To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

2013-14 Daily Mail Fantasy Football

A forum for Fantasy Football games played on the Daily Mail website
Striker
FISO Knight

Re: 2013-14 Daily Mail Fantasy Football

Post by Striker »

Maldini wrote:Bit of a weasel, aren't you Lugger.

Glad you had the money taken away fella.

Good smoke & mirrors trick too btw.
I was under the impression that I knew what was going on in this thread.

But what on earth does smoke and mirrors refer to?

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

Maldini wrote:Jealous that you won nothing.

How's that work? :D
I did win, the Daily Mail just preferred to make up some ambigious rule for re-calculation without telling anyone about it.

It effectively might as well have been a rigged game.

Seems they'd prefer to award prizes to people with the surname Burt instead.

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man
Location: But Gerrard effed it up,again!! Gerrard effed it up, again!!!

Post by Giggs11 »

Binkys on the case tomorrow which I`d love to hear the conversation.

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

I'll add at this point that there is nothing to suggest anyone having used multiple IDs in this thread, IPs don't match.

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

Striker wrote:I was under the impression that I knew what was going on in this thread.

I think he's insinuating that I'm mmm and brazilian.

Although his(Maldini's) join date and subsequent posts might seem odd to some people as well.
Last edited by Lugger on 22 Jul 2014, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

Vid wrote:I'll add at this point that there is nothing to suggest anyone having used multiple IDs in this thread, IPs don't match.
Do the countries/towns of the IP's match?

A yes or no answer concerning my own account, mmm and brazilians might help.

Does my IP show up as being from the same country as theirs?

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Giggs11 wrote:Binkys on the case tomorrow which I`d love to hear the conversation.
Can't binky make a brief guest appearance in this thread? :wink:

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Lugger wrote:
Vid wrote:I'll add at this point that there is nothing to suggest anyone having used multiple IDs in this thread, IPs don't match.
Do the countries/towns of the IP's match?

A yes or no answer concerning my own account, mmm and brazilians might help.

Does my IP show up as being from the same country as theirs?
Nope, different islands. There was a post being composed by someone from near you, no idea if he's given up or is writing something very long though.

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

Vid wrote:Nope, different islands. There was a post being composed by someone from near you, no idea if he's given up or is writing something very long though.
Thanks, well there is FUBU05's answer regarding the identity of those accounts.

Is this person near me a new account?

It could be someone I know, lots of people are aware of the situation close to where I live.

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Lugger wrote:
Striker wrote:I was under the impression that I knew what was going on in this thread.

I think he's insinuating that I'm mmm and brazilian.

Although his(Maldini's) join date and subsequent posts might seem odd to some people as well.
Whilst I'll not exactly vouch for Maldini, he's been around since 2007, has some very strong views on a number of things, agreed with some, disagreed with others.

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Lugger wrote:
Vid wrote:Nope, different islands. There was a post being composed by someone from near you, no idea if he's given up or is writing something very long though.
Thanks, well there is FUBU05's answer regarding the identity of those accounts.

Is this person near me a new account?

It could be someone I know, lots of people are aware of the situation close to where I live.
If you look at the name of the newest member (bottom of the index page) that might be a clue :-)

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Striker wrote:
Maldini wrote:Bit of a weasel, aren't you Lugger.

Glad you had the money taken away fella.

Good smoke & mirrors trick too btw.
I was under the impression that I knew what was going on in this thread.

Maldini can you clarify.

When I first read this on-going thread some time ago I was not on anyone's side, although I felt that Lugger was being a bit of a pain, going on and on about something that was too late to change. If I'd been in his position I'd either simply have accepted that as I'd been taking the piss by gaining transfers, that was the end of it, OR if I felt that I was blameless I'd have gone over the heads of those running the game to present my case, and if I'd had no success I'd have given up, but only after creating several waves. I wouldn't have wasted my time with long posts on fiso, although I might have kept the forum in the loop briefly.

