To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Problems transferring players

A Fantasy Football forum for news and comment on Metro Premier Fantasy Football.
PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving season on season

Problems transferring players

Post by PNE4PREM »

Anyone else receive a message 'you're only allowed 0 players per each real team when making transfers or even attempting to swap subs around

Crookface
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 7thOverall 05/06, Winner MOTM Jan, Nov 07 - April 12.  MOTW Winner 2012. 

Re: Problems transferring players

Post by Crookface »

Mine seems ok.

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving season on season

Post by PNE4PREM »

It appeared to resolve itself mid morning. Thanks

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Death taxes and metro eff. Those things you can rely on. Get your teams sorted early as they usually get their bandwidth seriously wrong every year.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

No problems at 6.30 this morning when I was getting rid of VDV.

My 4 Metro teams are ready to GO. I don't trust the servers on the evening before/the morning of the Premier League Start day.

Not sure if all 4 will be Season long. Decided against entering a fifth, what with 13 Telegraph teams, 3 Daily Mail teams (Too much hard work to make it 5) , 2 Sky Teams, 1 Free Sun Team & One works team wth fixed transfer window.

Cannot understand how my wife can possibly say I am addicted.

FUBU05
FISOhead

Post by FUBU05 »

Hi Guys,

I have F Forster of Newcastle as my reserve goalkeeper in this game. Figured that I wouldn't need to use him at any stage as figured baring an injury, my number 1 keeper will play all games for his club. Anyhows, I have just tried to make a transfer to this team to an outfield player and instantly F Forster who is on my bench has vanished. I believe this is beceause he is no longer with Newcastle after recently being transferred (in real life) during the course of this week. Hence I have to make 2 transfers, 1. for the outfield player I want to change, and 2. for F Forster which would then make me incur a 25 point penalty. I wanted to know if anyone else is in this situation as this seems some what unfair as in previous years if a player got transferred and no longer was in the premier league i cannot remember him being replaced entirely from the game? Nor can i see this in the rules for this year... Its a bit of a pain to be honest having to potentially lose 25 points on a goalkeeper that was only in your squad to make up the numbers.

tedbull
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 82nd 08/09

Post by tedbull »

They used to give you an additional free transfer that could only be used to replace the player.

FUBU05
FISOhead

Post by FUBU05 »

I have just emailed the Metro about this. Will let you know what they come back with.

FUBU05
FISOhead

Post by FUBU05 »

wow what a response i just got from the metro. Guess thats 25 points down the drain. its my fault i guess, should have picked a keeper a guess knew he wasnt going to get transferred :?

""I take your point about having to make a transfer when someone leaves the Premier League, but don't forget, this affects everyone who has a player who leaves the Premier League, so lots of people have had to replace Fabregas this week - if Tevez leaves before the deadline, he'll need replacing as will others who have also recently moved into the Championship and other divisions. We took a decision before the season started that we wouldn't be awarding free transfers for players who do leave and that it was up to Team Managers to deal with this to maintain a valid squad. Overall and across the two transfer windows, we still feel that this is the right approach and that with a bit of planning and also luck, you'll end up in this position less often than others who don't pay as much attention to their team throughout the course of the season. If you have any further questions about this though, please do not hesitate to contact us."

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Although in the Metro game it clearly says that you get one free transfer per week, I couldn't see anything about what happens if you don't use it. Do you lose it for good, or is there a limited carry over as per FPL. I'm assuming that you lose it as it seems more likely that they would specify any carry over possibilities. But on the other hand why not say explicitly that if you don't use it every week, you lose it.

Can anyone clarify?

Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

Post by Razorback »

Striker wrote:Although in the Metro game it clearly says that you get one free transfer per week, I couldn't see anything about what happens if you don't use it. Do you lose it for good, or is there a limited carry over as per FPL. I'm assuming that you lose it as it seems more likely that they would specify any carry over possibilities. But on the other hand why not say explicitly that if you don't use it every week, you lose it.

Can anyone clarify?
Last season there were occasions when I didn't use a free transfer and I don't remember it ever carrying over to the following week...

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Yes it was use it or loose it last year. I often used it to tinker the bench for upcoming DGW's or better value subs.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Thanks guys. The problem now is to apply sufficient self discipline to allow a transfer to be lost when it actually makes sense to leave well alone. After all in "up for grabs" Britain, we don't like to forego freebies. :wink:

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

If you're new to this game you may find that the multiple 25 point hit is worth taking in some weeks, not only for double game weeks ;)

Inglebongas
FISOhead
FS Record: MOTW and MOTM anf Brassic Cup winner. Tiny league 2012/13... ok not much in 13 seasons...but something!

Post by Inglebongas »

Couple of my teams have taken 25 point hits this week... replacement slurps in 70+ jobs a good one...

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

After a poor start with 3 of my 4 teams, (Sub 500 points in a game I know how to play) I now take some hope from people having to take 25 points hit so early. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Metro Fantasy Football”