To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

METRO 2011/12 FANTASY FOOTBALL - LAUNCH DATE ANNOUNCED

A Fantasy Football forum for news and comment on Metro Premier Fantasy Football.
wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

METRO 2011/12 FANTASY FOOTBALL - LAUNCH DATE ANNOUNCED

Post by wandacatvenus »

From Facebook

MONDAY 11th JULY

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Re: METRO 2011/12 FANTASY FOOTBALL - LAUNCH DATE ANNOUNCED

Post by admin »

from email:

Metro’s Free Fantasy Football game for 2011/12 is out this Monday 11th July. By all accounts next season’s game is poised to be our best yet and will continue to enhance our reputation for producing quality Fantasy League games. The improvements for this season include facebook integration, pre match and in play football betting markets and an overall slicker design with game upgrades. Please let me know if you would like me to set up a mini league for your readers, this will obviously create some additional content with weekly rounds ups of who’s done what as well as promote a bit of healthy competition and interaction.

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Post by Richt »

I've not entered this one before.... will be this time around though.

fanADE
Treebeard
FS Record: Winner MATT HODGSON J4G WC2014 PREDICTIONS

Post by fanADE »

Thanks Admin.. my only concern is the attempt to integrate it with football betting market!! The TFF tried this years ago.. disaster...
i certainly would like a mini-league set up for FISO...
I'm interested as to how different it will be this season!!

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Is Metro a multi team game still? How FISOers do this? Would be interested if sidegames were plentiful - I tried years ago setting up a sidegame on Metro on FISO where the aim was to score the fewest points but I got no interest so gave up.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

5 team game last year Tacalabala.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Re: Re: METRO 2011/12 FANTASY FOOTBALL - LAUNCH DATE ANNOUNC

Post by Tacalabala »

WilBert wrote:5 team game last year Tacalabala.
Cheers WB

shogun
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Unbeaten

Post by shogun »

Hope the interface and website is better this year. It was shite last year, took too long to get refresh and update stuff.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Is this linked to the Daily Mail game?

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

A free newspaper's shoddy standards are replicated in their games. One thing you can rely on is for the Metro to mess up at least once a season and have poor site performance. They have to train fantasy football staff somewhere after all.

Their T&C might as well read:-

1. We reserve the right to mess up so prepare for a disaster that will leave you foaming at the mouth, however we will aim to iron out problems by Christmas, unless something unseasonable like snow happens.

As long as you keep that in mind its a very enjoyable game.

(was the same as the Mail a few years ago ashers but it was a very different game last time around - linked to 188's FSB football predictor game)

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

+1. Assuming the same yts guy is in charge of the game this year - if anyone wants to play this game, do please check through previous topics from around january this year. I phoned the gambling commisiion to "enquire" about this game, as they changed the rules mid-term; they weren't bothered, as i was only in the free entry part - but anyone who had paid to enter would apparently have had good cause to complain.

Won't stop me trying to win again of course (at least until i get fed up after the first change of match schedule) but at least i'll hopefully know what to expect in advance and not get so irritated about it this time.

tedbull
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 82nd 08/09

Post by tedbull »

The fk ups last year (and they were shockingly bad) were a real shame as this format has real potential.

Will be interested to see what they serve up today.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

http://fantasyfootball.metro.co.uk/how-to-play/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Auto subs and still using fsb. I'll be playing again :)

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

My favourite game.

The 2011/12 website was not up at 6.30AM this morning when I checked.

I Cannot look at the details till I get home tonight as the site is blocked by my employer (But not the Champions League game)

Wilbert - Any other changes apart from the Auto Sub.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

How to play Fantasy Football
Our Premier League fantasy football game is FREE to play and you can enter up to 5 teams. We’ve increased the number of players in your squad to give you more flexibility and the FSB points system means your players are rewarded for the entire performance on the pitch. We've also got revamped Cash Leagues and a 5-A-Side game, where you can go head to head with other gamers for more prizes! If you have any questions, please log in to Contact Us and we'll get straight back to you.

Creating Your Squad
Choose 15 players to form your squad, one who must be nominated as your captain. You're allowed no more than 4 players from each Premier League team. You have £100m to spend and must choose:

2 goalkeepers
5 defenders
5 midfielders
3 forwards
Once you’ve chosen your squad, you must select which 11 players you’re going to have on the pitch at the start of the first game-week. You can choose any of the following team formations: 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 3-5-2, 3-4-3 or 4-5-1.

Match Weeks
Metro Fantasy Football is broken down into 38 game-weeks. Any substitutions or transfers only become active at the start of the next game-week. The majority of game-weeks will begin on Saturday at midday. Occasionally a game-week may start on a different day/ time due to fixture congestion, re-arranged matches or because each team plays twice within a week.

