To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Metro Euro 2012 fantasy game

A Fantasy Football forum for news and comment on Metro Premier Fantasy Football.
Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Re: Metro Euro 2012 fantasy game

Post by Art Vandelay »

Having given up on this when the rules kept changing I was lured back in and redid all my teams last night. Had Szczesny in three of them :roll:

The negatives for a sending off are far too harsh. You miss him for at least the next game which is like losing another 30 odd points on top of the minus 25. Or you lose another 25 wasting a transfer. Annoying.

I was impressed with the website though. As fast as usual between the games :)

tyaslevesley
FISOhead
FS Record: Undesputes FISO SuperXV champion 2013

Post by tyaslevesley »

tyaslevesley wrote:Ive only entered 1 team so far so if i enter another tonight will it start scoring from tomorows games or at the start of the 2nd game week? Appologies if i have missed anything in the rules that relate to this
got a better look at the rules

"Teams will score points from the scheduled start time of the next match in the Tournament after entry has been completed"

llama
Grumpy Old Man

Post by llama »

Art Vandelay wrote:
I was impressed with the website though. As fast as usual between the games :)
It's my first time playing the Metro game and I agree the website has been excellent.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

Art's Warning: Be very careful when changing formation. It can move your captain to the bench (for example if your forward is a captain in 433 and you change to 442) no new captain will show, you won't be asked to pick a new one, and your 'captain penalty' will appear unchanged. Then once you save the team your subbed player will appear unannounced as your new captain and you'll lose 50 points.

:(

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

I spotted this early on thankfuly.

How are you doing Art?

Have one team in the top 400. Should have an idea of were I am realistically after the 1st game week.

Leaderboard appears skewed with teams consisting solely of Group A and B players.

My one mistake so far is a 50 pts Captain penalty for Ronaldo, to gain an extra 45 pts

City4United1
Red & Blue Braces

Post by City4United1 »

Art Vandelay wrote:Art's Warning: Be very careful when changing formation. It can move your captain to the bench (for example if your forward is a captain in 433 and you change to 442) no new captain will show, you won't be asked to pick a new one, and your 'captain penalty' will appear unchanged. Then once you save the team your subbed player will appear unannounced as your new captain and you'll lose 50 points.

Another similar one that nearly caught me out. If you've already made your free captain change, then you can't transfer out that player (the new captain) without incurring the extra 50 points.

I managed to get one of my teams to position 25 briefly (between the matches yesterday). All my eggs in a big orange basket.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

wandacatvenus wrote: How are you doing Art?
Like you say, hard to know really until every team's played (and all the penalty points are taken off). I've got 2 in the top 10 but there's no way they'll be still be there after Monday's games....

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

My two teams with Spanish strikers might soon become castaway teams.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

Yeah, that's screwed up my plans in a few games. Wait for the team news to see which Spain forwards are starting, only to find there aren't any :? :shock:

FUBU05
FISOhead

Post by FUBU05 »

Hi guys,

I know we are supposed to only get 6 subs per week. 2 free and 4 with -25 points. Has anyone attempted to sub out more than the allotted 6 yet to see if you can?

Leehweb
Treebeard

Post by Leehweb »

FUBU05 wrote:Hi guys,

I know we are supposed to only get 6 subs per week. 2 free and 4 with -25 points. Has anyone attempted to sub out more than the allotted 6 yet to see if you can?
Yes, I have tried it and as soon as you click 'confirm', it informs you that all your allocation for this game week has been used up... :cry:

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

Lee

So we can expect to see you fall down the table today then.

Leehweb
Treebeard

Post by Leehweb »

wandacatvenus wrote:Lee

So we can expect to see you fall down the table today then.
Yep... Along with my points deduction, I'll be mid-table shortly.. :(

Only have Young today, but do I risk 'another' 50 points and captain him.. :?

wdv1980
Cheetah

Post by wdv1980 »

One for FSB_Damian here...

Is there a complete listing of all the points per player anywhere? Or is this accessible?

Thanks

wdv1980
Cheetah

Post by wdv1980 »

One for FSB_Damian here...

Is there a complete listing of all the points per player anywhere? Or is this accessible?

Thanks

City4United1
Red & Blue Braces

Post by City4United1 »

Art Vandelay wrote: The negatives for a sending off are far too harsh. You miss him for at least the next game which is like losing another 30 odd points on top of the minus 25. Or you lose another 25 wasting a transfer. Annoying.
All the negatives points are a bit harsh IMO. Looking at the Goalkeeper scores so far (6 games, 13 keepers), only 4 have exceeded 25 points and 3 are negative. I'm beginning to think that I should have had 2 £1.5m non-playing keepers (I suspect money will be tight in later rounds). I think that a fantasy football game that makes it advantageous to have cheap players that don't play is flawed.

City4United1
Red & Blue Braces

Post by City4United1 »

wdv1980 wrote:One for FSB_Damian here...

