To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Round 5 trades

A forum for fans of Fantasy Australian Rules Football (AFL)
SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Round 5 trades

Post by SunderlandFan »

I'm doing too badly not to get some serious trades done in DT.

I'm thinking Bradshaw :arrow: Higgins and maybe Kreuzer :arrow: Frasier

I did want to bring in Chornes this round, but he's just out of my price range without doing a sideways trade.

X-Man
Dumbledore

Re: Round 5 trades

Post by X-Man »

Need some advice on mine...

I have Shaw and Milburn who are expensive and very inconsistent. If I could replace them with two 80+ characters then I would be moving from the 1800s to the 2000s....I also have lots of spare cash

Thinking of

Shaw :arrow: Goddard
Milburn :arrow: ?

Gravesy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gravesy »

IMO guys wait for your cash cows to ripen then start trading problem players. If you're not getting donuts atm then don't worry about it too much.

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

Gravesy wrote:IMO guys wait for your cash cows to ripen then start trading problem players. If you're not getting donuts atm then don't worry about it too much.
But the donuts are my problem - Shaw has had 2 and Milburn 1...

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Can you afford to swap out Shaw and bring in Lockyer/Chad?

On both FF and DT ruined my life audio blogs they've suggested that this season may require more early trading than previous seasons due to wild inconsistency between the premier players.

uncsi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by uncsi »

I'm suffering from magic donuts and I think some of my guns safety catches are still on as well.

No point doing too many sideways trades though, otherwise you won't get enough quality into the team for the latter stages. A Magnum 45 doesn't turn into a water pistol just because of a few missed targets - over time the Magnum always comes out on top.

Heater may be an exception though, given his spudgun tendencies from last year. Shaw to Chornes or Lockyer probably wouldn't be a bad idea. Fisher might start picking up as the opposition gets tougher so may be a good time to jump on.

M-boy
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 94th 07/08

Post by M-boy »

uncsi wrote:A Magnum 45 doesn't turn into a water pistol just because of a few missed targets - over time the Magnum always comes out on top.
Just as well or I'd have drowned by now.

Pavlich :roll: Fevola :roll: Deledio :roll: Mackie :roll: McPhee :roll:

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

So would Kreuzer :arrow: Frasier be a sideways trade? Kreuzer is struggling rather than kreuzing (sorry :oops: )

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

SunderlandFan wrote:So would Kreuzer :arrow: Frasier be a sideways trade? Kreuzer is struggling rather than kreuzing (sorry :oops: )
I would have thought so. Fraser's done awesomely well but can he keep it up? HMac has also done well and I don't think there's as big a question mark on him continuing his form. Besides I don't think Kreuzer's a bad pick. I'd stick with him.

uncsi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by uncsi »

SunderlandFan wrote:So would Kreuzer :arrow: Frasier be a sideways trade? Kreuzer is struggling rather than kreuzing (sorry :oops: )
Fraser's $150k more expensive than Freddy though. Kreuzer's not doing too bad for the cash. I suspect that you've got more pressing issues than him. Who knows though - this season's more uncertain than Heisenberg at the moment.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Yeah I think you're both right. I want Chad more than anyone else, but I don't see how I can get him in this round.

Grr

uncsi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by uncsi »

SunderlandFan wrote:I want Chad more than anyone else.
Swoon
What, even more than Jonno??

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

uncsi wrote: Heater may be an exception though, given his spudgun tendencies from last year. Shaw to Chornes or Lockyer probably wouldn't be a bad idea. Fisher might start picking up as the opposition gets tougher so may be a good time to jump on.
Might it be a week or two early for Fisher. Port could be a good game for him, but his break even is 120, no? So that's a tall order. He might drop again before he starts scoring well. Then again, if Shaw's causing you a donut and he's going to drop in price maybe that's more important that getting Fisher at the right time.

