Daily Mail FISO ML 2013/14

A forum for Fantasy Football games played on the Daily Mail website
Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Daily Mail FISO ML 2013/14

Post by Vid »

FISO Forum

There is a £1k draw for chairmen with 10+ entries, if I win this it will be split equally between the top 5 in the ML (£200 each)

There is 4k on offer for the top ML, this is calculated by the average of all teams entered, a minimum of 7 teams are required to make the ML eligible, so the more teams the lower the average meaning that this ML is highly unlikely to win the prize. If it does then the prize will again be split equally between the top 5 in the ML.

If there is a prize to be divided then I will need to know/ be able to verify who owns any given team, any prize(s) will be passed down to the next known/ verified team(s) in the ML should there be a prize to pass on.

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Wolf in Sheeps clothing

Re: Daily Mail FISO ML

Post by Mick MacPaddywack »

Signed up ;)

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man
Location: But Gerrard effed it up,again!! Gerrard effed it up, again!!!

Post by Giggs11 »

A bit unfair just giving prizemoney to the top 5 when all 7 count not that you`ll get anywhere near winning ofcourse :mrgreen:

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Giggs11 wrote:A bit unfair just giving prizemoney to the top 5 when all 7 count not that you`ll get anywhere near winning ofcourse :mrgreen:
You haven't read what I've posted

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Giggs11 »

Vid wrote:
Giggs11 wrote:A bit unfair just giving prizemoney to the top 5 when all 7 count not that you`ll get anywhere near winning ofcourse :mrgreen:

I have but perhaps you haven`t :?:

Mark Addicted Kenny
FISOhead
FS Record: Fiso Vampire Winner 2013-14 Winner of the Ashes - Fiso game 2013 Won TFF 3 years in a row at work, also won Prem league at work last year and this year

Post by Mark Addicted Kenny »

Hi, team entered 'Addicted', thanks.

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Giggs11 wrote:
Vid wrote:

I have but perhaps you haven`t :?:
No, I know exactly what I've posted, you either don't understand or choose not to understand.

BTW - this exchange will be removed in the near future

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Giggs11 »

Vid wrote:FISO Forum

There is a £1k draw for chairmen with 10+ entries, if I win this it will be split equally between the top 5 in the ML (£200 each)

There is 4k on offer for the top ML, this is calculated by the average of all teams entered, a minimum of 7 teams are required to make the ML eligible, so the more teams the lower the average meaning that this ML is highly unlikely to win the prize. If it does then the prize will again be split equally between the top 5 in the ML.
A minimum of 7 teams who all have their scores counted but only the top 5 will get any cash

If there is a prize to be divided then I will need to know/ be able to verify who owns any given team, any prize(s) will be passed down to the next known/ verified team(s) in the ML should there be a prize to pass on.

What`s not to understand :?

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Giggs11 wrote: A minimum of 7 teams who all have their scores counted but only the top 5 will get any cash
The ML position is determined by the average of all teams entered, if 1000 teams enter then it is the average of all 1000 teams. The more teams that enter then the lower the average, especially given that it's a publicly displayed code there will almost inevitably be shit teams entered to make sure the average is uncompetitive. There is absolutely no chance of this ML winning the ML prize, but if it did you would advocate every member having an equal share? Even if it's 10p each???

Given that the prize structure favours 7 team MLs then the number likely to have 10+ members for the Chairman's draw is low, other than possibly structured MLs where 10 people enter a number of identical teams to keep the average high and also have a chance of the draw prize.

This ML is for FISO members to compete against each other for bragging rights, if a prize fund comes along then in keeping with usual FISO ML splits, it goes to the top 5 in the ML.

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Giggs11 »

I understand now silly me,you`re not bothering to try and win :mrgreen:

Aardvark
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Aardvark »

Signed up.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

Where are you getting the seven teams for a mini-league from? Because in the 'About mini-leagues' section and in the T&Cs it says five teams.

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Art Vandelay wrote:Where are you getting the seven teams for a mini-league from? Because in the 'About mini-leagues' section and in the T&Cs it says five teams.
T&Cs - Prizes section

Highest Scoring Mini League: The best-performing Mini League in the MailOnline Fantasy Football Game will win £4,000. This will be awarded to the Mini League with a MINIMUM of seven individually participating teams, including Jamie Redknapp’s team that scores the highest average points total based upon all of its teams. In the event of a tie for the Mini League prize, a tiebreaker will be used to determine the winner.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

Thanks. Probably is seven then and the 'five' is just a cut and paste mistake from last year. Bit strange to increase the number of teams at the same time you cut the prize money though :?

