To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

6 month wedding date countdown - My weight loss diary!

A forum for general discussion on Health and Fitness issues and topics such as well-being
WilBert
Dumbledore

Re: 6 month wedding date countdown - My weight loss diary!

Post by WilBert »

You must be saving a fortune too?

nffc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nffc »

WilBert wrote:You must be saving a fortune too?
Correct. At least £150 in a week, maybe £250+ was being pissed down the toilet some weeks.
In comparison last week I only spent £13.98 on alcohol for two bottles of wine on Saturday night. Still a lot for one night to most people but you have to think in relation to what I was doing before its tiny. All this extra spare cash now going into the wedding and honeymoon fund.

I am out this Saturday night with some lads as we are finalising the stag do details (newcastle 8-) ) but I won't go crazy, then no more alcohol til the saturday after.

nffc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nffc »

Day 1.
Weight: 19st 6lb
BMI: 33.16

Day 63
Weight: 17St 10lb
BMI: 30.2

106 days to go
Lost this week 2lb
Weight loss to date = 24lb
Target weight = 16st
Remaining to lose = 24lb (halfway there!)

I scrapped the zero carb thing that I did last week. It shows good short term results but I was always hungry which was never been a problem before since starting this weight loss. Gone back to 3 sensible meals a day with fruit in between if I feel like it. It was working fine before so i dont know why i changed it.

Patrician
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ...bears no responsibility for bad points forecasts
FS Record: 2nd TFFE 2008, FPL 3 top 10k finishes

Post by Patrician »

On the carbs thing, eat plenty at breakfast, less at lunch and none in the evening. It's the evening carbs that tend to sit on the old midriff.

crispybits
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISO Apprentice Champion 2011-2012, Xpert11 FBT winner season 7

Post by crispybits »

You changed it because you were trying to keep up with me and keep that tenner in your pocket :wink:

PS - I've been constantly hungry now for a little over 2 months :evil:

nffc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nffc »

crispybits wrote:You changed it because you were trying to keep up with me and keep that tenner in your pocket :wink:

PS - I've been constantly hungry now for a little over 2 months :evil:
Oh yeah! I remember now....I challenged crispybits the weight lose machine to a diet race bet :oops:

Food hunger has not really been the problem for me its more a hunger for my social life back. :cry: Just keep it going mate, its not easy but you are doing well and it's going to be well worth the struggle.

crispybits
Dumbledore

Post by crispybits »

You should try and do something about getting social events back into your schedule - if your mates are all down the pub the go and say hello, get a glass of water from the bar and even if you can only last 5 minutes without having to either walk out again or get a beer do those 5 minutes and walk away. The next time you might last 10 minutes, then 20. Those first few especially will probably be very hard from what you've said in this thread, but then you've been making other hard calls and sticking to them already. Drive to the pub and park somewhere you can't leave the car overnight just to give yourself an excuse to tell your mates if necessary. Now is actually a good time to do it because if you're anything like me people are now really starting to notice how much weight has come off - it shows you're serious about this...

I say this because unless you can normalise healthy nights out (or at least not liver-destroying ones) you're not going to stick with this properly after the wedding. If you're going to stay healthy long term you going to need to find a way to spend time with your mates without going back to the habits that put you up above 20 stone in the first place.

Long term health is about long term choices and no social life is no more a healthy long term choice than too much of one...

(PS at times one of them WILL put a pint in front of you - either because they're not thinking or because they're convinced it's what you really want. Deep breath and remind yourself why you're doing this - you want to live into your 80s happy and healthy alongside your new wife, not die in pain in your 50s from liver damage)

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Or invite them to join the gym?

nffc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nffc »

I dont know how this week but...

Day 1.

Day 70
Weight: 17St 7lb
BMI: 29.85 :D

99 days to go (PANIC!!!! :oops: )
Lost this week 3lb :?
Weight loss to date = 27lb
Target weight = 16st
Remaining to lose = 21lb

I had written this week off on Thursday as at best a no lose week due to lack of discipline most evenings. But some how I have lost 3 pound!!?