My trade this week might involve Mitch Robinson unless I see anything more pressing. A pitifully low score last round and Carlton have players coming back so he won't last long in the side. Can't see who for yet; Barham's 122 is impressive but I'm not sure that trade takes me where I want to go.
uncsi wrote:Who knows though - this season's more uncertain than Heisenberg at the moment.
And they say Aussie Rules banter is just Cox jokes. 8-)

uncsi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by uncsi »

M-boy wrote:
uncsi wrote:Who knows though - this season's more uncertain than Heisenberg at the moment.
Well we're not all thick as Planck's you know :lol:

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

uncsi wrote:
M-boy wrote:
Well we're not all thick as Planck's you know :lol:
:lol: Don't Bragg about it.

Now, how does the father-son rule work in physics?

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

I can afford Chornes.

Lockyer would just give me 38K in the bank and Chornes 27K

Any reason to go for Chornes over Lockyer?

Is there any downside? :?

What about Millburn :arrow: Fisher? (which I could also afford)

Although it's still early doors and I would only have 13 trades left I found that last year I left it all too late and never got a solid enough starting team. I don't want to be in that position again...

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

X-Man wrote:I can afford Chornes.

Lockyer would just give me 38K in the bank and Chornes 27K

Any reason to go for Chornes over Lockyer?

Is there any downside? :?
Might Lockyer be more likely to play a defensive role than Chornes? Just throwing that out there as a possible reason.

Anyone else got Skipworth? Out for 2-3 weeks but still has a wee bit to rise in price when he returns. Neither of my forward reserves played last week so I might be forced into an early change there.

Tippaz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Tippaz »

SunderlandFan wrote:So would Kreuzer :arrow: Frasier be a sideways trade?
no, that's a genuine upgrade.
i think Fraser could have a 90ish ppg this year
although, Kreuzer could make you another 50k if you hang onto him a while longer.

Tippaz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Tippaz »

X-Man wrote:Need some advice on mine...

I have Shaw and Milburn who are expensive and very inconsistent. If I could replace them with two 80+ characters then I would be moving from the 1800s to the 2000s....I also have lots of spare cash

Thinking of

Shaw :arrow: Goddard
Milburn :arrow: ?
it looks like Milburn is back this week.
but H.Shaw will miss 1 more game with hamstring tightness.
i'd be inclined to hold onto them and pray they come good.

Tippaz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Tippaz »

SunderlandFan wrote:Yeah I think you're both right. I want Chad more than anyone else, but I don't see how I can get him in this round.

Grr
the great thing about AFL DT is that you'll get plenty of chances to get him in over the course of the season, because our pricing system causes many peaks & troughs. relax. 8-)

Zuluwarrior
FISOhead

Post by Zuluwarrior »

Cashing in on Mitch Robinson early. :arrow: Hamish Hartlett.

The lad will be my 1st bench player for the next 6 weeks or so.... the extra 20k will contribute towards next weeks Skippy :arrow: Pavlich trade....

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Zuluwarrior wrote:Cashing in on Mitch Robinson early. :arrow: Hamish Hartlett.

The lad will be my 1st bench player for the next 6 weeks or so.... the extra 20k will contribute towards next weeks Skippy :arrow: Pavlich trade....
Not impressed by Jaxson Barham's 122 in the last round then, Zulu?

I'm toying with ditching Robinson but think I might leave it another week and see what the other midfield options are as I have cover there. I'm copping a donut in the Forwards unless I get rid of one of Skipworth, Hentschel or Gumbleton. Skipworth :arrow: Riewoldt is the current frontrunner. Gumbleton :arrow: Dowler would also remove the zero and give me another cash cow, but I think that's a bit risky for me. I could even hop on some bandwagons a bit late, like Ziebell or Taylor Walker as replacements for Gumbleton. Hentschell's staying though.

The other thing I could do is go Hasleby :arrow: GAblett and save myself the aggravation of not having Gary in my 22. It seems like the wrong time but Ablett's price isn't going to drop anytime soon - his break even is around 77 this week - and I could really do with his points.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Australian Rules Football”