To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Metro Fantasy Football 2010/11

A Fantasy Football forum for news and comment on Metro Premier Fantasy Football.
Jack72
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maxi Muscle FF - 1st (October MOTM) . , TFF Weekender - 1st (Week 13) , Championship FF - 34th. WC 2014 TFF - 27th

Metro Fantasy Football 2010/11

Post by Jack72 »

Launching Today..............I guess just keep checking the site

Jack72
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maxi Muscle FF - 1st (October MOTM) . , TFF Weekender - 1st (Week 13) , Championship FF - 34th. WC 2014 TFF - 27th

Re: Metro Fantasy Football 2010/11

Post by Jack72 »

Sorry, this topic shouldn't be under FA Prem

Jack72
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jack72 »

http://fantasyfootball.metro.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

How to Play

Our Premier League fantasy football game is FREE to play and you can enter up to 5 teams. We’ve increased the number of players in your squad to give you more flexibility and our new points system means your players are rewarded for the entire performance on the pitch. We've also got new cash tournaments and a 5-A-Side game, where you can go head to head with other gamers for more prizes!

If you need to get in touch, drop us an email at fantasygames@react-now.co.uk and we'll get straight back to you.
Creating Your Squad

Choose 15 players to form your squad, one who must be nominated as your captain. You're allowed no more than 4 players from each Premier League team. You have £100m to spend and must choose:

* 2 goalkeepers
* 5 defenders
* 5 midfielders
* 3 strikers

Once you’ve chosen your squad, you must select which 11 players you’re going to have on the pitch at the start of the season. You can choose any of the following team formations: 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 3-5-2 or 4-5-1.
Scoring Points

Only players in your ‘current XI’ score points, with your captain scoring double points. Points are provided live during every game via our 'live scores' tab, found above. Our new points system is provided by FSB Points, using OPTA live stats as the basis and offers our most comprehensive performance measurement yet. FSB Points are awarded to (and taken away from) players for their attacking play, defensive play, appearance on the pitch, and fouls. All players will score points for the following actions:
Attacking Points:

* Goal Scored by a Goalkeeper: 50
* Goal Scored by Defender: 40
* Goal Scored by a Midfielder and Striker: 25
* Hat trick bonus: 25
* Assist: 10
* Penalty miss: -10
* Own Goal: -25
* Shot on target: 5
* Completed passes in the final third: 1

Defensive Points:

* Tackle won: 2
* Blocked shot: 2
* Clearance: 2
* Interception: 2
* Save: 2
* Penalty Save: 25

Clean Sheet (per 10 minutes)

* Goalkeeper: 2
* Defender: 1

I.E. For a 90 minute clean sheet, Defenders will score 9 points. In the event that a goal is conceded, no clean sheets points are awarded. If a player is substituted without conceding a goal, he'll score clean sheet points, even if a goal is conceded afterwards.
Conceded Goal

* Goalkeeper: -10
* Defender: -5

Appearance Points:

* Named in the starting eleven: 15
* Brought on as sub: 5
* Bonus per 10 minutes played: 1

Fouls:

* Handball: -5
* Yellow card: -10
* 2nd Yellow card (and red card): -15
* Straight red card: -25

Players will score for the position they played in according to OPTA positional classification. Over the course of a league/competition, a player's position may change from the original positioning set within the Metro Fantasy Football player list. The original list is also based on the OPTA classifications. Only Premier League games will count for scoring.

Scores and leaderboards will be updated daily on the Game Website.
Substitutions and Transfers

You’ll be able to make 1 transfer per game week (Noon Saturday - Saturday) during the season, to bring a new player into your squad. Additional transfers can be made but, you will have to pay a penalty fee of -25 points for each additional transfer. Transfers take effect only for the following game-week. E.g. If you make a change at 11:30am on a Saturday, those changes will be active for that week of games and onwards. If a you make changes at 1:30pm on a Saturday, those changes will not become active until the following week of games. The same applies to Captain changes.

There will be transfer windows that occurs during the game-week immediately following the actual Premier League transfer window. This will allow you to make an additional 5 free transfers, giving you a total of 6 free transfers to use in that game-week.

During the season, you can make unlimited changes to your team by making substitutions, promoting players from your bench into your starting XI.

