To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Metro Euro 2012 fantasy game

A Fantasy Football forum for news and comment on Metro Premier Fantasy Football.
Achiles74
Dumbledore

Metro Euro 2012 fantasy game

Post by Achiles74 »

Having just visited the Metro facebook site, the good news is they will be releasing a Euro 2012 game later this month :D :D :D :D

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Re: Metro Euro 2012 fantasy game

Post by quizking »

http://fantasyfootball.metro.co.uk/EU_EF/fantasy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

Oh No -- A Mini version of the Telegraph Champions League Game.

Unlimited transfers (Well 8,-- 4 per team) between games.

With an average of 40 pts per player, taking a 25 pts hit (After using your free transfer allowance) means you need to make transfers in between every game to have a chance of winning any of the prizes.

Might have to tell the family they cannot go out at weekends !!!!!!!

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

I quite like being able to do lots of transfers each day in International touraments. Bit strange to allow unlimited transfers between games with the penalty though. Why not just get rid of the penalty and give everyone four transfers each day, or something like that? Only 25 points means you have to make them anyway, or for your attacking players at least :?

Not sure if it's worth taking the 50 point hit to change captains between games though :?

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

My first thoughts are that they really haven't thought this through properly, not for the first time with metro/gfm. Still, i'm up for it, so long as they don't change the rules half way through the game, as they have done before (see posts on this forum, season before last). Am all for a different type of game with different rules - and tidy graphics too, they seem to work with different browsers this year as well.

Tadpole
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Euro Under 21 Threes Winner ; Super Egg Cup Winner 12/13 ; JJB Fantasy World Cup 2010 Monthly Winner ; Mortgage Brain Monthly Winner 11/12 ; A few telegraph super league wins ;

Post by Tadpole »

You can cover most eventualities over your 5 teams, with that many changes

Tadpole
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Euro Under 21 Threes Winner ; Super Egg Cup Winner 12/13 ; JJB Fantasy World Cup 2010 Monthly Winner ; Mortgage Brain Monthly Winner 11/12 ; A few telegraph super league wins ;

Post by Tadpole »

wandacatvenus wrote:Oh No -- A Mini version of the Telegraph Champions League Game.

With an average of 40 pts per player, taking a 25 pts hit (After using your free transfer allowance) means you need to make transfers in between every game to have a chance of winning any of the prizes.

So your view is to take the transfer points hit each day and ensure you have 8 players playeing per game?

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

Most entrants so far have not read the rules.

Van Persie, Ronaldo and Lahm the most selected players according to the Metros Facebook page.

If you have read the rules, the team should have Poland and Greece players comprising over half
of the squad for the starting squad.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

Tadpole wrote:
wandacatvenus wrote:Oh No -- A Mini version of the Telegraph Champions League Game.

So your view is to take the transfer points hit each day and ensure you have 8 players playeing per game?
Correct - Just look at the Stats from the UK game this season. Strikers score slightly more than Midfield players (on average) and Midfield players score more than defenders (on average) So I would rotate the Midfield/strikers in favour of the defenders. Goalkeepers are marginal as you are not certain of a 25 pt return per game. (well that's my opionion - What do others think?)

Tadpole
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Tadpole »

wandacatvenus wrote:
Tadpole wrote:

Correct - Just look at the Stats from the UK game this season. Strikers score slightly more than Midfield players (on average) and Midfield players score more than defenders (on average) So I would rotate the Midfield/strikers in favour of the defenders. Goalkeepers are marginal as you are not certain of a 25 pt return per game. (well that's my opionion - What do others think?)
Unless, from a defenders point of view, you manage to cover the defensive blocks? I believe the first round of games offer a better return of clean sheets too.

This has added to my enthusiasm, if you can catch these rules early on.

Wow this is going to take some work and dedication!

Tadpole
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Tadpole »

wandacatvenus wrote:
Tadpole wrote:

A 50 point hit on changing your captain daily too?

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

Re my post earlier about them changing the rules; well, they've just changed the rules. It's now just two free transfers per "game week" rather than the original five, and the full rules page - http://fantasyfootball.metro.co.uk/rules/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - does indeed show that rules have been updated may 22nd. Hence this tactic of making wholesale transfers every day already seems less attractive, though i would not be in the least bit surprised if rules change yet again before or even during the compeition. But it's still preferable to those games with a "lock-down" every period.

Herc6
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Telegraph December Monthly Winner, SDT WDT Winner x7, Rugby World Cup Predictions Winner. Euro 2012 SDT phase one prize winner x3. Tour De France Weekly Winner, Formula 1 overall winner (Holiday to New York)

Post by Herc6 »

quizking wrote:Re my post earlier about them changing the rules; well, they've just changed the rules. It's now just two free transfers per "game week" rather than the original five, and the full rules page - http://fantasyfootball.metro.co.uk/rules/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - does indeed show that rules have been updated may 22nd. Hence this tactic of making wholesale transfers every day already seems less attractive, though i would not be in the least bit surprised if rules change yet again before or even during the compeition. But it's still preferable to those games with a "lock-down" every period.
I wouldn't be surprised if it were wandacatvenus and your observations on this thread that as prompted them to re-assess their rules.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

I would!