Sunday night = Pub and chinese takeaway
Tuesday night = Carb high late night supper (3 x white toasted bread!)
Wednesday night = Couple of bottles of wine due to stressful day from work
Thursday night = Went out for an indian thinking I may have messed up the week anyway so f**k it.

I have not been as intenseive in the gym although I have still been going most days.

I can only imagine that me eating well during the day has achieved this but I won't get away with doing this again!

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Awesome: you should be celebrating as you have had a "normal" week and your body is shrinking. 8-)

But that is no reason to cut down on the gym, and start heavy drinking etc again!!!!

PS: I am sure that there are far worse things to eat before bed than some toast.

nffc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nffc »

blahblah wrote:
PS: I am sure that there are far worse things to eat before bed than some toast.
White bread = very bad (i think?)
Not as bad as ordering a pizza or chinese supper no but still bad enough, I had 3 slices too which is just greedy so I felt guilty afterwards. I did not even think I had any white bread in the house but I found it in the freezer. So the rest has been taken to the ducks to avoid future temptation!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Or a cheese sandwich etc....

Personally I think worrying, or beating yourself up, about that is going to depths\masochism of Supermodel Size 0 type dieting\fasting\starving\anorexia...

You had a good week, so smile and be proud!!

nffc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nffc »

As stated at the weekend I felt that my fitness efforts have not been as good recently over the past couple of weeks. Still been frequenting the gym but not as intense sessions or as long each time.

So I am making a conscious effort now to up my game again from yesterday.

I attempted to beat my 5km run time last night but I could not handle the pace and had to walk after 3km. Not a good start. :oops: So I tried to redeem myself this morning on the exercise bike and beat what I thought was an impossible PB....

20k bike
07/01/2014 = 38m 14s
22/01/2014 = 37m 00s
06/02/2014 = 36m 40s
10/02/2014 = 34m 46s
24/02/2015 = 34m 33s
06/03/2014 = 33 min 34s
Today = 33min 01s (Mucho pain!)

Gutted I did not get under 33 minutes but there was just nothing left at the end. Although I challenge anyone that is not fitness obsessed or a keen cyclist to get anywhere near that time on an exercise bike?? (level 6) its ridiculously difficult!

nffc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nffc »

Chest
Day 1 = 50"
8th Feb = 47"
27th Feb = 45"
Today = 46" :?

Waist
Day 1 = 43"
8th Feb = 42"
27th Feb = 41.5"
Today = 40.5"
blahblah wrote:Well done lard ass, do the kegs fit yet? :lol:

I tried them on this morning and I can get them on! :D They seem to push everything up and over the top of the jeans so not a pretty site but they are wearable!

I think we are about halfway through this week so a before and now photo coming up in the next few days.

WARNING - May contain partial nudity :wink: So you may not want to check back while eating lunch :oops:

nffc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nffc »

How do I upload a photo from my computer?

When I go to attach file it says the file size is too big

crispybits
Dumbledore

Post by crispybits »

Upload it to photobucket or one of the other popular image hosting sites and then put the link here in Image

(no, that's NOT me) :lol:

nffc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nffc »

I am weighing in one day early because I don't think I will get chance this weekend..

Day 1.

Day 77
Weight: 17St 6lb
BMI: 29.69

92 days to go
Lost this week 1lb
Weight loss to date = 28lb
Target weight = 16st
Remaining to lose = 20lb

I have been using the wii to keep measurements as it automatically tells you how much I have lost.

I will attempt to upload in the graph complete with end of January start of February blip! :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by nffc on 21 Mar 2014, 09:23, edited 1 time in total.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

nffc wrote:Chest
Day 1 = 50"
8th Feb = 47"
27th Feb = 45"

Waist
Day 1 = 43"
8th Feb = 42"
27th Feb = 41.5"
Today = 40.5"

I tried them on this morning and I can get them on! :D They seem to push everything up and over the top of the jeans so not a pretty site but they are wearable!

I think we are about halfway through this week so a before and now photo coming up in the next few days.

