To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Can Paternity leave form part of your notice?

A forum for general discussion on Career, Business & Hobby subjects and topics
Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Can Paternity leave form part of your notice?

Post by Ashers »

Evening FISO,

I have a job interview next week and if successful will be starting the new role in mid August.

However, Our baby is due on the 3rd August and I don't want to start the other job until I have had my two weeks leave.

If I was to hand my notice in mid July, would I get away with two weeks on paternity leave or do you lose this if under notice?

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Re: Can Paternity leave form part of your notice?

Post by Calvin1979 »

I've been looking in this area recently as I had an interview and wanted to find out if a pre-booked holiday could form part of my notice period. For paternity leave my understanding is that as long as you meet the qualifying criteria i.e. been there long enough and given the correct notice (in, or before, the 15th week before the week the child is due) then you should be ok. Section 88 of the Employment Rights Act should help you out.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1996/18/part/IX

Good luck with the interview. I managed to get a new job but they made the offer so quickly that I've had to cancel my holiday as it clashes with my start date. I was so desperate to get the job that I didn't mention the holiday as I thought it might affect my chances of being made an offer.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Calvin1979 wrote:I've been looking in this area recently as I had an interview and wanted to find out if a pre-booked holiday could form part of my notice period. For paternity leave my understanding is that as long as you meet the qualifying criteria i.e. been there long enough and given the correct notice (in, or before, the 15th week before the week the child is due) then you should be ok. Section 88 of the Employment Rights Act should help you out.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1996/18/part/IX

Good luck with the interview. I managed to get a new job but they made the offer so quickly that I've had to cancel my holiday as it clashes with my start date. I was so desperate to get the job that I didn't mention the holiday as I thought it might affect my chances of being made an offer.
Who's your new boss, Cellinio?

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

Ashers wrote:Evening FISO,

I have a job interview next week and if successful will be starting the new role in mid August.

However, Our baby is due on the 3rd August and I don't want to start the other job until I have had my two weeks leave.

If I was to hand my notice in mid July, would I get away with two weeks on paternity leave or do you lose this if under notice?
I just saw one of our HR guys at the coffee machine and asked him. His view was that you keep the paternity rights in a notice period. I did point out that I wasn't asking for myself, although whether he believed that or not is another matter...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Careers, Businesses & Hobbies”