To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Possible multis - TIME FOR ACTION

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Times newspaper
keithy007
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: A few national wins and some other podiums.

Possible multis - TIME FOR ACTION

Post by keithy007 »

There has been a lot of talk about certain possible multi entries into this years competition and a feeling that some have broken the rules (one has been mentioned in particular). You can view some of the latest at the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=51766&p=1083929#p1083929" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now I have no axe to grind with multis who play within the rules in other games.
But anyway, regardless of who might be breaking the rules in this case, I think it needs GFM to look into this and to uphold the rules that THEY made, otherwise the whole competition is going to be a farce and the Times will have to let, what I feel is a good game, go down the pan.

So I think its only fair to everyone, that if you feel that those people that might have done it (multi entry) are wrong and you feel that the organisers need to keep the rules going for the majority that entered fairly and in good faith, that we lodge our complaints to them via the Times game site. Lets face it, if one of the possible multis does win it at the end of the season and we dont like it, or we've missed out on a prize etc and we've not said anything, we can't really complain can we?!

So to be fair to all entrants (and I mean everyone), if you think its wrong please make a complaint. I have, others have and it needs proper action if the organisers are going to take notice by looking into it and being fair to all the entrants who entered in good faith

anon6
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: Small Profit

Re: Possible multis - TIME FOR ACTION

Post by anon6 »

How many teams do you have keithy007 :?:

keithy007
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: A few national wins and some other podiums.

Post by keithy007 »

1086 wrote:How many teams do you have keithy007 :?:
5 teams 1086 - didn't do the full 10 (which is what the rules state you can have) as I was a bit worried about how the game might go. Reason being i played the last Times game two years ago when Shaun Goldsmith dominated the board. They changed the way the game was played in October and many people pulled out. I stuck with it and got third prize, but the new rules meant it was a very time intensive game for the rest of the season. That was why there was no Times FF (apart from 'the game' which is not really true FF) last year and this is their new attempt.
Forest 1 is at today in 178 place
Forest 2 - 821
Forest 3 - 97
Forest 4 - 227
Forest 5 - 1761
Two or three doing ok & each is in a FISO mini league. Forest 1 in Taunton Times, Forest 3 in Fiso and Forest 4 in Fiso part deux
Also have one in FPL and you know how I'm doing there (thanks for your congrats BTW), one in CYKI currently 35th, 4 in YTM with one in TSO's challenge mini league, best is around 1700th, four in TFF and these are to play TSO mini league comps or TFF 25's comp. Also 4 in Star (first time and hovering at 1000 :( ), one in Mail which I won period 3 of last year and one in Virgin game! As you can see I have a go but don't have the time at the moment for more than that. Not really paid much attention to the last three mentioned as they are not in mini leagues or anything.
There you are a full insight to my FF season so far and I'm enjoying it although so far not as good as last year!
Cheers keith

By the way, now I've answered that, can we get back to what I set this up for!

idea
Treebeard

Post by idea »

The best approach in this situation is to aim higher up the Times organization. Three times now I have had problems with organizations fulfilling prizes/sticking to rules. Talking to the game providers was like this, a waste of time; it was not until I started sending recorded snail mail to managing directors that things started moving. The best example being Heineken when eventually the UK manager ended up phoning me up and then it got sorted

Clearly GFM are going to do nothing, but recorded complaints to Times management will be noticed

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Times Newspaper FF Games”