To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Round 11 trades

A forum for fans of Fantasy Australian Rules Football (AFL)
SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Round 11 trades

Post by SunderlandFan »

I'm NOT trading in Muston :shock:

M-boy
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 94th 07/08

Re: Round 11 trades

Post by M-boy »

I'm not trading in Muston either (I've already got one, you silly English K-n-n-n-n-iggits!)

Sarky
FISOhead

Post by Sarky »

SunderlandFan wrote:I'm NOT trading in Muston :shock:
wow! :shock:
SunderlandFan in no trade shocker.

I am.
Beams :arrow: Muston

contemplating
Ziebell :arrow: Riewoldt
but might wait on that one. both likely to drop. if Riewoldt goes out of reach I can always look at Didak instead.

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

Chornes :arrow: someone...

Any suggestions?

Also mightily tempted by Beau - but have to bear in mind the need to have enough trades to trade up...

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

I've already got good midfielders I just need Swan or Bartel.

My Backline is in trouble though, I have Chornes, Hill and Gilbert all gumped - maybe even Broughton so I think if I trade at all it's to bring in a Geelong back

Five long bones
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Five long bones »

Mackie is the obvious replacement, I`m already a bit Cat heavy and I want Stevie Johnson, so for me it`s Lockyer, not this week though, I`m going to put Suban on ground and wait till next week.

Team sheets will need to be favorable of course :)

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Looks good to me Sarky. Ziebell's made a lot and Volt's having an awesome season even by his own high standards.

Like you three - and thousands of others - Chornes is the concern for me. Out for up to six weeks, apparently. Which, with the split round, is possibly five rounds. Then there's the scores he'll get when he comes back; they might not be good.

As it stands I've got Broughton on the bench as cover which is fine, but I'd be very lucky to get away with just 7 playing backs for five or six weeks and the other guy stuck on my bench is Andrew Raines. It would be nice if he got back in the team and that's possible but I'm not hopeful it'll be this week.

Raines to a rookie would be good, but there's none I'd risk a trade on right now. The other move would be a sideways Raines move. The best one would be Darren Milburn, but I'm about eight grand short of that.

I would sell Cornes if I liked my options for the sideways trade. Admittedly there are loads of them, but I think I've got the best of them: Goddard, Adcock,and Mackie. I think that leaves Lockyer, Fisher and Enright. Can't think of any others that are up there with those six. Duffield scored big last week but I haven't seen his name mentioned so I suspect he's not as good as recent scores indicate.

I might leave it a week, see if my cash cows mature or Raines gets a game and take it from there. The good thing about an injured player is they don't drop in price!

Sarky
FISOhead

Post by Sarky »

I'm in the same boat with Cornes and a bench of Broughton and Raines.
Personally I'm not going to contemplate selling any of them until I'm staring at a donut, and even then it'd have to be this week or next.

It's probably a good thing that he's not playing through it like last year.

Managed to catch the Collingwood game against, with both his knee and his lower leg all iced up and feared the worst. At least he's a far from unique pick and favours us people with a few trades left. (I actually don't think I'd be very upset if Muston got injured for the same reason)

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

How many trades have you get left? :shock:

Actually, I agree. Muston getting injured after this round would be no biggie because I'm transferring him out at some stage anyway. Chornes I can deal with, but if it happens to another two keepers - no matter how popular they are - I'll be in serious trouble. That's despite having 11 trades left.

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Took the chance to get rid of Sam awol Butler for Muston, decided on a risky strategy and am keeping Chad and instead traded Raines out and bought in Bowden (instead of Lockyer). Very risky considering if another back goes down i am playing Stephen Hill. :?

I cant recall a player ever having a breakeven of -166 before, hopefully he will peak just as Bartels price bottoms out. Mind you as with all trades you plan one thing and wind up doing something totally different due to injury.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Chad Cornes :arrow: Mackie or Enright?

anyone else dumping Chad?

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Yes, me. I think. Got Mackie but Enright's on the shortlist. Lockyer's the frontrunner.

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

No, I'm not. Going to keep him. Maybe just one week, maybe more.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

M-boy wrote:No, I'm not. Going to keep him. Maybe just one week, maybe more.
I'm not pulling the trigger until an hour before kick off but I have Mackie, Enright, Lockyer and Fisher all on my radar. Can't help feeling I'm a fool for not getting Muston, but Muston + a donut would be even more foolish

golden bear
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 9 Ball Champ, Incidental and murfs Knockout Cups Winner

Post by golden bear »

As my forwards are crap:

Ziebell :arrow: Mooney
Motlop (the useless one - Daniel) :arrow: Giansiracusa

As my backs are crap:
Damn run out of trades.......... :evil:

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

That Cameron Mooney, the Geelong boy? Or is there another? :?

