To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Nobbly Croc - Live Footy Chat

A forum for fans of Fantasy Australian Rules Football (AFL)
uncsi
Grumpy Old Man

Re: The Nobbly Croc - Live Footy Chat

Post by uncsi »

He was only on 50 for ages until he came on late in Q4 and picked up a +10.

Otten picked up another nice score - should be in line for a decent rise.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

uncsi wrote:He was only on 50 for ages until he came on late in Q4 and picked up a +10.

Otten picked up another nice score - should be in line for a decent rise.
The annoying thing is I hummed and harred so long over picking either Goddard or Gram.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

I'm going to stay up and watch the Geelong game live. Well I will if someone knows an online source where I can watch it :D

PM me if you can help, I remember Cookiez knew a good site, but I can't find it now.

Zuluwarrior
FISOhead

Post by Zuluwarrior »

http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

maybe?

am looking forward to the footy this weekend 8-) lots of rain around too which should see a reduced DT score output.... cmon Gablett!!

Zuluwarrior
FISOhead

Post by Zuluwarrior »

HAHA Brad ottens copped a wayward ball in the face during warmup, split his lip but looks like he'll be right to start....

EDIT: Oh Dear :cry: Ottens has done his knee. Looks like a medial ligament, missing 4-6 weeks, but thats very very early projections. will keep you all updated :shock:
Last edited by Zuluwarrior on 04 Apr 2009, 04:42, edited 1 time in total.

Zuluwarrior
FISOhead

Post by Zuluwarrior »

Some late changes- DAYNE BEAMS starts for the pies, dale thomas a late withdrawal

Zuluwarrior
FISOhead

Post by Zuluwarrior »

oh dear. what a terrible shame. Just saw the slow motion replay of the ottens incident. they're not saying much on tele, but from what i can tell, using my wonderful physiotherapy clinical reasoning skills, he's torn his Anterior Cruciate Ligament. The mechanism of injury couldnt be more ideal. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

poor bigger

Zuluwarrior
FISOhead

Post by Zuluwarrior »

Woooo Josh Fraser on 80 at half-time! Take that Cox lovers :p

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Doh Ablett falls short - a very average captain score.

Did anyone have Swan? Looks like he ripped it up against the Demons.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Zuluwarrior wrote:Some late changes- DAYNE BEAMS starts for the pies, dale thomas a late withdrawal
Damn I should have left him in when I heard that rumor about Pendlebury - still nice to have a rookie than can score 90

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Gibbs got another big score - wish I'd selected him and Swan

Five long bones
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Five long bones »

Thank god, I got up early this morning and found out about Ottens, and was alarmingly disturbed, and profoundly shaken by what had happened, I have to confess, I am seriously affected by the traumas of DT, and so early in the season, I am sure I`m not the only one to dispatch the toys from the perambulator and threaten to throw in the towel, but after a cold shower and a large Jack and American, I have nursed myself back to sanity with the help of a decent looking week in FPL and what looks like a possible first week catastrophe redeeming week in SC :P

Zuluwarrior
FISOhead

Post by Zuluwarrior »

Update on Ottens: The coach said it was a medial ligament only and should miss 4-6 weeks. Lucky methinks! Looked very much like a serious one. so im actually quite glad :mrgreen:

Looking forward to the rest of the matches today, hope Bachar Houli will repay my faith (very expensive faith! over 300k!!) and rack up huge numbers.......

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Ive been doing a few estimates and if the rest of my players get at least 70 each on average then I'm looking at something in the 1800's this week. Must do better.

Five long bones
Grumpy Old Man

I`ve been reading through a thread on Big Footy by 54 dogs titled The true value of a zero it`s quite hard going, and I would have to confess to reading the first 2 pages about 10 or 15 times, but once the penny drops, it is without question the most informative and enlightening tutorial on the use of trades I have had the pleasure of reading, highly recommended, persevere where necessary, it will be worth it 8-)

tedbull
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 82nd 08/09

Post by tedbull »

SunderlandFan wrote: Did anyone have Swan? Looks like he ripped it up against the Demons.
I've got Swan (130), Gibbs (152), and S.Johnson (130). Unfortunately the rest of my side is crap. :evil: Another score of around 1800 awaits.

tedbull
Dumbledore

Post by tedbull »

By the way, the FISO Brownlow started last week - the votes went to the top 3 scorers for the week. This week will be scored on the same basis.

