To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

2009 FISO AFL Premiership

A forum for fans of Fantasy Australian Rules Football (AFL)
tedbull
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 82nd 08/09

2009 FISO AFL Premiership

Post by tedbull »

Welcome to the FISO AFL Premiership for 2009 8-)

All places have been filled and the lineup is as follows:
DTPrem.jpg
Can everyone claim their teams and post their league link here
tedbull
zuluwarrior
Five Long Bones
X-Man
cookiezncream
M-Boy
Phil???
Sunderland Fan
Scottymac
Tippaz
Worm
atx1303
CanaryYellow
Dalythgoe
Uncsi
golden bear
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

golden bear
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 9 Ball Champ, Incidental and murfs Knockout Cups Winner

Re: 2009 FISO AFL Premiership

Post by golden bear »

Steam Pigs are mine and have already claimed their spot at the foot of the table for the rest of the season.

I'm going to need a little help with the league thing because I've had a look and I just don't get it. Once I've registered what am I supposed to do?

tedbull
Dumbledore

Post by tedbull »

Hover over 'Account' and select 'Enter Ext. Team' - you should be able to upload straight from afl.com.au is it's like last year.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

golden bear wrote:Steam Pigs are mine and have already claimed their spot at the foot of the table for the rest of the season.

I'm going to need a little help with the league thing because I've had a look and I just don't get it. Once I've registered what am I supposed to do?

Did you enter your team? It's easy because theres an option to enter your DT login details and it wil auto fill the team auto-magically.

dalythgoe
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: All round don

Post by dalythgoe »

I'm the Possum Smacker :mrgreen:

uncsi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by uncsi »

I'll be glad when the f.ecking season starts. My head hurts from trying to keep on top of this and get a semi-reasonable team. I just want to stop tinkering and get on with it now :evil:

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

uncsi wrote:I'll be glad when the f.ecking season starts. My head hurts from trying to keep on top of this and get a semi-reasonable team. I just want to stop tinkering and get on with it now :evil:

Me too, you have to keep your eye on the injuries list like a hawk. About 6 of the players I was told were hot picks are out from between a month and the entire season.

M-boy
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 94th 07/08

Post by M-boy »

My head hurts too but I can't eff wait! Gonna have another look at my team and then leave it to the god(dards)s

tedbull
Dumbledore

Post by tedbull »

Points are now confirmed and the results for Round One are in:

Overall the scoring looks pretty high for the Premiership.

Straight to the top of the class goes Five Long Bones. A good set of premiums and some handy rookies set the base for a good weekly score but it was the mid-range players such as Gilbee, Houlihan, Higgins, Ottens, and Skipworth who set FLB apart from the rest.

Phil would get an honourable mention as the other FISOer to top the magical 2000 mark, but I've no idea who he is. Phil? Hello?

Golden Bear sits in the dunce's corner, though as a first up showing a score of just under 1700 isn't too bad. GB's team just seems to lack a few genuine guns, but his squad looks capable of making some money so when he starts trading up he could still be a serious threat.

Tedbull needs to HTFU with that shitey score. :evil:
FISOPrem1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

That's Sarky, and he's done awesomely well. Not quite as well as 5lb who I would describe as magnificently brilliant if I were a bouncy Irish football manager. A good start all round I'd say. Well almost...

...then there's 14th and 15th. :shock:

HTFU Ted.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Yeah Ted that's shocking by your own standards.

I think my team is better than my scoreline suggested. I didn't realize Harvey was such a poor captaincy choice or I would have just gone with Ablett and got over the 2000 mark.

