To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

I could use your help!

A forum for general discussion on Career, Business & Hobby subjects and topics
skittlez
Treebeard

I could use your help!

Post by skittlez »

I normally post in the FPL forum, but I didn't think this was appropriate for there so I thought I would file it here.

I’m researching how people relate with their superiors and how it can influence their career satisfaction for my dissertation. I really need some more male participants (I’ve found that women are way more likely to help out!) – So if any of you guys could spare a few minutes to fill my study out I would appreciate it. (Average completion time so far has only been 3 -4 minutes)

https://qtrial2014.az1.qualtrics.com/SE ... 5QbcS4dnGl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Im happy to discuss any aspect of the study here, or if you want to email me privately sh694@kent.ac.uk

Thanks guys! :)

(If this is considered spam then please delete, my apologies)

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Re: I could use your help!

Post by Surprised »

done

I will move this to the Careers forum as it is a better place for it

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

5 minutes.

Glad to help out

eagle224
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Veteran

Post by eagle224 »

Done. Though my answers to part II would have been very different (and much better) for my previous boss who retired two years ago.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Done, so you think luck and who you know are major factors eh? :o

skittlez
Treebeard

Post by skittlez »

WilBert wrote:Done, so you think luck and who you know are major factors eh? :o
The questions are taken from previous journal articles (creating my own questionnaire would comprise an entire dissertation in itself!). Those particular questions are trying to determine how you attribute causation to the personal outcomes in your life. :)

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to do the study so far :wink:

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

done

skittlez
Treebeard

Post by skittlez »

Zimmerman wrote:done
Thanks 8-)

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Bit tricky answering questions about "your leader" we have 6 different line managers, all very different characters and with different skills (or lack thereof), some understand the job better than others, some man manage better than others, some are more interested than others.

A couple are fairly (unofficially) supportive, or possibly simply amused by the grief I've been causing higher management for a while now.

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Mini Leagues also ran :(

Post by Edmondson »

I've zipped through it as well, first section was heavy going at times, but last few were pretty quick and straightforward. As usual with these type of surveys my answers probably contradict, with a lot of answers I'd ideally start with "it depends"!

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Done with a French twist

skittlez
Treebeard

Post by skittlez »

Vid wrote:Bit tricky answering questions about "your leader" we have 6 different line managers, all very different characters and with different skills (or lack thereof), some understand the job better than others, some man manage better than others, some are more interested than others.

A couple are fairly (unofficially) supportive, or possibly simply amused by the grief I've been causing higher management for a while now.
Thanks for the feedback, that is a really good point and isn't a problem I foresaw. I will definitely discuss this with my supervisor the next time I see her.

Edmondson wrote:I've zipped through it as well, first section was heavy going at times, but last few were pretty quick and straightforward. As usual with these type of surveys my answers probably contradict, with a lot of answers I'd ideally start with "it depends"!
Thanks :) This research is quantitative, but an argument could definitely be made for a qualitative approach for this reason! Workplace relationships, like any relationship, can be very complicated and involve contingent factors which need specific explaination.

jimmy ching wrote:Done with a French twist
Merci beaucoup :D

skittlez
Treebeard

Post by skittlez »

I'm still looking for respondents, so if anyone else wants to be a hero then feel free participate! :)

https://qtrial2014.az1.qualtrics.com/SE ... 5QbcS4dnGl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dreamrecruitment
Red & Blue Braces

Post by dreamrecruitment »

Did it for you, 5mins.

Would be interesting in seeing the results if that's allowed?

skittlez
Treebeard

Post by skittlez »

dreamrecruitment wrote:Did it for you, 5mins.

Would be interesting in seeing the results if that's allowed?
If you want your individual results you will have to PM me your IP address, as your IP address is the only identifying information I have to pick your results out from the rest. If you want the results of the overall study, PM me your email address and I will email you a brief rundown after I have analysed the results :)

stuboy
Dumbledore

Post by stuboy »

Completed

skittlez
Treebeard

Post by skittlez »

stuboy wrote:Completed
Thank you!

Have a cookie. :mrgreen: