View Latest: 1 Day | FISO Injury Search

Next President

A forum for general discussion on News & Politics issues and topics
Post Reply

Who will be the next Pres

Clinton
12
52%
Trump
11
48%
 
Total votes: 23

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
Posts: 8661
Joined: 19 Jan 2010, 01:21
Location: Los Angeles, CA
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06
Contact:

Next President

Post by The Real Slim Shady » 22 Jul 2016, 03:54

Could Trump do it?

Striker
FISO Knight
Posts: 10653
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:32

Re: Next President

Post by Striker » 22 Jul 2016, 11:42

If he does, we can only hope that the constraints which Obama moaned about and which prevented him from carrying out more than a fraction of what he wanted to do are as, or even more, constraining on his objectionable successor.

User avatar
bluenosey
Dumblenose
Posts: 12521
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:26
Location: Solihull
FS Record: Considerably poorer than yow :-(

Re: Next President

Post by bluenosey » 28 Sep 2016, 19:39

Trump is an absolute car crash. Like a door to door salesman with the patter. Rude and a liar. Hilary comes over as slimy and devious. Possibly the two worst candidates for many a year.

Only thing that comes over is Trump seems more pro-American and for the American people (well some of them) whereas Hilary seems a bit distant. As the American people are voting, he could get the nod but if - and it's a big if - the Latinos, blacks and women all decide to make the effort to vote, it will be Hilary's.

I've got a feeling Trump will drop a right clanger in one of these head to head debates.

User avatar
Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight
Posts: 28893
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:42
Location: having a picnic at the Bear Mountain

Re: Next President

Post by Zimmerman » 28 Sep 2016, 21:33

It's interesting that you describe as being more for the American people.

User avatar
murf
FISO Baron
Posts: 89672
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Location: Chasing an egg (see my WWW or FPL links)
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
Contact:

Re: Next President

Post by murf » 28 Sep 2016, 21:45

Saw a little of it last night and was mostly surprised at how little charisma and charm Clinton has, let alone a base inability to get one over an open target like Trump. She was awful and will lose. How can anybody not beat Trump?????

User avatar
Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight
Posts: 28893
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:42
Location: having a picnic at the Bear Mountain

Re: Next President

Post by Zimmerman » 28 Sep 2016, 21:48

He managed to see off 16 other candidates to become the republican representative.

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 68145
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.
Contact:

Re: Next President

Post by blahblah » 28 Sep 2016, 21:49

murf wrote:Saw a little of it last night and was mostly surprised at how little charisma and charm Clinton has, let alone a base inability to get one over an open target like Trump. She was awful and will lose. How can anybody not beat Trump?????
Some smug, self important, deluded spun idiot? Oh, with no grasp of reality.....

User avatar
forestfan
FISO Knight
Posts: 16327
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:27
Location: Los Pollos Hermanos
FS Record: Joint 6th TFF Wooden Spoon!

Re: Next President

Post by forestfan » 28 Sep 2016, 22:36

Zimmerman wrote:He managed to see off 16 other candidates to become the republican representative.
Shows how crap the others were, that "traditional" Republicans couldn't find a credible anti-Trump candidate to unite behind.

The world has been waiting over a year for the Trump bubble to burst, and it has stubbornly refused to do so... every chance he will sneak it now.

Striker
FISO Knight
Posts: 10653
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:32

Re: Next President

Post by Striker » 29 Sep 2016, 00:55

Enjoyed the quip I heard a few days ago. The election choice facing Americans is between the first American female President and the last American President.

User avatar
Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight
Posts: 28893
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:42
Location: having a picnic at the Bear Mountain

Re: Next President

Post by Zimmerman » 02 Oct 2016, 15:01

Looks like the gloves are off.

Someone anonymous passed the NY Times, Trump's tax return from 1995. A $900m loss effectively meaning he might not have paid any tax until 2014.


Donald Trump responded on Sunday morning to a New York Times report that he may not have paid federal income tax for 18 years, tweeting: “I know our complex tax laws better than anyone who has ever run for president and am the only one who can fix them.”

Donald Trump 'may have avoided paying tax for up to 18 years'
The Clinton campaign called the report about the Republican nominee’s taxes a “bombshell”, and called for him to release his full tax returns.

Trump did not engage with or deny the Times report, which was based on documents from his 1995 tax return the newspaper said were mailed to it by an anonymous source, though he did add a coda that spoke to his long-running criticism of the paper, which he has said his lawyers “want to sue”: “#failing@nytimes”.


Although I suppose this falls in to the same bracket as Cameron and co utilising offshore investments as a means of minimising/avoiding tax. Not illegal but emotive with the voters.

