To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Royal Bank of Canada - EC4R 3BF

A forum for general discussion on Career, Business & Hobby subjects and topics
Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Royal Bank of Canada - EC4R 3BF

Post by Richt »

Anyone in FISO land work any where near this address?

Looks a massive building! Belongs to Royal Bank of Canada I believe. Any idea's how many office employees are based there? (I appreciate that this is a long shot.......)

Royal Bank of Canada
Riverbank House
2 Swan Lane
London
EC4R 3BF

I phoned to check a few things regarding their size etc. And a gent said "well we are the Royal Bank of Canada". (Not the most helpful of answers) :roll:

Knulpuk
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ultra ultra consistent (see above)

Re: Royal Bank of Canada - EC4R 3BF

Post by Knulpuk »

I work just round the corner - It's big, and there is a pub round the corner called the Oyster shack which is current leaving do pub of choice.

several hundred people is my guess, their capital markets business is defintely there.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

The London office is for Wealth management (High Net worth individuals)

1400 employees in British isles but across 5 offices.
http://www.rbcwealthmanagement.com/uk.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

Thanks gents. I've got the name of the Facilities Manager. Will be putting a call into them next week. I know Rabobank in London have 1, 000 staff at HQ. Was wondering if RBC was a similar number.

Knulpuk
Dumbledore

Post by Knulpuk »

Surprised wrote:The London office is for Wealth management (High Net worth individuals)

1400 employees in British isles but across 5 offices.
http://www.rbcwealthmanagement.com/uk.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think RBC is one of Jerseys largest employers - must be close to a 1000 people working for weath management there.

maybe someone will post something helpful soon. :P

it's a big site.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

Phone the Wealth management dept and say you are a high net worth individual (tell them you have 500k to invest) and have some questions about the size of the bank.
Ask about funds under their management, attitude to risk and no of employees at that location.

the dude abides
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Renault Clio Sport Winner 2010/11

Post by the dude abides »

Knulpuk wrote:I work just round the corner - It's big, and there is a pub round the corner called the Oyster shack which is current leaving do pub of choice.

several hundred people is my guess, their capital markets business is defintely there.
Get yourself down to a real boozer :lol: "The Lamb Tavern" in Leadenhall Market. John Wayne even had a fight in there , in his only UK film, Brannigan.
Showing my age now...
Oh Rich , i would say at least 500 or so, its a big building..

Knulpuk
Dumbledore

Post by Knulpuk »

the dude abides wrote:
Knulpuk wrote:I work just round the corner - It's big, and there is a pub round the corner called the Oyster shack which is current leaving do pub of choice.

Get yourself down to a real boozer :lol: "The Lamb Tavern" in Leadenhall Market. John Wayne even had a fight in there , in his only UK film, Brannigan.
Showing my age now...
I dont only go there :lol:

In fact our local is the Bell on Bush (fnaar) Lane just off Cannon street - now that really is a solid boozer - worse toilets in the City.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

To answer the initial question I reckon the building is occupied by a load of bankers.

(damn the profanity filter)

Takeshi Kovacs
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Takeshi Kovacs »

Knulpuk wrote:
the dude abides wrote:

Showing my age now...

In fact our local is the Bell on Bush (fnaar) Lane just off Cannon street - now that really is a solid boozer - worse toilets in the City.
Used to go there years ago as I worked just down the bottom of Bush Lane for a while. Remember the old biddy who ran the place could regularly be seen picking up her dog's poo from the pavement outside (think it might have been some kind of poodle).

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

It's called the Oyster shed not the shack i work a few yards away

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Richt wrote:Anyone in FISO land work any where near this address?

Looks a massive building! Belongs to Royal Bank of Canada I believe. Any idea's how many office employees are based there? (I appreciate that this is a long shot.......)

Royal Bank of Canada
Riverbank House
2 Swan Lane
London
EC4R 3BF

I phoned to check a few things regarding their size etc. And a gent said "well we are the Royal Bank of Canada". (Not the most helpful of answers) :roll:

RBC is like our equivalent of RBS it's huge. ( suprised someone like yourself phoned to ask this and didn't google any research).

this year they have had quite a few redundancies although not sure if that's all over in the london branch or just in certain sectors. I know as i've spoken to several people in the bars around the Thames who have fallen victim to this.

They also have 2 buildings within a short distance of each other for dealing purposes around the thames.
Last edited by sleuth on 10 Sep 2013, 08:04, edited 1 time in total.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Knulpuk wrote:
the dude abides wrote:

Showing my age now...

The Bell is a eff shithole with the most expensive price in the city for a pint with the ambiance of a soiled pair of boxers.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Richt wrote:Thanks gents. I've got the name of the Facilities Manager. Will be putting a call into them next week. I know Rabobank in London have 1, 000 staff at HQ. Was wondering if RBC was a similar number.

Rabobank's HQ is in Holland.

Alot of Rabobank's london business has also moved back to HQ in Holland.

Knulpuk
Dumbledore

Post by Knulpuk »

sleuth wrote:The Bell is a eff shithole with the most expensive price in the city for a pint with the ambiance of a soiled pair of boxers.
Sitting on the fence there Dot. :lol:

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

sleuth wrote:
Richt wrote:Thanks gents. I've got the name of the Facilities Manager. Will be putting a call into them next week. I know Rabobank in London have 1, 000 staff at HQ. Was wondering if RBC was a similar number.

Rabobank are relocating from summer of 2016 onwards taking 100,000 sq ft in Central London.

Their current uk HQ building in london's lease expires at some point in 2018

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Richt wrote:
sleuth wrote:

Rabobank are relocating from summer of 2016 onwards taking 100,000 sq ft in Central London.

Since the libor scandal Rabobanks london presence in money markets has diminished
noticably.

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

sleuth wrote:
Richt wrote:
sleuth wrote:

Since the libor scandal Rabobanks london presence in money markets has diminished
noticably.
Cheers Sleuth. Doesn't make me feel so bad on losing out on the furniture contract now :grin:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Careers, Businesses & Hobbies”