However as the thread has gone on and it appears that FUBU has been economical with the truth my main feeling is that he should be the one targeted by other posters.

You seem to disagree? What am I missing?

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

Vid wrote:Whilst I'll not exactly vouch for Maldini, he's been around since 2007, has some very strong views on a number of things, agreed with some, disagreed with others.
Fair enough. Did he just create an alt account or was he banned?

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Lugger wrote:
Vid wrote:Whilst I'll not exactly vouch for Maldini, he's been around since 2007, has some very strong views on a number of things, agreed with some, disagreed with others.
Fair enough. Did he just create an alt account or was he banned?
He likes to change his ID, this must be the 5th or 6th now. His choice, not the result of bans but older IDs have been deactivated.

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

Vid wrote:He likes to change his ID, this must be the 5th or 6th now. His choice, not the result of bans but older IDs have been deactivated.
Cheers again, you've scarred him now I'll bet. :)

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Lugger wrote:
Vid wrote:He likes to change his ID, this must be the 5th or 6th now. His choice, not the result of bans but older IDs have been deactivated.
Nah, we get on okay for the most part, can be a bit abrasive at times but his heart is in the right place.

Jagduracell
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd TFF World Cup 2014, 8th in TFF Fantasy Lions and a few TFF and TFC weekly wins

Post by Jagduracell »

Been interesting reading this and am only commenting as my train has broken down. It did seem as if Lugger had the bit between his teeth as he had just missed out on a big prize. Whether he was right or wrong is open to some debate (I personally feel he was wrong so can't really complain as vociferously as he has done).

However, it now seems as if the main benefactor and tormentor in this whole thread has also not played fairly and even though Lugger has his view which I deem incorrect at least he has opened up on who he is and has been laid bare for us all to decide whether he has taken advantage of the loophole and whether he is right or wrong.

Fubu however is not willing to give any info and is displaying classic diversionary tactics to deflect away from what all interested bystanders want to know.

For what it's worth it seems like a completely corrupt game that I am glad that I merely entered my quota of teams in and then forgot about them!

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

Jagduracell wrote:Been interesting reading this and am only commenting as my train has broken down. It did seem as if Lugger had the bit between his teeth as he had just missed out on a big prize. Whether he was right or wrong is open to some debate (I personally feel he was wrong so can't really complain as vociferously as he has done).
Ofcourse you are entitled to your opinion, but in my view anyone who has been taking the game seriously has at some stage used the glitch inadvertently or otherwise. My guess would be that almost everybody or everybody on the leaderbaord has used it at some stage, I quite frankly don't believe what I have been told from GFM especially after what has came to light today.

Once you had used it(and that was only possible playing within the rules), it would have been virtually impossible to keep a track of who your captaincy was on as I explained earlier. And as the software didn't stop you most players would have assumed those were the rules, this, 'glitch,' seemingly went on for many months as well it would seem. Like I also explained before you still only got a maximum of 21 different captains with or without the glitch making it even more difficult to discern the rules.

I have also been told by a poster on another board that GFM changed their T&C's during the game, I can't vouch for what they changed exactly because I only have one copy from pretty late on.

Jagduracell
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd TFF World Cup 2014, 8th in TFF Fantasy Lions and a few TFF and TFC weekly wins

Post by Jagduracell »

I didn't have a clue about the glitch and had a load if transfers and a decent base team in May so went for motm. I may have missed out to a more serious player who knew about the glitch but I will never know.

Your argument seems to be that 'everyone was at it so I should win' rather than 'I cheated as did many others so I hope they have given the prizes to those that won fairly' so I have no sympathy.

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

Jagduracell wrote:I didn't have a clue about the glitch and had a load if transfers and a decent base team in May so went for motm. I may have missed out to a more serious player who knew about the glitch but I will never know.