All to play for starting next weekend :D

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

How many rookies have we got this season? Is it just Golden Bear? He's done well, even though 1687 doesn't look like a great score compared to the boys at the top. He's posted a score that's similar to what guys like scottymac, X-Man, SF and Worm scored first round last year. Well 'un GB. 8-)

Ted, if you get the chance can we have in the first post the team names next to the fisonames and if possible the league links and team supported?

tedbull .................................. Tedmule ........................ Melbourne .................. http://www.league.com.au/game/live.php?id=23550" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
zuluwarrior ........................... Zulu Warriors ................ Melbourne ........ http://www.league.com.au/game/live.php?id=23607" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Five Long Bones .................... Broken Bones ................ Western Bulldogs ..... http://www.league.com.au/game/live.php?id=24036" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
X-Man .................................. X-Men ........................... ..... http://www.league.com.au/game/live.php?id=23548" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cookiezncream ...................... Cookiez FC ..................... Port Adelaide ...........
M-Boy .................................. Crocodile Dundee ........... Brisbane Lions .......... http://www.league.com.au/game/live.php?id=23553" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sarky ................................... GodSaveYourQueen ...... St Kilda...................... http://www.league.com.au/game/live.php?id=24124" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SunderlandFan..................... Pommy Granites ............. Richmond ................. http://www.league.com.au/game/live.php?id=22653" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Scottymac ............................ Barry Crockers ............... ..... http://www.league.com.au/game/live.php?id=24530" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tippaz .................................. Black Dragons ................ Essendon .....
Worm .................................. Worms Boys .................. Essendon ..... http://www.league.com.au/game/live.php?id=25444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
atx1303 ............................... atx1303 ........................ ..... http://www.league.com.au/game/live.php?id=26213" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CanaryYellow ........................ Canary Yellow ................. Melbourne .....
Dalythgoe ............................ Possum Smackers ........... ..... http://www.league.com.au/game/live.php?id=23368" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Uncsi ................................... Uncle Slam ..................... Port Adelaide ............. http://www.league.com.au/game/live.php?id=22648" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
golden bear ......................... Steam Pigs ..................... North Melbourne ....... http://www.league.com.au/game/live.php?id=23564" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks
Last edited by M-boy on 16 Apr 2009, 13:46, edited 11 times in total.

tedbull
Dumbledore

Post by tedbull »

M-boy wrote:How many rookies have we got this season? Is it just Golden Bear?
There are also a few who didn't make it into the Premiership and are now in a merged league. I'll keep updating the Championship thread and hopefully they'll stay involved. Agree that GB's score ain't too shabby - to put it into perspective I'm playing in a league with a bunch of mates who have watched the game all their lives and been playing DT together for years and my score was good enough to finish 6th in their league, GB's would have been 10th! These guys are probably your average joes in this comp - not exactly FF enthusiasts but big footy fans. FISO leagues can be pretty tough no matter what the sport is.

I'll have a crack at the updated list over lunch.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

SunderlandFan..................... Pommy Granites .............Richmond Tigers .....http://www.league.com.au/game/live.php?id=22653" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by SunderlandFan on 30 Mar 2009, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Fisoers, teams, teams supported and league links updated in the post two above this. Still a fair amount of info missing, so if anyone wants to add to it, please do. :)

Sarky
FISOhead

Post by Sarky »

tedbull wrote: Phil would get an honourable mention as the other FISOer to top the magical 2000 mark, but I've no idea who he is. Phil? Hello?
Hello!

Sorry, not as vocal as I'd like to be on here, but if I keep doing "awesomely well" :D I'll probably post on here a lot more. And if you're very lucky I'll give out tips to help you lesser managers learn to be a bit more like me. :wink:

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Sarky: have you got an Aussie Rules team? I can't remember you saying last year and I'm trying to update the list above.

golden bear
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 9 Ball Champ, Incidental and murfs Knockout Cups Winner

Post by golden bear »

North Melbourne Kangaroos for me.

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Nice one, GB, every good league needs a Roos fan! They got off to a flier against the Demons.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Maybe I should switch my team to Western Bulldogs? I've got a dog's face on my shield and they look like they're going to be good this season. I was only into the Lions cos of Jono Brown, it's a bit crap if two of us support the same team.