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

quizking wrote:I would!
I wouldn't.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

No - far more likely the comments (also made by wandacat i think) on their facebook page, they even reply to them sometimes.

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Facebook is more likely then if the same thing is being discussed.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

quizking wrote:No - far more likely the comments (also made by wandacat i think) on their facebook page, they even reply to them sometimes.
GUILTY - I made just one Facebook comment as follows

Not keen onthe unlimited transfers between games. An average score of 40pts per player offsets the 25 pt hit and makes the game High maintenenace in my opinion.
Yesterday at 17:12 · Like

Perhaps I shoud have kept quiet. After all 90% of people would not understand what I was on about.

Should I delete the Facebook comment?

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Personally I would play this game if it was restricted to 5 changes per game week and then using the subs to cover the games.

Now everyone is just going to choose cheap subs and change the eleven players on the pitch between each game.

Seems to take any science out of the game.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

wandacatvenus wrote:Should I delete the Facebook comment?
Yes. Don't help your competition!

I'm actually looking forward top this, provided they don't change the rules again :roll:

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

Art

Comment on Facebook deleted.

I will have given nothing away, that you did not already know

Look forward to reading all the Facebook comments from players once the competition has started who have not read the rules.

bloggie
Dumbledore

Post by bloggie »

wandacatvenus wrote:Art

Comment on Facebook deleted.

I will have given nothing away, that you did not already know

Look forward to reading all the Facebook comments from players once the competition has started who have not read the rules.
Such as:
'My score has just been deducted 500 points. Why is that?'

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

Cheers, I don't want them tempted into rule changes if they get a lot of comments/confusion on facebook. As it stands now most people aren't going to understand the rules. Which is ideal :lol:

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

I really cannot understand the reduction of 5 Free transfers to 2 Free transfers per game week, unless they are concerned over their servers.

In which case is it too much of a risk waiting for team news ????

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

Just back from work. Can imagine that they might change the rules again, but can't really see them getting rid of the transfers altogether, as what they're really after is page-hits; and if each user has five teams, and has to visit the site (at least) twice a day per team to action transfers between matches, then that adds up to bigger numbers which they can show to the advertisers. At least that's the idea - reality of course is that most users give up after the first couple of days anyway, whichever rules and changes they have.

Whatever gfm/metro end up doing, hope they stick with whatever rules there are now or soon, and DON'T CHANGE THEM ONCE THE COMPETITION IS UNDERWAY, grrrr, even if or especially when they realise that many users haven't understood the implications. Which is an approximation of what happened around eighteen months ago in the metro game if memory serves.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

The Metro Euro 2008 game was a total disaster (it was Silent Manager then so to be expected) where they changed the rules and gave out false information as they went along. That was initially caused by the site going down when there was too much traffic between games. So, for the first day at least, I'll make my transfers as soon as the first game kicks off and won't risk waiting for teams news.

thompson
Cheetah

Post by thompson »

Further rule changes:

At the advertised start date and time for Match Weeks 1 - 4, you will be allocated the following:

1 x FREE Captain change
2 x FREE transfers and 4 x additional transfers that will incur a 25 point penalty on usage.
At the advertised start date and time for Match Week 5, you will be allocated the following:

1 x FREE Captain change
2 x FREE transfers and 6 x additional transfers that will incur a 25 point penalty on usage.

You will not receive any FREE Captain changes or Transfers (free or otherwise) at the start of Match Week 6.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

thompson wrote:Further rule changes:

At the advertised start date and time for Match Weeks 1 - 4, you will be allocated the following:

1 x FREE Captain change
2 x FREE transfers and 4 x additional transfers that will incur a 25 point penalty on usage.
At the advertised start date and time for Match Week 5, you will be allocated the following:

1 x FREE Captain change
2 x FREE transfers and 6 x additional transfers that will incur a 25 point penalty on usage.

You will not receive any FREE Captain changes or Transfers (free or otherwise) at the start of Match Week 6.
So are they capping changes at 6 for each match week?

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

Well, that's that then. I was really looking forward to this with loads of transfers each day but I can't be bothered having to keep checking the rules to see if they've changed again and with few transfers, this scoring format, and such a short time, it's basically luck. I won't be bothering with this anymore :(

Good luck all.

padmole
Dumbledore
FS Record: Various bits on footy / cricket and golf

Post by padmole »

Early question on this one - if you transfer out your captain and have to pick a new one - then if you have already used your captain change will you get a captain change penalty. ie can you increase your number of captain games by making transfers on them or will it cost to do so.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Metro Fantasy Football”