WARNING - May contain partial nudity :wink: So you may not want to check back while eating lunch :oops:
Congrats 8-) 8-)

re your bust: it could be muscle causing the expansion?

nffc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nffc »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nffc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nffc »

And now I have got the hang on uploading photos here comes actual ones of me....

I was hoping to wait til there was more of a wow factor but I think uploading this will do me good and spur me on to hit my target. (It seems so far away right now and I am doubting myself if I can do it.)

nffc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nffc »

The first photo is at my heaviest at the start of January. The second was yesterday.

Not great and a long way to go :oops:

But I can notice a few changes I think :?
Last edited by nffc on 21 Mar 2014, 09:22, edited 1 time in total.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

nffc wrote:5km treadmill
08/01/2014 = Only managed 3.5km :oops:
14/01/2014 = 30m 50s
22/01/2014 = 30m 16s
06/02/2014 = 29m 48s
12/02/2014 = 29m 45s
20/02/2014= 29m 21s
25/02/2014 = 28m 42s
27/02/2014 = 28m 33s
Today = 27m 48s

2k Row
08/01/2014 = 9min 47sec
11/01/2014 = 8min 25.2sec
10/02/2014 = 8min 10sec
Today = 7min 51sec
What numbers are you doing these at on the machines?

nffc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nffc »

Bike = 6
Row = 10
Treadmill = I did not know that there was a level? Flat if you mean that?

nffc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nffc »

blahblah wrote:
nffc wrote:Chest
Day 1 = 50"
8th Feb = 47"
27th Feb = 45"

Waist
Day 1 = 43"
8th Feb = 42"
27th Feb = 41.5"
Today = 40.5"

Congrats 8-) 8-)

re your bust: it could be muscle causing the expansion?

Possibly. But I hope not. I have some shirts that I would like to fit into :cry:

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

nffc wrote:Bike = 6
Row = 10
Treadmill - Yeah, are you running on a flat level or incline? What speed do you have the treadmill at?

nffc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nffc »

Ashers wrote:
Row = 10
Treadmill - Yeah, are you running on a flat level or incline? What speed do you have the treadmill at?
Yes flat.

Started at 10kmph, but at first I could not do this non stop for the whole time.
Now trying to sustain over 11.5kmph for 5km, but I am struggling with this and can't do it. I think I have pushed myself to hard past what I am capable of and need to go back to running more comfortable 10.5kmph

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Even a 0.5 incline makes a difference and it gives a more "realistic" run. Would one of those arm bikes help with the chest?

This isn't crispy either.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

nffc wrote:
blahblah wrote: re your bust: it could be muscle causing the expansion?

Possibly. But I hope not. I have some shirts that I would like to fit into :cry:
Stop using the rowing machine?

Are you trying on the shirts? You could get the same buzz as I am sure you got from the kegs?

crispybits
Dumbledore

Post by crispybits »

nffc wrote:
Ashers wrote:
Row = 10
Yes flat.

Started at 10kmph, but at first I could not do this non stop for the whole time.
Now trying to sustain over 11.5kmph for 5km, but I am struggling with this and can't do it. I think I have pushed myself to hard past what I am capable of and need to go back to running more comfortable 10.5kmph
Do you remember how hard it was when you first tried to run 5k at all?

You could dial it back for sure, or you could keep pushing. As long as you're not damaging your body in the attempt to go 11.5 then sure you may not finish a run or two, but just like when you first failed to do it at all, you'll be forcing your body to adapt even quicker to the new pace and soon enough you'll be doing 11.5k with the same (dis)comfort levels as you now do 10.5

nffc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nffc »

5km treadmill
08/01/2014 = Only managed 3.5km :oops:
14/01/2014 = 30m 50s
22/01/2014 = 30m 16s
06/02/2014 = 29m 48s
12/02/2014 = 29m 45s
20/02/2014= 29m 21s
25/02/2014 = 28m 42s
27/02/2014 = 28m 33s
05/03/2014 = 27m 48s
Today = 27m 26s