Thanks
Here's my list (finally found a file format that can be uploaded).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wdv1980
Cheetah

Post by wdv1980 »

Cool.
Can i ask how you collated this so i dont have to trouble you each week? (PM if want)

THanks

City4United1
Red & Blue Braces

Post by City4United1 »

wdv1980 wrote:Cool.
Can i ask how you collated this so i dont have to trouble you each week? (PM if want)

THanks
Well there may be an easier way, but I couldn't find it. I found this by viewing the source of the web page and looking at where it was getting the data from (embedded in some javascript).

The link I used is:

http://fantasyfootball.metro.co.uk/rank ... y%20Points" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The limit=400 is just to make sure I got everything (I think there are 368 players in the Metro game).

This gives me a list in json format. I have to reformat this with a bit of Visual Basic (because I don't know enough javascript).

wdv1980
Cheetah

Post by wdv1980 »

Excellent.

Thanks for this.

City4United1
Red & Blue Braces

Post by City4United1 »

Leehweb wrote: Only have Young today, but do I risk 'another' 50 points and captain him.. :?
I wonder how many people are using the extra captain changes?
My view is that it's too risky. Not enough players scoring above 50 points.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

You will find out tomorrow, when the Penalty points are applied.

A lot of the top 50 will have had a different Captain in each game so far, That's my guess.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

It'd be good if the 50 points was just deducted immediately, or at least the next points update. The tables are pretty meaningless when some teams could have hundreds of points to deduct and others none.
City4United1 wrote:All the negatives points are a bit harsh IMO. Looking at the Goalkeeper scores so far (6 games, 13 keepers), only 4 have exceeded 25 points and 3 are negative. I'm beginning to think that I should have had 2 £1.5m non-playing keepers (I suspect money will be tight in later rounds). I think that a fantasy football game that makes it advantageous to have cheap players that don't play is flawed.
Yeah, I agree. I've got one team where I've used three keepers and have fewer points than if I'd just two non-playing ones :oops:

City4United1
Red & Blue Braces

Post by City4United1 »

Here's the latest stats.

Also, the program I used to get them from json format to something more readable. Save the output from that link into a text file and use this program to read it. A crappy bit of VB code so use at your own peril. No error checking etc. Needs .Net framework.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FUBU05
FISOhead

Post by FUBU05 »

Art Vandelay wrote:It'd be good if the 50 points was just deducted immediately, or at least the next points update. The tables are pretty meaningless when some teams could have hundreds of points to deduct and others none.
City4United1 wrote:All the negatives points are a bit harsh IMO. Looking at the Goalkeeper scores so far (6 games, 13 keepers), only 4 have exceeded 25 points and 3 are negative. I'm beginning to think that I should have had 2 £1.5m non-playing keepers (I suspect money will be tight in later rounds). I think that a fantasy football game that makes it advantageous to have cheap players that don't play is flawed.
Yeah, I agree. I've got one team where I've used three keepers and have fewer points than if I'd just two non-playing ones :oops:
Should have stuck with the Polish keeper Art :wink: I have the Polish keeper in all 5 of my teams, the way im trying to console myself is to think that it is probably a blessing in disguise that he is not available against Russia. I'd rather take my 0 points than risk the negative points he undoubtedly would have got playing against the Russians :)

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Art Vandelay wrote:Art's Warning: Be very careful when changing formation. It can move your captain to the bench (for example if your forward is a captain in 433 and you change to 442) no new captain will show, you won't be asked to pick a new one, and your 'captain penalty' will appear unchanged. Then once you save the team your subbed player will appear unannounced as your new captain and you'll lose 50 points.

Why didn't I read this thread earlier. But I won't make the same mistake again. I'll be treating my captain as a sacred object never to be touched unless I'm really going to change the captaincy.

Despite the minor drawbacks such as only knowing how you are doing at the points in time when they deduct the negative points for extra transfers and captain changes, it seems to be a truly well run game.

I'm really enjoying it even though I have little idea of how an individual player points scores are calculated. Don't suggest that I read the rules in detail, that's not going to happen. :oops:

nickchild
FISOhead
FS Record: 180th Overall FPL and X-League Winner 2008/09

Post by nickchild »

When will these penalty points be removed?! I need to know how many places my 5th placed team is going to drop....... :shock:

foreverengland
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1st Fantasy Race to Dubai 2013, 3rd OFL 2012/13, 1st Yorkshire Post Golf 2010, 1st NGC Summer Golf 2010, 1st Mercedes-Benz World Cup 2010, 1st OFL Champs Lge 09/10.

Post by foreverengland »

I think all penalty points are likely to be applied when the new transfers are allocated - i.e. at 5pm today.

Not sure why they haven't alloacted the new transfers at 00.01 this morning so we could all have a full set of transfers available for the first match of the gameweek rather then the second. :roll:

nickchild
FISOhead
FS Record: 180th Overall FPL and X-League Winner 2008/09

Post by nickchild »

Ah, so we think that those who have made their max transfers for round 1, can't make any changes until AFTER round 2 starts? Lucky I hadn't planned on bringing any Greek or Czech players in!

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

...well it was clearly in the rules that the next transfers are allocated at the start of match week 2, i.e. at 5 o'clock today. Good job this was sorted a couple of weeks ago, and fsb haven't changed the rules again since. Just so long as they don't muck around with them again now, i'm hoping that remains the case.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Metro Fantasy Football”