To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Plank

A forum for general discussion on Health and Fitness issues and topics such as well-being
MHiggi
FISOhead

Plank

Post by MHiggi »

I like the threads on here that create a sense of competition, e.g. the 500m row and Parkrun 5km. I've just started getting back into exercise and found myself planking, so I wondered how long Fiso members could hold a plank position.

In the past, I think I reached 3 minutes once, but that was when I was doing a "plank-off" against someone; normally 2 minutes is a struggle!

crispybits
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISO Apprentice Champion 2011-2012, Xpert11 FBT winner season 7

Re: Plank

Post by crispybits »

After about 1 minute I'm convulsing like I'm having some sort of fit because my core muscles are rebelling against the torture - think the most I ever managed was about 1:10.

flyingkillercob
Dumbledore
FS Record: murf’s African Nations Cup 2012 Winner. FISO Goals 15/16 & 17/18 Winner.

Post by flyingkillercob »

Haven't done planks for a few years now. Just knocked out 2 mins although it was pretty bad after the first 20 secs :?

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

I've heard of these plank things. Is it anything like a static press-up? :?

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Spinynorman wrote:I've heard of these plank things. Is it anything like a static press-up? :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

I'm up to 4 mins now on a normal plank, but only 2 mins each side for a side plank. I find side planks actually hurt my arms more than my stomach, feels like my blood vessles in my arms will burst! :/

I don't like gyms, so I combine the above 8 mins worth of planks with 2 sets of 50 push ups, and a 6km / 45min treadmill run on a 5% incline. I do that lot 3 times a week, and hope it keeps me adequately fit! (I'm a slight to medium build 41 year old weighing 66kg (target 64kg)) if that makes any difference. :)

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Only managed about 5s before bottling it.....

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

scarletjim wrote:I'm up to 4 mins now on a normal plank, but only 2 mins each side for a side plank. I find side planks actually hurt my arms more than my stomach, feels like my blood vessles in my arms will burst! :/
I struggle more with the side planks too - I don't think I've done 2 mins yet. I followed this video and almost got to the end (it's a 60s plank, 15s rest, then 90s plank, 15s rest, 120s, rest, 90s, rest, 60s).

I got a new PR for my normal plank though - 4 min 30 seconds. Next target is 5 mins! :shock:

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

And we have a new world record, a scarcely believable 8 hours: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-36294592

Time to up my game and aim for at least a minute per hour of Mao Weidong's record.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Health & fitness incl. well-being”