Your argument seems to be that 'everyone was at it so I should win' rather than 'I cheated as did many others so I hope they have given the prizes to those that won fairly' so I have no sympathy.
People didn't intentionally cheat, because there was no way of knowing what would happen when you transferred someone in for someone other than your captain and switched the captaincy to him. That was the software's job, to add to the confusion GFM never highlighted to anyone at anytime that there was a problem. Most people only realized when they changed it back in January.

It also looks like they had been paying out monthly prizes from August to December without any qualms, making it all the more strange. Usually when there is a problem like this they try to rectify it in some way or make the players aware of it.

They may as well have voided everyone's team who had used it, because people would have no idea of knowing how they intended to recalculate scores. Obviously that would have effected how you played the game entirely, there was simply no way to re-calculate points fairly. They had an opportunity to rectify the problem in January and they didn't, although it seems they were aware of the, 'glitch,' from much earlier.

Stephen Murphy
Cheetah

Post by Stephen Murphy »

Folks I am the brother of Lugger who you all know is Sean Murphy. The only reason I am on the site is because my brother asked my to read it today whilst I was out shopping in Tesco, he actually phoned me to see if I had created an account and commented on this thread (which I hadn't) as he said "things have got interesting today, go on and have a look". So I came home and had a nosey. I have never commented on any forum before in my life (just not my thing) I just want to mention a few things.

> Firstly my family is disgusted as my bro has affectively been robbed of £40,000 he was lead to believe he would win right up to the day before the FA cup final. When a generic email came out mentioning him as the leader chasing the 40K prize. He dedicated a lot of his time making the correct changes in the last weeks of the game which was time spent in vain.
> I don't want to argue T&Cs as it appears my bro and this Fubu girl/fella have argued it until they are blue in the face. I only want to say as I play the game also that neither my brother or myself knew we had voided our teams until my brother was contacted 3 weeks after the game was over. I had sent him a txt earlier in the season which I actually still have on my phone asking had there been some kind of rule change. Both of us read the T&Cs and couldn't make any real sense out it. As my bro has previously mentioned as this glitch ran for months we just assumed the rules had changed. I have my own thoughts on this, a lot has been mentioned about experienced players should have known something was wrong but if this was your first time playing the game which I'm sure it was for many, they wouldn't of had a clue anything was strange as who seriously reads every T&C in depth and for the game not to inform every player that they changed their own T&Cs half way through the game (did they commandeer their own rules and if so who holds them to account?)
> I could go into a rant explaining that this so called glitch which allowed people to make the extra captains changes was obviously some sort of software glitch and if the game software worked properly then no one could physically go over the captain allocation. Thus no one would have been able to break the rules in this way (no apology or ownership of responsibility by the company to my brother by the way). What really made me bite the bullet and comment is that my brother has now been accused of having selected more than 5 teams by what can only be described as a plonker doing that exact thing. Therefore I felt I had to come and guarantee 100% that both my brother and I select the allocated 5 teams and that is it (I'm sure I could provide screen shots to prove that). I work 2 jobs and play other FF games and try to have some sort of life, (it is time consuming enough updating the 5 teams). My brother and I knew full well Justin/Natalie Burt was 1 user, if you've played this game before that was obvious. To be honest it is no personal attack on Fubu as I don't fully understand all the accusation and links showing proof that they have continually selected more than 5 teams under different user names. What would make me angry would be to think that someone who was using more teams and purposely cheating got prize money when my brother who completely inadvertently commandeered the so called T&Cs didn't. Also the monthly prize issue as previously mentioned by my brother (did these people use this so called glitch. Also I'm not saying this Fubu character is a Burt because I don't know and to be honest I don't care.
> On a side note I hade a team last year who was as high as 6th or 7th at 1 stage and finished in the 20s I believe. I made transfers from a dodgy computer in work (admittedly not the games fault) which didn't change my players yet still took the transfers off me. This was the 1 and only time I contacted the Daily Mail and basically they washed their hands of it, they could easily have seen that my team from the previous game week had not changed but my transfer allowance had been deducted 2 transfers. I thought they may have been able to reset these transfers but they didn't do anything. I was as impressed by the company that runs this game then as I am now in relation to my brothers nightmare.
> Basically my brother has been robbed, I don't care about anyone else cheating or not. (He broke a rule that should not be able to be broken if the software worked properly) Joke!!!!!
> The powers that be have made bad decisions in their running of the game.
> There is no transparency in relation as to who exactly has won the prizes.
> My brothers name was still showing on the leader board weeks after the game was over (falsely promoting him as the main prize winner) until he contacted the advertising agency and surprise surprise it was removed the following day. He is chasing other legal avenues and I hope for his sake something positive comes from his efforts
> I am sure I have said stuff on here that my brother will not even appreciate but something had to be said, the Daily Mail Fantasy Football game is a complete shambles and they have not dealt with my brother with any class or dignity, not even so much as a sorry! I know they have basically covered all eventualities in terms of their ridiculous T&Cs (which basically state they can do whatever they want) however there is a level of common decency that you would expect a so called professional company to adhere to and they have fallen a long way short of what is expected.

