To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FISO Harriers - join FISO's running club

A forum for general discussion on Health and Fitness issues and topics such as well-being
admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

FISO Harriers - join FISO's running club

Post by admin »

Anyone wishing to join the FISO Harriers, please apply to join their Usergroup after clicking on this link:

memberlist.php?mode=group&g=15801" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

After acceptance by X-Man, this will then give you access to a restricted forum for the FISO Harriers running club at:

http://fiso.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=71" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FISO Harriers was formed in 2007 after the participation of 6 FISO members in the Edinburgh marathon in May 2007. Over £3,000 was raised by them for charity and the results of the marathon were:

2196th X-Man 4:19:11
3095th jeffersdn 5:01:55
xxxxth Bunners 5:10:19
3410th Canary Yellow 5:42:43
3476th cherylhoney 5:57:47
3522nd thelip 6:23:22

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

Application in - hoping to run the Jersey Marathon in September

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

I would apply - but the only reason would be to see the photo's ........not really in the spirit of things is it? :?

Krispy
Grumpy Bald Man

Post by Krispy »

Application in 8-)

Marathon a possibility further down the line ... although concentrating on shorter distances for the time being.

British 10k - 2nd July
No timing chips but aiming for an hour

Great South Run - 10 miles - 28th October
Goal - 1h30. Ambitious, but something to aim for

Slightly different objectives to other FISOers as i'm actually looking to be heavier come race day :shock: Training with rugby season in mind, alternating between heavy resistance work in gym (basic compound lifts) and endurance sessions. Ideal is bigger, fitter, faster, stronger ... and hopefully learn to enjoy running along the way :roll: . Its hard work at the moment following a bit of a lay off. Probably the biggest challenge is developing the mental fortitude for endurance - one advantage for more mature runners.

Fingers crossed commiting intentions online will keep me motivated

R_U_Sure
Grumpy Old Man

Post by R_U_Sure »

My mom completed the Stockholm Marathon (last week) in 4 h ~45 mins and she is almost 60! :shock:

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

All applications approved...

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

krispdafunk wrote:Application in 8-)

Marathon a possibility further down the line ... although concentrating on shorter distances for the time being.

British 10k - 2nd July

Only comment at this stage is that the 10K time and the 10 miles time don't really correspond to each other. 10K in less than an hour is likely to be 10 minute miling. 1h30 for 10 miles is about 9 minute miling...that's a hell of a lot of improvement in four months.

More realistically you could aim for 1h40 which corresponds to the 10 minute miling you've done over the 10K but takes into account that it's nearly double the distance...

Bunners
Dumbledore

Post by Bunners »

krispdafunk wrote:Application in 8-)

British 10k - 2nd July

Slightly different objectives to other FISOers as i'm actually looking to be heavier come race day :shock: Training with rugby season in mind, alternating between heavy resistance work in gym (basic compound lifts) and endurance sessions. Ideal is bigger, fitter, faster, stronger ... and hopefully learn to enjoy running along the way :roll: . Its hard work at the moment following a bit of a lay off. Probably the biggest challenge is developing the mental fortitude for endurance - one advantage for more mature runners.

Fingers crossed commiting intentions online will keep me motivated
I will be at the gsr if you fancy a beer or 7 afterwards :wink:

Krispy
Grumpy Bald Man

Post by Krispy »

X-Man wrote:Only comment at this stage is that the 10K time and the 10 miles time don't really correspond to each other. 10K in less than an hour is likely to be 10 minute miling. 1h30 for 10 miles is about 9 minute miling...that's a hell of a lot of improvement in four months.

More realistically you could aim for 1h40 which corresponds to the 10 minute miling you've done over the 10K but takes into account that it's nearly double the distance...
Hi X-Man - Cheers for your comments :D

At this stage its just something to aim for. Ultimate objective is sub 4hr Marathon so 9min mile is consistent with that. If I'm honest with myself, not really put enough training in for this 10k. My only other "race" was the same event last year. Ran with my sister but we weren't clock watching - all I know is that it took a good 15-20mins to get anywhere near the start line. Its scenic (as far as landmarks go) and fairly flat so just planning on enjoying it. Whatever time I come in at is my starting position for future training, over an hour and I'll need to be more realistic, approaching 55mins and its more a question of increasing distance.

unc.si
Grumpy Old Man

Re: FISO Harriers - join FISO's running club

Post by unc.si »

Just seen Canary Yellow running in the Robin Hood Half. Saw a lot of 'Fetch' shirts out running - what's that all about CY?

Rob
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: WC2010 FISODAS Champion!!

Post by Rob »

arsene doesn't know
Grumpy Old Man

Post by arsene doesn't know »

Is this still up and running (non-intentional pun!) - if so can I apply to join please?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Health & fitness incl. well-being”