To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

STC - RMT - GW31

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

STC - RMT - GW31

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Hi guys, played my wildcard a couple of weeks ago and banked last weeks transfer so have two freebies. The trouble is that once you've set yourself up for the next few game weeks and got rid of all the crap it's quite difficult to decide on a transfer.

Team is as follows:

My concern at the moment is the form of Lukaku, I feel like I have to get him in. The initial plan when wildcarding was to lose whichever one of Suarez and Sturridge looked expendable, on current form I don't want to lose either meaning Rooney would have to make way. Is this madness with their upcoming fixtures?

If I don't make that transfer then I honestly haven't got a clue what to do. Maybe Whittingham to Januzaj to make a bit of cash? Really wouldn't know who to bench then tbf.

Can anyone offer up any ideas?
Last edited by Sammy the Crab on 16 Mar 2014, 21:19, edited 13 times in total.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Re: Rate My Team GW8

Post by Mo Bot »

Apart from keeping an eye on why Wilson came off early today but anything else is just a tinker.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Mo Bot wrote:Apart from keeping an eye on why Wilson came off early today but anything else is just a tinker.
He's worrying me tbf. Whilst I know the Guardian squad sheets are not exactly to be trusted they've left him out of their last two which got me a little worried, him being subbed off early is also a concern.

The fact that my two defensive subs have terrible fixtures mean he might need taking care of. The trouble is there is no 4.5 defenders with a decent fixture.

Rooney to Lukaku
Wilson to Terry

??

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Ok I pushed ahead with Rooney out for Lukaku and have the following team for GW8 with 1 FT and 3m in the bank:

I'm really getting a bit nervous about Wilson, is taking him out for Terry a good move? I've been regretting taking him out with my wildcard and really want him back in long term. I've allowed him to rise once this week as I didn't want to commit to two transfers before the Internationals.

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

Barkley :arrow: Oscar (if you can afford it)

Everton are heading into some tougher fixtures and a triple toffee squad is not advise-able.
Chelsea on the other hand...

PS you don't really need to open a new RMT thread for each GW...

bulgarche
FISOhead
FS Record: 192 038st season 2011/2012

Post by bulgarche »

Please remove Wilson. Stoke are poor...
Very good team! The Saints will bring you many points ;)

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Ironfist wrote:Barkley :arrow: Oscar (if you can afford it)

Everton are heading into some tougher fixtures and a triple toffee squad is not advise-able.
Chelsea on the other hand...

PS you don't really need to open a new RMT thread for each GW...
I will stick to this thread from now on :D

I've only got 5.3m resale on Barkley so I'm 0.5m away from that switch unfortunately although it would be nice to get a third top quality midfielder in there. I'm actually hoping Ramsey picks up an injury or something (sorry Aaron) so that I can just take him straight out for someone like Oscar and leave Barkley and Whittingham to rotate.

I am dead set on Terry at some point as I'm furious with myself for dropping him since I've bigged him up all season. Any other season and he'd be 7.0m.

A few longer term switches that I'm mulling over

Suarez/Sturridge out for Benteke. Possibly for GW10 when Liverpool go to the Emirates
Baines out for a cheaper defender as I don't want three Everton. Hard to see an obvious jumping off point with him though.
Boruc out around GW12 when Saints have; Arsenal A, Chelsea A, Villa H, Man City H

Colbert
Grumpy Old Panda
FS Record: 5AS H2H Champion 10/11, 12/13; 5AS CL Champion 13/14

Post by Colbert »

Roll the transfer.

1. Your team looks great this week.
2. You obviously have some medium/long term plans where this extra transfer is going to come in very handy. Don't waste it on a vanity transfer here.

Until Wilson is dropped I'll be sticking with him.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Colbert wrote:Roll the transfer.

1. Your team looks great this week.
2. You obviously have some medium/long term plans where this extra transfer is going to come in very handy. Don't waste it on a vanity transfer here.

Until Wilson is dropped I'll be sticking with him.
The trouble is that we don't know if he'll be dropped until it's too late. Really not looking forward to double Saints defence at OT or Turner away at Chelsea.

I'm getting really worried about Wilson, have a feeling he'll be dropped as they really need to line up a bit more attacking for these easier home games.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

A bit more confident about Wilson now, he played for Ireland and I've checked the Stoke forums and every poster had him in their starting 11 for the WBA game.

Now it just comes down to whether Ozil is fit and if not whether I take him out or just bring Januzaj in for Whittingham and bench Ozil.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Well my initial fears over Wilson were proved correct :(. Here's my team for GW9.

