To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Daily Mail Codes

A forum for Fantasy Football games played on the Daily Mail website
quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Re: Daily Mail Codes

Post by quizking »

scopsm wrote:Am I correct in thinking
If I captained Ibrahimovic on Saturday 7th May at 12.00 (he would have got 6 x 2 points on Saturday as he scored a goal), then subbed him and then brought him back into my team and made him captain again last night for the PSG game last night (again he would have got 6 x 2 points last night as he scored a goal).
So in total, he would have scored me 24 points (as he was set as my captain at 12.00 deadline on Saturday for the week even though I subbed him and brought him back on during that week).

Correct?

Don't think I got the extra 6 points last night for captaincy.
In theory and according to the rules, that's how it should work. In practice (and I tried this with one of my own teams earlier this season) it doesn't - the nominated captain won't get double points if he's been deselected at any time and then brought back.

A very disappointing game this year to put it mildly. My two main bugbears have been lack of an overall prize to aim for, and rule/date changes after the game launched. We're used to silentmanager/chroma making mistakes but this game this season has had more than most - not all chroma's fault from what I understand - right at the start of the season the mail didn't print a powerplay code for the first week, so plans of setting up teams to get a good start were thwarted from the off. And it's been downhill since then, looking back through the threads I don't think that there has been a game month without issues.

scopsm
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 6th AOL comp 2009/10 season; Winner of SportsKnockout Pro League, 15th William Hill 2010/11, 2nd Sun Dream Team weekly Dec 2014, 3rd Tennis for Free Champions League 2015

Post by scopsm »

quizking wrote:
scopsm wrote:Am I correct in thinking
If I captained Ibrahimovic on Saturday 7th May at 12.00 (he would have got 6 x 2 points on Saturday as he scored a goal), then subbed him and then brought him back into my team and made him captain again last night for the PSG game last night (again he would have got 6 x 2 points last night as he scored a goal).
So in total, he would have scored me 24 points (as he was set as my captain at 12.00 deadline on Saturday for the week even though I subbed him and brought him back on during that week).

Correct?

Don't think I got the extra 6 points last night for captaincy.
In theory and according to the rules, that's how it should work. In practice (and I tried this with one of my own teams earlier this season) it doesn't - the nominated captain won't get double points if he's been deselected at any time and then brought back.

A very disappointing game this year to put it mildly. My two main bugbears have been lack of an overall prize to aim for, and rule/date changes after the game launched. We're used to silentmanager/chroma making mistakes but this game this season has had more than most - not all chroma's fault from what I understand - right at the start of the season the mail didn't print a powerplay code for the first week, so plans of setting up teams to get a good start were thwarted from the off. And it's been downhill since then, looking back through the threads I don't think that there has been a game month without issues.
Thanks for that. Have emailed them in any case so they can check it out. Yes, it has been a long season in this game...

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

Strange that, because I was worried about the same thing initially. But every time I've done it I have got the captain points OK. For instance this week I left this weeks choice Martial out for the 4pm ko's on Sunday. Brought him back for Tuesday, and got his Cpt. points no trouble.

I know one thing which did catch me out a few times is the 12 noon cut off for captain changes on the Saturday. Have carried the wrong captain over into the next week a couple of times because of that.

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

Last time I trust the BBC fixtures page. Looked the other day and it had all the Spanish matches starting 4pm Sunday same as the prem matches. Now they have changed it completely. Maybe they were waiting for results of the penultimate fixtures before deciding. So make sure you Barca, and Real players are not on the bench today at 4.

Annoying thing is I would never have used my last transfer of the week to bring in sturridge Thursday if I thought I could play a premiership player upfront on Sunday. As I doubt he will play.

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

No transfer code this week, so I have been informed after I e-mailed them.
Query Ref - 247296
Date Updated - 17/05/2016 16:55:52

Update Information :

Hi there

There is no more bonus transfer code to be activated this week. Thank you.

Regards
Support team

Caey Kid
Kevin and Perry

Post by Caey Kid »

Does anyone know what the rules are regarding the allocation of points for rescheduled games?

The reason I ask, I was top of the latest and last monthly competition which the prizes page lists as being between 16th April 2016 - 15th May 2016 up until last nights (17th May 2016) rescheduled game of United v Bournemouth. The points for that game was enough for the team in second to displace me from the top even though the competition (according to the prize page) was over two days before. :(

Thanks in advance.

Caey Kid
Kevin and Perry

Post by Caey Kid »

Caey Kid wrote:Does anyone know what the rules are regarding the allocation of points for rescheduled games?

The reason I ask, I was top of the latest and last monthly competition which the prizes page lists as being between 16th April 2016 - 15th May 2016 up until last nights (17th May 2016) rescheduled game of United v Bournemouth. The points for that game was enough for the team in second to displace me from the top even though the competition (according to the prize page) was over two days before. :(

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys and gals, this is the response i got from them this afternoon:

"Update Information :

Hi there

The match between Manchester United vs AFC Bournemouth were scheduled on 15/05/2016. The match were scheduled before the beginning of the premier league season 2015-16. According to the unforeseen circumstance, they had to reschedule this match to be played on 17/05/2016, which in fact it was primarily scheduled on 15/05/2016. Therefore, the match The match between Manchester United vs AFC Bournemouth was counted in week 9 - 16th April 2016 - 15th May 2016.

Regards
Support Team"

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Daily Mail Fantasy Football”