There you have it, the honest thoughts of the brother of the fella who won the game yet didn't receive a penny.

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

mmm wrote:1. You are Justin Burt. If you are Justin Burt then you're a cheat.

2. You are not Justin Burt. If you are not Justin Burt then for some reason you have been indirectly pretending to be Justin Burt and the rest of the Burt family for the last 5 or 6 years and you're actually just some nutter who has never won anything.

If I wanted estimate the probabilities then I'd go 99.9% option one, and 0.1% option 2. So can I prove that you are Justin Burt? Well, I'm taking proof in this instance to be 100% so the answer is no, I can't prove it.
This guy is clever. 8-)

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

Thanks Stephen, paragraphs are your friend. :lol:

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Post by Billy Stark »

Striker wrote:
Giggs11 wrote:Binkys on the case tomorrow which I`d love to hear the conversation.
:lol:

bigsheff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bigsheff »

swear filter would probably break :lol:

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Billy Stark wrote:
Striker wrote:
:lol:
If ever there was a time...

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Vid wrote:
Lugger wrote:
Nah, we get on okay for the most part, can be a bit abrasive at times but his heart is in the right place.
I love you too Vid. ;)

And you're right, I'm an arse who needs to learn how to count to ten more often. :D

Striker - apologies, my post was misleading. The smoke and mirrors comment was aimed at FUB05. Was typing on my phone and it's a bit fidgety.

FUB05 - although I agree with your points of view regarding Mr Lugger, you've been a bit of a shit if you are indeed a Burt of some description.
You've also directly cost me and a charity a few hundred quid because I was a prominent member of the Superleague that came 2nd.

Lugger - I've still absolutely zero sympathy for you and your plight. In fact, you constantly playing the victim and now wheeling out family members to try and support the case you don't really have is more annoying than your initial rule breaking.

Hope that's cleared a few things up.

Now stop commenting on here because every time I see the Daily Mail pop up on my latest topics feed, I think the new game has launched!

Stephen Murphy
Cheetah

Post by Stephen Murphy »

LOL cheers Sean, stop being a grammar Nazi. It looks like that Fubu fella has been completely rumbled. Whoever Mmmm is I wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of them. Good detective work thou. I would contact the Mail again with all that evidence. Make sure you are taking screen shots of this all.

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

Stephen Murphy wrote:LOL cheers Sean, stop being a grammar Nazi. It looks like that Fubu fella has been completely rumbled. Whoever Mmmm is I wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of them. Good detective work thou. I would contact the Mail again with all that evidence. Make sure you are taking screen shots of this all.
The dude is like Columbo, I definitely wouldn't want to piss him off.

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

Maldini wrote:FUB05 - although I agree with your points of view regarding Mr Lugger, you've been a bit of a shit if you are indeed a Burt of some description.
You've also directly cost me and a charity a few hundred quid because I was a prominent member of the Superleague that came 2nd.
See my pm. :roll:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Daily Mail Fantasy Football”