Achiles74
Dumbledore

Post by Achiles74 »

so basically you need 7 teams in a mini league but as you get 5 teams you need to find an extra 2 teams from elsewhere if you want to run a mini league.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

No, it needs to be seven (or possibly five?!) different people.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Vid wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Where are you getting the seven teams for a mini-league from? Because in the 'About mini-leagues' section and in the T&Cs it says five teams.
T&Cs - Prizes section

Highest Scoring Mini League: The best-performing Mini League in the MailOnline Fantasy Football Game will win £4,000. This will be awarded to the Mini League with a MINIMUM of seven individually participating teams, including Jamie Redknapp’s team that scores the highest average points total based upon all of its teams. In the event of a tie for the Mini League prize, a tiebreaker will be used to determine the winner.
Doesn't this say seven including Jamie Redknapps team. If so, excluding the uninvited interloper you only need six individual managers????

the dude abides
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Renault Clio Sport Winner 2010/11

Post by the dude abides »

Vid wrote:
Giggs11 wrote: A minimum of 7 teams who all have their scores counted but only the top 5 will get any cash
The ML position is determined by the average of all teams entered, if 1000 teams enter then it is the average of all 1000 teams. The more teams that enter then the lower the average, especially given that it's a publicly displayed code there will almost inevitably be shit teams entered to make sure the average is uncompetitive. There is absolutely no chance of this ML winning the ML prize, but if it did you would advocate every member having an equal share? Even if it's 10p each???

Given that the prize structure favours 7 team MLs then the number likely to have 10+ members for the Chairman's draw is low, other than possibly structured MLs where 10 people enter a number of identical teams to keep the average high and also have a chance of the draw prize.

This ML is for FISO members to compete against each other for bragging rights, if a prize fund comes along then in keeping with usual FISO ML splits, it goes to the top 5 in the ML.
Thanks Vid, and I agree with your perspective on this League.. Threw my lot in, so what if we don't win it, I play Fantasy Football for fun, as i'm sure do many others.

ruraljuror

Post by ruraljuror »

Having a go with my team - Surreal Madrid.
Thanks.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

I guess if you did want to win the mini league prize.It would be best to set up some elite fiso sub leagues just before entry deadline in late october.

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

coleridge wrote:I guess if you did want to win the mini league prize.It would be best to set up some elite fiso sub leagues just before entry deadline in late october.
could be a plan closer to the time

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Giggs11 »

coleridge wrote:I guess if you did want to win the mini league prize.It would be best to set up some elite fiso sub leagues just before entry deadline in late october.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

edmo33
FISOhead
FS Record: 7th Overall Sky Sports Euro2012, 15th Overall Sky Sports 2012/13, 77th overall TFF 12/13, 28th overall Irish Times 12/13

Post by edmo33 »

Giggs11 wrote:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:?:

Tim Bisley
FISOhead
FS Record: TFF MOTM - January 2012, TFF Tinkerman weekly winner, TFF MOTW - May 2013, Fantasy Race To Dubai 2012 - 4th

Post by Tim Bisley »

The forum that cannot be named organise their mini leagues in this game extremely well and our leagues on here were a shambles. :lol:

edmo33
FISOhead
FS Record: 7th Overall Sky Sports Euro2012, 15th Overall Sky Sports 2012/13, 77th overall TFF 12/13, 28th overall Irish Times 12/13

Post by edmo33 »

Tim Bisley wrote:The forum that cannot be named organise their mini leagues in this game extremely well and our leagues on here were a shambles. :lol:
They were last year granted. It was all very last minute.

doesn't mean we can't organise something this year, with a little thought.

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Giggs11 »

edmo33 wrote:
Tim Bisley wrote:The forum that cannot be named organise their mini leagues in this game extremely well and our leagues on here were a shambles. :lol:

At least with the minimum numbers in the leagues increased you should get some of your leagues correct in size :mrgreen:

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

You can play it safe this year by having too many then the chairman kick the dead wood out.

edmo33
FISOhead

Post by edmo33 »

Giggs11 wrote:
edmo33 wrote:

At least with the minimum numbers in the leagues increased you should get some of your leagues correct in size :mrgreen:
You don't actually sound like you belong to this forum....yet you are because you keep on posting. Yawn. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

edmo33 wrote:

I believe that there is one in burton upon Trent :lol: :lol: :lol:

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Giggs11 »

edmo33 wrote:
You don't actually sound like you belong to this forum....yet you are because you keep on posting. Yawn. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:lol:

Strangely, I don't "belong" to any forum. Although I am perfectly within my rights to post on both, no?
Think of it more like the Sun syndicates, I choose who I want to team up with in order to increase my chances of winning some dough ...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Daily Mail Fantasy Football”