Substitutions and formation changes also follow the game-week structure and act in the same way as captain changes in that they can be continually changed throughout the week but will be fixed at noon on Saturday for scoring in the following game week.
Team Captain

You are not penalised for changing your captain more than once and can make multiple changes to your captain. However, whichever player is selected as captain at 12:00 on each Saturday will be your point scoring captain for the remainder of that game-week. If you transfer your captain out of your squad, the incoming player automatically takes on the captaincy without using up a captain change. Captain changes are effective from the next game-week.
Mini Leagues

As usual you’ll be able to challenge your mates in your own private league. Just get 5 or more mates together and see if you can claim bragging rights at the end of the game!
Win cash with our Tournaments

You’ll be able to enter any of your five teams into our cash tournaments. A single team can only be in one tournament but you can be in the same tournament more than once. Tournaments are ‘pay to enter’ and have a range of entry fees and payouts.
5-A-Side

5-A-Side games are a new addition to our Premier League Fantasy Football game. The games are run on a weekly basis, will cost £1 to enter, and you can enter as many times as you like.

Your 5 a side team must be made up of 1 Goalkeeper, 1 Defender, 2 Midfielders and 1 Striker from the main game player list. Entries have to be made before noon on Saturday. The weekly jackpot is given to the player who enters the highest scoring team or is shared between those top-scoring players who have tied on points with equal scoring teams.
Prizes

There’s £30,000 up for grabs – click here for a full breakdown.
Contact Us

If you need to get in touch, drop us an email at fantasygames@react-now.co.uk and we'll get straight back to you.

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

Gutted. First TFFO, now The Metro.

My two favourite games gone :(

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

Presumably they want the top prize to be won by some random bloke/woman

It is not impossible that someone could pick a team at the beginning of the season , not touch it and still do well overall

I don't mind the scoring system but the transfers/weekly cut-off situation makes it a lottery

Andy

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

No minileague prize :(

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Yayyy it's back. The only thing that's certain with this game is that it changes every year. It's almost as much about who adjustes best to the changes as it is about the players you select - this year seems no different.

*Makes mental note to self not to leave things till last minute due to site reliability*

robby1
Kevin and Perry

Post by robby1 »

Art Vandelay wrote:Gutted. First TFFO, now The Metro.

My two favourite games gone :(
Art - all may not be lost.

Metro & Daily Mail shared the fantasy game last year. They are still to launch their comp. and the prize money is £40k (different to metro) so they may be keeping the same format and going solo?

Lets hope so.

Steve

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

Thanks for that, I'll keep an eye on The Mail. Fingers crossed :)

FUBU05
FISOhead

Post by FUBU05 »

Yeah im gutted to the changes to this game. Have been a Metro fanatic for the last 2 years but think this season I will pass and look elsewhere. Real shame as the Metro format I thought was excellent. Why fix something that isn't broke? :evil:

croll
FISOhead

Post by croll »

Was considering this game and decided to make a team, which is where I have problems.

I made a team with drogba rooney rvp, lampard fabregas arteta bale olsson nzog evra and had money to spare.

They may as well have just said pick 15 players regardless of budget.

STINKYGOLDFISH
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Finished 19th in last years Sun Dream Team, best on FISO

Post by STINKYGOLDFISH »

I put one in last night, cos i was bored so i thought i take a look. Dont like this format whatsoever so the game will be put on ice unless i get bored again.
Agreed, its not too difficult to put lots of the big players in to make a very decent-looking team, its just the new rules are quite 'un' user-friendly.

The WC game was the same to look at, i soon got shot of it after 2 days couldnt be bothered :?

Knulpuk
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ultra ultra consistent (see above)

Post by Knulpuk »

I must admit I have glazed over a bit - will give this a swerve this year I think - probably for the best!

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

Played the Metro World Cup Game (with same scoring System)

However

1) Why have a 15 man squad game, when you have to set your starting 11 at Noon on Sasturday for a full game week. You cannot Sun in and out the remaining 4 players

2) The way forwards seems to be, to spend as heavy as possible on a Good first 11 and as little as possible on the 4 Subs - Blackpool players ?

3) If one of your 11 gets an Injury in a Saturday game, you can do nothing anyway until Noon the following Saturday. As you get a fre transfe per week, you just transfer them out for another reasonable first 11 pick. No point in bringing in a Cheap Sub, when you are given a free transfer

4) Extra 2 point penalty for additional Subs - As I was averaging over 40pts per player in the WC game, this seems to be a sacrifice worth paying if for examples some players have 2 games in one week compared to 1 of another club, (May be dependen on if you wish to transfer back afterwards)

What does everyone else think?

