To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Further gameweek confusion

A Fantasy Football forum for news and comment on Metro Premier Fantasy Football.
WilBert
Dumbledore

Further gameweek confusion

Post by WilBert »

Got this message when I logged in tonight
Transfer Window
The transfer window will open Tuesday 1st February and will close at midday Saturday 5th February.

For this period you will have an additional 5 free transfers, giving you a total of 6 free transfers for the Game Week. Unused additional transfers will be forfeited if not used during that Game Week.
Then a prompt box saying "make transfers"

I am right thinking that changes can be made before noon Saturday to come into effect for the games 1/2 and 2/2 right? Just don't trust these guys anymore.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Re: Further gameweek confusion

Post by wandacatvenus »

I think it's just an Advance Warning.

5 Extra transfers are allocated at the end of each transfer window. (You may remember getting extra transfers at the end of August)

5 additional transfers are therefore to be allocated after the close of the transfer window on 31/1, which can be used and will start scoring on the game week starting on
Saturday 05/02.

Crookface
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 7thOverall 05/06, Winner MOTM Jan, Nov 07 - April 12.  MOTW Winner 2012. 

Post by Crookface »

12th Feb 2011 26th Feb 2011*

* This will be a double game-week due to the games that have been re-scheduled for the week commencing Feb 19th 2011.

Though on Fixtures it only shows game's upto the 15th Feb!! So people wont see that some teams could have extra games!!
Last edited by Crookface on 05 Feb 2011, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.

Crookface
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 7thOverall 05/06, Winner MOTM Jan, Nov 07 - April 12.  MOTW Winner 2012. 

Post by Crookface »

In fact only show's Brum v Newcastle are the Extra game on 15th Feb!!

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Already mentioned this to them on their facebook page - which they do reply to, sometimes - and asked for a swift correction and apology. Have attached a screenshot showing the offending fixture list - and now it's here in public, will be interesting if and when they try and claim that no mistake was ever made - as happened in january. Won't be getting into another argument with them over this though - it's already clear that this game has not been run competently this season.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Could someone please remind me not to get involved in a discussion with these idiots if this carries on? To save time explaining, here is another screenshot - of the facebook page, wherein metro answers the query, by not answering the query.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Don't waste too much emotional energy on the numpties.

Crookface
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crookface »

Its better for us as we know they will count and others wont see it. :D

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

'Morning. That's not a very sportsmanlike attitude!

No, the problem is that i don't trust whoever is running this game to make sure that the games will in fact count. GFM in general manage to run games like the telegraph one well - this game feels like it was set up to look efficient and quite complicated, but they've left the yts boy in charge. And he (or she) isn't good at communicating what's happening, and doesn't appreciate the implications of getting details wrong.

pseudo geek
FISOhead

Post by pseudo geek »

They have updated the fixtures now

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Good spot pseudo - noticed that some "top" players had gone for Newcastle backup ready for next week. Wonder if they were playing safe by following the fixtures shown on the site for the game week?

Crookface
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crookface »

I See they have put 0-0 in for the Void game's.... Some people might not click on!!

Tottenham v Arsenal 0-0 26/02/2011
Chelsea v Birmingham 0-0 26/02/2011
Wolves v Blackpool - 26/02/2011
Everton v Sunderland 26/02/2011
Wigan v Man Utd - 26/02/2011
Newcastle v Bolton - 26/02/2011
Aston Villa v Blackburn - 26/02/2011
Man City v Fulham - 27/02/2011
West Ham v Liverpool - 27/02/2011
Stoke City v West Brom 28/02/2011
Chelsea v Man Utd - 01/03/201

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

I thought the Metro had made another mess up again with the gameweeks. I knew this week was an International week but the Metro two weeks ago clearly had the week 26/3 to 02/04 as a seperate gameweek on their website, even though no games were being played. I made a free transfer last week to ensure I could make another transfer in the gameweek 26/3 to 02/04. Come Noon last Saturday and my transfer counter was Not reset to one. Looking at the gameweeks you could see that the Metro had scrapped the gameweek 26/3 to 02/04 and combined it with the previous gameweek to give a combined two week gameweek of 19/3 to 02/04.

I thought initially I might have been imaging things but the conversation below between the Metro and a Facebook user makes interesting reading.

Metro - you've made a mess up of things AGAIN!!!!!!

You specifically showed there being a game week on 26 March to 2 April, even though there were no fixtures. But it was a good opportunity for us to get our monthly team entries sorted out for April, and we were assuming there were three free transfers before teams playing a double gam...e week.

And you only introduced this list of specified game weeks, AFTER your major muddle over the secret, non-communicated double game weeks around the Blackpool-Liverpool game. So even though there were no League fixtures, we took it that we could at least make a transfer.

Now you've boo-boobed again!!!!

Do you guys run this game from down the pub???!!!! You certainly seem to be on the falling-over water much of the time.

Metro Free Fantasy Football Hi Brenda - We originally put a game-week in for this week but removed the game-week when it became clear that no matches were scheduled for the week. This was made clear via both the countdown clock and the page listing all the active game-weeks http://fantasyfootball.metro.co.uk/gameweeks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not made clear at all. You only listed these game weeks by specific date after your last mess up, so why would we think we wouldn't be allowed to do a free transfer? You treat us with contempt. You don't seem to realise people plan strategies to try and win, based on your published rules, but it is near-impossible when you keep changing things all the time whenever you realise you've made yet another mistake.

in which case you should have left the game week in as published, whether there were fixtures or not, to allow people to make a free transfer. The next best thing you could do is allow two free transfers this week. You change everything else on the hoof so why not change this?3 hours ago ·

Unfortunately, we will not be offering another free transfer to all players as the information about when the game-weeks were starting was on the site ahead of time and the countdown clock for the start of the next game-week on the transfer page also showed these dates. The best resource for checking the game-weeks is always here: http://fantasyfootball.metro.co.uk/gameweeks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2 hours ago ·Metro Free Fantasy Football If you ever have any questions about game-rules you can also contact our support e-mail address which is always on-hand to answer any questions at any time fantasygames@react-now.co.uk alongside asking us on the facebook wall

2 hours ago · It's pathetic. You really don't know how to play fantasy football games do you?!! People are planning transfer strategies a few weeks out. The fact that you finally notice yet another of your mistakes a couple of days before a new game wee...k is about to start and then change it, doesn't help people. To do the two transfers needed for 2 April now costs -25 points. And it's really annoying the way you patronise people with your comments, not only in this thread. We now how to play these games - obviously you don't
See more

Crookface
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crookface »

Im glad, i have not looked at it for a few weeks. ;-) Though I would not chance doing a transfers no matter what they say, plus with international's not much point.

tedbull
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 82nd 08/09

Post by tedbull »

Can't agree with the guy on Facebook. They saw in advance that there were no fixtures and removed the gameweek. That's the right thing to do - not like the BLA/LIV debacle where they just changed the game rather than the rules without any precedent. Making a call ahead of time on getting a bonus transfer in a week where there were no fixtures was a big gamble - and not consistent with what we now know to be Metro's intentions. Gambles are fine, just don't expect to always win.

I don't expect to be able to plan a strategy for every week that remains. In a gameweek based game things change regularly and you deal with it. We now know that the Metro will change gameweek dates at short notice - just makes it part of the game. The problem with the BLA/LIV debacle was that the game was WEEK based (with a couple of noted exceptions) rather than GAMEWEEK based... and they made the shift to gameweeks unannounced.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Just take nothing at face value or for granted in this game.

FUBU05
FISOhead

Post by FUBU05 »

The Metro website shows no double gameweek in April when clearly there is a double game week happening for some teams come April 16th. What is going to happen here?

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

FUBU05 wrote:The Metro website shows no double gameweek in April when clearly there is a double game week happening for some teams come April 16th. What is going to happen here?
Yep - Have been planning for the gameweek above for a few weeks now and my next rise up the table.

There are also double gameweeks on 23/4 - 30/4 for 4 teams (None of the big 6/7 though) and 7/5 - 14/5 for the teams involved in the fourth place play off.

Spotting these double gameweeks and planing transfers accordingly is What makes this game interesting

Just a shame that I only sussed this game out after around 10 weeks and was 800 points behind the leader. Mind you next year I will not be in California with VERY LIMITED internet access for the first two weeks of the season, which did not help this year at the start.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

I'm working on the assumption that the games scheduled to be played during their published gameweek calendar will count. If a team has 2 games during one of those weeks

e.g. Arsenal have a game on 16/4 and 20/4 you will score for both their games during the published gameweek that runs between the 16/4 and 23/4.

FUBU05
FISOhead

Post by FUBU05 »

WilBert wrote:I'm working on the assumption that the games scheduled to be played during their published gameweek calendar will count. If a team has 2 games during one of those weeks

e.g. Arsenal have a game on 16/4 and 20/4 you will score for both their games during the published gameweek that runs between the 16/4 and 23/4.
Hi Wilbert,

I wish I shared your confidence that this would be the case. Seeing what happened earlier in the season with Metro and the fact they have not recorded the week of the 16th as a double game week does not exactly inspire me with a lot of confidence and I have a nagging feeling in the back of my head that one of the games will go without scoring. Maybe I should contact the Metro to get a definitive answer on whether the 16th will be a double game week due to Arsenal's game in midweek.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

If you have doubt and especially being so near a National prize then you should check. I read the asterixed weeks at double weeks rather than double game weeks. i.e. the span more than their originally published Saturday noon to Saturday noon Calendar.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Did you get an answer FUBU? Did you decide what you're going to do? I have decent coverage without taking hits toying with making extra transfers though....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Metro Fantasy Football”