:D

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

Have no idea about which team to support - still have no idea how the game is even played never having seen one minute even on TV... :shock:

(and that's why I'm so crap at it... :lol: :lol: :lol: )

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

X-Man wrote:Have no idea about which team to support - still have no idea how the game is even played never having seen one minute even on TV... :shock:

Just imagine 44 freakish hulks running around in brightly colored vests and trunks bumping into each other a lot and that's pretty much it :lol:

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

SunderlandFan wrote:Maybe I should switch my team to Western Bulldogs? I've got a dog's face on my shield and they look like they're going to be good this season. I was only into the Lions cos of Jono Brown, it's a bit crap if two of us support the same team.

:D
Doesn't change anything; there'll be two doggies then. I think there might even be three as mjs has a Bulldog on his badge.
X-Man wrote:Have no idea about which team to support - still have no idea how the game is even played never having seen one minute even on TV... :shock:

That's not a valid excuse and you know it! :wink:

These might help:

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/in ... 631AAxWpeP" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.convictcreations.com/footbal ... ulture.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

I'm not sure I like any of the other teams. Wherever you're brought up, even when you're local premiership team is crap you don't really question your support. When you get the chance to choose one from scratch it's difficult to pick a criteria other than you like their star players, style of play or even their team colors.

Richmond get no love and they're a bit like Sunderland ie crap so I'm going to give them my loyalty instead :)

Can you switch it over for me M-boy? ta

Sarky
FISOhead

Post by Sarky »

M-boy wrote:Sarky: have you got an Aussie Rules team? I can't remember you saying last year and I'm trying to update the list above.
Not really. It's probably Geelong (Just found out from an Aussie friend I've been pronouncing it wrong all last season(well in my head - I don't often admit out loud I do fantasy football, let alone AFL) ) But it feels a bit wrong supporting a 'glory' team and I feel I ought to be supporting a crappier team like Brissy :wink:

I'm going to say St Kilda.

Up the Killers!

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Is it Jeelong rather than Debbie MaGeelong?

uncsi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by uncsi »

More like J'long.

Port for me - rellies are from Adelaide and cousin (who used to play) supports the Power, so I do as well.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

uncsi wrote:More like J'long.

Port for me - rellies are from Adelaide and cousin (who used to play) supports the Power, so I do as well.
I watched a few episodes of Aussie big brother last year and a guy from that region kept saying he lived in the slums of Geelong but said it like Jeelong, he did seem a bit thick though.

Nice to see you uncsi :D

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Sarky wrote:
M-boy wrote:Sarky: have you got an Aussie Rules team? I can't remember you saying last year and I'm trying to update the list above.
Not really. It's probably Geelong (Just found out from an Aussie friend I've been pronouncing it wrong all last season(well in my head - I don't often admit out loud I do fantasy football, let alone AFL) ) But it feels a bit wrong supporting a 'glory' team and I feel I ought to be supporting a crappier team like Brissy :wink:

I'm going to say St Kilda.

Up the Killers!
Nice one... Oh no, wait a minute... what did you say? :evil:

There's a bit of history between your new team and the mighty Lions, which started with the Brisbane players Jamie Charman, Chris Scott and Mal Micheal ganging up on Nick Riewoldt in a game in 2005 to damage his shoulder.

Rough stuff :twisted:

Then you gubbed us in the return match. :roll:
uncsi wrote:More like J'long.

I remember you saying you had a cousin who could play a bit, but I couldn't remember where or who they supported. Post updated, still a few to go, but I've listed most of the teams.

tedbull
Dumbledore

Post by tedbull »

SunderlandFan wrote: Richmond get no love and they're a bit like Sunderland ie crap so I'm going to give them my loyalty instead :)
Plus they have the best club song. Actually, we should have a club song thread to get you all in the mood... I wonder where I can find the mp3s?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Australian Rules Football”