To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Professional Bodies

A forum for general discussion on Career, Business & Hobby subjects and topics
crispybits
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISO Apprentice Champion 2011-2012, Xpert11 FBT winner season 7

Professional Bodies

Post by crispybits »

No not the title of a dodgy p0rno - well, it might be but that's not what this thread is about...

I'm looking around at some of the professional bodies from within the industry my career seems to be rushing headlong into (and I'm generally happy with that direction), but I'm wondering if it's worth joining 1-3 of these organisations both to add a bit of extra credibility to my CV (I have no formal qualifications at present directly relevant to the industry, which is something I can work on but which will take time) and to gain further resources for my own personal development in the form of networking groups, online discussion boards with the kind of narrow focus you can't find often in the free to access www, events and webinars to expand my knowledge base, etc etc.

If you've been in a recruitment position, did you see any of these memberships on people's CVs and did they make any difference? If you've been a member of any of these kinds of bodies did you find them helpful, and is there a way to find reviews on the various different bodies to find out which ones are worth the membership fees before joining?

For example - these guys:

http://www.dama.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.arma.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Re: Professional Bodies

Post by Ashers »

Which Professional Bodies are you referring to?

I am a member of The CII and IFS, but it's the qualifications from these groups that have mattered.

crispybits
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISO Apprentice Champion 2011-2012, Xpert11 FBT winner season 7

Re: Professional Bodies

Post by crispybits »

Edited a couple into the OP while you were responding

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Careers, Businesses & Hobbies”