To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Rake/Trail/Handling?

A forum for general discussion on Health and Fitness issues and topics such as well-being
john89
Kevin and Perry

Rake/Trail/Handling?

Post by john89 »

I have a bike geometry question and am wanting some opinions.

I have a Time RXRS and ZXRS that both have a 71.5 deg. head tube angle with a 43mm fork rake and 68mm trail. I also have a Specialized Allez that has a 73 deg. head tube angle with a 45mm fork rake and 57mm trail.

The Time dives into corners like nothing I've ever experienced but everything I read on trail makes me think the bike shouldn't handle as well as it does. The Specialized handles ok but I want it more aggressive like the Time. I was contemplating getting a 43mm fork rake instead for the Specialized. It would only give me about 2mm more of trail moving it to 59mm instead. It's still not as extreme as the Time but is 2mm noticeable enough to make the switch? I don't care about toe overlap since my frames are Small anyway. :)

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Re: Rake/Trail/Handling?

Post by unc.si. »

So 3 months ago you were looking for a sub £200 bike to ride to work as you were a newbie to cycling, now you've got £10k+ worth of bikes and asking questions that less than 1% of cyclists would care about or would make any difference to,

i don't think you need answers on a fantasy sports forum. Professional psychiatric help might be more appropriate.

for reference this is what you asked in March:

Hi all,

I'm a newbie when it comes to bikes so I'm after a bit of advice on what to look for in a bike. I'm looking to buy a new bike in the £200 GBP (ish); range, but the chose is frankly mind numbing. I will be using the bike every day, mainly to get to work and back home so it will have to be fairly rugged (and as light as possible, within my budget, to help cope with the very hilly terrain around the area that I live).

I was thinking either a mountain bike or a hybrid bike. I was told by a friend that disk breaks are not really that good and can be expensive to replace, he advised me to stick to normal V-type brakes?

I don't want a full suspension bike as I already got one and don't like it. Any advise that anyone can give me on this matter will be gratefully received.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

john89
Kevin and Perry

Post by john89 »

Thanks unc.si. For your reply. But I have posted that question for one my friend. I posted this question because I thought this is the right place to get the answer.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

john89 wrote:Thanks unc.si. For your reply. But I have posted that question for one my friend. I posted this question because I thought this is the right place to get the answer.
and in March you answered your own question:
john89 wrote:I think under £150 bikes are not wise choice. I would better go up over 400 to buy a dynamic bycycle or it's better to buy used one to get settled with the budget.
and also said the below when you first introduced yourself:
john89 wrote:Hello everyone,
IJust wanted to introduce myself to everyone here at the forum.Wishing everyone a Happy new in 2016.I lived in norfolk in USA.My interest are road biking.
Best regards
Stephen Yost

Rachel83

Post by Rachel83 »

Valuable information. Thank you for sharing.

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

And the prize for the most surreal thread on FISO goes to.......

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

unc.si. wrote:And the prize for the most surreal thread on FISO goes to.......
Valuable information. Thank you for sharing.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

unc.si. wrote: 16 May 2019, 14:47 And the prize for the most surreal thread on FISO goes to.......
Tbh I did think it was cottaging related :|

8-)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Health & fitness incl. well-being”