Each game-week is intended to include one fixture per club. Please note that due to game cancellations or re-arranged fixtures start dates/ times of game-weeks may change from the originally published list. The correct start time of the next game-week is displayed via a countdown clock on all team management pages. For the full up-to-date list of match week start dates and times please visit the full Match Weeks listing. Any changes to the schedule will be reflected here and via e-mail notifications. Changes to game-week start/end dates will always be made at least a month in advance where possible.

Managing Your Team
Players in your ‘First XI’ score points, with your captain scoring double points. If one of your chosen ‘First XI’ players does not feature during a game-week the substitute given the highest priority that can fit into an eligible formation will automatically take his place.

For example:

First XI

GK: Cech, P
DF: Hangeland, B; Vidic, N; Clichy, G; Agger, D
MID: Nasri, S; Modric, L; Carrick, M; Gerrard, S (c)
FOR: Bent, D; Torres, F
Substitutes

SUB 1: Hart, J
SUB 2: Kolarov, A
SUB 3: Gyan, A
SUB 4: Essien, M
If Modric does not play during the game-week he would be automatically substituted by the player with the highest priority that can fit into an eligible formation. In this case it would be Kolarov as he is ‘SUB 2’ (higher priority than Essien & Gyan) and could enter the team in a 5-3-2 formation:

SCORING TEAM

DF: Hangeland, B; Vidic, N; Clichy, G; Agger, D; Kolarov, A
MID: Nasri, S; Carrick, M; Gerrard, S (c)
The same applies when more than one player from your First XI does not feature in a game-week. Using the above squad would result in the following scoring formation if Modric, Bent and Torres all did not feature in the game-week:

SCORING TEAM

MID: Nasri, S; Carrick, M; Gerrard, S (c), Essien
FOR: Gyan, A
When your captain does not feature the incoming substitute will score as your captain. In the case that you have more than four players including your captain who do not feature within a game-week the captain will be given priority to be removed from your team (assuming this allows for an eligible formation) so that an incoming player can score double points.

Automatically substituted players’ points are added to a team’s score at the end of the game-week. Automatic substitutions do not become part of your starting XI. Only players that you move from the substitute bench to the ‘First XI’ become active scoring members of the team at the start of the next game-week.

Team Captain
You are not penalised for changing your captain more than once and can make multiple changes to your captain. Whichever player is selected as captain at the start of each game-week will be your point scoring captain for the remainder of that game-week, unless he is automatically substituted. If you transfer your captain out of your squad, the incoming player automatically takes on the captaincy.

Making Transfers
You’ll be able to make 1 transfer per game-week, allowing you to bring in new players into your squad. Additional transfers can be made but at a cost of -25 points for each additional transfer over the weekly allowance. Transfers take effect only for the following game-week. E.g. If you make a change at 11:30am on a Saturday, those changes will be active for that week of games and onwards. If you make changes at 1:30pm on a Saturday, those changes will not become active until the following week of games (assuming both game-weeks begin at midday on Saturday).

There are two ‘transfer windows’ during the Metro Fantasy Football season. These allow you to make an additional 5 free transfers during the game-week, giving you a total of 6 free transfers. The ‘transfer window’ game-weeks are those that immediately following the closing actual Premier League transfer windows on August 31st and January 31st.  

Scoring Points
FSB Points are awarded to players for their actions in games and offer one of the most in-depth player performance rating systems available in Fantasy Football. You can view how your players are scoring whilst matches are being played by visiting the Live Scoring section of the site. FSB points use OPTA live data to create player scores. FSB Points are awarded to (and taken away from) players for their attacking play, defensive play, appearance on the pitch, and fouls.

All players will score points for the following actions:

Attacking:

Goal scored by a Goalkeeper: 50
Goal scored by a Defender: 40
Goal scored by a Midfielder and Striker: 25
Hat trick bonus (player scores three goals in a single fixture): 25
Assist: 10
Penalty miss (player misses the goal, not applied to shots saved by the keeper): -10
Own Goal: -25
Shot on target: 5
Completed passes in the final third: 1
Defending:

Tackle won: 2
Blocked shot: 2
Clearance: 2
Interception: 2
Save: 2
Penalty Save (only applied to penalty shots that are on target): 25
Clean Sheet (per each 10 minutes played) - Goalkeeper: 2
Clean Sheet (per each 10 minutes played) - Defender: 1
ie For a 90 minute clean sheet, Defenders will score 9 points. In the event that a goal is conceded, all clean sheet points will be removed from the conceding team's defensive players on the pitch at the time of the goal. If a player is substituted off without conceding a goal, he will keep his clean sheet points, even if a goal is conceded afterwards. If a player is substituted on after a goal is conceded he will begin receiving clean sheet points.

