To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

25 Point Hit...

A Fantasy Football forum for news and comment on Metro Premier Fantasy Football.
BrianClough
Cheetah

Re: 25 Point Hit...

Post by BrianClough »

Crookface wrote:
BrianClough wrote:
Crookface wrote:Nearest bloke in my League took a 125pt hit!! now has 10 Doubles and has closed from 200 pts to 25!! I presume the 125 go off straight away!!
And I am gonna catch ya.. :wink:

Hello beerhead, got off my forum :D

Some good picks you did.... Yes 25pts don't seem much when you brink an dgw 80pt player for someone who gets 40
I follow you everywhere Crooks.. :lol: :lol:

I am always on S11 as I am big YFF player.. I cannot get into the FAPL and Telegraph Fantasy Footies, although I do try every year and give up about November time.. :(

Metro is one I am really enjoying this year though, I must admit.. :wink: Only downer for me yesterday was having Alcarez whom was injured.. Got 10 possible starters midweek though :wink:

Speak soon..

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

How many hits this week people? I took 75 in my top team due to bad medium term planning! I've stopped myself going further.

Crookface
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 7thOverall 05/06, Winner MOTM Jan, Nov 07 - April 12.  MOTW Winner 2012. 

Post by Crookface »

Got a team in 275th with -25 Hit Nani*

and 276th with -50 Hit.... Vidic*

For my tourny teams in various, though its the last week so dont have to worry about next week, though for some reason have 4 Everton Players.. :| ....

Everyone Captained Nani!!... Its gotta be Man U... Hope Burbs doesn't get aonther , as got Rooney in most...

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

Teams are now in 208th and 472nd place.

25 points hit taken on each team this week.

My forward planning has worked out quite well. Only had to take a 25 point hit
as Charlie Adam got himself suspended for 2 games.

pseudo geek
FISOhead

Post by pseudo geek »

Brought Berbatov in, he is on the bench :x

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

A good day for my fantasy football team.

A poor day for the team I support (4-0 defeat to Man Utd)

Heart does not rule my head though, All four of my Man Utd players started and all scored 50 pts plus including my Captains.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Poor day for me started the day in 125th expect to drop to 250th! Bah.

Well done wanda and crook for getting your teams in order without too many penalties. Well done to Art for getting into the top 100 - today should see him climb further.

Edit - not as bad as I thought only dropped to 148th with 4 to play + 4 Utd midweek for second game
Last edited by WilBert on 26 Feb 2011, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

Cheers, not sure I'll be climbing though after stocking up on Brum and Arse players two weeks ago. I forgot they wouldn't be playing this week and had to take a 100 point hit getting rid of them and Adam :oops:

hoping to hang on to the leaderboard this weekend and start my charge to the top next week 8-)

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

Movement today

Top team --208 to 166 (3 to play)
Second Team -- 472 to 370 (3 to play)

Am also well positioned for the next Double game week involving Everton & Birmingham.

In the £250 (50 Player) Tournament (Top 5 are payout spots) I am currently 4th and 7th.

Crookface
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 7thOverall 05/06, Winner MOTM Jan, Nov 07 - April 12.  MOTW Winner 2012. 

Post by Crookface »

Team now 280th
with.. Not Happy with Cahill..
Hart
Cole
Thomas
Tevez
Odemwingie
Rooney
Evra
Vidic
Nani*

Other team now 259th

With
Hart
Cole
Tevez
Odemwingie
Rooney
Evra
Vidic*
Nani

I should mix them up a bit!! :roll:

Rooney

to come.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

And congrats to ttewoj2 for getting into the top 100 after today's update too :D

tedbull
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 82nd 08/09

Post by tedbull »

Took multiple hits again before this weekend... just seems like a no brainer when it only costs 25 points.

Didn't get in the FISO league but currently in 84th, 86th, 210th, 505th, and 3,521st place. My own league currently in 3rd place overall :)

Still got a fair bit left this week too. 4 Man Utd players in every team and they all have at least 2 others to play as well so should make further ground this week.

The question is... how many would still have Chelsea players in this comp? I'm pretty much down to Ivanovich and Cole.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

I can confirm no Chelsea cover.

Am also surprised tonight to find my two teams are both in the top 40 of the February Monthly Leaderboard, partcularly as they were not geared up for the Monthly competition.

tedbull
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 82nd 08/09

Post by tedbull »

Did you play the double gameweeks quite strongly?

It seems to me that there are a lot of very conservative players in this comp. I make small movements up and down but come a double gameweek I generally make great strides even if I don't have the real top performers. I don't think many are taking points hits for the doublers.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

tedbull wrote:It seems to me that there are a lot of very conservative players in this comp. I make small movements up and down but come a double gameweek I generally make great strides even if I don't have the real top performers. I don't think many are taking points hits for the doublers.
Same here. Since christmas I've gone from about 1500 to 78th on the back of three double weeks and it would have been a lot more if they'd made the rules clear on 'game weeks' and rescheduled games before that Liverpool Blackpool game :roll:

For the first third of the season I didn't take any 25 point hits but really in this game 25 points is nothing so any double game or injury and it's worth doing. Occasionally it doesn't work out, eg. I took out Nani the other week who outscored his double gameweek replacement in his one game but over the whole season it's got to be worth it.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Metro Fantasy Football”