To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

chuck taylor 1 cheating multis 0

A forum for Fantasy Football games played on the Daily Mail website
Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man
Location: But Gerrard effed it up,again!! Gerrard effed it up, again!!!

chuck taylor 1 cheating multis 0

Post by Giggs11 »

some of you will know how fiso`s very own caped crusader chuck taylor or dixon as is now known fought a long hard battle against the families who sprang up every month in the daily mail and kept walking away with the £700 first prize and in doing so they illegitimately cheated honest players out of a bit of glory

well without any help from others dixon took these blaggards on,head on,and exposed a lot of cheating to the condemnation of some members on here.
it even got to the stage where he was banned from this forum :shock:

mod edit - this has nothing to do with why he was banned, as well he knows. if you want to take this up further please pm me. barry

he had the balls to take on some very respected managers who are idolised on here without anybody seeing through the fake transparency of their wins as they incorporated the same tactics as the aforementioned families and he was vilified by some

now it comes to light through all this adversity that dixon won a monthly through one of the cheats getting disqualified and so the prize was passed down
but eventhough this happened the mail told him to keep it a secret and not tell anybody about the win or the month and didnt even put it on their websites hall of fame :shock:
effing shame on you daily mail,its hard enough winning money as it is without being denied a bit of publicity

this is why i`ve started this thread as i think it only right that dixon gets all the congratulations he deserves

its one in the eye for the cheats and vilifiers and its one up to dixon
it just shows sometimes the little guy can win

i feel like a verse of `we shall overcome` is in order

so well done again dixon :mrgreen:

ps...now it`s out in the open,which month was it?

Tricky Tree
FISO Knight

Re: chuck taylor 1 cheating multis 0

Post by Tricky Tree »

Well done Chuck, and to your sister who won last month and your dad who won this month :wink:

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

Is that why he changed his nick from Chuck to Dixon (of dock green) :?:

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Revenge is best served with cold hard earned cash 8-)

Full story here view-from-a-non-dm-player-t93609.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Elkmaster
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: I seven-balled the Ingram boy

Post by The Elkmaster »

Well, what a result, got to take my hat off to you Dixon (as long as you didn't really choose the new username from the old police series).

Followed you rants/findings/accusations with interest last season in fact it was you that inspired me to let the cat out of the bag regarding certain issues (you know what I mean) :wink:

Never has a win been so well deserved, congratulations mucker, I hope you spent it wisely. :mrgreen:

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Giggs11 »

WilBert wrote:Revenge is best served with cold hard earned cash 8-)

Full story here view-from-a-non-dm-player-t93609.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

quite ironic that the last post on the linked thread was from a member of the winning minileague syndicate that chuck was exposing

i thought a lot of the reasonings for wags playing was especially funny

if there was no limit to individuals winning prizes or numbers of teams in anybodys name then im sure all the wags would suddenly give up their interest in the game

whether you`re paying to play or not you`re cheating plain and simple

there`s an old saying,dont piss down my leg and tell me its raining

the sad truth of this forum sometimes is that some members are blinded by the so called elite managers and are afraid to speak out for fear of being persecuted

the sun and the mail are full of cheats and by the looks of some names high up in tff then its passed on to there as well

long live dixon and his great work and fantastic secret win

The Elkmaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Elkmaster »

I think this thread is an inspiration to other FF managers who play it straight down the line. In fact it's made me write a poem, it's not very good I know, but I'm chuffed to bits and can't really think straight.

"Dixon is a good un
He reveals cheats
And lands on his feets"

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

:lol: The man in your avatar would be proud Elk. :P

The Elkmaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Elkmaster »

WilBert wrote::lol: The man in your avatar would be proud Elk. :P
Thanks mate, good luck with your mini's

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Giggs11 »

The Elkmaster wrote:I think this thread is an inspiration to other FF managers who play it straight down the line. In fact it's made me write a poem, it's not very good I know, but I'm chuffed to bits and can't really think straight.

"Dixon is a good un
He reveals cheats
And lands on his feets"

if dixons on the beat
you better not cheat
cus him and his truncheon
got lists of you bunching

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

The Elkmaster wrote:I think this thread is an inspiration to other FF managers who play it straight down the line. In fact it's made me write a poem, it's not very good I know, but I'm chuffed to bits and can't really think straight.

"Dixon is a good un
He reveals cheats
And lands on his feets
But don't have a chocolate off him
Because he puts back his half eaten sweets"
:lol:

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

There was a young lad called Dixon
Tired of the multis a-fixin'
He won with fair game
Was deprived of his fame
Til this thread with arse licks on

(sorry about the last line, needs a better rhyme for inspiration....)