Conceded Goal - Goalkeeper: -10
Conceded Goal - Defender: -5
Appearance:

Named in the starting eleven: 15
Brought on as sub: 5
Bonus per 10 minutes played: 1
Fouls:

Handball: -5
Yellow card: -10
2nd Yellow card (and subsequent red card): -15
Straight red card: -25
Players will score for the position they played in according to OPTA positional classification. Over the course of a league/competition, a player's position may change from the original positioning set within the Metro Fantasy Football player list. The original list is also based on the OPTA classifications. Only Premier League games will count for scoring.

Scores and leaderboards will be updated daily on the Game Website.

Private Leagues
As usual you’ll be able to challenge your mates in your own Private League. You can play for free and compete for bragging rights or you can challenge your mates to put their money where their mouth is. Finish top of your league and you will win their cash once the season is said and done.

Win money in revamped Cash Leagues
You’ll be able to enter any of your five teams into our Cash Leagues. Here you will be entered into a league against other players within the game and test out your skills for the potential to win a cash prize. New Cash Leagues start each week and have a range of entry fees and payouts.

Five-a-Side
5-A-Side games are also back this year. The games are run on a weekly basis, will cost £1 to enter, and you can enter as many times as you like.

Your 5 a side team must be made up of 1 Goalkeeper, 1 Defender, 2 Midfielders and 1 Striker from the main game player list. Entries have to be made before the start of each game-week. The weekly jackpot is given to the player who enters the highest scoring team or is shared between those top-scoring players who have tied on points with equal scoring teams.

Star Player
New for this season and unique to Metro are the Star Player markets. Playing fantasy is all about picking the players who will excel during any given game. With Star Player you can try to pick the player who will score the most FSB Points during a single match. Also look out for head to head match-ups where you select which one of the two named players will have the better game.

Prizes
There’s £40,000 up for grabs - click here for a full breakdown.

Contact Us
If you need to get in touch, please log in and use the Contact Us link in the top-right and we'll get straight back to you.

Terms and Conditions
Look here for the full terms and conditions of the game.

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

WilBert wrote:http://fantasyfootball.metro.co.uk/how-to-play/

Auto subs and still using fsb. I'll be playing again :)

isn't that the 2010/11 game?

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

yes - still showing last year's rules and artwork here (and i've refreshed the cache to check) - maybe the new version went up and has been taken down again.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Not had time to look at in detail but last year we did not have auto subs so that would indicate they are new.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

Initial responses

1) Auto Subs - This feature looks quite good. My initial feeling is that it reduces some of the advantages the 'Expert' player has over the 'Casual' player in the knowlege of player injuries/suspensions etc. Over the course of a Season the expert player should still come out on tops but the differential from last Season will be reduced.

IE . It can be very annoying to find a player left on our starting 11 who is serving a One match ban or is rated as 50/50 to start. FF organisers are looking to maximise player numbers and I feel the Metro may have greatly enhanced the attractivness to work league players in this feature.

2) Match Weeks - The T & C s have been revised after last years fiascos on Game Weeks. However it looks to me like the Metro will be adding in additional Game Weeks and aim to give a months notice (But note - The months notice is not guaranteed)

Looks to me like the advantage to plan transfers in advance to gain additional games from players will be much reduced. Again a removal of the advantage an 'Expert player' has over a casual player.

Metro Fantasy Football is broken down into 38 game-weeks. Any substitutions or transfers only become active at the start of the next game-week. The majority of game-weeks will begin on Saturday at midday. Occasionally a game-week may start on a different day/ time due to fixture congestion, re-arranged matches or because each team plays twice within a week.

Each game-week is intended to include one fixture per club. Please note that due to game cancellations or re-arranged fixtures start dates/ times of game-weeks may change from the originally published list. The correct start time of the next game-week is displayed via a countdown clock on all team management pages. For the full up-to-date list of match week start dates and times please visit the full Match Weeks listing. Any changes to the schedule will be reflected here and via e-mail notifications. Changes to game-week start/end dates will always be made at least a month in advance where possible.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

The new pages are properly live now. Mian difference that jumps out - top prize money is down to £7,500 (and £7,500 for the champions league game).

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

OK, I've spotted the first Metro error of the season 8-)
WilBert wrote:Once you’ve chosen your squad, you must select which 11 players you’re going to have on the pitch at the start of the first game-week. You can choose any of the following team formations: 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 3-5-2, 3-4-3 or 4-5-1......

........If one of your chosen ‘First XI’ players does not feature during a game-week the substitute given the highest priority that can fit into an eligible formation will automatically take his place......

.....The same applies when more than one player from your First XI does not feature in a game-week. Using the above squad would result in the following scoring formation if Modric, Bent and Torres all did not feature in the game-week:

SCORING TEAM

When your captain does not feature the incoming substitute will score as your captain. In the case that you have more than four players including your captain who do not feature within a game-week the captain will be given priority to be removed from your team (assuming this allows for an eligible formation) so that an incoming player can score double points.

