To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Top 500 Overall - common surnames

A forum for Fantasy Football games played on the Daily Mail website
dean prosser
Cheetah

Re: Top 500 Overall - common surnames

Post by dean prosser »

It takes a big man to offer to meet up hermano a hermano, Russell, and although I am sufficiently respectful of the transparency and equanimity of your approach to all things FF, and am convinced now that you're not the late night freak caller, I will take you up on your meeting offer at some juncture, but purely in a social sense, and I promise to shout you a couple of pints - you're only 45 minutes away, it would seem rude not to!

I won't further discuss GFM on here, but I know I am right on various counts and will mail you privately about this. My personal e-mail is prosserdj@yahoo.co.uk. if you wish to get in touch.

Fair play and respect to you mate

Dean

p.s am starting to regret the names allocated to my failed TFF November MOTM's now, thought 'My FISO fan club' was quite good though. Would have been better had the useless f/&k%r won!!

The Elkmaster
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: I seven-balled the Ingram boy

Post by The Elkmaster »

dean prosser wrote:Hello Elkmaster

I thank you for welcoming me to FISO, and for considering me well read.

I can't, unfortunately, reciprocate, because you obviously have struggled to properly read what I wrote, so I am guessing the works of Dante, Dickens or Marlow might prove beyond you.

As I took pains to explain, I didn't properly read the T & C 's (as is often the case with me, I messed up TFF December by assuming it finished 31/12) in the Mail, but once GFM pointed them out, we withdrew from the game. Had we wanted to prolong our 'cheating', all we had to do was mail them them back, which we collectively chose not to do.

It will always be the case, that bigots will consider us guilty whatever I may post. I expected that, and I'm currently irritating myself for taking the first ounce of bait thrown out to me.

However, you are such a leading authority on all things GFM, that you can 100% confirm that they are in no way connected to the leading mini-leagues? How come??

I have categoric and irrefutable evidence that they have seriously breached the DATA PROTECTION ACT, a heinous crime for a limited Company, and I am still deciding what to do about it - my prerogative methinks. Incidentally, nowt to do with our personal mobile numbers which, as you rightly point out are in the public domain via our Company website.
Hi Dean, the name's Milan by the way, just a mere foreigner that tries to get by with the English language
(it's a hard one to get a grips with, but if you rather I respond to you in Serbian, I will).
Dickens, I presume you mean Charles, yes, I've heard of him, the other two....I haven't a clue. (there was no need to be sarcastic regarding my education and my understanding of the English language). You are far better educated than me, that was the luck of the draw nothing else!

I haven't stated that I am a leading authority on all things GFM, I stated that I can 100% confirm that GFM have no connection with the leading mini leagues........because I have got a connection with the leading mini leagues.

Thanks
Milan.

dean prosser
Cheetah

Post by dean prosser »

Milan, it wasn't my intention to disrespect your command of the English language, I was simply exasperated that my point that we chose to allow our teams to be removed, rather than have them forcibly removed, had already been overlooked.

On the linguistic front, English is my wife's 4th language, and I can assure you that she is a far more intelligent, indeed, better person than I. English neither maketh man nor, clearly, maketh manners.

I didn't choose to join this forum to fallout with anyone (I have enough of that in everyday life), I principally wanted to explain the impotency of GFM's policing of the game so that people didn't throw more time away trying to right wrongs.

I am personally embarrassed for my role in the whole Daily Mail saga, and it has tarnished my lifelong enjoyment of Fantasy Footie.

Apologies again for any offence caused

Regards

Dean

tedbull
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 82nd 08/09

Post by tedbull »

dean prosser wrote:Milan, it wasn't my intention to disrespect your command of the English language, I was simply exasperated that my point that we chose to allow our teams to be removed, rather than have them forcibly removed
I'd be disappointed if others had ignored that statement. Your "tacit withdrawal" was to not respond to the emails that showed that you'd been caught out. You didn't choose to have your teams withdrawn, you chose to enter them in multiple names. Everything else was of someone else's choosing.

