To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Key Questions.

A forum for Fantasy Football games played on the Daily Mail website
CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Key Questions.

Post by CptPugwash »

It's very quiet in the forum of which I consider to be the best FF game of them all.
Anyway here are my key questions for the start of the season, listed in order of importance (to me). Hopefully I can stir some discussion.
Liverpool:
Is Sturridge starting the season?
If Sturridge starts how often is Aspas likely to start.
How nailed on are the obvious back4.
I don't care whether Coutinho is left of a front 3, or in the hole of a 4231, as he will score points from wherever. The only reason to care at all is if he plays left of a front 3 and Sturridge plays too, its hard to see Aspas playing.
The final question has Suarez played his last game for Liverpool?

Spurs:
Are spurs playing 433 or 4231. Assuming it's 433, then the midfield 3 looks nailed on. However if they go 4231, do they play 2 from 3, or push 1 of Sandro/Dembele/Paulinho up the pitch, and which 1
Is Soldado looking an automatic pick from the get go.
Bale does he stay or does he go?

Arsenal
In a fully fit Arsenal team 5 of the current front 6 looks between nearly nailed on & nailed on. (Arteta/Wilshire/Corzola/Walcott/Giroud) Am I right to think that?
Van Persie aside I don't think there's anyone else playing for a Big7 more nailed on to start up front than Giroud agree/disagree?
Is Rosicky likely to get the 6th slot very often, and if he doesn't start will he come off the bench more often than not. Because if he does he represents excellent value where I can't afford Corzola or Walcott.
How likely is Walcott to play the first game?
Am I right in thinking that Koscielny represents the best value in the Arsenal defence, certainly short term?

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Re: Key Questions.

Post by Art Vandelay »

Didn't stir up much discussion then....I did write a reply to that a few days ago having a stab at answering those questions but it didn't submit properly, I lost it all, and didn't have the enthusiasm to write it all again.

I generally avoided Liverpool altogether. I'll let them settle down, see how they're lining up and whether Suarez stays. I did have Coutinho in a couple of teams though. I wouldn't consider Aspas, looks like he's playing wide but down as a forward and not particularly cheap. You can have Sturridge for only 0.9 more.

Tottenham midfielders look good value. I've had Paulinho in a few teams but if Bales leaves Chadli might be better and Sigurdsson is very pickable if he's going to play regularly. What's happened to Sandro and Holtby?

I generally make it a rule to never have Arsenal defenders in any games. I made an exception last year for Vermaelen and it worked out very badly. I won't be doing that again. I wouldn't consider Rosicky either, he's bound to get injured and doesn't get enough goals to make up for all the times he's injured or left out. Giroud looks good value. I haven't started with him as there were too many clashes with my other forwards but assuming Arse don't sign anyone I'll probably bring him in to a few sides.

A couple more questions- Anyone know anything about Rat (WestHam) and Tonev (Villa), where they just benched because they'd played in midweek internationals or are they likely to be sitting out for a while?

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Rat didn't play in the international.Presumably Sam is starting him slowly so await Saturday team news.
Tonev played in an international.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

Thanks, seems a bit strange to leave Rat out, I'd have thought Cardiff at home was a good game to ease him in :? I'll give them both until the international break....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Daily Mail Fantasy Football”