To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Mini League table.....

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Times newspaper
TOPCAT
Wideboy

The Mini League table.....

Post by TOPCAT »

.......has a new look about it this morning! :evil:

Conqueror Worm
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Virgin Media 2009 winner - 3rd place Ladbrokes Euro 2008 - 5th Ladbrokes 2009 2nd Metro 2009

Re: The Mini League table.....

Post by Conqueror Worm »

Care to elaborate? :shock:

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

1 TAUNTON TIMES Mr Hunt 822.80
2 ZAGY Mr Ostojic 800.80
3 FISO Mr Edwards 786.20
4 ZD Mrs Crnov Furlan 767.60
5 FISO PART DEUX Mr Closs 743.40
6 LORD Mr Maroni 738.60
7 HARTMANS HEROES Mr Hartmans 724.80
8 SLO Mrs Knezevic 720.60
9 PORKIES PREMIERSHIP Mr Riley 710.00
10 AMSTERDAM AMSTROS Mr Geertsma 709.80
11 BUSTY BABES Mr Baer 705.00
12 VSSCO LEAGUE Mr Houston 693.40
13 ZYLSTRA ZOCCER Mr Zijlstra 689.40
14 DE Mr Hartmans 688.00
15 DADS ARMY Mr Geertsma 687.80
16 VIP2-CUP Mr Reke 678.00
17 EQUITY SWANSEA Mr Smith 676.00
18 VIP-CUP Mr Hauge 674.00
18 FORZA FRIESLAND Mr de Vries 674.00
20 BISCUITS UNITED Mr MacDonald 673.00

A couple of new leagues are in

keithy007
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: A few national wins and some other podiums.

Post by keithy007 »

Yes the table does look a bit different! Sad :( but not surprised to see it :evil:
I think a certain member of this forum does not have the integrity that they have talked about in the past - which is a great shame :!: And as we've said before, its also a shame that the Times is doing nothing about it so far, which means integrity and credability are reaching relegation point.
A good game being spoilt and I can already see what the table will look like next season if this isn't addressed. But if that does happen they'll be no third season, and you'd have thought of all the game providers, the Times would have learnt its lesson. They've tried with the rules, but thats no good if they're being ignored or people are riding roughshod over them!

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

We really should all write to the Times to get him kicked out.

Its an absolute farce.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

i think you are being a bit unfair to zoran, gfm are the culprits. they know what is going on, i even asked them if i would be disqualified if i entered a team in my other halfs name and they refused to answer.

it seems to me the rule for gfm games is you can enter as many teams as allowed under separate id's. i have tried to get gfm to clarify their rules but they refuse to do so.

as far as i am concerned zoran has guessed the rules right if he is doing as people suspect and we have guessed them wrong.

the fault lies fairly and squarely at the door of gfm as they have made the same error across other comps they run and appear (disappointingly) consistently to be approving backdoor multi entries.

if anyone can get an honest answer from gfm as to what their rule means limiting entries and how they interpret them they will be doing much better than me, because believe me i have tried and tried again asking blunt questions but they refuse to be drawn, thus letting all the people down who play their competitions with limited entry rules :evil:

if gfm don't know what their own rules mean, how in the hell is zoran meant to know or the privelege's or anyone else............ ?

andy

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

oldbigead wrote:We really should all write to the Times to get him kicked out.

Its an absolute farce.
the times won't care, they are IMHO the biggest clowns ever to be involved in fantasy football (and that includes the americans :shock: )

if you want to complain about gfm's tactics the metro will probably listen but not the times.

agreed though gfm have made a complete farce out of their games

and they were warned and should be fully aware of the consequences of their ineptitude.

they must also be aware if the results go the wrong way for them they are inviting legal action

andy

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

The blame lies right at the door of both GFM and Zoran.

Its their fault for not enforcing the rules, but its also quite clear what the rules are.

Just because theyre not enforcing them properly doesnt mean that hes not breaking them.

He is.