Apologies if this isn't dressed up with literary references but you're talking shite.

That said, no-one should take this so seriously as to crank call your wife - that's terrible behaviour carried out by dickheads.

bigsheff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bigsheff »

tedbull wrote: I'd be disappointed if others had ignored that statement. Your "tacit withdrawal" was to not respond to the emails that showed that you'd been caught out. You didn't choose to have your teams withdrawn, you chose to enter them in multiple names. Everything else was of someone else's choosing.
bottom line is though - he did allow his teams to be withdrawn.
there are still others who will have responded to the emails & are continuing to use their partners details.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

Update:

Last Thursday I received this:

"We are currently investigating a number of complaints regarding potential abuse of the 5 teams per person limit on the Mail Fantasy Football game.

Following an analysis of site access/transfer activity, it would seem that a number of teams, including yours, are being controlled by one person, which would be in contravention of the Terms and Conditions of the game.

As we are sure you will understand, the limit of 5 teams per person was set in order to provide a fair and level playing field for all managers and also to adhere to best practice for the UK Gambling regulations.

As such, we would be grateful if you would reply to this email by Friday 3rd February 2012 at 5pm and confirm whether or not the teams registered under your name are indeed managed directly by yourself and to also confirm that you do not have any control over any other teams in the game. If we fail to receive verification of the validity of the managers running the teams including contact telephone numbers by this time, we must assume that they have been entered in contravention of the game rules and all teams will be removed from the game.

If you have inadvertently entered too many teams, then let us know and we can arrange for their removal from the game.

We look forward to hearing from you".

I've replied confirming I have only five teams (and pointing out I've been playing paid for GFM games for years so it should be pretty clear I'm genuine) but haven't heard anything back. It's pretty poor that they impose a week deadline on me, under the threat of being expelled from the game, yet don't bother to reply for at least five days themselves. Also it's quite hard to defend yourself when you don't know specifically what you're being accused of doing wrong :? :(

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

Agreed,they should give people more time to respond,especially as many go skiing for a couple of weeks at this time of the year.

They're cutting corners by not listing the teams which led to their suspicions,probably in an attempt to flush out teams they hadn't identified as possible multis.

Perhaps fewer people will enter more than 5 teams next season now that they're taking some sort of action.

So innocents like yourself should face a slightly more level playing field next season,if not this season. I say slightly,as the hardened pro's won't desist so readily.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Re: Re: Top 500 Overall - common surnames

Post by Tacalabala »

The Bear wrote:
Tacalabala wrote:Who's Charlie Cooper?
http://www.xlgirls.com/modeldir/model/C ... 1&strack=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dont open at work
Renee Ross is nice as well 8-)

The Bear
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Would be alot better but for Andy L & E !

Post by The Bear »

Tacalabala wrote:
The Bear wrote:
http://www.xlgirls.com/modeldir/model/C ... 1&strack=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dont open at work
Yeah she is quality :)

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

The Bear wrote:
Tacalabala wrote:
The Bear wrote:

Dont open at work
Yeah she is quality :)
Her PP stuff is quality

The Elkmaster
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: I seven-balled the Ingram boy

Post by The Elkmaster »

Not so many females in the monthly this month, interesting team name in 3rd :lol:

1 Mr Williams Mr W Feb No 1 449
2 Mr Elliott Twenty Twelve 439
3 Mrs WENHAM VALENTINES HATE FISO 434
3 Mr Pregon CAPITAL 2 434
5 Mr Humble Humbled 5 431
6 Mr Mann liam 430
7 Mr Sampson Timmys team 1 424
7 Ms Swirles feb 424
9 Mr Shabban BEEEZ FEB 419
10 Mr Fisher Xmas Rangers 2 416

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Daily Mail Fantasy Football”