Swapping out an LED spotlight for a pendant

A forum for general discussion on Do It Yourself (DIY) subjects and topics
DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Swapping out an LED spotlight for a pendant

Post by DrBunker »

Any friendly electricians around..?

I'm trying to hang a pendant in place of an LED spotlight and I'm confused by the wiring arrangement. I'm used to the simple one live, one neutral and one earth setup but this has two of each:
IMG_3531.JPG
(not the best picture, I know)

I assume it's because it's a) on a dual switch system and b) part of a collection of LED spotlights on a ring. On the existing LED fitting as per the pic each pair of cables goes into one terminal block but this doesn't work on the new fitting.

What fundamental piece of information am I missing? :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Re: Swapping out an LED spotlight for a pendant

Post by Backlash »

It's a simple loop in loop out, I'd imagine there is another spotlight light after this fitting, you'll need to connect both lives (brown) and both neutrals (Blue) to your new fitting.
Make sure to connect to the earth too unless its a class 2 fitting-symbolised by a square in a square.

Edit: Just saw you posted this a few days ago, you must have sorted this out already!

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Re: Swapping out an LED spotlight for a pendant

Post by DrBunker »

I have... by doing what you suggested. I ended up wiring all three pairs of incoming wires into a chocbox which is now hidden in the ceiling recess. All seems to be working fine.

Thanks for the response.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “DIY”