To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

MAJOR POINTS DISCREPANCIES 1ST / 2ND FEB

A Fantasy Football forum for news and comment on Metro Premier Fantasy Football.
wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

MAJOR POINTS DISCREPANCIES 1ST / 2ND FEB

Post by wandacatvenus »

I have been looking at my scores tonight and cross referencing with a Spreadsheet I keep (Sad that I am)

My top team started the week on 13279 pts in 635th place and ended this morning on 13873 pts in 456th place.

I have just re-checked the team and it is now on the same number of points in 501st place.

Having checked my points this week, I am actually 40 pts short of what I should be on. The only one of my players who scored 40 points of my 11 players was Fabregas, yet on the score breakdown page his score is correct as is the Overall total for Fabregas.

On the individual breakdown page, I have not been scored at all for Dempsey or C Adam, a grand total of 114 pts this week, which ironically bears no relation to the points total missing on the Team screen.

I am seriously confused - Any one else have any poblems.

I have not even looked into my second team which has dropped over 100 places since this morning.

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Re: MAJOR POINTS DISCREPANCIES 1ST / 2ND FEB

Post by Doogal »

Funnily enough my best team dropped nearly 100 places from what it showed last night (after the update), but the points total remains the same and correct. They must have done some corrections today - perhaps to teams (maybe like yours?) where they missed out a player or two?

One of the problems with this game is that, if you start messing around with substitutions for the following week after the deadline for this week has passed, it is difficult to remember who you actually benched and who you didn't. However, as I'm sure you know, the 'score and transfer history' page shows for each week 11 players with a figure (including 0) against them and four with a little dash against them, so at least you know what the machine thinks you did in terms of benching. I don't know if that is relevant to your problem - which I can't quite understand.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

Put simply, my top team scored 634 pts this week.

My team page has been credited with 594 pts, ie a shortfall of 40 pts.

Accessing the score breakdown screen and adding up this weeks scores gives 520pts with Nil points for Adams and Dempsey.

VERY VERY confusing.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

I keep spreadsheets for the ones I take seriously, most serious players do I should imagine. Alas for this one I dont.....

Just re-checked my scores and my top team has lept to 256. I checked yesterday morning and I'm quite sure that I was not that high, maybe mid 400's? I've checked my weekly totals and the sum makes up that of the parts.

I think Doogal's right. Players points have been added on afterwards. For such a leap it maybe Tevez as I had him as captain?

Other possibilities -
points adjustments for previous weeks
players re-classified to different positions?
minus points for more than one transfer?

(Edit - I've checked my top team. Individual scores shown in the team breakdown match those shown in the live scoring.)

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

I will E mail the Metro and see what happens.

I presume that neither of you had C Adam or Dempsey playing?

I did not incur any 25 point penalties this week, so I can rule that out. Also 40 points is not a multiple of 25.

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

wandacatvenus wrote:I will E mail the Metro and see what happens.

I did not incur any 25 point penalties this week, so I can rule that out. Also 40 points is not a multiple of 25.
I had Dempsey playing, and he is shown on my 'score and transfer history' page as 51, which is correct.

When you say 'nil' for Adams and Dempsey, I presume you mean the figure '0' and not a dash? (the latter would mean on the bench) If it shows 0, they have definitely made an error.

Also when you say it adds up to 520, I presume you know that they only show and add captain points singly - ie if your captain scored 74 it would add up in the column to 520 but you would get another 74 points in the captain column, ie 594 in all. (Only checking - I assume you are aware of these two points)

Edit Did you captain Vidic? - he scored 74.
Last edited by Doogal on 03 Feb 2011, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

Further advice. I think I may have found the problem.

The only players I have with 40 points scored in the last few weeks are Fabregas this week and C adam on January 15th.

As I said C Adams scores do no add up in the points split screen for my team and it seems a co-incidence that the 40points I am missing are the number he scored on 15h January.

I have also E mailed the Metro tonight. Will see what happens.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

Doogal wrote:
wandacatvenus wrote:I will E mail the Metro and see what happens.

I had Dempsey playing, and he is shown on my 'score and transfer history' page as 51, which is correct.

When you say 'nil' for Adams and Dempsey, I presume you mean the figure '0' and not a dash? (the latter would mean on the bench) If it shows 0, they have definitely made an error.

Also when you say it adds up to 520, I presume you know that they only show and add captain points singly - ie if your captain scored 74 it would add up in the column to 520 but you would get another 74 points in the captain column, ie 594 in all. (Only checking - I assume you are aware of these two points)

Edit Did you captain Vidic? - he scored 74.

Doogal - The difference between 634 pts and 520 pts is the missing 114 pts for Dempsey and C Adam this week. My captain was Nani. Dempsey and Adam are scored as a - sign.

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Doogal »

wandacatvenus wrote:
Doogal - The difference between 634 pts and 520 pts is the missing 114 pts for Dempsey and C Adam this week. My captain was Nani. Dempsey and Adam are scored as a - sign.

Aha - that obviously means that the computer indicates that you had those two on the bench. Presumably there are another 11 players with figures (including '0' s) against their names- those are the 11 the computer says you had on the field. QED.

Edit - when did you do your tansfers/subs? It had to be done by the previous Saturday, of course, even though there were no league games on the Saturday.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

Doogal - Problem solved.

Yes 2 of what are now on the Subs benched scored 74 points. 114 pts - 74 pts is the missing 40 pts. Cannot remember playing round withmy team this week.

Feel such a plonker now.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Glad you got it sorted WCV - Doogal, ur a gent and very patient. Don't you just love FISO!?

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Doogal »

WilBert wrote:Glad you got it sorted WCV - Doogal, ur a gent and very patient. Don't you just love FISO!?
Yes indeed I do -it's a great community of obsessives! Only doing what others on here have done for me in the past.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Metro Fantasy Football”