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Giggs11 wrote:some of you will know how fiso`s very own caped crusader chuck taylor or dixon as is now known fought a long hard battle against the families who sprang up every month in the daily mail and kept walking away with the £700 first prize and in doing so they illegitimately cheated honest players out of a bit of glory

well without any help from others dixon took these blaggards on,head on,and exposed a lot of cheating to the condemnation of some members on here.

mod edit - this has nothing to do with why he was banned, as well he knows. if you want to take this up further please pm me. barry

he had the balls to take on some very respected managers who are idolised on here without anybody seeing through the fake transparency of their wins as they incorporated the same tactics as the aforementioned families and he was vilified by some

now it comes to light through all this adversity that dixon won a monthly through one of the cheats getting disqualified and so the prize was passed down
but eventhough this happened the mail told him to keep it a secret and not tell anybody about the win or the month and didnt even put it on their websites hall of fame :shock:
effing shame on you daily mail,its hard enough winning money as it is without being denied a bit of publicity

this is why i`ve started this thread as i think it only right that dixon gets all the congratulations he deserves

Oi Giggsy can you list in black n white who the cheats were who lost out on first place

tks in advance

Dorothy

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

sleuth wrote:
Giggs11 wrote:some of you will know how fiso`s very own caped crusader chuck taylor or dixon as is now known fought a long hard battle against the families who sprang up every month in the daily mail and kept walking away with the £700 first prize and in doing so they illegitimately cheated honest players out of a bit of glory

Oi Giggsy can you list in black n white who the cheats were who lost out on first place

tks in advance

Dorothy
I will second that Dotty,
Would like to see who the guilty were :?:
:?

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Giggs11 »

if only anybody knew apart from dixon

his win was top secret and never announced

pottster
Dumbledore
FS Record: Regularly finishing in the top 100

Post by pottster »

Yes it would be nice to know who got disqualified and which month it was as I am confused as to whether it was January or February especially as I was in contention for Januarys monthly and cant remember any familiar names up the top

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

Giggs11 wrote:if only anybody knew apart from dixon

his win was top secret and never announced
Oh well guess we will never know, reading through the other link it certainly will make me cautious of joining leagues from now on..........unless I chair them :mrgreen:

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

Some cheating is still going on in the Metro game.

A well respected manager & partner are making identical transfer changes at the same time.

Or perhaps their pillow talk consists of 'I no longer like that Michu bloke (Or whoever) Who do I put in my teams tomorrow dear'

Anyway Cograts to Chuck/Dixon

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

I didn't really follow Dixon's campaign last year very closely, although I did note that Prosser was a major target. The campaign was a step in the right direction but I didn't think that it was optimally targeted. If one is to make games organisers take the concerns of the majority of managers seriously about a small minority ignoring the rules of their games they need to be embarrassed.

Hence the main target should be big winners who have ignored the spirit of the game and not the winners of some relatively minor monthly prizes. That would be sorted out naturally in the wake of a high profile disqualification. For example where was any protest when a woman with dubious fantasy football management skills won the big seasonal prize in last year's Daily Mail comp?

Bert.
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bert. »

So he was "Taylor" and is now "Dixon". Did he get married of something??

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

Striker wrote:I didn't really follow Dixon's campaign last year very closely, although I did note that Prosser was a major target. The campaign was a step in the right direction but I didn't think that it was optimally targeted. If one is to make games organisers take the concerns of the majority of managers seriously about a small minority ignoring the rules of their games they need to be embarrassed.

Hence the main target should be big winners who have ignored the spirit of the game and not the winners of some relatively minor monthly prizes. That would be sorted out naturally in the wake of a high profile disqualification. For example where was any protest when a woman with dubious fantasy football management skills won the big seasonal prize in last year's Daily Mail comp?
Well when I emailed them asking for clarity they said multi entries from the same household/ip address etc were ok, as was "discussions" between said entries as long as they were entered in different names
So basically as you were :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

So they are saying that it's alright if without consultation with Mrs Striker (who knows as much about football as the average fiso-ite knows about 5th century Serbo-Croat history) I enter five teams in my name and five teams in her name?

If that's the case, and I'm assuming it is based on what you say, Suzykins, then the Daily Mail are idiots to place a limit on the entries of any one person.

P.S. If our canine household member wins next year, does anyone on here have the financial skills to help me cash the cheque? BTW he's a bit confused at the moment as he's having to learn a new name. Toby sounds a more realistic winner's name than his current moniker.

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

Striker wrote:So they are saying that it's alright if without consultation with Mrs Striker (who knows as much about football as the average fiso-ite knows about 5th century Serbo-Croat history) I enter five teams in my name and five teams in her name?

If that's the case, and I'm assuming it is based on what you say, Suzykins, then the Daily Mail are idiots to place a limit on the entries of any one person.

P.S. If our canine household member wins next year, does anyone on here have the financial skills to help me cash the cheque? BTW he's a bit confused at the moment as he's having to learn a new name. Toby sounds a more realistic winner's name than his current moniker.
Yep Striker thats what they said to me , basically as long as your missus says she is controlling her team everything is ok :evil:

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

Maybe if enough had got behind Chucks campaign then things would/could have changed :?:
At least I tried :!:
Me & Chuck changing the FF world ..........1 competition at a time :P

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Giggs11 »

Striker wrote:I didn't really follow Dixon's campaign last year very closely, although I did note that Prosser was a major target. The campaign was a step in the right direction but I didn't think that it was optimally targeted. If one is to make games organisers take the concerns of the majority of managers seriously about a small minority ignoring the rules of their games they need to be embarrassed.

surely a prize is a prize is a prize whether it be a minor monthly or a major seasonal,it still stops genuine people from claiming a prize that should be theirs

where`s your stance this year striker re the mail leagues and having dubious female members with renowned managers as relatives or is lucy not playing this year

wheres your stance this year on dubious female managers playing tff and up the top with their husband up top as well

do you ever complain or have complained in the past as im sure you know last years mail winners renowned family and last years minileague members renowned family

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

You seem to be a little confused giggsy and muddling me up with someone else. Having a successful FF record does not necessarily mean that one is a multi entrant or is willing to go against the spirit of any game.