And everyone knows he is.

keithy007
Grumpy Old Man

Post by keithy007 »

Andy, they're both wrong IMO! This would not have come up if Zoran hadn't done it and wouldn't be a problem if the Times/GFM enforced their rules. It is not fair that the minority (and thats usually the case) are breaking the law/rules to the detriment of fair minded people.

Oldbidead, I have written to them and put in a formal complaint on behalf of all those who have complained on FISO and I have directed them to the main two links about it on FISO (under Times and YTM links). I'll keep you posted (if there is anything to post) on here. If anyone else wants to contact them about this (and I think as many should as possible) the ticket number reference is 635.

Been enough talk :arrow: time for action

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

oldbigead we will have to agree to differ on that one.

as i say the hapless gfm refused to answer me when i asked them if i would be disqualified for entering a team in my other halfs name, which i did not do as it so happens.

i think gfm are doing an ostrich, by refusing to look at disqualifying and burying their heads in the sand.

i used to tell clients back in my accounting days that the result of this sort of action is that even a government body (inland revenue) will eventually see their @rse and kick it :lol:

if results go in such a way that people agree with your view and the prizemoney is effected i would expect legal action to ensue.

something gfm could have averted if not doing the ostrich thing and pretending their isn't a problem.

keith it's unfair to single zoran out as plenty of people appear to have done this on gfm games.

the fault is gfm's they are effectively the referee and refuse to tell us what the rule is or how they interpret it.

it's a shame a few more people didn't speak up with gfm earlier as it was obvious to me the consequences of their inaction.

this whole episode has completely ruined my enjoyment of their games i might add :x

andy

keithy007
Grumpy Old Man

Post by keithy007 »

12345678 wrote:oldbigead we will have to agree to differ on that one.

as i say the hapless gfm refused to answer me when i asked them if i would be disqualified for entering a team in my other halfs name, which i did not do as it so happens.

i think gfm are doing an ostrich, by refusing to look at disqualifying and burying their heads in the sand.

i used to tell clients back in my accounting days that the result of this sort of action is that even a government body (inland revenue) will eventually see their @rse and kick it :lol:

if results go in such a way that people agree with your view and the prizemoney is effected i would expect legal action to ensue.

something gfm could have averted if not doing the ostrich thing and pretending their isn't a problem.

keith it's unfair to single zoran out as plenty of people appear to have done this on gfm games.

the fault is gfm's they are effectively the referee and refuse to tell us what the rule is or how they interpret it.

it's a shame a few more people didn't speak up with gfm earlier as it was obvious to me the consequences of their inaction.

andy
Andy, we'll have to agree to differ too - IMO its both their faults, but it can be rectified!

But I don't see any more point in us all moaning about it now - its time for some action and hence my correspondence to the Times/GFM, which of course might be a prelude to further action, I agree, if nothing is done.

The ticket is 635 if others want to follow up my complaint.

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sorbiegunner »

How can you tell who is in what mini league?

SoccerCaffe
Treebeard

Post by SoccerCaffe »

This is email I received from Times after I made a registration in August:

"Dear Mr Furlan

Thanks for registering to play Times Fantasy Football 2008/9. Your team selection in the main game is below and it could win you £50,000 at the end of the season if you top the Main Game league.

To make the season more interesting, why not play against your family, friends or colleagues by inviting them to join your own private Mini League? You'll still take part in the Main League, but will also have the chance to demonstrate your Fantasy Football management skills against the people who really need to know! The best performing Mini League will win a massive £15,000. If you set the league up you will also be entered into the Chairmen's League where you could pick up an extra £5,000 for finishing top. And if you haven't done so already, be sure to make your FREE entry into our weekend Premier Play game. You could win £500 every weekend!..."

Basically, Times FF game I use to see how my friends and some family members are good in this type of FF game and where is a space for improving their game, on individual basics. Honestly, I can't remember that I red any article about forbidden teach other persons about FF!

I know it's a hard to understand that I share my fantasy football knowledge and ideas to others (I don't care what anybody thinks about it), but I have my own reasons to do this (sorry, but I will not explain my reasons here) and, as I said before here on FISO forum, I'm so proud because it seems to me that I'm on a good way :)

Anyway, this post is not for asking anybody here to do or not to do some actions against me. Feel free to do it. Spend your time to do it if you wish. No problem for me at all. And no hard feelings, too.

