To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Metro Fantasy Football 2012/13

A Fantasy Football forum for news and comment on Metro Premier Fantasy Football.
quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Metro Fantasy Football 2012/13

Post by quizking »

http://fantasyfootball.metro.co.uk/EN_PR/fantasy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Re: Metro Fantasy Football 2012/13

Post by bloggie »

Both Dempsey and Hazard forwards.

Methane on Titan
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Methane on Titan »

Won't bother with this game it falls behind the rest in my opinion.

fanADE
Treebeard
FS Record: Winner MATT HODGSON J4G WC2014 PREDICTIONS

Post by fanADE »

thank you.... i've created a team... interesting that chelsea have 2 matches in the 1st week..

banana
Grumpy Old Man

Post by banana »

respect 2 mot's view but can't agree.

i think this is a terrific game...

tightish budget which forces you to look at less obvious players.
squad-based-1... so the fixture list takes on extra relevance.
squad-based-2... so u are not stymied by capricious managers.
dynamic transfer system which fully rewards planning ahead.
points system which rewards good play not just goals etc.
non-subjective awarding of points.

altho i play the telegraph (cos it's the classic game) and the sun (because i am greedy and sufficiently delusional to think i might win) - the metro is the game which i find the most taxing, engaging and multi-dimensional.

totally love it.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

not played this one before, looks an interesting game. the one thing i could not see anywhere was the game months for the motm prize, so i assume they must be calendar months. anyone who has played before know different?

Wiz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Wiz »

coleridge wrote:not played this one before, looks an interesting game. the one thing i could not see anywhere was the game months for the motm prize, so i assume they must be calendar months. anyone who has played before know different?
From the 'Fantasy Rules' at the bottom of the page,

August 2012 – Match Weeks 1-2
September 2012 – Match Weeks 3-6
October 2012 – Match Weeks 7-9
November 2012 – Match Weeks 10-14
December 2012 – Match Weeks 15-20
January 2013 – Match Weeks 21-24
February 2013 – Match Weeks 25-27
March 2013 – Match Weeks 28-31
April 2013 – Match Weeks 32-35
May 2013 – Match Weeks 36-38, including the last games of the English Premier League season

Everything is done in weeks although if you take a look, any transfer penalties from the week before a month starting, and from the final week of that month are not deducted from the monthly totals.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

thanks for that :D

Methane on Titan
Grumpy Old Man

coleridge wrote:not played this one before, looks an interesting game.

It's been 14 hours and 22 days since anyone posted on this thread, looks not very interesting!

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

It's actually my favourite game.

Only entered one team this year, as all my starting teams tend to merge into one after a few weeks.

At least that's one competitor less with Methane not playing.

Methane on Titan
Grumpy Old Man

wandacatvenus wrote:It's actually my favourite game.

Only entered one team this year, as all my starting teams tend to merge into one after a few weeks.

At least that's one competitor less with Methane not playing.
Fair enough, best of luck to all who enter it and i'm sure it does appeal to many, personally i found it a bind when last tried it, prefer the lower maintenance games. In addition, i found the dark backgrounds slighty nausiating.

FUBU05
FISOhead

Post by FUBU05 »

Anyone manage to get 8 players into their team this weekend for the double gameweek featuring Sunderland and Reading players? I have around 4 in my teams but trying to weigh up if its really possible to take a 100 points hit to get 4 more players from the Sunderland/Reading pool

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

I have one player for the double gameweek and I am happy with that.

Average scores of Sunderland / Reading players is not that good and I do not want my team
being unbalanced after the double gameweek. I don't think it is wirth taking a 100 pt hit for.

Have already taken a 25pts hit this week, sorting out Bale and Reither injuries this week.

PS - What place are you in the table.

FUBU05
FISOhead

Post by FUBU05 »

I have 2 teams within the top 50. One around the 30th mark and the other around 45th. what position are you in?

I agree that the average score of the Sunderland and Reading players hasn't been enough to justify a total overhaul of your teams for this gameweek. I think i will stick with the 4 for this gameweek.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

Not quite as well as you.

I was doing Ok, but suffered a 50 place drop to 178th place last week.

It did not help with my first 11, including Bale & Reither plus negative points for Rafael.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

I miss this game this season but decided to cut back on the number of games I was involved in. It was superb at focusing your thinking on upcoming fixtures/DGW's the scoring system also give you some great insight into how players are doing. E.g. who's at the heart of the play/putting a shift in defence which picks up form quicker than other standard scoring games.

Good going having 2 teams in the top 50 FUBU! :D 8-)

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

My gamble of not going Sunderland / Reading heavy looks like it will pay off.

602pts this weekend after taking a 25pts hit and my worst performing player was the
one Sunderland player I brought in and also Captained.

The only Sunderland player with a decent score at the weekend was Adam Johnson and
Mingolet even scored zero points.

The average score this week looks to be around 500 to 525 pts.

I appreciate I will fall back mid week, but I expect to regain the loss ground next weekend, when many people wil either have an unbalanced team, or will need to take some points hits to get their teams back into shape.

FUBU05
FISOhead

Post by FUBU05 »

WilBert wrote:I miss this game this season but decided to cut back on the number of games I was involved in. It was superb at focusing your thinking on upcoming fixtures/DGW's the scoring system also give you some great insight into how players are doing. E.g. who's at the heart of the play/putting a shift in defence which picks up form quicker than other standard scoring games.

Good going having 2 teams in the top 50 FUBU! :D 8-)

Cheers Wilbert.

After today's Fulham game my teams that were in the 30's and 40's have not slumped to around the 50th and 120th position. Both do have 5 Reading/Sunderland plus captain to come tomorrow. Will be interested to see where I end up after tomorrow's update and whether the gamble was wise or potentially unwise as wandacatvenus mentioned. I only took a 25 point hit this week aswell. I'm about 500 points off the pace and unless i somehow claw this back to roughly 300 points I think I am finished in this game. In essence I need the leader who I think is Steve Cork not to have more than 1 Reading/Sunderland player in his team for me to potentially make up this sort of ground. Highly unlikely :(

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

FUBU05 - For Info, my one team in this game rose from 177th to 111th this week. This in my opinion is an artificially high position, as Auto Sub points are not being added for this gameweek, until after the Sunderland V Reading game. I suspect I am in reality aroung 130th if Auto sub points had been added.

I think a true position of how succesful the double game week will be, will not be after tomorrows points update but after next weekends games, when people who have gone Sunderland/Reading heavy will need to correct their teams.

PS - I presume you will be hoping for a high scoring game in Sunderlands favour tonight.
My ideal position will be a 1-1 draw (to cancel out clean sheet bonuses) with a Gardner goal for Sunderland.

PPS - Have you noticed that the leader has 4 teams in the top 25. Very impressive.

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

Morgan Schneiderlin is a decent pick in The Metro game

This article explains why http://fourfourtwo.com/blogs/statszone/ ... racks.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Metro Fantasy Football”