkhi, Sterling, Lowton and maybe Auba to Kane if Auba's form and Kane's guaranteed return allows it.

Please, your thoughts?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”