£3m in the bank - 2 FT's

Have absolutely no clue what to do here, all I know is that I only want to make one transfer as there are some tricky fixtures this week and really want two held back for GW10 when City face Norwich at home.

Have a few major concerns:

Vidic - if he's fit for the Stoke game he stays, out in the next few weeks though
Wilson - dropped
Whittingham - fixtures are terrible, don't fancy him much this week

Whittingham out for Morrison was my first thought which has the bonus of freeing up a little cash for helping to get Aguero in in next week but means I still have Vidic and Wilson to deal with.

Would it be better to get someone in for Wilson now and leave Whittingham as bench fodder for a while?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Re: Rate My Team GW9

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Narrowed it down to:

A) Wilson out for Chico
B) Wilson out for Dawson
C) Whittingham out for Morrison
D) Whittingham out for Townsend

A & B would leave me playing 433 benching Whittingham & Barkley.

C is the only one that would allow me to bring Aguero in for Lukaku next week without the need for a second (albeit free) transfer. IT does seem like the worst option for GW9 though.

D is probably the one I could profit from the most but Townsend is clearly a concern longer term due to the options in the Spurs midfield.

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

Option A seems best in terms of who you would be getting (to me) but as you said this leaves you playing 4 at the back and this buble may have just burst.

if it were me then I would move Vidic now (as you plan to do this soon and Man U look poor) for Chico and play him plus the other 2 at the back. This will free up more funds for your Aguero move for GW10.

Wilson is over 55% for a rise so should last a GW or 2 before he drops.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Thanks for the feedback.

You really think Vidic is top priority? I'd have thought he would start against Stoke if fit and regardless of Man Utd's form that looks like a banker of a clean sheet to me.

Half tempted to shift out Lukaku for Giroud for one week only after watching Palace get hammered by Fulham tonight.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I would keep Vidic for Stoke at home, their next game, but A is almost a forced move, imho.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Yep, I'm beginning to think A&C are the only options. Just took a look at Spurs fixtures and have gone right off Dawson and Townsend for now.

Assuming I do Wilson to Chico this week what sounds better for GW10:

Option 1
Lukaku (TOT) to Aguero (NOR)
funded by:
Barkley (TOT) to Morrison (AST)
Leaves pretty much nothing in the bank

Option 2
Sturridge (ars) to Aguero (NOR)
then possibly:
Vidic (ful) to Nastasic (NOR)
Leaves around 1.2m in the bank for a possible keeper upgrade when Southampton's fixtures toughen.

It all depends on how much I want Aguero. Every time I brought him in last season he burned me, could quite easily see me making all these plans to get him in only for him to be rested for the Norwich home game. It would make things much easier if I just agreed to ignore him. I'm also concerned about losing Sturridge, especially since I jumped on at 9.1m and he's currently good value for me.

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Easily option 1as the uncertainties surrounding option 2 players are too great, plus Sturridge is a great VFM option with very good fixtures ahead.

Colbert
Grumpy Old Panda
FS Record: 5AS H2H Champion 10/11, 12/13; 5AS CL Champion 13/14

Post by Colbert »

You are very welcome for the Wilson advice :oops:

I actually ended up trying to replace him with Chico last week but was 0.1 short, which turned out to be hugely frustrating as the weekend went on.

Option 1 sounds good in terms of your planning. If Vidic isn't declared fit this week you could even drop him for Chico if you are in need of extra funds (in the likelihood that Aguero will rise continuously over the next few weeks).

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Sammy the Crab wrote: Assuming I do Wilson to Chico this week what sounds better for GW10:
Don't log in to FPL, try and try to think of solutions to: World Peace; how to get X factor, BGT etc off prime time TV etc.

A few broken legs and your plans will be toilet..... Not to mention your knee-jerk selling of Arsenal players when none of them start at the weekend :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Colbert wrote:You are very welcome for the Wilson advice :oops:

I actually ended up trying to replace him with Chico last week but was 0.1 short, which turned out to be hugely frustrating as the weekend went on.

Option 1 sounds good in terms of your planning. If Vidic isn't declared fit this week you could even drop him for Chico if you are in need of extra funds (in the likelihood that Aguero will rise continuously over the next few weeks).
Yeah, I think I'm set on option 1 now, I know I could get a few broken legs but it's always nice to have a plan just to make sure you don't price yourself out of it for the next week.

I don't think we'll ever know with Vidic, I doubt Moyes will come out with anything concrete. I also fly out to Poland tomorrow so might not have a chance to do any transfers.

