To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

2013-14 Mini Leagues - lessons learned from last year

A forum for Fantasy Football games played on the Daily Mail website
WilBert
Dumbledore

2013-14 Mini Leagues - lessons learned from last year

Post by WilBert »

First up, I won't be organising this year but I did say I would run a "lessons learnt" from last year.

A few things from me:-

- started too late
- I tried to keep everyone happy
- some managers were not season long
- any hint of multi-accounts should mean exclusion
- there should be a minimum post count
- we should consider past performance
- have a strict cut-off point e.g. top 500 by 1/Oct
- holidays should be announced before hand

The hardest thing is to sort out the tortoise from the hare, anyone can get into the top 1000 by October by burning transfers and captaincy changes but it counts for nothing come the end of the season.

My advice for anyone who wants to take this seriously is an early cut-off, say 1/Oct, then accept 7 or 8 teams in the top e.g. 1000 only with a couple of teams from the top e.g 2000 from seasoned campaigners. Closer to the deadline I would suggest a review to hone those leagues down creating more combinations from the small core of good teams/campaigners.

(Can teams kicked out of leagues join other leagues?)

Along side these "serious" leagues we could also have the not so serious leagues set up for those of us who play for fun and to see how we do against other posters.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Re: 2013-14 Mini Leagues - lessons learned from last year

Post by coleridge »

How about putting together a league now, of people who finished top 100ish last year.
I know past perfermance is no indicator of future success,but its a good sign people are
around for the long haul.
I think it would also make sense to make sure the prize money however divided goes down
to 7/8th to keep everyone motivated.
Everyone can still try and sort better ml's nearer cut off time,but it would'nt be a bad starting point.
Anyone interested?

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Regarding MLs aiming for the prizes, admin has created a sub-forum for organizing such, if there is interest. I've invited 2 or 3 posters that in my view have made useful comments and appear to be interested in working out the best way to go about this.

Giving everything a few weeks to settle down now and I'd suggest that during the September international break those with a real interest in this apply/ are invited to join the sub-forum. I'd very much doubt that any of my teams will be of any use and see my role as keeping an eye on things and helping out as best I can to enable the competitive players work together to challenge for the ML prize.

If anyone wishes to register an interest does so here and we'll see how things look in a few weeks time.

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

I'm interested - did OK last year without ever threatening the top. Agree we need to get the act together much earlier this time, and make sure that people who take part are committed to plugging on for the whole season - one weak link in a team of five and you have no chance, as last year showed.

scopsm
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 6th AOL comp 2009/10 season; Winner of SportsKnockout Pro League, 15th William Hill 2010/11, 2nd Sun Dream Team weekly Dec 2014, 3rd Tennis for Free Champions League 2015

Post by scopsm »

I'm interested in joining any mini leagues.
Best team 320th with 6 transfers and 4 captains left.
2nd best 1202nd with 5 transfers and 5 captains left
deadline for setting up leagues Monday 28th Oct.

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Multi leagues not required as it's the average of top 5 no matter how many teams in it.
daily-mail-fiso-ml-t104124.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

garypeacock
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 5th in 10/11 elite league & proud

Post by garypeacock »

I have a team in 20th and am open to offers. Not sure what to do though, is it the same as a SDT mini league?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Daily Mail Fantasy Football”