Automatically substituted players’ points are added to a team’s score at the end of the game-week. Automatic substitutions do not become part of your starting XI. Only players that you move from the substitute bench to the ‘First XI’ become active scoring members of the team at the start of the next game-week.
So they stress the subs can only be used if they fit one of the valid formations then in their own example they show a team in a 5-4-1 ie. not a valid formation.

Oh well, I suppose we'll find out how it actually works once the season gets going. Other than their example contradicting their own rules I like the auto subs thing. Saves me spending ages looking for team news on a friday and takes some of the luck out of it.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Nice spot Art, won't be the last that's spotted I'm sure. I can see problems with the auto sub priority order as well but I'm not going to think too hard about it for a few weeks :D

bonsey
FISOhead
FS Record: SP4 EPL Europa Cup Winner 2013 Prediction Cup Winner 2010 & 3 time league Runner up!

Post by bonsey »

Got to say that despite the glitches last year - i really enjoyed the game. The World Cup version was very good, and whilst no FPL - these tweaks will give it a run for its money this year.

Right who is going to set up the FISO mini league???

buryboy
Treebeard

Post by buryboy »

Art Vandelay wrote:OK, I've spotted the first Metro error of the season 8-)
WilBert wrote:Once you’ve chosen your squad, you must select which 11 players you’re going to have on the pitch at the start of the first game-week. You can choose any of the following team formations: 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 3-5-2, 3-4-3 or 4-5-1......

........If one of your chosen ‘First XI’ players does not feature during a game-week the substitute given the highest priority that can fit into an eligible formation will automatically take his place......

.....The same applies when more than one player from your First XI does not feature in a game-week. Using the above squad would result in the following scoring formation if Modric, Bent and Torres all did not feature in the game-week:

SCORING TEAM

So they stress the subs can only be used if they fit one of the valid formations then in their own example they show a team in a 5-4-1 ie. not a valid formation.

Oh well, I suppose we'll find out how it actually works once the season gets going. Other than their example contradicting their own rules I like the auto subs thing. Saves me spending ages looking for team news on a friday and takes some of the luck out of it.

Art , you missed an even more obvious one - just above your error , their first example read

Managing Your Team
Players in your ‘First XI’ score points, with your captain scoring double points. If one of your chosen ‘First XI’ players does not feature during a game-week the substitute given the highest priority that can fit into an eligible formation will automatically take his place.

For example:

First XI

Substitutes

If Modric does not play during the game-week he would be automatically substituted by the player with the highest priority that can fit into an eligible formation. In this case it would be Kolarov as he is ‘SUB 2’ (higher priority than Essien & Gyan) and could enter the team in a 5-3-2 formation:

They even spelled out another formation that isn't in their list of eligible ones :o

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

Oh dear. When I read it I just assumed 5-3-2 was valid. That's a bit embarrassing, they've only got two examples and managed to come up with what I think are the only two non-valid formations possible :lol:

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

At least you can't fault their consistentcy.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

PS - And to think that someone must have put some thought into the team as well. Too good to be random generated.

Shame about Essien :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

madterrier
Treebeard
FS Record: Runner-up (£1.5k) Metro FF
2nd, 3rd (£4k) Metro Champions League
3rd (£500) Mirror PL

Post by madterrier »

buryboy wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:OK, I've spotted the first Metro error of the season 8-)

SCORING TEAM

Art , you missed an even more obvious one - just above your error , their first example read

Managing Your Team

For example:

First XI

Substitutes

They even spelled out another formation that isn't in their list of eligible ones :o

Their first error was actually even earlier than the two that you guys posted, which had me laughing out loud!

How to play Fantasy Football
Our Premier League fantasy football game is FREE to play and you can enter up to 5 teams. We’ve increased the number of players in your squad to give you more flexibility and the FSB points system means your players are rewarded for the entire performance on the pitch....

.....Creating Your Squad
Choose 15 players to form your squad,

But it was 15 players last season - the same this season. :?

Poor old Metro, they really do make themselves look like chumps.

buryboy
Treebeard

Post by buryboy »

I know this may sound lazy :o , but has anyone put together a nice full list of all the players values in a pretty excel spreadsheet ?
Unless I am missing anything , there is no easy to read / copy player list , you just have to copy/paste a page of 10 selections , then move to next page , do the same again etc for 60 pages ?

And if anyone has anything similar for player points for last season ( and any earlier ones ) that would be MIGHTY appreciated

Thanks

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Post by Richt »

I have set up a mini league.

Have set the teams to public as surely that will add to more banter? Not as if there is any money to be played for - just bragging rights.

League code 10552

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Metro Fantasy Football”