Interesting pick if so. Not one I would have thought of but I think he's doing a bit better this season and you can't really go wrong with g'long. :)

Gia's a good move, imho. He's still value and he's come good.
SunderlandFan wrote:
M-boy wrote:No, I'm not. Going to keep him. Maybe just one week, maybe more.
I'm not pulling the trigger until an hour before kick off but I have Mackie, Enright, Lockyer and Fisher all on my radar. Can't help feeling I'm a fool for not getting Muston, but Muston + a donut would be even more foolish
I agree. I don't see the point in getting Muston if you can't sell him again. He might last the season, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I've changed my mind again. I'm going to trade Chornes before the start of the round for one of the four you mentioned.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

It's a tough call out of those 4 Mark. Lockyer seems like the best and he's playing the crappy Demons, but then St Kilda and Geelong are going to be in the money for the rest of the season and their backs are bargains.

Wish i had a crystal ball :oops:

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

I didn't consider this week's games because the back coming in will be there every week, insh'Allah.

Still can't decide whether to do it this week or next when more options open up. Next week I'll have might have a clearer indication of the trades I need to do for the rest of the season. Then again, I might not.

If I do it this week I might get an extra 20-30 points out of it. Maybe more, maybe less. That might be enough to beat Dave, it might not. It might keep me in the top 2000 which would be a bit of an achievement.

:?

golden bear
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 9 Ball Champ, Incidental and murfs Knockout Cups Winner

Post by golden bear »

M-boy wrote:That Cameron Mooney, the Geelong boy? Or is there another? :?

Interesting pick if so. Not one I would have thought of but I think he's doing a bit better this season and you can't really go wrong with g'long. :)

Gia's a good move, imho. He's still value and he's come good.
Yep, it's that Cameron Mooney, hoping he's one of these unique picks that I keep hearing about. Picked him because he's Geelong and has a low breakeven (just worked out why they are so important - three months too late :roll: )

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

golden bear wrote: Yep, it's that Cameron Mooney, hoping he's one of these unique picks that I keep hearing about. Picked him because he's Geelong and has a low breakeven (just worked out why they are so important - three months too late :roll: )
Well they are and they aren't. I think people sometimes get a bit hung up on them. They are important though because if you don't trade well you don't do well. You're picking it up though; already scoring better than most other Fisoers did in their rookie season or even their second or third seasons for some of the guys in the league.

Zuluwarrior
FISOhead

Post by Zuluwarrior »

Keeping Chornes.

Did Coughlan :arrow: Muston

as coughs was taking up far too many $$$ on the bench as my last bench player (I like my mids :D )
Funded
Tex Walker :arrow: Volt

which means the net resulting change to my squad is Krak to the bench, Volt in.

and (c) this week. just have a feeling God Jr will have a quiet one and only score 100. :lol: :lol:

Five long bones
Grumpy Old Man

Decisions, Decisions, this may well be the week where sitting tight may just be the best choice if you can afford to.

I should breeze through my Eliminator, but have concerns regarding the rise of the Yellow Peril, I may have to leave that one in the lap of the Gods :?

Every time I decide on Mackie or Lockyer, a little voice says hold on in 2 weeks you can get Hodge for under 300,000, but then again I could move on either of the aforementioned and see how Houlihan shapes up and do a straight swap for Hodge if he comes up short, sometimes I think having so many trades left is a curse 8-)

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

How many's that Eric?

Risky strategy against CY, but I suppose Rome wasn't won in a day.

Five long bones
Grumpy Old Man

Not that many, 11 if I sit tight and 10 if I trade this week, I was listening to the Coaches Box podcast today and was amazed to discover that both Monty and Molly both have 5 each, so 11 seems like a lot, I think a lot of the big scorers about just now may be staring at multiple doughnuts in the last 4 or 5 rounds.

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

They obviously don't put the effort in that we do. :lol:

Having c11 trades now is great, but if you make the right trades and know what you're doing then I think it doesn't really matter because then it comes down to luck. I'd rather sit here with five or six trades knowing that I'd used them well, than with sixteen trades knowing I'd missed guys like Krakouer, or Otten or Grimes or Muston and had hung on to players that just weren't cutting it like Chris Masten.

Also, I feel a bit sorry for guys that have had lots of injuries because I've only had two and they were to minor players. There was a guy mentioned on the DT Talk live show this morning who had made about eight enforced trades. Then again, it depends how 'enforced' they were. If he sold Ablett, then I've very little sympathy for him.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

did Chornes :arrow: Mackie

scottymac
Treebeard

Post by scottymac »

did Otten :arrow: Muston
Hill :arrow: Adcock

8 trades left.

Have kept Chornes & Ziebell for now.

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Just read Ziebell and several other Roos might be crook - they've picked up a bug.

Five long bones
Grumpy Old Man

M-boy wrote:Just read Ziebell and several other Roos might be crook - they've picked up a bug.
Yeah of course they have, I`ve just put Hamish in my cursed Supercoach Ruck, so Swine Flu was almost guaranteed :lol:

Couldn`t stop myself doing Chornes :arrow: Lockyer in DT :|

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Dammit thats the one trade i wish you hadn't made. Agonised for ages over Lockyer or Bowden and now its just going to wind up magnifying the decision i made even more.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Australian Rules Football”