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 68145
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.
Contact:

Re: Next President

Post by blahblah » 02 Oct 2016, 15:10

Zimmerman wrote: Donald Trump: “I know our complex tax laws better than anyone who has ever run for president and am the only one who can fix them.”
Sounds like an admission that he doesn't pay taxes - but that is what a lot of his voters want?

User avatar
Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
Posts: 25502
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:32
Location: Home
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Re: Next President

Post by Surprised » 08 Oct 2016, 23:15

blahblah wrote:
Zimmerman wrote: Donald Trump: “I know our complex tax laws better than anyone who has ever run for president and am the only one who can fix them.”
Sounds like an admission that he doesn't pay taxes - but that is what a lot of his voters want?

His accountant says that Trump knows nothing at all about US tax law

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
Posts: 8661
Joined: 19 Jan 2010, 01:21
Location: Los Angeles, CA
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06
Contact:

Re: Next President

Post by The Real Slim Shady » 08 Nov 2016, 06:07

Election day! :twisted:

Striker
FISO Knight
Posts: 10653
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:32

Re: Next President

Post by Striker » 08 Nov 2016, 09:19

The Real Slim Shady wrote:Election day! :twisted:
As someone said on the tele the other day, America is suffering electile dysfunction.

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
Posts: 8661
Joined: 19 Jan 2010, 01:21
Location: Los Angeles, CA
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06
Contact:

Re: Next President

Post by The Real Slim Shady » 09 Nov 2016, 03:25

Calm, Trump just won Ohio, Florida next.

User avatar
forestfan
FISO Knight
Posts: 16327
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:27
Location: Los Pollos Hermanos
FS Record: Joint 6th TFF Wooden Spoon!

Re: Next President

Post by forestfan » 10 Nov 2016, 20:37

Well, this one's only just over and usually most people are breathing a sigh of relief at the conclusion of the endless campaign... but given the outcome this time around, more than half of America and much of the rest of the world are already eagerly anticipating the next one!

Early odds for 2020... some plausible candidates and some, well, I guess you can't rule anyone out now, unless they're not American or have already served two full terms! Some familiar names and some that look like they might have just been made up on the spot... expect we'll see some not even listed here who figure strongly in the process.

Donald Trump 11/10
Mike Pence 7/1
Tim Kaine 7/1
Paul Ryan 7/1
Michelle Obama 8/1
Hillary Clinton 12/1
Julian Castro 13/1
Amy Klobuchar 16/1
Marco Rubio 18/1
Joe Biden 18/1
Bernie Sanders 20/1
Kamala Harris 20/1
Cory Booker 20/1
Elizabeth Warren 22/1
Trey Gowdy 25/1
Catherine Cortez Masto 25/1
Nikki Haley 25/1
Kirsten Gillibrand 25/1
Ted Cruz 33/1
John Kasich 33/1
Jeb Bush 40/1
Martin O'Malley 50/1
Mitt Romney 50/1
Tammy Duckworth 50/1
Rand Paul 66/1
Chris Murphy 66/1
Kanye West 90/1
Chelsea Clinton 100/1
John Hickenlooper 100/1
Kevin Spacey 150/1
Gary Johnson 200/1
Vince McMahon 200/1
Jill Stein 200/1
Kim Kardashian 275/1

User avatar
Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
Posts: 13002
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:26
Location: In Norn Iron
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Re: Next President

Post by Beerfuelledman » 10 Nov 2016, 20:44

Make America Great Again, again.
RP.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
murf
FISO Baron
Posts: 89672
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Location: Chasing an egg (see my WWW or FPL links)
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: Next President

Post by murf » 10 Nov 2016, 23:03

forestfan wrote:Well, this one's only just over and usually most people are breathing a sigh of relief at the conclusion of the endless campaign... but given the outcome this time around, more than half of America and much of the rest of the world are already eagerly anticipating the next one!

Early odds for 2020... some plausible candidates and some, well, I guess you can't rule anyone out now, unless they're not American or have already served two full terms! Some familiar names and some that look like they might have just been made up on the spot... expect we'll see some not even listed here who figure strongly in the process.

Donald Trump 11/10
Mike Pence 7/1
Tim Kaine 7/1
Paul Ryan 7/1
Michelle Obama 8/1
Hillary Clinton 12/1
Julian Castro 13/1
Amy Klobuchar 16/1
Marco Rubio 18/1
Joe Biden 18/1
Bernie Sanders 20/1
Kamala Harris 20/1
Cory Booker 20/1
Elizabeth Warren 22/1
Trey Gowdy 25/1
Catherine Cortez Masto 25/1
Nikki Haley 25/1
Kirsten Gillibrand 25/1
Ted Cruz 33/1
John Kasich 33/1
Jeb Bush 40/1
Martin O'Malley 50/1
Mitt Romney 50/1
Tammy Duckworth 50/1
Rand Paul 66/1
Chris Murphy 66/1
Kanye West 90/1
Chelsea Clinton 100/1
John Hickenlooper 100/1
Kevin Spacey 150/1
Gary Johnson 200/1
Vince McMahon 200/1
Jill Stein 200/1
Kim Kardashian 275/1
It was foreseen 16 years ago that Trump would be president and they also said who would follow him. She is not in the odds listed so I may have to give Ladbrokes a call.