Good luck to all FISO members!

Zoran

keithy007
Grumpy Old Man

Post by keithy007 »

SoccerCaffe wrote:This is email I received from Times after I made a registration in August:

"Dear Mr Furlan

Thanks for registering to play Times Fantasy Football 2008/9. Your team selection in the main game is below and it could win you £50,000 at the end of the season if you top the Main Game league.

To make the season more interesting, why not play against your family, friends or colleagues by inviting them to join your own private Mini League? You'll still take part in the Main League, but will also have the chance to demonstrate your Fantasy Football management skills against the people who really need to know! The best performing Mini League will win a massive £15,000. If you set the league up you will also be entered into the Chairmen's League where you could pick up an extra £5,000 for finishing top. And if you haven't done so already, be sure to make your FREE entry into our weekend Premier Play game. You could win £500 every weekend!..."

Basically, Times FF game I use to see how my friends and some family members are good in this type of FF game and where is a space for improving their game, on individual basics. Honestly, I can't remember that I red any article about forbidden teach other persons about FF!

I know it's a hard to understand that I share my fantasy football knowledge and ideas to others (I don't care what anybody thinks about it), but I have my own reasons to do this (sorry, but I will not explain my reasons here) and, as I said before here on FISO forum, I'm so proud because it seems to me that I'm on a good way :)

Anyway, this post is not for asking anybody here to do or not to do some actions against me. Feel free to do it. Spend your time to do it if you wish. No problem for me at all. And no hard feelings, too.

Zoran
Hi Zoran
Liked the post :roll: , I got that message too when I signed up.
However, my opinions have not changed and I certainly would not be teaching my competitors how to beat me in a league! Its a competition after all. :roll:
No hard feelings from me either though (theres lots more important issues in the world than how you choose to play FF), but sorry I can't wish you luck this time around or in the future.
I do however hope your family are well now (no FF pun intended either), but I am sorry you do not care what others think, because I do! Words are easy, but clearly integrity is not as easy - And don't worry (we know you wont) about giving your reasons for supposedly sharing your FF 'knowledge', as those reasons are very clear already!
Keith
Last edited by keithy007 on 31 Oct 2008, 09:45, edited 2 times in total.

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

SoccerCaffe wrote:This is email I received from Times after I made a registration in August:

"Dear Mr Furlan

Zoran
Words fail me.

Although i do take offence when you insult my intelligence.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

i think everyone has their own views on what is going on.

gfm are the arbiters and appear to have decided you can enter 10 teams in as many id's as you like and no doubt if that remains their stance we will all be teaching our family and friends how to play next year :(

it's up to gfm what happens next year, assuming people still want them to run games and people still want to play them after their crass stupidity this year.

andy

billwilliams
Treebeard

Post by billwilliams »

First off Zoran seems pleasant enough. I have no personal dislike of the fella

but,

If I go out and kill someone, and nobody bothers to arrest me does it mean iv'e done nothing wrong?

Simple as that :wink:

keithy007
Grumpy Old Man

Post by keithy007 »

billwilliams wrote:First off Zoran seems pleasant enough. I have no personal dislike of the fella

but,

If I go out and kill someone, and nobody bothers to arrest me does it mean iv'e done nothing wrong?

Simple as that :wink:
I think that sums it up perfectly Bill and I'd endorse everything you say here.

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

My ticket number is 639 Keithy, which suggests that there has hardly been a flood of protests. Anyone who finishes second to Zoran and leaves it to the discretion of GFM to put things right will probably wish they had said something earlier.