So a few facts. This year I've entered two teams in the Mail comp and one of them isn't in any mini-league and one of them is in just one league which I set up myself. (Correction - it's also in Quizking's Bottle of Champagne League).

Last year I'm not sure but I may have entered my full whack of 5 teams, but didn't participate in any mini-leagues.

The previous year I had I think two teams and they were entered in one or two mini-leagues.

I've always been anti wives, girlfriends, dogs etc being entered by dodgy FF managers, and the one year that I found one of my teams in a league with the organisers girlfriends entry I mentioned to the intermediary manager through whom I'd been entered in the league that I wasn't impressed.

In the distant past I've made some noise but the vast majority of managers were simply not interested. One of those who was also keen to "clarify the rules" at that time (around 10 years ago) who tried hardest concluded that most fantasy managers are apathetic and get what they deserve. It's good that several years later Dixon is trying again and if its a well organised campaign I'm happy to join in, although personally I've never had any interest in monthlies (let alone any monthly mini-league comp), except for one single YTM entry once and a pathetic current October entry in the Mirror comp, aimed at giving me some idea of where my only seasonal entry at around 250th actually stands in the seasonal comp. I did once win a monthly by sheer accident. In 2008-9 when I won YTM I could very possibly have won the November monthly as I was in the top twenty in the middle of the month having used no transfers that month, but decided not to go for it. I think that proves my lack of interest in monthlies when playing properly so if you think that I'd ever be involved in going against the spirit of the game to win a monthly mini-league you're nuts.

As regards TFF I don't see why anyone would want to enter in someone elses name as there is no limit on entries. Unless it's something to do with only being able to win one monthly a season or something. Here I have no interest in the situation other than to say that anyone who tries to evade rules has no respect from me.

I look forward to your response.

P.S. I once had a discussion on fiso with last year's overall winner and even though he seems to be a reasonable bloke in most ways, I told him what I thought of him increasing his "permitted" entry by using his, at that time, girlfriend's name. I can't remember anyone else supporting me.

P.P.S. Who are the "family" who won last year's mini-league. I certainly don't know them unless a 12345678 league went under my radar.
Last edited by Striker on 26 Oct 2012, 16:23, edited 1 time in total.

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Giggs11 »

apologies if it felt like a personal dig at you which it wasnt but i know you`re one of the top managers around and see that you`re flying high in the mail so i(wrongly)assumed you are involved with the main members of last years syndicate
again my apologies

but what you say about having a discussion on fiso rather than complaining to the organisers is two different things

and if you`re totally against this and know its going on then why havent you organised anything before,surely as a top manager it could affect you one day

sometimes it needs a top manager like you to get the ball rolling as your influence on people listening may be greater than other managers who are rarely on the leaderboard

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Apology unreservedly accepted, although I'm not sure that you understand the meaning of "top". :wink:

Yes having a discussion is not the same thing, but it is putting the issue in the public domain and there was very little support for me, but if there had been major support, things would probably have taken a different turn. As an aside the most ridiculous thing was that his main line of argument supporting him making additional entries in his girlfriend's name was that as it wasn't (in his view) against the rules, he had a duty to his family to win as much as possible as they supported him taking time away from the family to play FF. :roll:

But as I said above in the past I have questioned organisers about what appeared to be sharp practice by some competitors but unless there is considerable support the chances of success are low as my experience suggests that the prime interest of the individuals involved is an easy life.

In recent years there was a period of three years when I was overseas full time when I played very little FF and since then my interest in achieving a level playing field and bringing organisers to book for cock ups is a thing of the past. But I have done my bit in the past. For example you may remember that one year there was a ridiculous situation where some TFF managers put in entries after the season started and got their scores for their players. People including myself complained to GFM and TFF but nothing happened until I contacted a senior person in the Telegraph who upon receiving a detailed description from myself kicked some a*ses and the situation which had been allowed to run on for many days was sorted out in hours.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

There was a young lad called Dixon
Tired of the multis a-fixin'
He won with fair game
Was deprived of his fame
Til' striker turned up and managed to go 3 posts before mentioning his travels :P :wink:

or

There was a young lad called Chuck
Tired of the multi's foul muck
He won with fair game
Was deprived of his fame
Great that some still give a f**

The Elkmaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Elkmaster »

nice one Wilbert I love poetry :D (as you can probably tell from my little ditty)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Daily Mail Fantasy Football”