User avatar
Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
Posts: 25502
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:32
Location: Home
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Re: RE: Re: Next President

Post by Surprised » 10 Nov 2016, 23:11

murf wrote: It was foreseen 16 years ago that Trump would be president and they also said who would follow him. She is not in the odds listed so I may have to give Ladbrokes a call.
If Americans can be conned into voting Trump I'm sure they can be conned into voting for a cartoon character.

User avatar
jimmy ching
Dumbledore
Posts: 7669
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28

Re: Next President

Post by jimmy ching » 14 May 2017, 10:33

Lindsey Graham isn't listed in the odds. Expect him to appear in the near future.

Pouzar99
FISOhead
Posts: 648
Joined: 12 Nov 2012, 09:06

Re: Next President

Post by Pouzar99 » 17 Jun 2017, 06:09

Put your money on Pence, as he will automatically become president if Trump resigns or is impeached before 2020, which is very possible.

User avatar
forestfan
FISO Knight
Posts: 16327
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:27
Location: Los Pollos Hermanos
FS Record: Joint 6th TFF Wooden Spoon!

Re: Next President

Post by forestfan » 17 Jun 2017, 09:45

Pouzar99 wrote:Put your money on Pence, as he will automatically become president if Trump resigns or is impeached before 2020, which is very possible.
Unless he's brought down with him, which is also very possible.

The obscure names in the official line of succession may be worth a punt, unless there is anything that can trigger an early election?

User avatar
Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
Posts: 25502
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:32
Location: Home
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Re: Next President

Post by Surprised » 17 Jun 2017, 09:59

Trump held a very bizarre Cabinet meeting the other day where he forced all the cabinet members to individually praise him and Trump declared that no other President had ever achieved what he has achieved as President

User avatar
murf
FISO Baron
Posts: 89672
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Location: Chasing an egg (see my WWW or FPL links)
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
Contact:

Re: Next President

Post by murf » 17 Jun 2017, 10:47

Surprised wrote: no other President had ever achieved what he has achieved as President

...and for that the world is very thankful!

AMc
Grumpy Old Iggy
Posts: 1582
Joined: 26 Sep 2008, 18:01

Re: Next President

Post by AMc » 12 Jul 2017, 06:44

.
Last edited by AMc on 03 Mar 2018, 15:42, edited 1 time in total.

Pouzar99
FISOhead
Posts: 648
Joined: 12 Nov 2012, 09:06

Re: Next President

Post by Pouzar99 » 12 Jul 2017, 09:03

Pence would be a terrible president as he one of those religious nutbars who wants to force everyone else to live what he consider a Christian life. Or else. There is no real reason, however, to think he would also be impeached if Trump is, which is possible, especially after Monday's bombshell. No one thinks Pence has anything to do with the Russia collusion scandal, which would be the reason for impeachment if there was one. The revelation that Trump Jr. (the family's Fredo Corleone) plus senior adviser Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort, the then campaign director, met with a Russian government lawyer 13 months ago who was supposed to give them dirt on Hillary Clinton because the Russians wanted Trump to win (all documented in e-mails) is a game-changer. Trump Junior's "If it's what you say I love it" e-mail will live in infamy. His initial lie to the NYT that the meeting was about adoption policy quickly blew up in his face when it turned out that the NYT knew more than he thought. He kept lying and minimizing for another day before the Times told him Monday that they had copies of all the tawdry e-mails setting up the meet and would pusblish them in a few hours. Junior freaked out and realeased the e-mails before the NYT could get them on their website, not that it helped, as the bomb opened a crater under the Trump presidency. Kushner may lose his security clearance as this is the second time he has had to claim that he forget about a meeting with Russian officals and he could even he charged with perjury because no one believes he just forgot to mention it on the form he filled out to get that security clearance. Lots of interesting political crazyness on both sides of the Atlantic.

User avatar
murf
FISO Baron
Posts: 89672
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Location: Chasing an egg (see my WWW or FPL links)
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
Contact:

Re: Next President

Post by murf » 12 Jul 2017, 10:06

Having the meeting to get dirt on Hilary makes political sense. Dirty but expected and surely done by all.

Lying about it in the other hand....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts
Post Reply

Return to “News & Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], GrapeshotCrawler, raoul and 6 guests