I'll start a thread tomorrow from work.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Just took a look at my live scores with 15 minutes left in the final game and it isn't pretty. Don't think I'll even break 1800 this round. Lots of my players have the "tagged" symbol :cry:

Zuluwarrior
FISOhead

Post by Zuluwarrior »

Bachar WHOli? :shock:

what a shite week. Big fat 300k donut in the backs, scored just over 1800. need to improve.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

I noticed Ziebell outscored Higgins 70 to 65 today, I had been eyeing them for a swap. Goes to show the benefit of waiting before trading.

tedbull
Dumbledore

Post by tedbull »

Five long bones wrote:I`ve been reading through a thread on Big Footy by 54 dogs titled The true value of a zero it`s quite hard going, and I would have to confess to reading the first 2 pages about 10 or 15 times, but once the penny drops, it is without question the most informative and enlightening tutorial on the use of trades I have had the pleasure of reading, highly recommended, persevere where necessary, it will be worth it 8-)
It's a very good read, and prompted me to consider the value of the 4 point hit in FPL. We really don't seem to do enough of that kind of stuff on FISO.

Zuluwarrior
FISOhead

Post by Zuluwarrior »

Ok so just some of my thoughts so far:

20 trades left for me :D

Planning on doing B.Houli :arrow: L.Harding before he skyrockets in price.... (dont worry more on price changes to come later :))

looks like he's going to play midfield all year, and alongside stevens & harvey shouldnt be tagged too much. 290k is too little to pass up.

Then, Raines :arrow: Cheney. It means Cheney will play in my squad with petrenko for around 3 weeks, but the 221k ill have in the bank will allow a very early upgrade of a cash cow :arrow: elite keeper who underperformed early on. and going on that 'True value of a zero' post of bigfooty, the earlier the better!

Next weeks planned trades- will still be able to get in Zaharakis or Beams for L.Anthony at 86k before they play their 3rd games :mrgreen:

anythoughts? Tell me bout your trades too.... 8-)

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

If Harvey is going to get poor scores because of being tagged then these will be my trades

B Harvey :arrow: S Higgins
S Hill :arrow: L Harding

If that's crazy to get rid of Harvey then I'll do these trades

M Nicoski :arrow: L. Harding
Raines :arrow: Cheney

Zuluwarrior
FISOhead

Post by Zuluwarrior »

Tough Call SF!

Harding & Higgins as a pair are much better than Harvey & Hill imo.

IMO Probs a combined average of 160 (harding 80 Higgins 80) vs 140 (harvey 90 Hill 50)

nicoski to harding is a top trade in itself if you can afford it too...

I ended up doing Houli :arrow: Harding
and Broughton :arrow: Cheney

Hills breakeven (BE) is 55 this week (ie needs 55 points to stay on the same price, if he gets 70 he'll rise by approx 10k)
Willing to keep him on the bench as an emergency with raines until he picks up his form or gets dropped. may come in handy later on- his form in the NAB cup cant be forgotten. although playing indoors at the dome on sunday in terrible conditions and only scoring 17- he does need to HTFU

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Captain Gablett! Gives me my first decent captaincy score at last :D

Zuluwarrior
FISOhead

Post by Zuluwarrior »

BAH. Captained Chad Cornes this week. bad move methinks. hope he racks up 20 marks against my woeful team and gets 150!

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

The Saints just destroyed the Eagles - glad I have Cox and Goddard.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Kreuzer's a bit of a concern, kind of ruined a good week slightly, but I hope he's okay to play next weekend.

Five long bones
Grumpy Old Man

He`ll probably ignore the advice of locals and take a supposedly invigorating Easter dip in a croc infested waterhole :roll:

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Ha, typical - great start but things have gone downhill somewhat. I think B Harvey will never get a game without being tagged to the point of making him pointless to hang onto - Harding fell apart the first game i bring him in for. Whitecross does amazing whil sat on my bench. Generally poor scores from the rest of my team. I'm on 1552 with 5 players left.

N Foley, D Cross, GIA, C Newman and Deledio - on a good day any of them could break a hundred. If they get average 90, I'll take that just so I can get my first 2000> on the score table.

2 trades beckon this week - I think Harvey has to go.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Australian Rules Football”