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

I'm in two minds about this. On the one hand I hate the format, hate the scoring, and am annoyed they've ditched a perfectly good game. On the other hand it's free and you could win 15 grand so I feel obliged to stick a team in.
wandacatvenus wrote:.....What does everyone else think?
I agree. There's no point spending anything on your subs. If I enter I'll just go with the cheapest possible. As long as one of them plays each week that should be enough to cover for injuries as you've got a transfer anyway.

And because you don't actually need your subs it means the remaining budget is very generous so I'd imagine everyone will have Rooney, Drogba, Lampard etc. and we'll get 100,000 teams with at least half a side identical. It'll come down to who gets lucky with their captains and keeping track of which sides have an extra game in the 'game week'.

FUBU05
FISOhead

Post by FUBU05 »

wandacatvenus wrote:
4) Extra 2 point penalty for additional Subs - As I was averaging over 40pts per player in the WC game, this seems to be a sacrifice worth paying if for examples some players have 2 games in one week compared to 1 of another club, (May be dependen on if you wish to transfer back afterwards)

I think there is a penalty of 25 points for each additional transfer made.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Going against the consensus it seems but I think there is alot of subtlety you can bring to your 15 man squad which will make for interesting tactical decisions. :)

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

FUBU05 wrote:
wandacatvenus wrote:

I think there is a penalty of 25 points for each additional transfer made.
Typo I'm afraid. Still think a 25 point penalty is a sacrifice worth paying in some circumstances.

robby1
Kevin and Perry

Post by robby1 »

Art Vandelay wrote:Thanks for that, I'll keep an eye on The Mail. Fingers crossed :)
Hi Art,

Check this out!!

http://fantasyfootball.dailymail.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Robby

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Good call robby1, entered 5 teams :)

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Art Vandelay »

robby1 wrote:Hi Art,

Check this out!!

http://fantasyfootball.dailymail.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Great news :D

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Deppy
FISOhead
FS Record: FPL/TFF side game champ 11/12, FISO5AS CHAMP 11/12, TFFOO7 CHAMP 11/12.

Post by Deppy »

Hi all, Is anyone going to be setting up a Fiso mini league for the Metro game?

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

Am I correct in saying that if you enter a Mini League, all teams are public.

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

andye wrote:Presumably they want the top prize to be won by some random bloke/woman
Confirmed today :roll:

blackpool-liverpool-january-12th-not-in ... 82145.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Crookface
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 7thOverall 05/06, Winner MOTM Jan, Nov 07 - April 12.  MOTW Winner 2012. 

Post by Crookface »

So though Bale is classed as a Defender on paper, for Scoring he get Midfeilders Points!!

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Ohh The inconsistency :evil: . More holes in this game than a second hand dart board.

Gardner - played 22 down as a defender scores as a midfielder.
Coleman - played 27 down as a defender scores as a defender.

(Nolan - played 26 down as a midfielder scores like a beast)

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

1 Andrew Hill Team2 19126
2 Liza Lawes Derek 19050
3 Andy Potter Aldershot Rejects 19022
4 Craig Thamotheram BTC 2 18978
5 Ben Garlick Wardsters Remorse 18967
6 PAUL DONKERSLEY Paul Psychic Octopus 18949
7 Penny Haynes Snoopy 18948
8 pascal evans covport2 18914
9 Sandy Domingos Tutti Frutti 2 18909
10 Steve Legg stegg4 18898
11 Craig Thamotheram BTC4 18866
12 Craig Thamotheram BTC 18834
13 JUSTIN BURT SMOOTH CRIMINAL 18832
14 Andrew Hill team5 18803
15 Pat Lawes pad1 18802
16 Neil Carrington FrankieFrog5 18742
17 Ben Short Ameobis Angels 18736
18 michael newton killers 11 team 3 18735
19 Andrew Hill Left Side Over Here 18730
20 Craig Thamotheram BTC4 18717

Good luck to those in the mix going into the final weeks of the season

Andy

FUBU05
FISOhead

Post by FUBU05 »

Cheers Andy,

My name is amongst those in this list although with the way the format of this game is I do believe a lot more teams outside the top 20 have a realistic chance of clinching a season long cash prize. I think this game allows for even more serious gains and to cut down leads even compared to my favourite Daily Mail game in which I'm doing terrible this year.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Good luck for the rest of the season FUBU. Can't see the team in the Fiso mini league though :wink:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Metro Fantasy Football”