To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

119th

A forum for Fantasy Football games played on the Daily Mail website
Chris765
Treebeard
FS Record: DT 11/12, 12/13 monthly top 100. 1st in FISO DT 2014 World Cup EL

119th

Post by Chris765 »

First year playing the Mail FF, usually play the Sun and Metro, and I find myself in 118th place after the first weekend. I have only used 1 transfer and was thinking I might have a good crack at trying to win the monthly. Team is:

Cech
Terry
Lescott
O'Brien (W Ham)
Coleman (Everton)
Lampard
Lennon
Nolan
Paulinho
Sturridge
Soldado

Mignolet
Toure
Coutinho
Deulofeu (Everton)

Any tips on how to best use my subs for best points potential? Was thinking of loading up on City players before tonights match but that is about as far as I have got.

Cheers

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Re: 119th

Post by CptPugwash »

i wouldn't go for monthly with that team - its well set for a go at the overall.

At the mail you set teams up completely differently for the monthly than the overall. Overall teams should gave defenders from 6 different teams - 5 at most to give long term rotation. Monthly teams will have defenders & GKs from 2 or possibly 3 teams for short term rotation. E.G. This month i would have recommended only using Man City & Liverpool defence.

Notice that you have 2 tottenham midfielders. I would recommend transferring 1 out at a suitable opportunity. You have no week 4 sunday coverage Ars-Stoke Man C v Man U, which is a bit of a sin with 6 midfielders. Personally i would transfer 1 out after next Saturdays game and bring in a Man U midfielder for the Sunday game, then you will have midfield coverage until at least week 10. Actually if you can afford i'd swap out a Spurs midfielder for a Man C tonight.

Chris765
Treebeard

Post by Chris765 »

Cheers Pugwash,

I am happy to sacrifice my season chances to have a real go at the Sept monthly, a lot can change in 9 months! I'm looking to use the 15 remaining transfers and Capt changes to take full advantage this month hence loading Man C for tonight and possibly chucking in some Newcastle for good measure.

Any obvious choices with this in mind? Not really up to speed on transfer tactics bearing in mind the DM rules around subs etc.

Chris765
Treebeard

Post by Chris765 »

To those with any interest I brought in 6 Man City Players and am now 20th! Still 60 odd points behind the leader but who knows. Looking to bring in a couple more Chelsea for tomorrow night and see what happens from there.

As an aside how are the Mail on multiple entries? Big mix of Russian names in the top 10 makes me think that someone is playing the system. Reminds me of Tamgate from Sun Dreamteam a few years back where tens of thousands of entries were made by a gang from the Far East.

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

Chris what is your full squad & how many transfers have you left. It's a bit hard to make recommendations without seeing the full squad. However you should get a plan in place for all using all your transfers over the next 2 weeks.
These are a few of the things i'd look at.

Aston Villa for tonight. They go chelsea then Liverpool home on saturday. It's a 2 for 0 over teams not playing until Sunday, and if it comes off it will be a good differential over some of the teams above you.
You need to be loaded up on Sunday for Man City (Cardiff away then Hull home on Saturday), though you should definitely be able to transfer some out and back in before then.

There isn't any other Sunday/Monday to Saturday combinations over the next 2 weeks apart from Cardiff (ManC then Everton both at home) if any of their players take your fancy,that could be another differential.

Have at least a couple of transfers planned for ManU next Monday, although the fixtures are not great (Chelsea home, Liverpool away) its your last chance to get players in for 2 games.

Other things to mention, which would be obvious to seasoned players of this game. Don't take any more saturday players out of your team for tonight. Unless you are farely sure they are not playing, or they are defenders you fancy are going to concede a few. Instead take out sunday players.

Good Luck

Chris765
Treebeard

Post by Chris765 »

Cheers again Pugwash.
Slipped back in to the 30s, let down by Chelsea conceding.
Bloody complicated with all this transfer business, but have your taken your advice on board and think I have set myself up ok for the weekend. Few transfers to play with so will be looking at getting in some United players on Monday and see where we go from there.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Make sure you have a captain for every game day and plan them. I.e. Lamps on Tuesday transferring out (without using a captain change) to Walcott. At the same time doing RvP to Giroud, then if you wanted to change to a Forward captain use a captain change for Sunday captaining Soldado, transferring Soldado out on Monday for RvP not using a captaincy change etc...

Good luck.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Daily Mail Fantasy Football”