I notice that Striker has been posting lately. Now if HE gets angry, we might get somewhere. :wink:

mephisto
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The end is where we start from

Post by mephisto »

methinks fake pigin inglish starts to wearing litle thin. As the grate man once sed
"you can fool sum of the peoples sum of the thyme but not all the peoples aal of the thyme"
I now I have backing of power FISO members but who care wat peoplings thinkings?
Snot a crime if organizers dont give figgums and I run tight ships in FFskool four famlies, frends and any other f words.
Good ways to all that wake with hard feelings

soggy coffee

keithy007
Grumpy Old Man

Re: The Mini League table.....TIME FOR ACTION TO GFM

Post by keithy007 »

My ticket number is 639 Keithy, which suggests that there has hardly been a flood of protests. Anyone who finishes second to Zoran and leaves it to the discretion of GFM to put things right will probably wish they had said something earlier.

I notice that Striker has been posting lately. Now if HE gets angry, we might get somewhere.

Well done 7lb. Been a lot of words about this now and if people feel so strongly it needs action.
So anyone that thinks its wrong, please contact the organisers. I can't see how people can complain at the end of the season if they dont highlight it now!

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

would have been more impressive if it was in croatian randall :wink:

i too doubt that all of zoran's friends are this good at fantasy footy without rather more than a little advice :wink:

but at the end of the day it's up to gfm, it's hardly murder, or grand larceny but gfm should make it clear once and for all what their rules are and how they will enforce/monitor them.

now we are left in the position of not knowing with any certainty if we finish 2nd to one of the multi entries friends and familes if we would have a leg to stand on if we demanded payment for winning and zoran or anyone alse in other limited entry comps has no idea if they will be disqualified at the end of the season for putting in a multi entry.

all i want is fairness and an even playing field but gfm want to have their cake and eat it and to leave players completely in the dark as to what the rules are of the competitions we are playing - particularly minileagues, and i do find that particularly distasteful, especially when an entry fee has been paid :x .

so anyone who has risked a multi entry also has the uncertainty of potential disqualification :roll:

at least we know gfm are aware they may end up with legal action on their hands, but why encourage it through their own crassness in the first place :?

andy

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

i'm guessing that the uncommunicative gfm put the rule in crassly in the first instance to try to reduce the domination of the leaderboards by 1 or 2 people, if that was their intent their own limped wristedness has not only alienated fantasy players but actually led to what they were trying to avoid :roll:

they have got no more than they deserve now and IMHO have brought fantasy games into disrepute :x

andy

mephisto
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The end is where we start from

Post by mephisto »

hoodwinked; a definition. deceive, to take in by deceptive means.

2 seconds would do the job...its really not tricky
mozete ludak neki dana vrijeme ali ne svi pucki svi dana vrijeme

you can kick the gfm ball till the leather falls off if you wish..there are 2 strands to this thread. Im interested in the human string.

dingram041
Dumbledore
FS Record: I've won a lot but proud to have been 7 balled my friend Milan Gajic. RIP xx

Post by dingram041 »

Totally, totally agree Randal.

What I'd like to know and I hope it's not the answer that I think it is, that is in position 4 in the mini leagues is Mrs Crnov Furlan. I'm really hoping that this is not Zoran's wife.

If it is then I believe moralistic issues have been stretched to the limit on this one and what is being stated is somewhat stomach wrenching.

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

I'm more worried about his league thats also in second place.

keithy007
Grumpy Old Man

Post by keithy007 »

oldbigead wrote:I'm more worried about his league thats also in second place.
I'm worried about em both given I'm in the other two in first and third with two of my five teams
:? :roll:

t.gridley
Grumpy Old Man

Post by t.gridley »

Are we supposed to believe that Zoran (despite not having the time to enter many sides himself) has called everybody around along with the wife, and turned them in to FF gurus.
If I started a FF school in my house and invited the wife, my next major event in my life would be in the local hospital or divorce court, probably in that order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JHT
Red & Blue Braces

Post by JHT »

t.gridley wrote: If I started a FF school in my house and invited the wife, my next major event in my life would be in the local hospital or divorce court, probably in that order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's the funniest thing I've read on here for a while - Priceless :lol: :lol: :lol:

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

a few posts of "when we finish 2nd" and all that .... where's your self belief guys? :lol: .... or is the Zoran fella that good?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Times Newspaper FF Games”