Over the next three weeks I'd love to be able to do:

GW10 - Vidic/Wilson OUT, Chico IN
GW11 - Lukaku & Whittingham OUT, Aguero & Morrison IN
GW12 - Vidic/Wilson OUT, Johnson IN

That leaves me smack bang on budget so couldn't take any rises. If I make next week's transfer early then I just need Johnson to stay quiet at the weekend or else it will be Barkley who has to make way.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

So went with Vidic out for Johnson last week and managed 90 points which boosted me by 250k places up to around 150k. Glad I dodged Chico actually as iI now would like Williams.

Have already done Lukaku out for Aguero with one free transfer this week and still have a second free, zero cash in the bank. Team is as follows for this week:

Boruc (sto)
Baines (TOT), Clyne (sto), Burner (SWA)
Ozil (LIV), Ramsey (LIV), Michu (car), Barkley (TOT)
Suarez (ars), Sturridge (ars), Aguero (NOR)
Subs - Davis, Whittingham, Johnson, Wilson

A few options this week:

A) Wilson out for Rat
B) Whittingham out for Morrison
C) Barkley out for Morrison
D) Roll the transfer over

Options B&C would allow me to bring in Williams for Wilson the week after.

Thoughts?

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Re: Rate My Team GW10

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Can anyone persuade me to make a change? Tempted to hold actually.

Also should I be starting Johnson over Ben Turner? My concern is having 5 players tied up in the Arsenal v Liverpool game.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Didn't get any feedback last week so held the second transfer. Picked up 78 points and another green arrow.

This week I've finally lost patience with Michu, he's out. The team situation is as follows:

Firstly I'd like to leave 0.1m in the bank for a possible Davis to Harper switch next week.

Option 1 - Hazard - Requires me to free up 0.3
Possible transfers out to free up cash:
A) - Johnson to Williams
B) - Whittingham to Morrison
C) - Barkley to Morrison

Option 2 - Silva - Requires me to free up 0.6m. This would rule out option B above.

I'm leaning towards Hazard as I have no other Chelsea coverage. Although Barkley is dropping I quite fancy him to start against Palace so it could be quite foolish to get rid now, long term he's a goner though.

Anything I'm missing here?

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

You're in a tight situation there with poor defence and no spare cash.
Other than Clyne & Turner, I'd get rid of every other defender (& keeper) you have, starting with poorest VFM Baines.
Your midfield situation is also grim with Ramsey being the only ray of sunshine and the others very mediocre. Michu to a Chelsea or Citeh mid is essential here.
Your forwards are only much better but if you can do Sturridge to Rooney, it'll be even better.

Thus:
Baines :arrow: Williams (+2.8m)
Michu :arrow: Oscar (-0.1m)
Sturridge :arrow: Rooney (-1.4m & -4pts)
Bank 1.3m
Next GW do Johnson :arrow: Toure.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Baines is certainly on my list but it the least of my worries with Palace next up. Let's not forget he could very easily have been on 15 points this week had the penalty on Coleman been rightly awarded.

Assuming I do Johnson and Michu to Williams and Hazard then I think this team is very attractive for next week no?

Boruc - Hull H

Baines - Palace A
Williams - Stoke H
Clyne - Hull H

Ozil - Man Utd A
Ramsey - Man Utd A
Hazard - WBA H
Barkley - Palace A

Suarez (c) - Fulham H
Sturridge - Fulham H
Aguero - Sunderland A

The Arsenal boys having the only tough fixtures but obviously want to hang onto both of them.

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Sounds good :)

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Gameweek 12 absolutely terrifies me though.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: Rate My Team GW11

Post by From4corners »

Gameweek 12 will be fun times :lol:

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Stocking up valium pills! :wink:

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Decided to go for Silva in the end, I'm really not convinced by Hazard or Oscar at all. That was funded by Wilson to Rosenior who at least has a decent fixture (Palace H) in what looks like a horror GW12. Will play Boruc away at Arsenal and hope for some save points.

Team now looks like this for GW11:

A few future transfers penciled in just to remind myself. Obviously massively subject to change:

GW12 - Barkley to Januzaj - need some Man Utd cover. Could take a hit for it this week and save a load of cash but seems silly considering the fixtures.
GW13 - Clyne to Rat - poor defensive coverage that week and Rat has Fulham H
GW14 - Baines out for Williams - Man Utd A then Arsenal A for Baines in GW14&15
GW15 - Bank
GW16 - Sturridge out - to split up the SAS before Spurs A, Cardiff H, Man City A, Chelsea A :shock:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”