To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

10 team limit

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Times newspaper
t.gridley
Grumpy Old Man

Re: 10 team limit

Post by t.gridley »

SoccerCaffe wrote:Yes, I'm not a human, I'm alien who can manage thousands of teams without sleeping, 24 hours on day I play FF, I have crystal ball and I know the future, I know who will scored and who will keep clean sheet! I don't need thousands of teams, I can win all the games play with only one, but I enetered it just about make you nervous, because I'm really bad guy :evil: :evil: :evil:

Now seriously: oldbgead, I can't stop you or anybody else to write lies here about me. But I have to answer from time to time because this posts reading a lots of people and without any words from me almost everybody will think that I'm some kind of fantasy gangster and swindler.

My statement:

I play Times FF 0809 with my 10 teams and I manage only my 10 teams.
I play Times FF 100% according the rules and terms and conditions.
I don't manage any other Times FF team.
Am I give advice to anybody else, or am I take advice from someone else about FF is my business only.

Good luck to all of FISO'ers and especially good luck to my friends :)

Zoran

Did not enter the Times game this year, after the farce two years ago when they changed the rules half way through the game, so for me it is not important, however, I have just found an old wallet that I had in my single years and it contained a card that read:

My Card Sir

I am somewhat of a bulls**tter myself,
But occasionally I like to listen to a PROFFESSIONAL

PLEASE CARRY ON.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

the rule is crass and irresponsible really, zoran has explained and i believe him that he gives advice which i suspect is extremely detailed and also suspect the wives and daughter's don't get too involved zoran?

this is the problem with the rule. effectively to where is the line drawn? for instance plenty of advice is given on fiso.

my own personal opinion is gfm meant only 10 teams to be strongly influenced by each person, but they never made it clear and it is very difficult to police.

as i say i am only guessing as gfm have steadfastedly refused to explain what their rule means. i just hope no one feels 'cheated' at the end.

i've met zoran and know he is a decent hardworking guy, i think everyone understands there IS some involvement from others other than zoran in the croatian teams even though to be so skillfully managed they clearly have his mark on it :wink:

the problem is of gfm's making and i sincerely hope this doesn't end in a court case, although from the disgraceful way they have handled things they only have themselves to blame if it does.

andy

ps if things stay as they are i will certainly be advising my relations and friends next year, i am preparing the course now :wink:

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

Well quite frankly i don't believe you Zoran. Quite how anyone would believe that i really don't know.

Its pretty obvious you're just coming on here to try and backtrack and cover yourself.

I think its highly unlikely that your wife sits there and makes any decisions or any of the transfers especially the last minute ones. The fact shes never played before yet is still way up on the leaderboard is way beyond belief. There are many very good fantasy football managers who've not done as well as your wife or your many "friends" and their wives and daughters as well. The fact they're all in the top 100 proves that you're just making all the decisions yourself.

As a man who knows combotronics and is probably pretty good with maths and stats the odds that all your friends "managing" their own teams would all be in the top 100 is pretty long. Ridiculously long odds infact. So long as to be impossible.

And i think you're missing the point a bit talking about next season Andy. Its not fair that its happening this season and will ruin the game for a lot of people who've put time and effort into the game this year....and HAVE played by the rules.

PS it's nothing personal by the way Zoran and i hope you don't think it is. As i've stated before i've stuck up for you in the past on the YTM forum. I just can't accept what you've done with this game this year. I don't mind losing fair and square and don't mind you winning fair and square. But you're winning prizes on false pretenses this year.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

i'm in the same boat as everyone else oldbigead and promise you i am not happy with the situation at all, but see the fault fairly and squarely with gfm who have the power to do as they see fit, but are moving themselves ever nearer to legal action, which seems crass to me.

andy

zumba

Post by zumba »

free ff for prizes is always going to have these problems, no.

does it not make more sense to have a nominal fee for each team so the guy running a 100 teams is paying 100 entry fees and have no limit on entries per person?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Times Newspaper FF Games”